Author Topic: Wild Jungle EP: The Golden Crown of Archimedes  (Read 308 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Wild Jungle EP: The Golden Crown of Archimedes
« on: April 01, 2011, 09:08:03 AM »
To find more Wild Jungle episodes, click THIS LINK to go to the Official Episode Guide thread!

We see a man in jeans and a blue shirt standing in front of a giant stone head, facing it.

“Olmec,” says the man, “are you sure that the Rapids are safe to cross for today?”

“Oh, don’t be a worrywart, Kirk,” replies Olmec. “Anyway, it was your job to make sure that the bridges were stable enough to cross.”

“Oh, right.” Kirk runs off-camera. “It seems safe enough to me,” calls Kirk from a distance away. “I don’t think they should be much trou—AHHH!” A splash is heard, and then a tired call from Kirk. “Found a problem…”

Olmec shouts: “Welcome to LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE: WILD JUNGLE!”

The theme music suddenly begins to play. There is a flash of green lightning, two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s logo, and underneath it the words “Wild Jungle” appear as the Pendant pushes back to allow the rest of the title to appear over it. The background quickly cross-fades to lush greenery as cascading water is heard. The camera then moves towards the right to reveal a channel of bubbling, steamy water, and what appears to be a tropical jungle.

“With your guide, Kirk Fogg!” Olmec then yells. “And here he is now!”

A bamboo gate opens below the audience sections, and Kirk runs out to greet the crowd, crossing a bridge to the other side of the rapidly-moving water. “Thank you very much!” he shouts. “Nice to see you—nice to see you too, Olmec. Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple. The rooms are filled with lost treasures that are protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards. Only Olmec knows the legend behind each of the treasures in his Temple. Which one are we gonna hear about today?”

The lights under Olmec switch on as he replies:
“The Legend of the Golden Crown of Archimedes.”

“Ah, the Golden Crown of Archimedes,” repeats Kirk. “Well, the legend is set, and one of these six teams will have a chance to retrieve the Golden Crown—”

The camera segues back to the doorway that Kirk emerged from moments ago, and the teams come out of it one-by-one as Kirk introduces them.

“Will it be the Red Jaguars?
“The Blue Barracudas?
“The Green Monkeys?
“The Orange Iguanas?
“The Purple Parrots?
“Or the Silver Snakes?”

“They’re gonna have to pass some tough physical and mental tests,” says Kirk, “and in the end, only one team will earn the right to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, they have to cross the Rapids, and Olmec will tell us how they’ll have to do it today.” The camera zooms in on Olmec’s face as a small animated representation of the game appears in the corner of the screen.

Olmec instructs:
“Before you, an unstable bridge stretches across the Rapids, and along the sides, two old vines. When Kirk gives the signal, the first player will step onto the bridge and make their way across. If you fall into the water, you must return to the riverbank and begin again. Both partners must cross the Rapids the same way, and when both partners are safely on the other side, hit your gong to finish!” The camera rapidly zooms out all the way to the Red Jaguars’ gong, which Kirk slams down on to demonstrate.

“The first four teams to hit their gongs will advance to the next round,” finishes Olmec.

“Teams!” calls Kirk, who is standing on the wooden bridge at the front end of the Rapids. “Are you ready?”

The teams all shout and cheer in response.

“Olmec, are you ready?” Kirk then asks.

“Let’s rock!” replies Olmec.

“All right,” says Kirk in response. “On your marks, get set… GO!”

The boys on all six teams are first to cross the Rapids, each one racing out onto the bridges and ignoring the vines. “Oh, there they go across the Moat—Rapids!” Kirk says, quickly correcting himself. The Red Jaguar and Green Monkey boys are the two fastest players, simply sprinting all the way across the Rapids, while the Blue Barracudas, Purple Parrots, and Silver Snakes cross slightly more slowly, taking more care. “Orange Iguanas are in the water,” announces Kirk as the boy on the Orange Iguanas loses his footing and tips over into the water. “That gives a chance for our other teams…” At barely 10 seconds into the round, the boys on the Red Jaguars, Blue Barracudas, and Green Monkeys are already on the opposite riverbank and sending their partners over, and just moments later the Purple Parrots and Silver Snakes join them. “We might be having our first team soon!” shouts Kirk as the girls on the teams begin running towards their partners and the Orange Iguana boy finally steps off onto the deck. A wide shot shows all six girls at different points across the Rapids, but with the Purple Parrot girl being the fastest and darting right across the water. “We have one—two—three teams!” Kirk says as the Purple Parrots, Green Monkeys, and Blue Barracudas all gong in one after another just seconds apart. “We’re looking for one more team—” The Red Jaguar and Silver Snakes girls both reach the deck at around the same time, but it is the Silver Snakes who are able to slam down on their gong first and lock in as the fourth team at 18 seconds in. “… and we’ve got ‘em! Stop right there!” Kirk yells.

The camera segues back to Kirk standing on the wooden bridge at the front end of the Rapids. “All right, nice job there…,” he says. “Going on to the Steps of Knowledge are the Blue Barracudas—” A shot of each qualifying team is shown as Kirk announces their name “—and the Green Monkeys—and the Purple Parrots—and the Silver Snakes.

“The Orange Iguanas and the Red Jaguars gave it a great effort,” he then says. “They’re not going away empty-handed. We’ve got a great gift for ‘em and Olmec’s gonna tell us what it is.”

We see a close-up of Olmec’s face, and as he speaks, the prize plug covers the screen:
“You will now be able to tell time by splitting open a Pendant of Life on your new Legends of the Hidden Temple WATCH! A custom-made digital sports watch design from Casio.”
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:28:14 PM by The Bamboo Forest »

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Re: Wild Jungle EP: The Golden Crown of Archimedes
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 09:08:27 AM »
The screen transitions to a shot of the four remaining teams atop the Steps of Knowledge as Kirk walks into the frame. “As the quest continues,” he says, “it’s now time for Olmec to tell us about Archimedes’ Golden Crown. But teams—pay attention, because your knowledge of the legend can bring you a step closer to Olmec’s Temple.”

Olmec begins to tell the legend:
“In the times of Ancient Greece, King Hiero the Second received a crown that he suspected was not entirely gold.

“‘I wouldn’t trust that goldsmith if I were you, your highness,’ advised one of the King’s servants. ‘He’s probably mixed silver with the gold in your crown.’

“Not knowing how to find evidence that the goldsmith cheated him, King Hiero went to see Archimedes, a famous and wise mathematician and inventor.

“‘Oh, I can show you that there’s silver in there faster than I can make a Greek salad with pita!’ Archimedes said. ‘Here, just let me melt this down—’

“‘No! Don’t melt it!’

“Archimedes was left with the dilemma of trying to prove that there was silver in the crown without melting it. But while Archimedes was taking a bath, he noticed that the water level in his bath rose up when he got in. He later put the crown into the bath, followed by solid gold of the crown’s same mass, and noticed that the amount of water each displaced was different. Finally, the answer struck him and his face lit up in joy.

“‘EUREKA! I’VE GOT IT!’ he exclaimed in celebration, and took off along the streets to the King, but legend has it, that he was so excited that he forgot to put on clothes.

“‘Your highness,’ shouted Archimedes. ‘I have proof that your crown is NOT entirely gold.’

“‘Thank you, thank you, but you really need some pants, my friend.’

“Archimedes’ discovery was later used to help calculate density, but the crown was long forgotten. Your quest is to find the Golden Crown of Archimedes and bring it back here.”

“Thank you, Olmec,” says Kirk after a brief pause. “So tell us—where is this Golden Crown of Archimedes?

“The Golden Crown of Archimedes can be found… in the Eagle’s Nest,” declares Olmec. The camera pans up the central shaft of the Temple until it stops in front of the Eagle’s Nest, then fades to a close-up of the crown placed on top of the center pedestal in the back of the Nest.

“All right, the Eagle’s Nest,” says Kirk in response. “Teams—you are now standing on the Steps of Knowledge. In a minute, Olmec’s gonna ask you a question. If you think you know the answer, stomp down on the ancient marking in front of you. If you’re right, you’ll move down to the next level, but if you’re wrong or run out of time, I’m gonna have to give the other teams a chance to answer. The first two teams that make it to the bottom level—” Kirk runs down the steps, then walks out of view “—will be one step closer to Olmec’s Temple. Olmec, we’re now ready for your first question…”

Olmec asks: “Did Archimedes live in: Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, or Ancient Rome?”
The Silver Snakes ring in: “Ancient Greece.”
“That is correct!” replies Olmec.
“All right, step down, Silver Snakes!” instructs Kirk, motioning for them to move down a step. “Next question.”

Olmec asks: “Was the king of Ancient Greece named: King Arthur, King Hiero, or King Henry?”
The Blue Barracudas stomp down: “King Hero?”
“Uh... is it ‘King Hero’, Olmec?” Kirk asks after a momentary silence.
“… close enough for this rock,” accepts Olmec.
“All right then, step down, Blue Barracudas,” Kirk says. “Sometimes those names are a little hard to pronounce, huh? All right, next question, Olmec.”

Olmec asks: “What was King Hiero suspicious of: that his food was poisoned, that his crown was not gold, or that someone had stolen—”
The Silver Snakes interrupt: “His crown wasn’t… all gold?”
“That is correct,” Olmec says.
“Whoa, just like that and the Silver Snakes are one step away from Olmec’s Temple—er, the Temple Games!” declares Kirk. “Still got plenty of time, though. Next question…”

Olmec asks: “What did Hiero’s servant suspect: that the crown was made of bronze, that the crown was painted gold, or that there was silver mixed with the gold?”
The Green Monkeys buzz in: “His crown was gold… painted?”
“Incorrect,” replies Olmec.
The Blue Barracudas then stomp down: “There was silver mixed with the gold.”
“That is correct!” declares Olmec.
“All right, and now the Blue Barracudas are just one step away from Olmec’s Temple. Next question.”

Olmec asks: “Was Archimedes: a scientist, a mathematician, or—”
The Silver Snakes stomp down: “A mathematician?”
“THAT IS CORRECT!” shouts Olmec.

“We’ve got our first team that’s moving on to the Temple Games!” announces Kirk as the Silver Snakes move down onto the bottom step. “It’s the Silver Snakes—they’re excited! There’s still room for one more team, though. Who’s it gonna be—the Blue Barracudas, the Green Monkeys, or the Purple Parrots? Let’s find out… next question, Olmec.”

Olmec asks: “Where did Archimedes figure out how to prove that the crown was not gold: in the kitchen—”
The Purple Parrots hit their marking: “He was in his bath.”
“That is correct,” says Olmec.
“All right, step down, Purple Parrots,” says Kirk in response as the Purple Parrots move down to the second step. “This match is heating up. Next question…”

Olmec asks: “Is the process of a water level rising when an object is placed in it called: disembarkation, displacement, or disillusion?”
The Blue Barracudas ring in and guess: “Disembarkation…?”
“Incorrect!” replies Olmec.
The Green Monkeys hit their marking: “Displacement.”
“That is correct,” Olmec says.
“All right, Green Monkeys on the board!” narrates Kirk as the Green Monkeys join the Purple Parrots on the second step. “Let’s continue, Olmec—next question.”

Olmec asks: “What did the King forbid Archimedes to do with the crown: melt it, weigh it, or destroy it?”
The Green Monkeys stomp down: “Melt it?”
“That is correct,” declares Olmec.
“Whoa, Green Monkeys making a quick comeback!” comments Kirk as they move down to the third step. “Now they’re one more correct response away from the Temple Games. Next question, Olmec.”

Olmec asks: “According to our legend, what did Archimedes forget to do in his excitement?—”
The Blue Barracudas buzz in and interject: “He forgot to put on his clothes!”
“THAT IS CORRECT!” booms Olmec.

“These two teams are gonna be going on to the Temple Games!” shouts Kirk, running over to the bottom step. “They are the Blue Barracudas… and the Silver Snakes!” The audience applauds loudly as both qualifying teams are shown.

“The Silver Snakes and the Purple Parrots came up a little short,” Kirk then says. “They’re not going away empty-handed, though. We’ve got a great gift for ‘em… Olmec, why don’t you tell them what it is?”

Olmec begins to speak as a prize plug covers the screen:
“You’ve just won a Legends of the Hidden Temple backpack each! Custom-designed and made to fit; never venture anywhere without the wildest backpack in the world! A product… of Jansport.”

The prize plug cuts away to reveal the remaining two teams on the bottom step. “These two teams are gonna be going head-to-head for the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple,” shouts Kirk, “and they’re gonna do it… right after this!” We cut to a hand-held camera shot of the cleared Temple Games floor before it pans up and zooms in on the Eagle’s Nest. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:28:40 PM by The Bamboo Forest »

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 09:08:46 AM »
When the screen fades back in, we see a shot of the taller waterfall near the Rapids and the audience in the background, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk and the two teams, standing in front of Olmec.

“Welcome back to Legends,” says Kirk. “Now the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest, so before we get started, let’s meet our teams.”

He turns to an average-height brunette boy with curly hair, dark brown eyes, and freckles. “All right, on the Silver Snakes, we’ve got Dave. Dave, it says here that you enjoy math and history in school, but also you play the guitar. Tell me about that.”

“Um, I’ve been playing for about six years now,” replies Dave.

“Do you have a favorite song to play?” asks Kirk.

“Um… not really,” Dave says, shrugging. He laughs slightly before Kirk continues.

“All right, well… and also, we have Katie,” says Kirk as the camera pans to a short girl with long blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail. “Katie, it says here that you enjoy pop music, but also, it says here that you windsurf. Tell me about that.”

“Um, my family’s from California,” Katie begins, “so I like to windsurf in the ocean during my vacations and stuff… and my cousins introduced me to it.”

“All right,” Kirk says in response, “and do you have any tricks that you can do?”

“Um… I like going out on the waves,” she replies, smiling.

“Th— Woah!” exclaims Kirk. “We’ve got some thrill-seekers on the Silver Snakes! Let’s hear it for ‘em!” The audience claps and cheers momentarily.

Kirk then turns to an average-sized African-American boy on the Blue Barracudas, with chocolate-colored eyes and frizzy brown hair. “And on the Blue Barracudas,” Kirk continues, “we have Hugh. Hugh, it says here that you play soccer and run track, but also, you told me that you were hit by lightning—tell me how that happened.”

“Uh… I was walking home from school,” Hugh explains, “and it was raining, so I was holding an umbrella, and suddenly, I just got struck by lightning.”

“Oh, my!” Kirk says in response. “Well, you’re all right now, aren’t you?”

“Yeah,” laughs Hugh.

“Okay,” says Kirk, also laughing slightly as he turns to a slightly shorter girl with shoulder-length auburn hair and light blue eyes. “Also, we have Allyson. Allyson, it says here that you’re a hockey player, but also you like competing in beauty pageants. Tell me about that.”

“Um, my mom tha—uh, thought that it was a good idea when I was eight,” Allyson explains, “and I competed… and I just liked doing it, and… I continued.”

“Have you ever won?” asks Kirk.

“Yeah… just once,” she replies sheepishly.

“All right, let’s hope you win some Temple Games as well,” says Kirk in response. “Let’s hear it for the Blue Barracudas!” The audience once again applauds, this time for the Blue Barracudas.

“You guys ready to play?” Kirk then asks. The players shout and cheer in response. “All right, why don’t you all go get ready for your Temple Games, and I’ll tell everyone what’s gonna happen here…” Kirk sends the players off-camera in different directions before turning to face the camera and continuing.

“In the Temple Games,” he explains, “teams are competing to win these Pendants of Life…” Kirk grabs a Pendant out of his pouch and holds it up to the camera. “The winning team will need those Pendants to protect themselves from the dreaded Temple Guards as they make their way through the Temple. There are three Temple Games, and Olmec will tell us about Temple Game #1.”

The lights beneath Olmec turn on as he begins:
“The king’s goldsmith gave him a crown that was mostly silver, just disguised as gold. In the mountain before you, we’ve hidden a ton of gold, but also a ton of silver disguised as gold. When Kirk gives the signal, climb your side of the mountain—avoiding the obstacles in the way—and collect as many gold pieces as you can, and then place them in your basket at the base of the mountain. Keep in mind that real gold will have more mass than silver. The team with the heaviest basket at the end of 60 seconds wins.”

“All right, let’s see if they can find the real gold here,” comments Kirk. “Let’s set the clock for 60 seconds!”

A countdown timer with Olmec’s face on the side of it lands in the bottom-right corner of the screen. “On your marks,” begins Kirk, “get set… GO!”

Dave and Hugh both race up the first slope of the mountain, immediately finding some gold pieces along the way up it. “All right, they’ve collected some pieces—but remember, the more they collect, the more chance of finding the gold they have,” Kirk narrates. Dave collects three pieces before heading back down, leaving Hugh collecting a couple more on his first slope. “Silver Snakes are moving fast,” commentates Kirk as Dave races back down and places his pieces into his team’s basket with 51 seconds on the clock. Hugh clears his firsts slope of all its gold pieces—six in total—before heading back down; the screen splits down the middle to show both boys’ progress. [0:47] Hugh dumps his six pieces into his basket right as Dave picks up two pieces just after the first switchback on his side of the mountain. “The Blue Barracudas seem to have a different strategy—he’s trying to collect the most pieces.” Hugh finds four gold pieces on his second slope before returning to the base of the mountain, but Dave is already back on the ground, bringing his total up to six with 40 seconds on the clock. “The goal is to get the heaviest basket,” reminds Kirk as Hugh dumps his second batch of gold pieces into his basket. [0:35] Dave moves slightly slower than Hugh, allowing Hugh to catch up and reach his second switchback barely seconds after Dave reaches halfway up his second slope to collect the remaining gold pieces on it.

With 27 seconds remaining, Dave picks up a fifth gold piece placed on a small rock ledge next to his second switchback and heads back down, but Hugh has already grabbed four pieces in his hands and bends down to pick up a fifth about ¾ of the way up his third slope. [0:23] Dave reaches ground level first, bringing his total up to 11 gold pieces, but Hugh reaches the base of the mountain just seconds after and brings his total up to 15. “All right, it’s getting harder to find those pieces of gold now,” narrates Kirk as both players begin another upward journey with 18 seconds on the clock. “They’re gonna have to climb farther up now to see if they’re any pieces of there…” Dave picks up a stray gold piece on his first slope but Hugh has already overtaken Dave’s progress up the mountain, sprinting his way up and maneuvering his way all the way to his third switchback with 12 seconds left. “They’re gonna have to make some quick grabs now!” shouts Kirk as the audience begins counting down the seconds from 10. Dave grabs three gold pieces near the top of his third slope before making a mad dash for the base of the mountain, but Hugh spends a couple more seconds to get a fourth piece before racing back down with seven seconds remaining. “Can they get there in time?” Kirk says as Dave races out to his basket, bringing his total to 14 pieces. “Blue Barracudas coming quickly…” With the final few seconds ticking down, Hugh tears down his second slope and around the first corner with five seconds remaining, racing his way down and placing his last batch of gold pieces in his basket with a mere second left. “And that’s it!” shouts Kirk as the ceiling lights flash and the clock graphic explodes.

“All right, let’s check out those scores,” says Kirk, running back into the frame as the spotters bring in the two baskets and roll in an oversized two-pan balance scale. “Let’s weigh them up here…” Kirk places the Blue Barracudas’ bucket on the left side of the scale and the Silver Snakes’ on the right side.

“And… let’s see it!” The spotters remove two bricks underneath the pans on the scale, which tips down on the Blue side. “All right, the Blue Barracudas got more gold—so that gives them the half Pendant of Life!” The audience cheers briefly and a small scoreboard appears in the corner, with a half-Pendant under Blue and an empty space below Silver.

“Silver Snakes can catch up in the next game,” reminds Kirk. “It’s also worth a half-a-Pendant. Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #2.”

The camera cuts back to Olmec as he explains:
“Archimedes was a great inventor and invented something known as the Screw Pump, pumping water by turning. Before you are two Screw Pumps, and today, it’s your job to operate them. When Kirk gives the signal, hold on tight, because the pumps will begin to spin. The player that holds on the longest—or the player that’s still on the pump at the end of 60 seconds—wins.”

“The Silver Snakes can’t screw this game up if they want to win,” remarks Kirk. “Let’s put 60 seconds on the clock!”

The clock lands in the corner of the screen with a bang. “On your marks,” shouts Kirk, “get set… GO!”

On this word, the spotters immediately begin to spin the Screw Pumps, both girls hanging on tightly as the bars make their first few revolutions. “Oh, I think it’s gonna be a long 60 seconds for these players!” laughs Kirk as the spotters begin to change direction. [0:54] Katie wraps both her legs tightly around the pole while Allyson simply locks into position ankle-over-ankle, but neither girl seems thrown off by the spinning or directional changes with 40 seconds left on the clock. “They’re hanging on there like glue!” comments Kirk as the players continue to stick close to their Screw Pumps as they flip round and round. With 36 seconds on the clock, the spotters once again change directions, throwing Allyson slightly off, but she locks her legs in place again and continues to hold on.

“The hardest part is not letting go when they start spinnin’ you the other way,” explains Kirk as the spotters once again change direction. [0:24] At this point, both Allyson and Katie appear to be tired, with Allyson letting go slightly and slamming her entire body down on her Screw Pump as she comes around the top of her pole. “Gotta hold on tight now…” The spotters gradually increase their speed, spinning the Pumps round more quickly as the clock hits 15 seconds. “Both of them don’t wanna give up,” commentates Kirk. “I love their determination!” [0:10] Katie’s legs slip from the pole, leaving her dangling precariously by her feet, but she repositions herself as she flips back over and stays in place—Allyson also not falling—until TIME IS UP!

“All right, it’s over… just let in on down…” shouts Kirk as he runs over to the Screw Pumps. The girls dismount the Pumps and trudge through the airbags under them to join Kirk before he continues.

“Okay, well, both teams stayed on for the full 60 seconds,” recounts Kirk, “so it’s a tie—they BOTH get the half Pendant of Life!” The audience cheers as the scoreboard appears in the corner, with one Pendant under Blue and a half-Pendant under Green.

“Nice work—nice sportsmanship,” comments Kirk as Allyson and Katie give each other a high-five. “So now the Blue Barracudas have one Pendant—the Silver Snakes have a half—and we’re going into our third and final game. This one’s worth a full Pendant. Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #3.”

We see a close-up of Olmec as he speaks:
“Archimedes only had to inspect one crown to see if it was not entirely gold, but unfortunately for you, you and your partner have a lot more to inspect. When Kirk gives the signal, place a crown between your feet, grab the trapeze, and swing out to meet your partner. Then, transfer the crown to your partner’s feet, who will then return to their platform and place the crown in their bucket. The team that transfers the most crowns at the end of 60 seconds wins.”

“Communication and teamwork’s gonna win this race,” says Kirk as he backs away from the Temple Games site. “Let’s put 60 seconds on the clock!”

The clock slams down into the corner of the screen. “On your marks,” begins Kirk, “get set… GO!”

With crowns between their feet, the boys on both teams swing out as a heavy cymbal solo kicks off the Temple Game track. “And there they go—they both make it!” narrates Kirk as both teams have their members meet in the middle and transfer their crowns. “This is for the Temple… whoever wins this wins it all…” [0:52] With the score 1-1, all four players return to their platforms, with Dave and Hugh putting each putting another crown between their feet. Hugh does so more quickly, swinging out and transferring the crown to Allyson swiftly and bringing the score to 2-1 Blue with 44 seconds remaining. “Oh, Silver Snakes missed!” shouts Kirk as the Silver Snakes fail to transfer a second crown. “That’s gonna give the Blue Barracudas an opening now…” The Blue Barracudas make another transfer and Allyson drops her team’s third crown into the basket on her platform. At the same time, the Silver Snakes make a transfer and drop their second crown in with 35 seconds on the clock. “All right, Silver Snakes are catchin’ up—it’s three-to-two now,” Kirk says.

[0:30] The Blue Barracudas’ next crown sticks to Allyson’s feet, but it falls off as she swings back. At the same time, the Silver Snakes transfer a third crown and tie the score with 26 seconds remaining. “Whoa, nice move by the Silver Snakes!” comments Kirk. “They’re catching up…” The Blue Barracudas make another transfer, and Allyson swings back, keeping her feet high up until she lands on her platform and brings the score to 4-3. [0:21] “It’s neck-and-neck—these teams really wanna go to Olmec’s Temple!” Kirk commentates as the Silver Snakes swing out, meeting in the middle perfectly, but as Dave and Katie touch feet, the crown falls onto the ground. “OH! So close…” exclaims Kirk with 16 seconds left on the clock. “Blue Barracudas—that’s another crown that they’ve got across…” Allyson peels her team’s fifth crown off her feet and places it in her basket to bring the score to 5-3. [0:12] “Oh, it’s gonna come down to the wire!” announces Kirk as the audience begins chanting out the last ten seconds of the game. “Who’s it gonna be?” The Silver Snakes quickly transfer another crown over, bringing the score to 5-4 Blue with seven seconds remaining. “Just a few more seconds…” says Kirk as the Blue Barracudas swing out and transfer a sixth crown with four seconds left on the clock, but Allyson is unable to score before TIME RUNS OUT!

“All right, stop!” shouts Kirk as the clock in the corner explodes. “Come on over… let’s check it out…” Kirk runs back into view of the camera to the area between the platforms, where the spotters place the two baskets for counting.

“Let’s count ‘em up…” Kirk says, heading over to the basket marked with a silver strip of tape first. “The Silver Snakes got one… two… three… four crowns.” Kirk tosses the crowns away before counting the Blue Barracudas’ crowns. “And the Blue Barracudas got one… two… three… four… five… that last one doesn’t count, so they have five crowns—that gives them the full Pendant of Life!” The audience applauds very briefly before Kirk continues again.

“That means that the Blue Barracudas have two Pendants,” Kirk then says. “The Silver Snakes had a half— The Blue Barracudas are going to the Temple!” Allyson and Hugh hug in celebration as the scoreboard comes up in the corner again—reading 2-0.5 Blue and the Blue side’s border flashing a bright yellow.

“The Silver Snakes gave it a great effort,” Kirk reminds. “They’re not going away empty-handed. We’ve got a great gift for ‘em and Olmec’s gonna tell us what it is.”

Olmec announces the prize as a picture of it appears onscreen:
“You will now be able to trek back here with some new shoes which you can buy with your Skechers Footwear savings bond! Skechers—it’s the ‘S’.”

The prize plug cuts away to reveal Kirk standing next to the Blue Barracudas amidst the equipment for the third Temple Game. “Now we’re gonna see if the Blue Barracudas can make it through Olmec’s Temple,” he shouts, “retrieve the Golden Crown of Archimedes… right after this!” The screen fades to a high-up camera above the Temple Games floor which zooms in toward the audience in the distance. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:29:13 PM by The Bamboo Forest »

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 09:09:38 AM »
When the screen fades back in, we see the camera focused on a small burned-out torch lying among some plants near the Steps of Knowledge, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk and the Blue Barracudas standing at the base of the Temple steps.

“Welcome back to Legends!” says Kirk. “Hugh and Allyson have proven themselves worthy and now have earned the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, Olmec’s gonna give them some information on how to retrieve the Golden Crown of Archimedes.”

The lights underneath Olmec turn on as he explains:
“You might begin by running up the stairs to the Oasis.” A computer animation of the Temple now appears onscreen to illustrate each room’s objective. “Push in the correct tree, and fly across the water on the Seagull Swing! You could race up to the Eagle’s Nest, and smash the correct egg to find the key, which will lead you… into the Boneyard. Hang the bones in the right pattern, and pass into the Leopard’s Lair. Place the pieces hide to complete the pattern, and open the door to the SHRIIIIIINE… of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the statue, and you may be headed for Calico Jack’s Ship. Place the cutlasses in their correct sheaths, and open the door to the First Mate’s… Secret Passage.

“Slide down the tunnel to the Sandy Shore, where you could smash through the wall to the Orangutan’s Refuge! Find the key in the orangutan’s hands and open the door… to the Bamboo Forest. If you escape, you might have a chance to enter the Ghostly Gorge. Pull down the correct bat from the branch, and crawl back through the Secret Spring.

“Then, climb… through the Quartzite Canyon, race down the stairs… and back to the Temple Gate. The choices are yours and yours alone!” The animation fades back to a far shot of Kirk and the Blue Barracudas standing before Olmec.

“You won two Pendants in the Temple Games,” Olmec then says. “Who’s going first?”

“I am!” shouts Hugh.

“Very WELL, Hugh!” replies Olmec. “When Kirk gives the signal, you’ll race through the gates into the Temple and make your way towards the Golden Crown. Protecting three specific rooms of the Temple are the Temple Guards. If you are caught, you may trade your Pendant for an extra life and go on… but if you’re caught without a Pendant, you’ll be taken out of the Temple, and it will be Allyson’s turn to enter and try her luck. When you grab the Golden Crown, all of the doors of the Temple will instantly open and the Temple Guards will vanish. Return through the gates with the Golden Crown in three minutes, and you will be handsomely rewarded with these prizes!”

Olmec then reads the prizes as prize plugs cover the screen one after another:
•   For just entering my Temple, you will both receive a sports package from Regent Sports. Whether it’s volleyball, soccer, badminton, basketball, or baseball, Regent is the name in games.
•   If you can grab the Golden Crown before three minutes is up, you will also receive an electric guitar. The Schafer Electric SST Guitar is designed… by Schafer & Sons.
•   If you can bring the Golden Crown out of my Temple in less than three minutes, you will both be embarking on a trip to San Diego! You’ll stay at The Best Western Blue Sea Lodge along the San Diego coast. Enjoy luxurious amenities—including the beach’s only oceanfront pool—or even take a trip to the San Diego Zoo.

The audience cheers briefly as the camera fades back to Kirk and the Blue Barracudas standing before the Temple steps.

“Whoo, San Diego!” says Kirk. “Let’s see if we can get the Blue Barracudas to San Diego. All right, let’s get in position, mouthpieces in, both of you… and let’s put three minutes on the clock!”

The clock—now set at 3:00—slams down into the corner of the screen. “Olmec,” continues Kirk, “lower your gate.” The gate beside Olmec lowers as he lets out a low growl, and the lights below him switch off.

“On your mark,” he then says, “get set… GO!”

“There he goes, into the Temple!” says Kirk, beginning his commentary as Hugh races up the steps of the Temple and disappears behind Olmec. “He’s heading down… down into the Canyon Room!” Hugh slides down into the Quartzite Canyon and quickly maneuvers his way around the first ledge, climbing down into the center of the room. [2:53] “This is a tough team,” Kirk reminds. “He was hit by lightning—he’s not gonna let anything surprise him here!” Hugh opens the lower door to the Secret Spring and then crawls down the tube, entering the Spring with 2:47 remaining. He wades through the mass of plastic balls, trudging his way over to the door to the Ghostly Gorge. “All right, now he’s heading into the Ghostly Gorge,” commentates Kirk as Hugh makes his way down into the Gorge. [2:40] “He’s gonna have to pull down the bats from the roof and see which one’ll open the door.” Hugh places his feet on the ground of the Gorge and stands up, but as he makes his way to the back of the room, a TEMPLE GUARD jumps out from the rock wall in the back of the room! “Whoa, Temple Guard!” exclaims Kirk. Hugh jumps back momentarily in surprise, but quickly hands over his Pendant of Life and the guard disappears. “He’s got his composure, now he’s gonna try and open those doors…” Hugh gets onto the bridge in the center of the room and begins to pull down the bats from camera-right to camera-left. “No, no, no,” says Kirk as Hugh pulls down each bat, “no, no, no, YES!” As soon as Hugh pulls down the seventh bat from the right, the door to the Bamboo Forest opens with 2:26 left on the clock.

“Into the Bamboo Forest he goes!” shouts Kirk as Hugh climbs over the ledge formed by the doorway to the Bamboo Forest. “Some people never make it out of the Bamboo Forest… but Hugh knows what he’s doing, and he’s moving fast.” Hugh quickly jumps into the “water” and squeezes his way through two vertical bamboo poles. “All right, nice maneuvering!” comments Kirk. [2:19] Hugh squeezes sideways through several more bamboo poles then swiftly climbs over a bamboo step between two poles, already about ¾ of the way through the Forest. “Just a few more and he’s outta there,” narrates Kirk. With determination, Hugh pushes his way through into the clearing on the left side of the room and hits the actuators to the upper and lower doors to the Orangutan’s Refuge, with only the lower door opening with 2:13 remaining. Hugh pulls himself through the doorway feet-first with his hands on the rim of the doorway, then stands up and immediately rushes toward the front of the room. “He’s gonna look for that key—it’s in the hands of one of those orangutans up there somewhere,” explains Kirk. [2:05] Hugh climbs the tree on the right side of the room, twisting his body slightly to check the hands of the orangutan lower down in the tree. “Is it there?” Kirk says. “Nope, he’s gonna have to try another or bust through the wall.” Hugh climbs further up to check the hands of the orangutan higher up in the same tree, returning with a magnetic key in his own hands. “All right, nice job!” cheers Kirk. “Now he’s gonna head up into the Shrine of the Silver Monkeys…” Hugh quickly climbs back down and heads to the back of the room, placing the key on the keypad decorated with a sun next to the upward door, which opens with 1:53 remaining.

“GO, HUGH!” cheers Allyson as the camera pans back to her momentarily. “GO!” When the camera returns to Hugh, he is entering the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. “All right, Hugh—he’s gonna have to assemble the Silver Monkey, and that’s never an easy task,” says Kirk. “First the base, then the belly, and then the head.” Hugh turns around to grab the base from the leftmost shelf in the room, taking it to the front pedestal and placing it in. [1:41] “Okay, that’s the base!” shouts Kirk as Hugh heads to the back of the room, taking the middle piece from the shelf at the right side of the Temple Guard door. He returns to the front, turning it in midair to place it down on the base without any trouble. “Nice job, Hugh!” says Kirk as he grabs the head and brings it to the front of the room with 1:32 remaining. “Now he’s got to jam it down and open the doors…” Hugh inserts the head into the entire monkey, slamming it down and opening the door to the Leopard’s Lair with a screech of bats and an extra blast of mist. [1:28] “Into the Leopard’s Lair he goes,” Kirk narrates as Hugh enters the Leopard’s Lair, slowing to a walk to grab the first puzzle piece off the floor… but the center panel in the wall rotates around to reveal a second TEMPLE GUARD who captures Hugh with 1:22 remaining!

“Oh, Temple Guard!” yells Kirk. “It’s Allyson’s turn now!” Allyson jogs up the Temple steps and around the corner, sliding down into the Quartzite Canyon with speed. [1:15] “She’s gonna have to make up some time if she wants to get to that Golden Crown… but she knows what she’s doing,” comments Kirk as Allyson quickly navigates her way through the Canyon, reaching the exit quickly. She crawls down into the Secret Spring, entering the room with 1:08 left. “She’s following the path that Hugh set for her,” explains Kirk. “She just has to go where he went now.” Allyson races across the Spring and slides down into the Ghostly Gorge. [1:00] She races around the front of the room to avoid the bridge and then quickly climbs into the open doorway to the Bamboo Forest, jumping down into the room’s right clearing with 54 seconds on the clock. “She’s moving quick!” says Kirk. “I like that. She’s still got 50 seconds left if she can make it through the Bamboo Forest!” Allyson ducks down and makes her way through the bamboo by putting one shoulder, twisting her body through bamboo poles and merely hopping over the steps. [0:43] “… and she’s through!” shouts Kirk as Allyson makes it into the opposite clearing. She ducks her head down and enters the Orangutan’s Refuge with 36 seconds remaining and quickly heads to the back of the room to climb the ladder. “Up into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey—she can still make it if she moves!” announces Kirk as Allyson enters the Shrine with 27 seconds left on the clock. “She’s heading into the Leopard’s Lair… now she’s just one room away from Archimedes’ Golden Crown!” Allyson jogs up the steps into the Leopard’s Lair and immediately picks up a puzzle piece, holding it up in front of her to analyze the puzzle. [0:20] “She’s gonna have to solve that puzzle by placing those pieces of leopard hide,” explains Kirk as Allyson places the first piece in the hole of the top right-hand corner space the puzzle. “That’s the first piece, let’s see if she can get the other two…” Allyson quickly grabs a second piece, holding up for a mere couple of seconds before immediately placing it correctly in the center hole of the bottom row with 14 seconds remaining. “She’s just got one more now!” declares Kirk as Allyson picks up the last puzzle piece, placing it in the only remaining hole—the right hole in the center row. The audience cheers as she places it in, and the door to the Eagle’s Nest finally opens with EIGHT SECONDS REMAINING. “GO GO GO!” cheers Kirk as Allyson instantly races through the doorway and up the spiraling steps to the Eagle’s Nest with time ticking down. [0:04!] “Grab it!” shouts Kirk. Allyson enters the Nest and grabs the GOLDEN CROWN with three seconds remaining, making it almost all the way down the opposite set of steps before TIME RUNS OUT!

“Oh, time’s up!” announces Kirk, as the credits begin to flash in blocks of text at the bottom of the screen. “She couldn’t make it out, but she managed to grab the Crown, so they’re still getting the electric guitars. We had a great time, but now we’re out of time—so we’ll see you again next time for more adventure and another great Legend of… the Hidden Temple! Buh-bye!” Kirk and Hugh wave to the camera, which lingers awhile to show Allyson returning before the screen fades to the Stanley Entertainment Group logo, followed by the Nickelodeon Productions Logo as the theme music concludes.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:29:58 PM by The Bamboo Forest »

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 09:11:11 AM »
Artifact Name: The Golden Crown of Archimedes
Result: Reached Artifact
Time Remaining: N/A
Pendants Won: 2

Diagram:

Summary:

This was an entertaining episode all-round, to say the least—could possibly even make my favorites list. The Rapids were quick… seems like the players FINALLY know how to ignore the added vines beside the wobbly bridges. Besides a rather comical fall-in by the Orange Iguanas, all six teams crossed in under 20 seconds, but only the Blue Barracudas, Green Monkeys, Purple Parrots, and Silver Snakes advanced.

The legend revolved around Archimedes and his experiment with the faux golden crown, probably the most famous story about him. It was entertaining, and I swear I even heard a little laughter from the players over Olmec when he mentioned Archimedes’ careless mistake forgetting his clothes. :lol: Anyway, the Blue Barracudas and the Silver Snakes advanced after a fairly long round with two wrong answers.

The Blue Barracudas were formed by Hugh, who was struck by lightning, and Allyson, a hockey-playing beauty pageant winner, while the Silver Snakes were formed by Dave, a guitarist, and Katie, a windsurfer. In the first game, the boys had to climb a mountain to find real gold pieces among fake gold pieces, which would be determined by the weight of the players’ collections at the end of the game. The Blue Barracudas won by quite a margin. In the second game, the girls had to survive 60 seconds holding on to a spinning Screw Pump. Both girls stayed on, bringing the score up to 1-0.5. In the third game, the players worked together to transfer crowns by sticking them to their feet and meeting in the middle while swinging on trapezes. The Blue Barracudas won again, bringing them to Olmec’s Temple with two Pendants.

This was one of the more exciting runs of the season (and one of the tougher designs due to Temple Guard placement, might I mention). Hugh (and by this point, if you don’t think he’s probably Corbin Bleu’s little brother or something… :P) was a fast frontrunner, speeding along the bottom floor of the Temple, getting caught once in the Ghostly Gorge. He found the key in the Orangutan’s Refuge and headed up to the Shrine, where he quickly assembled the statue and entered the Leopard’s Lair, where he was taken out with a whopping 1:22 remaining. Allyson also moved very quickly, retracing Hugh’s steps and reaching the Leopard’s Lair still with 23 seconds to go. She solved the puzzle in a flurry, opening the door to the Eagle’s Nest with only seven seconds left, and grabbed the Golden Crown just seconds before time expired.

Trivia and Records
At 14 seconds, Allyson has set a record for fastest completion of the Leopard’s Lair’s objective. Will it be broken? We’ll have to wait and see…
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:30:33 PM by The Bamboo Forest »

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 12:55:50 AM »
Damn, tough placement of the Guards. And 14 seconds to complete the Leopard's Lair? I thought I had some fast players in my episodes... :shock:

All in all though, it was a really good episode, and I especially liked the legend and Temple Games. I look forward to reading more like this when and if you start up on them again.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 07:39:47 AM »
Yeah, the legend was pretty well done— very well-written without the need to take too much creative license, hahah. :P I honestly liked the way the first Temple Game was used here as well, too, since the "gold versus impure gold" concept added a more strategic aspect to it which I'd really like to see more often.

And, of course, the Temple Run was particularly exciting (although it didn't dawn on me that Allyson absolutely blazed through what was supposed to be the hardest room of the Temple until I read the summary :lol:).  I'm hoping you'll find the motivation/inspiration to least finish off the third season, especially since the first portion of it turned out to be your best batch of episodes yet. :D
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!