Author Topic: Wild Jungle EP: The Sacred Scrolls of Merlin the Wizard  (Read 354 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Wild Jungle EP: The Sacred Scrolls of Merlin the Wizard
« on: March 26, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
To find more Wild Jungle episodes, click THIS LINK to go to the Official Episode Guide thread!

“OLMEC!” yells an off-screen voice as the screen fades in to reveal a giant stone head placed upon the top of a foliage-covered ledge.

“Yes, Kirk?” The lights underneath Olmec switch on as he speaks.

“Why did you change my work attire?!” demands Kirk.

“The producers said that wanted a new look for you, Kirk,” Olmec says.

“But that doesn’t mean you could do this!” Kirk walks onscreen, revealing that half of his pants’ left leg has been cut off and the other has holes in it and his shirt is almost completely ripped up.

“It’s going to be a popular fashion style,” says Olmec.

“Oh yeah? And where will this kind of look ever be popular?”

“Right here on LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE: WILD JUNGLE!”

The theme music suddenly begins to play. There is a flash of green lightning, two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s logo, and underneath it the words “Wild Jungle” appear as the Pendant pushes back to allow the rest of the title to appear over it. The background quickly cross-fades to lush greenery as cascading water is heard. The camera then moves towards the right to reveal a channel of bubbling, steamy water, and what appears to be a tropical jungle.

“With your guide, Kirk Fogg!” Olmec then yells. “And here he is now!”

A bamboo gate opens below the audience sections, and Kirk runs out to greet the crowd, crossing a bridge to the other side of the rapidly-moving water. “Thank you very much!” he shouts. “Nice to see you—nice to see you too, Olmec. Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple. The rooms are filled with lost treasures that are protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards. Only Olmec knows the legend behind each of the treasures in his Temple. Which one are we gonna hear about today?”

The lights under Olmec switch on as he replies:
“The Legend of the Sacred Scrolls of Merlin the Wizard.”

“Woah, the Sacred Scroll of Merlin the Wizard,” repeats Kirk. “Well, the legend is set, and one of these six teams will have a chance to retrieve the Sacred Scrolls—”

The camera segues back to the doorway that Kirk emerged from moments ago, and the teams come out of it one-by-one as Kirk introduces them.

“Will it be the Red Jaguars?
“The Blue Barracudas?
“The Green Monkeys?
“The Orange Iguanas?
“The Purple Parrots?
“Or the Silver Snakes?”

“They’re gonna have to pass some tough physical and mental tests,” says Kirk, “and in the end, only one team will earn the right to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, they have to cross the Rapids, and Olmec will tell us how they’ll have to do it today.” The camera zooms in on Olmec’s face as a small animated representation of the game appears in the corner of the screen.

Olmec instructs:
“Before you, an unstable bridge stretches across the Rapids, and beside it, two old vines. When Kirk gives the signal, the first player will step onto the bridge and make their way across while holding on to the vines. If you fall into the water, you must return to the riverbank and begin again. Both partners must cross the Rapids the same way, and when both partners are safely on the other side, hit your gong to finish!” The camera rapidly zooms out all the way to the Red Jaguars’ gong, which Kirk slams down on to demonstrate.

“The first four teams to hit their gongs will advance to the next round,” finishes Olmec.

“Hey, teams!” calls Kirk, who is standing on the wooden bridge at the front end of the Rapids. “Are you ready?”

The teams all shout and cheer in response.

“Why, Mr. Olmec, are you ready?” Kirk then asks.

“Let’s get crackin’!” replies Olmec.

“All right then,” says Kirk in response. “On your marks, get set… GO!”

On that, the girls on the Green Monkeys and Purple Parrots and the boys on all the other teams begin to cross the Rapids, all avoiding the vines completely and stretching their hands out for balance instead. “There they go across the Moat!” shouts Kirk, misnaming the Rapids. “Orange Iguanas having trouble right away! Purple Parrots as well…” The boy on the Orange Iguanas eventually loses his balance and falls into the water, but the girl on the Purple Parrots is able to steady herself and carry on, but as she reaches the ¾ way across her bridge, the Red Jaguars, Blue Barracudas, and Silver Snakes already have their first players across at 12 seconds into the Rapids crossing. “Can they stay on?” Kirk narrates as the camera pans toward the front area of the Rapids, showing the girl on the Red Jaguars cautiously crossing and using her side vines, while the Blue Barracuda girl and the Green Monkey boy simply run across, the latter falling in. “Whoa, Green Monkeys lost their balance!” Kirk says. The girl on the Silver Snakes falls into the Rapids just feet away from the deck, allowing the Blue Barracudas to pull ahead and gong in as the first team. “Oh, we’ve got our first team!” Kirk announces at barely over 20 seconds into the round. “And our second!” The boy on the Purple Parrots dashes across his bridge in a matter of seconds, running past his partner to hit his team’s gong.

“We’re looking for two more teams now,” commentates Kirk as the Orange Iguanas finally get one player across the Moat at the 27-second mark. “Who’re they gonna be? Looks like it might be the Red Jaguars…” The Red Jaguar girl’s cautiousness pays off as she steps off safely onto the riverbank, slamming down on her gong with her partner. “All right, we’ve got three teams—we just need one more. Here come the Silver Snakes again…” The camera switches to a wide shot, showing Green, Orange, and Silver all at different points, but the Green Monkey boy is able to overtake the Silver Snake girl and races off onto the deck, hitting his team’s gong to end the crossing after 35 seconds. “And we’ve got our fourth team! That’s it!”

The camera segues back to Kirk standing on the wooden bridge at the front end of the Rapids. “Nice job by all teams,” he says. “Going on to the Steps of Knowledge are the Red Jaguars—” A shot of each qualifying team is shown as Kirk announces their name “—and the Blue Barracudas—and the Green Monkeys—and the mighty Purple Parrots.

“The Silver Snakes and the Orange Iguanas gave it a great effort,” he then says. “They’re not going away empty-handed. We’ve got a great gift for ‘em and Olmec’s gonna tell us what it is.”

We see a close-up of Olmec’s face, and as he speaks, the prize plug covers the screen:
“You will now be able to tell time by splitting open a Pendant of Life on your new Legends of the Hidden Temple WATCH! A custom-made digital sports watch design from Casio.”

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Re: Wild Jungle EP: The Sacred Scrolls of Merlin the Wizard
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 09:05:35 PM »
The screen transitions to a shot of the four remaining teams atop the Steps of Knowledge as Kirk walks into the frame. “As the quest continues,” he says, “it’s now time for Olmec to tell us about The Sacred Scrolls of Merlin the Wizard. But teams—pay attention, because your knowledge of the legend can bring you a step closer to Olmec’s Temple.”

Olmec begins to tell the legend:
“One of the greatest kings of all time was King Arthur, the king of England in the sixth century. He was born the son of King Uther and was to be the heir to the throne. Being a caring father, Uther wanted to make sure that his son was safe so that he could take over his place. Seeking help, he went to a wise wizard named Merlin.

“‘I say, Merlin, you do have a fine li-el co-age!’

“‘O, spit it oot,” Merlin said. ‘I haven’t the toime. I’m about to test my new speell.’ He scratched his long, gray beard and unrolled a large scroll.

“Merlin picked up a glass bottle and a ship and muttered several words while reading his scroll.” Brief murmuring can be heard in the background noise, followed by a loud “poof” noise.

“‘I did it!’ Merlin shouted. ‘I put the ship in the bod-tle! O, my, what a great puzzle this is gooing to become…’

“‘MERLIN!’

“Merlin advised Uther to keep Baby Arthur safe by masking his child’s identity and letting him grow up in a secret place. But when Uther died, there was confusion as to who would be the new king of England. Merlin cast that same spell, trapping a sword in a stone and declaring whoever managed to pull it out the rightful king.

“‘I DID IT!’ shouted one of the contenders, brandishing the sword up high. ‘I AM THE KING OF ENGLAND!’

“And sure enough, it was King Arthur that pulled it out. When Merlin died, the scroll upon which Merlin had written the spell to put an object into another found its way to the Temple. Your quest is to retrieve the Sacred Scroll of Merlin the Wizard and bring it back here.”

“Thank you, Olmec,” says Kirk after a brief pause. “So tell us—where is this Sacred Scroll?

“The Sacred Scroll of Merlin the Wizard can be found… in the Sandy Shore,” declares Olmec. The camera moves along the bottom floor of the Temple till it reaches the Sandy Shore, then fades to a close-up of the scroll placed on the rock ledge in the front of the room.

“All right then,” says Kirk in response. “Teams—you are now standing on the Steps of Knowledge. In a minute, Olmec’s gonna ask you a question. If you think you know the answer, stomp down on the ancient marking in front of you. If you’re right, you’ll move down to the next level, but if you’re wrong or run out of time, I’m gonna have to give the other teams a chance to answer. The first two teams that make it to the bottom level—” Kirk runs down the steps, then walks out of view “—will be one step closer to Olmec’s Temple. Olmec, we’re now ready for your first question…”

Olmec asks: “Was King Arthur: King of England, King of Spain, or King—”
The Blue Barracudas are first to stomp down: “King of England?”
“That is correct!” replies Olmec.
“All right, step on down, Blue Barracudas,” Kirk says in response, motioning for the Blue Barracudas to move down to the second step. “Next question…”

Olmec asks: “Is the capital of England: London, Glasgow, or Dublin?”
The Blue Barracudas ring in: “London!”
“That is correct,” declares Olmec.
“Woah, just like that, the Blue Barracudas are one step away from the Temple Games!” comments Kirk. “There’s plenty of time for the Red Jaguars, Green Monkeys, and Silver Snakes, though. Next question.”

Olmec asks: “Was King Arthur’s father: Uther, Ulysses, or—”
The Green Monkeys stomp down: “Uther…?”
“That is correct,” Olmec says.
“Step on down, Green Monkeys,” Kirk instructs as they move down to the second step. “Next question.”

Olmec asks: “Is England part of: the United States, the United Kingdom, or the United Civilization?”
The Red Jaguars ring in: “The United Kingdom?”
“That is correct,” announces Olmec.
“Step down, Red Jaguars,” Kirk says as they also move down to the second step. “Next question…”

Olmec asks: “Did King Uther go to Merlin: to bring gifts, to get help for Arthur, or to be transformed into—”
The Purple Parrots buzz in: “To get help… about his baby?”
“That… is… correct!” replies Olmec.
“All right, Purple Parrots are on the board!” narrates Kirk as the Purple Parrots move down to the second step. “By the way, Olmec, what was that third choice you were gonna give?”
“To be transformed into a frog,” Olmec reveals.
“To be—” Kirk begins before bursting out in laughter momentarily. “Heh heh, okay then. Next question, Olmec.”

Olmec asks: “What item did Merlin trap into a stone: a sword, a shield, or a sandwich?”
The Blue Barracudas ring in: “A sword!”
“THAT IS CORRECT!” shouts Olmec.

“We’ve got our first team going on to the Temple Games!” says Kirk as the Blue Barracudas jump down onto the bottom step and high-ten. “We’re looking for one more team, though. Who’s it gonna be—the Red Jaguars, the Green Monkeys, or the Purple Parrots? Let’s find out… Olmec, next question.”

Olmec asks: “What would happen if someone pulled the sword out of the stone? Would they: become an animal, become the king, or—”
The Green Monkeys hit their marking: “They would be king… or they would become king…”
“… that is correct!” declares Olmec.
“All right, nice job, Green Monkeys!” says Kirk. “Now they’re just one step away from the Temple Games. Still plenty of time, though. Next question.”

Olmec asks: “What did Merlin suggest to Uther to keep Baby Arthur safe: to disown him, to mask his identity, or to live in a different country?”
The Green Monkeys ring in: “To mask his identity?”
“THAT IS CORRECT!” bellows Olmec.

“We’ve got our two teams that’re gonna be movin’ on to the Temple Games!” shouts Kirk, running over to the bottom step. “They are the Blue Barracudas… and the Green Monkeys!” The audience applauds loudly as both qualifying teams are shown.

“The Red Jaguars and the Purple Parrots gave it a great effort,” Kirk then says. “We’re not sending away— Sending them away, excuse me, empty-handed. We’ve got a great gift for ‘em and Olmec will tell us what it is!”

Olmec begins to speak as a prize plug covers the screen:
“You’ve just won a Legends of the Hidden Temple backpack each! Custom-designed and made to fit; never venture anywhere without the wildest backpack in the world! A product… of Jansport.”

The prize plug cuts away to reveal the remaining two teams on the bottom step. “These two teams are gonna be playing for the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple,” shouts Kirk, “and they’re gonna do it… right after this!” The screen cuts to a hand-held camera moving quickly down the deck of the Rapids, stopping and focusing on the metal cutout of a Blue Barracuda. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 09:06:27 PM »
When the screen fades back in, we see a shot of the back wall of the Boneyard, focused on the faint murals on it, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk and the two teams, standing in front of Olmec.

“Welcome back to Legends,” says Kirk. “Now the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest, so before we get started, let’s meet our teams.”

Kirk turns to a short redheaded girl with freckles and her hair in a ponytail on the Green Monkeys. “On the Green Monkeys, we have Erica. Erica, it says here that you like to draw. What do you like to draw?”

“Um, buildings… and other stuff,” Erica says.

“Ever thought of being an architect?” asks Kirk.

“No, not really,” Erica replies sheepishly. “I just like to draw buildings, not design them.”

“Well, okay,” says Kirk in response, turning to a much taller brunette boy with green eyes. “And also, we have Jason. Jason, I understand that you play baseball. Tell me about that.”

“Um, I’ve been playing Little League for about two years,” he explains with an evident Southern accent, “and so far I’ve hit three home runs.”

“Sound pretty good to me,” comments Kirk. “What’s your favorite team?”

“Uh, Braves,” says Jason. “I’m from Atlanta, so…”

“All right,” Kirk says. “Let’s hear it for the Green Monkeys!” The audience cheers for the team while Kirk moves over to the average-height girl on the Blue Barracudas, with shoulder-length blonde hair and blue eyes.

“And on the Blue Barracudas,” continues Kirk, “we’ve got Michelle. Michelle, it says here that you’re into singing, but also it says that you’re a cheerleader. Tell me about that.”

“I’m a cheerleader at my high school,” Michelle says, “but I was also a cheerleader for a year in junior high.”

“All right, and why do you like cheerleading?” Kirk then asks.

“‘Cause people say I have a lot of energy,” replies Michelle, smiling and laughing slightly.

“Let’s see if you can put that energy to good use in the Temple Games,” says Kirk, turning to an average-height boy with light brown hair and dark brown eyes. “And John here plays football and basketball, but it also says here that you’re working on a comic book. Tell me about that.”

“Yeah, I’ve been working on it for about a year now,” John explains, “and it’s just like this collection of comic strips that I’ve made.”

“Do you have a favorite, uh… comic strip?” asks Kirk.

“Uh… not really,” laughs John.

“All right, we’ve got a talented team here,” declares Kirk. “Let’s hear it for the Blue Barracudas!” The audience once again applauds, this time for the Blue Barracudas.

“You guys all ready to play?” Kirk then asks. The players shout and cheer in response. “All right then, why don’t you all get ready for the Temple Games and I’ll explain what’s gonna happen…” The players all walk off-camera in different directions before Kirk continues.

“In the Temple Games,” he explains, “teams are competing to win Pendants of Life…” Kirk grabs a Pendant out of his pouch and holds it up to the camera. “The winning team will need those Pendants to protect themselves from the dreaded Temple Guards as they make their way through the Temple. There are three Temple Games, and Olmec will tell us about Temple Game #1.”

The lights beneath Olmec turn on as he begins:
“No king can be king without a crown, and King Arthur’s crown was decorated lavishly with diamonds. At the base of the mountain before you is King Arthur’s crown, and somewhere on the slopes of this mountain are five diamonds. When Kirk gives the signal, climb up your side of the mountain—but be sure to avoid the obstacles! When you find a diamond, come back down and place it on the crown. The first player to place all five diamonds on King Arthur’s crown—or the team that’s further along at the end of 60 seconds—wins.”

“Decorating a crown,” says Kirk. “Sounds tough. Let’s put 60 seconds on the clock!”

A countdown timer with Olmec’s face on the side of it lands in the bottom-right corner of the screen. “On your marks,” begins Kirk, “get set… GO!”

The screen immediately switches to a split-screen to show both players’ progress as Kirk begins his commentary. “All right, finding those diamonds up in that mountain!” says Kirk as both Jason and John climb the slopes of the mountain, looking around their feet for the diamonds. “They’re hidden pretty well; Green Monkeys having a little trouble finding a diamond, there…” John finds a diamond at the first switchback, racing back down the first slope and sticking it on the blue-marked crown. [0:46] “All right, Blue Barracudas’ve got one,” Kirk narrates as John heads back up the mountain, with Jason still walking up and down his second slope looking for a diamond. “Green Monkeys found a diamond!” shouts Kirk as Jason finally picks a diamond up with 39 seconds remaining, “now they just have to come down and put it on their crown.”

[0:30] Jason finally scores, but John is having trouble finding a second diamond, running up and down the second slope on his side of the mountain looking for one. “Green Monkeys found another one!” shouts Kirk as John grabs a diamond embedded into the wall of his second slope, but at the same time, Jason finds one hidden among some rockwork on the mountain, picking it up and making it a footrace to the bottom. [0:23] “Nice job!” shouts Kirk as Jason just barely beats out his opponent in attaching a second diamond. John quickly follows suit and races back up the mountain, slowing down to double-check his first switchback with 15 seconds on the clock remaining. “Blue Barracudas found another one!” commentates Kirk as the camera zooms in on Jason, who carries the diamond he found buried into a boulder next to his first switchback down his first slope, tripping slightly but recovering quickly. “And that’s three for the Blue Barracudas—just a few seconds left!” [0:09] John walks up and down the third slope on his side of the mountain trying to find a diamond, and Jason continues to race his way up the mountain, about to turn his second switchback, but before he does, the clock hits zero and explodes—TIME IS UP!

“All right, stop!” shouts Kirk as the boys continue looking around them for a few moments. “Stop right there—come on down, come on back down here…” As Jason and John begin making their way down the mountain, Kirk goes over to the crown marked with a strip of blue tape first.

“All right, let’s count it up,” says Kirk. “The Blue Barracudas got one… two… three diamonds on their crown.” The camera briefly shows a close-up of the Blue Barracudas’ crown before cutting back to Kirk checking the Green Monkeys’ score. “And the Green Monkeys had one… TWO diamonds— The Blue Barracudas get the half Pendant of Life!” The audience cheers briefly and a small scoreboard appears in the corner, with a half-Pendant under Orange and an empty space below Purple.

“Green Monkeys had some trouble at first finding some diamonds,” Kirk says, putting his hand on John’s shoulder, “but that’s okay, because they can catch up in the next game. It’s also worth a half a Pendant. Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #2.”

The camera cuts back to Olmec as he explains:
“To determine who would be the new king of England, Merlin set a sword inside a stone and whoever could pull it out would become king. Today, you could become the king of four different countries if you do the same. When Kirk gives the signal, crash through the wall of the first palace and pull the sword out of the stone. Then run back, sheathe the sword, and do it again. The first team to pull out all four swords—or the team that pulls out the most swords at the end of 60 seconds—wins.”

“All right, let’s see who’s gonna be the new… Queen of England, I guess,” says Kirk, backing away from the Temple Game equipment. “Let’s put 60 seconds on the clock!”

The clock lands in the corner of the screen with a bang. “On your marks,” shouts Kirk, “get set… GO!”

As soon as the music kicks in, both girls race forward and sideways into the first breakaway wall. “Whoa!” exclaims Kirk as blocks go flying over the pathways. “Four swords, four sheaths, sixty seconds to do it…” Erica and Michelle both pull their first swords out of their stones at around the same time, and begin to run back to the sheaths. [0:51] “All right, it’s neck-and-neck so far…” Erica manages to score just slightly ahead of Michelle, pulling slightly ahead as she runs through the frame of the first wall with 46 seconds remaining. “Green Monkeys, nice job!” says Kirk. Michelle smashes through her second wall and pulls the sword out of its stone, then quickly turns around and begins to run back to the start just as Erica pulls her second sword out. [0:40] Both girls race back quickly—Michelle having minor troubles getting through the first frame, with stones in the way—and sheathe their second swords with about 34 seconds left for the Green and 30 for the Blue.

“It’s two-to-two!” shouts Kirk as the girls begin racing back along the pathway. “Whoa, nice move there by the Green Monkeys!” Erica leaps through the first doorway over a small pile of stones, with Michelle once again slowing down to kick one out of the way. [0:22] Erica smashes through her third wall with her hands in front of her slightly ahead of Michelle. She tugs on the third sword momentarily before it slides out of its stone; Michelle does the same as she smashes through her third wall and retrieves her third sword with 18 seconds on the clock. “Green Monkeys comin’ up fast!” yells Kirk as the cameraman runs along with Erica as she jogs her way through the first two doorways, sheathing her third sword with 11 seconds remaining. “All right, nice job… Can the Blue catch up in time?” [0:08] Michelle races onto the start platform, sheathing her third sword as Erica begins to pass through the frame of her first stone wall. “Just a few seconds left…” declares Kirk as time ticks down; Michelle starts to make her way out again as Erica passes through her second wall, but time runs out before any further progress is made.

“All right, time’s up! Let’s check it out…” shouts Kirk as he runs back into view of the camera’s aerial shot of the game. The camera then quickly cuts to a wide shot of the start platform, where the girls return to. “The Blue Barracudas got… three swords—” We see a momentary close-up of the blue-colored sheaths “—and the Green Monkeys got… three swords! It’s a tie—they each get the half Pendant of Life!” The camera cuts away from a close-up of the green sheaths as the scoreboard appears in the corner, with one Pendant under Blue and a half-Pendant under Green.

“So it’s a half-a-Pendant—or one Pendant for the Blue Barracudas,” Kirk announces, “and a half-a-Pendant for the Green, uh, Monkeys, here… We’re going into our third and final game. It’s worth a full Pendant. Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #3.

We see a close-up of Olmec as he speaks:
“According to legend, Merlin wrote down all of his magical spells in scrolls. In this game, you and your partner will be organizing Merlin’s spells. When Kirk gives the signal, place a scroll between your feet, grab the trapeze, and swing out to meet your partner. Then, transfer the scroll to your partner’s feet, who will then swing back to their platform and place the scroll in their bucket. The team who transfers the most scrolls at the end of 60 seconds… wins.”

“This is for the Temple!” reminds Kirk. “Let’s put 60 seconds on the clock!”

The clock slams down into the corner of the screen. “On your marks,” begins Kirk, “get set… GO!”

A clash of cymbals is heard as the Temple Games track starts, but all four players stay at their platforms for a few split seconds before moving. “All right, this game is all about teamwork,” explains Kirk as the Green Monkeys swing toward each other first. “Can they make the most transfers? That’s the question here…” The Green Monkeys lose their first scroll—it comes off Erica’s foot as she scrapes the ramp—leaving the Blue Barracudas to be the first to score. [0:53] “Blue Barracudas scored on that one,” notes Kirk as the boys each attach a second scroll to their shoes. “Now can they communicate to get another scroll in?” Both Jason and John successfully transfer a scroll to their partners this time, bringing the score to 2-1 Blue with 44 seconds remaining. Both teams swing out a third time almost simultaneously again, but the Blue Barracudas drop theirs while swinging out and the Green Monkeys lose theirs while coming up their ramp again. “It’s still two-to-one,” commentates Kirk as the Green Monkeys swing toward each other, transferring a scroll successfully and bringing tying the score at 2-2 with 34 seconds on the clock, but the Blue Barracudas bring it to 3-2 in their favor as they score with 30 seconds left.

“It’s still neck-and-neck—anybody’s game,” Kirk narrates as the players return to their platforms to prepare for their next swings. “Here come the Blue Barracudas—nice swing!” John swings out, meeting Michelle perfectly and make another transfer, Michelle placing the team’s fourth scroll into her bucket with 19 seconds on the clock, just slightly after the Green Monkeys brought their score up to three scrolls. “Whoever wins this game goes to the Temple!” shouts Kirk. [0:15] The Green Monkeys swing out, meeting and transferring their fourth scroll, and they tie the score again. The Blue Barracudas also swing out together, but the scroll remains stuck to John’s feet instead of transferring it to Michelle. “Oh, Blue Barracudas missed—that means it’s all tied up!” shouts Kirk. With nine seconds on the clock, the Green swing out again and transfer another scroll, with Erica dropping it into her bucket to bring the score to 5-4. [0:05] The Blue Barracudas make one final attempt to score, but again, do not make a transfer. No further progress is made before TIME IS UP!

“That’s it!” shouts Kirk. “That’s it! You can stop! All right, come on over here…” Kirk runs over to the Temple Games equipment as stunt spotters are stopping the players and bringing the baskets center-stage. “All right, teams, come on over here… let’s check out the scores…”

Kirk kneels down in front of the two baskets, tossing the scrolls out of the blue-marked basket first as he counts them. “The Blue Barracudas had one… two… three… four scrolls,” he says, “and the Green Monkeys had one… two… three… four… FIVE scrolls—that gives them the full Pendant!” The audience cheers briefly before Kirk continues.

“That gives them a Pendant and a half,” calculates Kirk. “The Blue Barracudas had one— The Green Monkeys are goin’ to the Temple!” Jason and Erica hug in celebration as the scoreboard comes up in the corner again—reading 1.5-1 Green and the Green side’s border flashing a bright yellow.

“The Blue Barracudas gave it a great, great effort,” Kirk reminds. “It all came down to that last Temple Game—if they’d won it, they’d have gone to the Temple—but we’re gonna give them a great gift instead… tell us what it is, Olmec.”

Olmec announces the prize as a picture of it appears onscreen:
“Listen to your favorite songs with this $50 gift card from… iTunes. Good for music, movies, and more, all from the iTunes Store.”

The prize plug cuts away to reveal Kirk standing next to the Green Monkeys, standing in front of the Temple Games equipment for the third game. “Let’s see if the Green Monkeys can make it through Olmec’s Temple,” he shouts, “retrieve the Sacred Scrolls of Merlin… right after this!” The camera quickly cuts away from them, stopping in front of the Steps of Knowledge and zooming in on the Rapids and the audience sections. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:07:34 PM »
When the screen fades back in, we see the camera focused on a cluster of bamboo poles in the Bamboo Forest, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk and the Green Monkeys standing at the base of the Temple steps.

“Welcome back to Legends!” says Kirk. “Jason and Erica have proven themselves worthy and now have earned the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, Olmec’s gonna give them some information on how to retrieve the Sacred Scroll of Merlin the Wizard.”

The lights underneath Olmec turn on as he explains:
“You might begin by running up the stairs to the Oasis.” A computer animation of the Temple now appears onscreen to illustrate each room’s objective. “Push in the correct tree, and fly across the water on the Seagull Swing! You could race up to the Eagle’s Nest, and smash the correct egg to find the key, which will lead you… into the Boneyard. Hang the bones in the right pattern, and pass into the Leopard’s Lair. Place the pieces hide to complete the pattern, and open the door to the SHRIIIIIINE… of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the statue, and you may be headed for Calico Jack’s Ship. Place the cutlasses in their correct sheaths, and open the door to the First Mate’s… Secret Passage.

“Slide down the tunnel to the Sandy Shore, where you could smash through the wall to the Orangutan’s Refuge! Find the key in the orangutan’s hands and open the door… to the Bamboo Forest. If you escape, you might have a chance to enter the Ghostly Gorge. Pull down the correct bat from the branch, and crawl back through the Secret Spring.

“Then, climb… through the Quartzite Canyon, race down the stairs… and back to the Temple Gate. The choices are yours and yours alone!” The animation fades back to a far shot of Kirk and the Green Monkeys standing before Olmec.

“You won one-and-a-half Pendants in the Temple Games,” Olmec then says. “Who’s going first?”

“I am!” calls Erica.

“Very WELL, Erica!” replies Olmec. “When Kirk gives the signal, you’ll race through the gates into the Temple and make your way towards the Sacred Scroll. Protecting three specific rooms of the Temple are the Temple Guards. If you are caught, you may trade your Pendant for an extra life and go on… but if you’re caught without a Pendant, you’ll be taken out of the Temple, and it will be Jason’s turn to enter and try his luck. Hidden somewhere in the Temple is another half-Pendant for Jason. If you find it and you complete your Pendant, you will earn an extra life. When you grab the Sacred Scroll, all of the doors of the Temple will instantly open and the Temple Guards will vanish. Return through the gates with the Sacred Scroll in three minutes, and you will be handsomely rewarded with these prizes!”

Olmec then reads the prizes as prize plugs cover the screen one after another:
•   For just entering my Temple, you will both receive a mountain bike from Schwinn. The Schwinn Rocket Disc provides safety, speed, and fun for you wherever you may take it.
•   If you can grab the Sacred Scroll before three minutes is up, you will also receive a complete encyclopedia! The latest edition of World Book includes over 20 volumes packed with information and illustrations for school and family use alike.
•   If you can bring the Sacred Scroll out of my Temple in less than three minutes, you will both be embarking on a trip to Magic Mountain! Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Valencia, California, with an outdoor pool and spa, and enjoy all of the rides and attractions at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

The audience cheers briefly as the camera fades back to Kirk and the Green Monkeys standing before the Temple steps.

“Oh, I know this team wants to go to Magic Mountain,” says Kirk, “so let’s see if we can get them there. Let’s get in position… and let’s put three minutes on the clock!”

The clock—now set at 3:00—slams down into the corner of the screen. “Olmec,” continues Kirk, “lower your gate.” The gate beside Olmec lowers as he lets out a low growl, and the lights below him switch off.

“On your mark,” he then says, “get set… GO!”

“There she goes, into the Temple!” shouts Kirk as Erica races up the steps and jogs behind Olmec. “All right, she’s got a Pendant, Jason’s got a half… and this is a tough team.” Erica heads right up to the Oasis and hits the upper part of the palm tree trunk next to the Temple Guard door for a few seconds before finding the push-in section. “There it goes!” says Kirk as the door to the Seagull Swing opens immediately as Erica pushes in the tree. [2:52] “That’s gonna take her to the Seagull Swing—that’s where she’s gonna have to swing across the water,” Kirk explains. Erica makes her way down the stairwell, stopping on the ledge to grab the rope, and then pulls her feet up to avoid the fishing net as she swings across to the other ledge, landing with 2:44 remaining. She hits an actuator, immediately opening the door to the Eagle’s Nest. “First door, I like her luck!” comments Kirk as Erica enters the doorway, the camera zooming in on a blurry gold object hanging off the actuator before cutting away to Erica heading up the spiraling stairs. “Into the Eagle’s Nest she goes…” [2:36] Erica sets foot in the Eagle’s Nest, but as soon as she does, a door in the back of the room opens and the first TEMPLE GUARD appears from it!

“Whoa, Temple Guard!” exclaims Kirk as Erica jumps and screams for a moment. “She’s givin’ him the Pendant, though, so she can go on… and smash those eggs!” As soon as Erica hands over her Pendant of Life, she grabs an egg out of the nest and smashes it onto the ground. [2:29] She smashes a second, then picks up a red key from the remains on the twig-covered floor. “All right, now it’s time to see which pedestal will open the doors.” Erica takes the key, first placing it in the center pedestal, but the rumbling sound of a stone slab lowering is only heard as she sticks it into the rightmost pedestal, allowing access to the Leopard’s Lair with 2:22 remaining. “A door opened; that’s gonna take her down into… the Leopard’s Room,” commentates Kirk as Erica makes her way cautiously down the flight of steps and through the doorway, entering the Leopard’s Lair with 2:15 left. “There’s a puzzle on the back wall—she’s gonna have to find the correct pieces and place them in to open the door.” Erica picks up a puzzle piece from the front of the room and holds it over the hole in the bottom-left corner of the puzzle. “She’s checking to see if it’s the right hole,” Kirk explains. “If she gets the wrong hole, she’s gonna have to start all over again later!” [2:07] Erica then takes the piece to the hole directly above it (second row, first column) and turns it so that it matches and joins up with the spot pattern on the center piece. “All right, that’s one piece,” Kirk narrates as Erica goes after a second piece. “Can she get it in the right hole the first time?” She holds the piece in front of her to examine the puzzle, then places it in the hole directly above the center piece (first row, second column) so that it matches with the spots on the top corner pieces with 1:46 remaining. “She knows how to solve this now,” shouts Kirk as Erica quickly grabs the last puzzle piece and places it in the bottom-left corner, opening the door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. [1:39] “There she goes into the Shriiiiine of the Silver Monkey!” Kirk yells as Erica quickly jogs down the steps into the Shrine. She races across the room, going for the base of the monkey on a shelf next to the blue door in the back, but the door opens, revealing a second TEMPLE GUARD who takes her out of the Temple with 1:32 remaining!

“Oh, Temple Guard! It’s Jason’s turn now!” Jason immediately takes off, racing up the Temple steps and into the Oasis with 1:25 left. He speeds through the room, quickly heading down the stairway and then barely stopping before falling off the ledge in front of him. “He’s gonna swing across the Seagull Swing,” commentates Kirk as Jason grabs the rope and swiftly swings his way over to the opposite ledge. “Up into the Eagle’s Nest…” [1:17] Jason begins to make his way through the doorway, but stops halfway through and backs up to grab the half-Pendant off the actuator beside the open door. “Oh, nice move—he got the half-Pendant! That’s gonna help him!” shouts Kirk as Jason heads through the door and up the stairs to the Eagle’s Nest. “He’s gonna go right through there; he’s got a path cleared out for him.” Jason heads right through the Eagle’s Nest and makes his way down the set of the stairs on the other side of the room, entering the Leopard’s Lair with 1:02 remaining. “All right, Jason—through the Leopard’s Lair, into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey!” Kirk narrates as Jason quickly tears through the Lair and leaps into the Shrine.

[0:55] “He’s got to put together the Silver Monkey, and that’s always hard!” Kirk reminds as Jason grabs the base of the monkey from the ledge containing the door to below. “First the base… then the belly… then the head…” Jason places the base on the front pedestal, turning it twice to get it to fit properly. [0:48] He climbs a ledge on the right side of the room to retrieve the monkey’s middle piece placed on the room’s highest shelf, grabbing it and bringing it back down with him. “Can he get it to fit on there?” Jason tries to place the middle piece on upside-down, but quickly realizes his mistake and fits it down properly with 41 seconds left. “All right, now for the head—he’s gonna have to jam the head down on top of it,” explains Kirk as Jason grabs the head of the monkey. “Jam it down!” Jason fiddles around with the head for a few moments, but finds the hole in the middle piece and fits the head on, opening the door to Calico Jack’s Ship with a screech of bats and a blast of mist from the back of the room. [0:33] “Into the Pirate Ship!” shouts Kirk. “Into Calico Jack’s Pirate Ship… he’s just one room away from the Sacred Scroll!” Jason pushes aside a cloud of fog to enter Calico Jack’s Ship. He looks around for a few seconds, getting up onto the ship for awhile before spotting one of the cutlasses in the corner of the room. “What he has to do is get those swords and put them in their scabbards so he can open the door,” narrates Kirk. [0:24] Jason takes the cutlass, climbs up onto the ship, and places it into the sheath which has an opening on the right. “That’s one, now let’s see if he can find the other one…” He climbs back down from the ship again, searching the camera-left side of the room first before heading to the right side with 18 seconds left on the clock. “Can he find that cutlass?” Jason searches for a few seconds before finding the cutlass hidden behind the ship itself, then races back around and back up onto the ship. [0:13] He places the cutlass into the remaining empty sheath, but no doors open. “Did something open?” says Kirk. “I think those… cutlasses aren’t in their correct orders, there…” Jason checks the still-closed door to the First Mate’s Secret Passage with just seven seconds remaining, then realizes his mistake and quickly gets back onto the ship to switch out the cutlasses. “FIVE… FOUR… THREE…” Kirk and the audience both count down the final seconds as Jason switches the swords, finally opening the door to the First Mate’s Secret Passage. [0:02!] He gets off the ship and heads toward the open door… but we’re OUT OF TIME!

“Ohhh!” groans Kirk, as the credits begin to flash in blocks of text at the bottom of the screen. “He was just one room away! Ran out of time in Calico Jack’s Ship, aw man… They still get the bikes for trying, though, and I know they had fun. We’re all out of time—we’ll see you next time for more adventure and another great Legend of the Hidden Temple! Buh-bye!” Kirk and Erica wave to the camera and the screen fades to the Stanley Entertainment Group logo, followed by the Nickelodeon Productions Logo as the theme music concludes.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:45:01 PM by The Bamboo Forest »

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 10:45:25 PM »
Artifact Name: The Sacred Scroll of Merlin the Wizard
Result: Ran out of time
Time Remaining: N/A
Pendants Won: 1.5

Diagram:

Summary:

This was an exciting episode. The Rapids started off slow, with the players all getting distracted by the side vines (I’m pretty sure that’s their ONLY job—the same crossing without sans the vines was used in the original show, and was one of the quickest crossings to date) and not simply running across the bridges. Nevertheless, after 35 seconds, the Red Jaguars, Blue Barracudas, Green Monkeys, and Purple Parrots moved on to the next round.

The legend (the THIRD legend in the history of Legends that has mentioned King Arthur, the first two being “The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain” from Season 3 of the original and “The Silver Shield of King Arthur” from Season 2 of Wild Jungle) focused on Merlin the Wizard (gotta love his musical Welsh accent as well :P). I wouldn’t say it was more accurate than interesting, though. Who knew: Merlin apparently invented the Ship-in-a-Bottle. :lol: The Blue Barracudas and the Green Monkeys sailed through a fairly short Steps of Knowledge round and advanced to the Temple Games.

The first Temple Game pitted baseball player Jason for Green and comic book writer John for Blue. The boys had to find diamonds on the slopes of a mountain and place them on King Arthur’s enormous crown. The Blue Barracudas won 3-2, winning the half Pendant of Life. In the second, artist Erica for Green and cheerleader Michelle for Blue smashed through four walls to retrieve swords and sheathe them back at the start. Erica pulled ahead of her opponent in the game, but was unable to beat her, ending in a tie game. In the third Temple Game, the teams met each other as they swung out on trapezes to transfer scrolls containing Merlin’s spells. The Green Monkeys just barely beat the Blue Barracudas at 5-4, taking them to the Temple with 1½ Pendants.

This was a very close Temple Run—one small mistake cost this team a close grab. Erica was fairly fast, starting off in the Oasis and meeting her first Temple Guard in the Eagle’s Nest. She solved the puzzle in the Leopard’s Lair in reasonable time and was taken out in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey with over 90 seconds to go. Jason was speedy, retracing Erica’s steps swiftly and putting together the Silver Monkey fairly quickly. He entered Calico Jack’s Ship, at first placing the cutlasses in the wrong sheaths and costing him. If he had gotten them correct on his first try, he would’ve made it, but sadly, time ran out just as Jason was about to head down into the Sandy Shore.

Trivia and Records
This marks the first time the objective of Calico Jack’s Ship is completed. Also, this episode introduced a new Temple Games track, playing during the team game. It starts off with a very heavy cymbal solo and carries on with a fast, jungle-like beat on the bass drums as simple synthesizer chords are played. It fits in well, to say the least.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »
Oh, go ahead and make things even harder to picture, why don'tcha! :P

But seriously, the details like a new music cue were pretty good, even if it's not as easy to imagine.  The Temple Games themselves and the Temple Run were pretty exciting, though, and I guess the Temple Run just shows that a mistake in almost any room can potentially cost a team.  Pretty well done on the whole, hahah. :D
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!