Author Topic: Hurt and Heal: Legends Episodes  (Read 4938 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Hurt and Heal: Legends Episodes
« Reply #525 on: July 24, 2011, 09:49:25 PM »
Sorry, but I gotta agree with ALF. How is Jarrid a bad player over one bad move, yet Joel is Mr. Fantistico just because he had an rather easy layout? All he had to do was press some actuators and plow through a wall. He assembled the shrine just horribly and wasted a hell of a lot of time. Not to mention, his exit plan cost other players (Ron and Tara) their victories. Had it not been for that, he would have beaten Shaka Zulu's record by a landslide. Jarrid on the other hand, was an amazing player. And so was Jessica for that matter. If you can speed through the entire central shaft in a SEASON 3 temple, and STILL pull off a victory, then you deserve every bit of praise you get. Jarrid just made one bad move, that SHOULD NOT detract from his real progress. The point is, Jarrid had it WAY harder than Joel did.

And I can't believe the hate comments from the Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor. I once again with ALF on everything he said about that run. Just because Missy tried the actuator to Medusa's Lair, and hesitated slightly in the Dark Forest, DOES NOT make her a terrible player. The Blue Barracudas were a great team all day, and their comeback in the third temple game was proof of that. And I loved Missy's emotion and the wild applause after the team won. I can't believe people would hate Missy because of ONE THING she did. Just like I said with Jessica and Jarrid, they deserve and and all credit and praise they get.

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 24, 2011, 09:56:43 PM »
I don't know.  Maybe I'm just a little upset that people don't like The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy.

The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor isn't as bad as I might have said it was, but I still think it's overplayed a little bit.
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 24, 2011, 09:58:51 PM »
As far as the list goes, I sort of wanted Apanugpak to win. But I'm glad Lawrence of Arabia did too, that was a good run.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 24, 2011, 10:25:47 PM »
The top two were a tad disappointing. This was supposed to be based on episodes, not Temple Runs - the only reason why I voted for Apanuugpak was because neither of those episodes were the best all-round and Apanuugpak was the better Temple Run in my eyes (don't get me wrong, Lawrence of Arabia was plenty good too).

Of the top four, I think #3 and #4 should be reversed with #2 and #1, respectively. Missy wasn't the fastest contestant by any means, but the Temple Games were terribly exciting. The Purple Parrots had won the first two games, and were about to win the third (they grabbed the inner tube first) when the Blue Barracudas came back from behind and tied up the scores. The Temple Run was also especially exciting considering that the team only had one Pendant; and seeing as it was a solo run, you can imagine it getting more and more suspenseful as Missy passed through room after room with no Pendant, praying that a Temple Guard wouldn't appear. Moreover, her emotional personality definitely made this a standout victory and a very memorable moment in Legends history.

"The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain" was not the best all-round episode either, but it had its moments ("A musical instrument that does a jig?"). I can't agree with how you were antagonizing Jarrid, PP319, just because he made one wrong turn that didn't affect the outcome of the Temple Run, yet you support Joel from "The Iron Nose Ring of Babe the Ox," who wasted at least ten times more time than Jarrid did with his poor performance in the Shrine and his atrocious exit path. It's not like he had any real objectives beside putting together the Silver Monkey anyway, which was a task badly done. The Hornpipe team completed all three of the hardest objectives in the Season 3 Temple (Tomb, Chamber, and Shrine), proving that they were a strong team and had a well-earned victory.

Anyway, just my two cents. :P Congrats to "Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress" anyway; it was an excellent Temple Run... but that wasn't the point of this game was it? ;)

Um, who said that people were voting for Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress just based on the temple run? The Green Monkeys absolutely dominated that episode, except for the Steps of Knowledge. You gotta love that temple game where the two girls were going through that dragon slide. And the temple run is the cream of the crop of the run also, with an exciting finish to top it off. Let's not forget that this was the first episode of Legends to ever air, which makes it even that much better. I know season one episodes are not that good in quality compared to the later two seasons, but I think this one is an exception.

Also, I feel kind of bad for trying to get rid of Annie Taylor early after rewatching the episode. I have to admit that the Blue Barracudas coming back in the final temple game to tie it up was an exciting moment, coupled with John and Missy's enthusiasm. And the temple run is probably one of the best on the show. Missy was solid throughout the temple, even if the layout was a little easy. But she really did not make any mistakes besides the Medusa's Lair actuator, but that should not be a factor in bringing the run down. You also have to love how John and Kirk are cheering her on while she is in the temple. Of course, her excitement at the end of the run is probably the most memorable temple finish in the show.  :mrgreen:

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 24, 2011, 10:29:14 PM »
See, there's just something that irks me when people use the comeback argument for The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, when the same thing happened in The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy.  And there was Matt's amazing comeback in the Moat, yet it got 78th place.
Legends fan since 2004

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 24, 2011, 10:34:35 PM »
The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor is  MUCH more exciting episode than The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy. The Lucky Pillow had a slightly more "harder" layout than the Silver Horseshoe. Of course Paula knew what to do in every room, all she had to do was hit actuators. That win was handed to her on a golden plate. Missy on the other hand, earned her victory fair and square. Her win was such a nailbiter, what with all of us praying that she didn't run into another temple guard. Paula's was just plain predictable. You could see her victory a mile away. While it is true that Matt lead the team from start to finish, that doesn't make it "OMG SO PERFECT AND GREAT." It takes two to tango, not just one person. I don't mean solo victories, I mean John and Missy working TOGETHER to get all the way to the temple. I know I'm ranted over and over about Silver Horseshoe, but let's face it, she deserved her 67th place spot. And Lucky Pillow deserved one of the top spots. I'm sorry to go on and on and kick the dead horse umpteenth times about Paula, but I'm just being honest.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:35:05 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 24, 2011, 10:37:09 PM »
Sorry ALF for arguing with you. My "troll" comment was unnecessary. "Hornpipe" was a solid win, but I'm just saying that Jarrid should be lucky a guard wasn't hiding in the Password room. Besides that mistake, solid win that's worthy of it's ranking. As for "Nose Ring", I just thought Joel blazed through the bottom level of the temple. Sure, he struggled with the monkey and had a horrible exit strategy (similar to Tara and Ron, but at least Joel made it with plenty of time left), but I'll still consider it a good win. However, I don't think it's better than "Hornpipe".

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 24, 2011, 10:40:17 PM »
Also, I still don't know where the episode I missed in posting the rankings ended up. Can someone help me out there?

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 24, 2011, 10:41:17 PM »
See, there's just something that irks me when people use the comeback argument for The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, when the same thing happened in The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy.  And there was Matt's amazing comeback in the Moat, yet it got 78th place.

At least the Blue Barracudas in Annie Taylor won the final temple game by playing strong in the final temple game and edging out against the Purple Parrots.

The Orange Iguanas in Butch Cassidy on the other hand won the final temple game on a sketchy call. Had Paula been actually called out for falling off the horse, then the Purple Parrots would've won the temple games 2-1.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 24, 2011, 10:43:49 PM »
Granted, the camera work is pretty sloppy in the third temple game of Silver Horseshoe. So it is pretty hard to tell. At least in Lucky Pillow, it was obvious the Blue Barracudas had won. The temple game results were pretty similar, but what was the more exciting run when comparing just those two?

Offline Asian Legends Fan

• Olmec
  • Vittujen kev├Ąt ja kyrpien takatalvi, perkele!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 24, 2011, 10:46:54 PM »
But Paula never fell off the horse. I thought we'd been over this before. Her shadow is clearly visible on the air bag when the clock hit zero, meaning that she wasn't off. She was hanging by a thread, but she didn't fall. "The Silver Horseshoe" was by no means an interesting episode nor did it have an impressive Temple Run; but eliminating it before utterly boring episodes like Belshazzar, Ben Franklin, and Wild Bill Hickok; just to name a few? Come on, it wasn't THAT bad...
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

Favorite Season: Season Two

There's no recess and no rules in the school of life.
Brothers and sisters in metal together will conquer the evil as one.

As I begin this journey through my times
Notes will be spilled under childish rhymes
Of all the things that make me mad
Incomprehensible and iron-clad

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 24, 2011, 10:55:19 PM »
But Paula never fell off the horse. I thought we'd been over this before. Her shadow is clearly visible on the air bag when the clock hit zero, meaning that she wasn't off. She was hanging by a thread, but she didn't fall. "The Silver Horseshoe" was by no means an interesting episode nor did it have an impressive Temple Run; but eliminating it before utterly boring episodes like Belshazzar, Ben Franklin, and Wild Bill Hickok; just to name a few? Come on, it wasn't THAT bad...

Its not like everyone is paying attention to episode rankings during that point of time. Look back at TPP319's list, Butch Cassidy finished around 78. There were pretty much still 2/3 of Legends episodes left at that point. So, it really shouldn't be a surprise to see some episodes that are worst than that episode ahead of it since not everyone was paying attention to some of the episodes on that really big list.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:57:53 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 24, 2011, 10:59:13 PM »
I don't by any means think The Silver Horseshoe was one of the best, but in my eyes, it is far underrated.
Legends fan since 2004

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 24, 2011, 11:00:59 PM »
As far as this goes, are we gonna start another eliminations game? I think it's safe to say we've covered everything.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 24, 2011, 11:02:09 PM »
I think it's safe to say we've covered everything.

Except for the exact rankings. I still don't know what I missed. :?