Author Topic: Legends Temple Run Elimination Game  (Read 1914 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Temple Run Elimination Game
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
I hate to decide which one is the winner since they are both solid runs, but I am going to have to eliminate The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain. Jarrid and Jessica were by far one of the best teams on the show. They were able to conquer a brutal layout by speeding through the temple and not hesitating much at all. But that brief moment when Jarrid went into the Room of the Secret Password with only a half-pendant would've proved fatal if there was a temple guard there.

That means  The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor wins the game. Missy was a solid contestant throughout the whole temple run. She was the first one ever to overcome all odds and record an center of the temple win. Despite being nervous, she took all the shortcuts in the temple and never made any real mistakes. Her emotions at the end of the run were probably one the most memorable moments in Legends history. 

#25: The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland
#24: The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan
#23: The Collar of Davy Crockett
#22: The Trojan Horseshoe
#21: The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe the Ox
#20: The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen
#19: The Snake Skin Boots of Billy the Kid
#18: The Moccasins of Geronimo
#17: The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba
#16: The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
#15: Galileo's Cannonball
#14: The Star of Sultan Saladin
#13: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
#12: The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
#11: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
#10: The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
#9: The Belly Button of Buddha
#8: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
#7: The Milk Bucket of Freydis
#6: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
#5: The Lucky Medallion of Atocha
#4: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
#3: The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
#2: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
#1: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2011, 11:01:02 PM »
Lucky Pillow is a great choice to win. Missy never hesitated, and even her hitting the actuator to the Heart Room wasn't a bad thing. It was so hard to choose between the 2. Anyone in the Top 3 could have won and I would have been happy. I almost wanted Lost Hornpipe to win, but Lucky Pillow was a tad better. So Congrats to Lucky Pillow!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2011, 11:04:19 PM »
And that's also a great top 25 list too for the most part. I think the top 10 temple runs were some of the best that the show had to offer. Although I might've switched the Belly Button of Buddha's position with Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress. But this is a very good list.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2011, 11:16:01 PM »
I would have put Metal Beard and Bandit Queen higher. And yeah, this is the best list we've ever had in elimination game history.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:16:14 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2011, 11:20:02 PM »
I'll admit I would've almost gone the other way, but both those last episodes had really great Temple Runs that deserved to be the top two.  I'm actually happy that either of them won. :D
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline geniusonwheels

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2011, 11:22:58 PM »
I would like to let the record note that this was being typed before The Red Jaguars posted their comment. These are the times that even Shaka Zulu can't beat.

Relax, it's just a game. I know it's a hard choice, but don't take it too seriously. This game would be boring if the choices were too obvious. If you don't like this game, then just don't play it, its simple. The thread stays open until the decision has been made. We are not starting a new topic, we are going to decide the winner in this thread. Sorry to sound rude, but I'm just being honest. You don't have to get so worked up just because the decisions are getting harder.

Like Joel, I can handle it  :lol:

Sorry, I guess I was getting too wrapped up in it. I guess I was adding unncessary/unneeded/satirical wit to a tense moment.

But...since it has a full day...

My 2 cents?

#1 Lost Hornpipe, #2 Lucky Pillow.

This thread is to determine the best 'Temple Run' of all time, not 'Episode'.

What makes the Lucky Pillow episode so magical is watching a frail girl slowly progress into grabbing an artifact from the center room, not an easy task in itself. But, if someone had to sit down and watch 360 minutes of Temple Runs (yes, it shorter than 360 minutes, but still), her episode is just another solo win. Without the show background, the final effect is not as much.

Jessica and Jarrid were a powerhouse team. Neither spent too much time deciding or finishing a room task. I felt that Missy spent too much time in the Throne Room (remember the Guard pretty much shooing her away) and the Shrine. The only real mistake on Lost Hornpipe was Jarrid entering Secret Password for about 3 seconds, before he realized the Shrine/Bog door opened. Sure, that mistake could have been detrimental to the run if a Temple Guard was there, but at least Jarrid was sharp enough to get out, and not do anything really foolish like open up the cabinets.

Jarrid coming back up the ladder he went down? Brilliant. As anyone knows, that bottom level is a pain in the ass to finish, and time wasn't on his side. And unfortunately, he took the most direct route possible. Both players had to go up the shaft. A timekiller in itself.

IMO, the most astute thing in Lucky Pillow is Forest/Shrine. In Lost Hornpipe is Shrine/Bog/Shrine. The latter showed an epiphany that would be crucial getting out of the temple. Missy got lucky with there being only 1 guard in the most direct route to the artifact (Crypt could have had one, but we don't know). Jarrid/Jessica had at least 2 in the most direct (3rd and final if in the Cave. Since Tomb/Jester didn't open, and there was no guard in Secret Passowrd, the 3rd guard must have been in the Cave, unless LOTHT decided to stick the final guard in a room that was impossible to get to, unless Shrine/Dark Forest was open, but why would you go if Shrine/Bog was open?). The fact they had to have a teammate change shows how fast these people were. In comparison, Missy grabbed the pillow at 0:42. Jarrid grabbed the hornpipe after 2 guards and a substitution with 0:36. In terms of speed, she wasn't that fast, just kind of lucky, just like her pillow.

Jarrid and Jessica knew how the Temple ran, and they knew how to get back out. Missy had a great episode, but in terms of the 3 minutes at the end of the show, Joseph Wheeland's instrument is the one that gets to go to space camp.

But like LeVar Burton said "But don't take my word for it..."

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2011, 11:32:41 PM »
I am going to post my opinion on the placement later like we did with the old Boys and Girls elimination game.

Would anyone be up for a worst temple run elimination game?

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »
"Lost Hornpipe" would have been my choice to win, too.  But what's done is done, I guess, and "Lucky Pillow" is a lot better than 90% of the others, so I'm alright with it.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline geniusonwheels

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2011, 11:37:33 PM »
"Lost Hornpipe" would have been my choice to win, too.  But what's done is done, I guess, and "Lucky Pillow" is a lot better than 90% of the others, so I'm alright with it.

Agreed, 100%. Lucky Pillow, Lost Hornpipe, and Mussel Shell Armor were for sure the top 3. I'm was satisfied that these were the 3, no matter the order.

Jokingly, I almost removed Lucky Pillow on Post #36 (look it up). THAT would have been detrimental.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2011, 11:37:49 PM »
I am going to post my opinion on the placement later like we did with the old Boys and Girls elimination game.

Would anyone be up for a worst temple run elimination game?
Sure, I'm all for it. Go ahead and start up the thread if you want. And I sort of agree about Lost Hornpipe, Jessica and Jarrid were a solid team. But, I'm still glad Lucky Pillow won.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2011, 02:55:18 AM »
Aggggh........

Please, everyone just stop! I am pulling my hair out with every pick at this point.  :shock:

Personally, I think that one/two person/people determining best of all time is too great a power for any one person/two people.

Would anyone disagree in starting a new thread, where we discuss these 3 episodes, pros/cons, cast votes, and as a message board community, decide the best of all time, and then post the best 3 here about a week later?

This may seem preposterous, but hey, if we don't, SOMEONE has got to go through THOSE 3.
If you feel that way, make a Hurt and Heal so that it would be shared among everyone's opinions. :P

Personally, this is a great top 25. But I think The Belly Button of Buddha and The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus should've been lower, The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta and Lawrence of Arabia's Headress higher and I would've preferred The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain to win, but that's just my opinion, and what's done is done.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:21:26 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2011, 03:19:49 AM »
Aggggh........

Please, everyone just stop! I am pulling my hair out with every pick at this point.  :shock:

Personally, I think that one/two person/people determining best of all time is too great a power for any one person/two people.

Would anyone disagree in starting a new thread, where we discuss these 3 episodes, pros/cons, cast votes, and as a message board community, decide the best of all time, and then post the best 3 here about a week later?

This may seem preposterous, but hey, if we don't, SOMEONE has got to go through THOSE 3.
If you feel that way, make a Hurt and Heal so that it would be shared among everyone's opinions. :P
But not while the similar full episode one is going on to avoid serious confusion k? :lol:
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2011, 08:22:26 AM »
Aggggh........

Please, everyone just stop! I am pulling my hair out with every pick at this point.  :shock:

But not while the similar full episode one is going on to avoid serious confusion k? :lol:
I can always make the title 'Hurt and Heal: Legends Temple Runs', right? :P
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2011, 05:15:15 PM »
Aggggh........

I can always make the title 'Hurt and Heal: Legends Temple Runs', right? :P
Hey, if we've confused the Alphabet and Word Games on several occasions (I know I have), I don't think that'll help, especially not with near-identical lists in the threads. ;)

Privacy
Hosting provided by VlexoFree Hosting