Author Topic: Wild Jungle EP: The Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison  (Read 415 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Wild Jungle EP: The Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison
« on: March 11, 2011, 08:34:05 PM »
To find more Wild Jungle episodes, click THIS LINK to go to the Official Episode Guide thread!

“Hey, Kirk,” begins a giant stone head, lit by red-orange lights. “Wanna hear a joke?”

“Uh… okay, sure, Olmec,” agrees Kirk, as the camera zooms out to show him sitting on the Temple steps next to Olmec.

“Knock-knock.”

“Who’s there?”

“Me.”

“Me who?”

“You’re Kirk. How could you forget?”

“You know Olmec,” Kirk says in response, rolling his eyes, “I thought that joke was funny the first 346 times you said it, but after that, it gets kind of annoying.”

“Well, maybe,” Olmec says, “but at least it’s a good way to begin LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE: WILD JUNGLE!”

The theme music suddenly begins to play. There is a flash of green lightning, two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s logo, and underneath it the words “Wild Jungle” appear as the Pendant pushes back to allow the rest of the title to appear over it. The background quickly cross-fades to lush greenery as cascading water is heard. The camera then moves towards the right to reveal a channel of bubbling, steamy water, and what appears to be a tropical jungle.

“With your guide, Kirk Fogg!” Olmec then yells. “And here he is now!”

A bamboo gate opens below the audience sections, and Kirk runs out to greet the crowd, crossing a bridge to the other side of the rapidly-moving water. “Thank you very much!” he shouts. “Nice to see you—nice to see you too, Olmec. Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple. The rooms are filled with lost treasures that are protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards. Only Olmec knows the legend behind each of the treasures in his Temple. Which one are we gonna hear about today?”

The lights under Olmec switch on as he replies:
“The Legend of the Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison.”

“Oh, the Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison,” repeats Kirk. “Well, the legend is set, and one of these six teams will have a chance to retrieve the Lost Light Bulb—”

The camera segues back to the doorway that Kirk emerged from moments ago, and the teams come out of it one-by-one as Kirk introduces them.

“Will it be the Red Jaguars?
“The Blue Barracudas?
“The Green Monkeys?
“The Orange Iguanas?
“The Purple Parrots?
“Or the Silver Snakes?”

“They’re gonna have to pass some tough physical and mental tests,” says Kirk, “and in the end, only one team will earn the right to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, they have to cross the Rapids, and Olmec will tell us how they’ll have to do it today.” The camera zooms in on Olmec’s face as a small animated representation of the game appears in the corner of the screen.

Olmec instructs:
“Before you, an unstable bridge stretches across the Rapids, and beside it, two old vines. When Kirk gives the signal, the first player will step onto the bridge and make their way across while holding on to the vines. If you fall into the water, you must return to the riverbank and begin again. Both partners must cross the Rapids the same way, and when both partners are safely on the other side, hit your gong to finish!” The camera rapidly zooms out all the way to the Red Jaguars’ gong, which Kirk slams down on to demonstrate.

“The first four teams to hit their gongs will advance to the next round,” finishes Olmec.

“Hey, teams!” calls Kirk, who is standing on the wooden bridge at the front end of the Rapids. “Are you ready?”

The teams all shout and cheer in response.

“Olmec, are you ready?” Kirk then asks.

“Rock on!” replies Olmec.

“Let’s get started, then,” says Kirk in response. “On your marks, get set… GO!”

All six boys immediately dart forward onto their bridges, with the boy on the Green Monkeys immediately losing his balance on the bridge and falling into the water. “Whoa, you wanna go slow!” exclaims Kirk. “Remember, this isn’t about speed: it’s about patience and balance.” Other players—namely the boys on the Blue Barracudas and Purple Parrots—follow this advice and move across their bridge putting one foot in front of the other instead of having both their feet parallel to each other, moving steadily across the bridge. “Nice job there by the Blue Barracudas,” narrates Kirk. “They’ve got the hang of it. Orange Iguanas, looking good so far—can they make it across in one try?” In less than 15 seconds, the boy on the Blue Barracudas reaches the other side of the Rapids, stepping off the bridge onto the deck just before the boy on the Red Jaguars slips and falls into the Rapids. “Ooh, almost made it!” shouts Kirk as the Red Jaguar boy begins to swim back. The camera segues to the riverbank for a moment to show that Blue, Purple, and Orange all have their first players across, and then pans back toward the Rapids to show the boy on the Silver Snakes heading cautiously to the riverbank, his bridge swaying slightly every step he takes. “All right, good job by the Silver Snakes,” says Kirk.

The girls on the Orange Iguanas and Purple Parrots are now both about halfway across the Rapids at 27 seconds into the round, and as they cross two-thirds of their bridges, all six teams have sent their second players forward. “Oh, Green Monkeys fell in!” shouts Kirk as the girl on the Green Monkeys is tipped into the water. “That gives a chance for the Purple Parrots—” The Purple Parrot girl stumbles slightly, the Orange Iguana girl right behind her… but she falls into the water, allowing the Purple Parrot girl to take the lead, racing onto the deck. “All right! We’ve got our first team!” announces Kirk as the Purple Parrots slam down on their gong together. “Nice job… we’re looking for three more teams!” The camera quickly pans back to the Rapids, showing the girl on the Silver Snakes outstretching her hands for balance instead of holding on to the vines and simply making a dash for it—overtaking the girl on the Red Jaguars, as revealed by the wide shot that is shown—and slamming down on her gong before hugging her partner in celebration. “Nice work by the Silver Snakes!” comments Kirk. “We’ve got room for two more teams—” Kirk is interrupted by the sound of the Blue Barracudas’ gong, as the Blue Barracuda girl quickly steps off her bridge and hits it. “All right, we’re looking for our last team—looks like it might be the Green Monkeys or the Orange Iguanas.” In a side-by-side race, the girls on the Green Monkeys and Orange Iguanas both dash forward without even holding on to their vines, arriving at the riverbank at around the right time. “Oh, who’s it gonna be? It’s… the Green Monkeys!” shouts Kirk as the Green Monkeys gong in just slightly ahead of the Orange Iguanas. “We’ve got our four teams! Stop right there, whoa…”

The camera segues back to Kirk standing on the wooden bridge at the front end of the Rapids. “What a great job out there on the Moat—uh, Rapids,” he says. “Going on to the Steps of Knowledge are the Blue Barracudas—” A shot of each qualifying team is shown as Kirk announces their name “—and the Green Monkeys—and the Purple Parrots—and the Silver Snakes.

“The Red Jaguars and the Orange Iguanas gave it a great effort,” he then says. “They’re not gonna be going away empty-handed. We’ve got a great gift for ‘em, and Olmec will tell us what it is.”

We see a close-up of Olmec’s face, and as he speaks, the prize plug covers the screen:
“You will now be able to tell time by splitting open a Pendant of Life on your new Legends of the Hidden Temple WATCH! A custom-made digital sports watch design from Casio.”

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Re: Wild Jungle EP: The Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:34:28 PM »
The screen transitions to a shot of the four remaining teams atop the Steps of Knowledge as Kirk walks into the frame. “As the quest continues,” he says, “it’s now time for Olmec to tell us about The Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison. But teams—pay attention, because your knowledge of the legend can bring you a step closer to Olmec’s Temple.”

Olmec begins to tell the legend:
“In the late 1800s, electricity didn’t have many uses. There weren’t any televisions or computers, but most importantly, there weren’t any light bulbs. A bright young man named Thomas Edison changed it all. Legend has it, that when he was still a child, his mother was having a horrible illness. But there was an even larger problem.

“‘I’m sorry, sir,’ the doctor said to Thomas’ father. ‘We have to operate, but we simply can’t in these conditions. I can barely see anything in this room.’

“‘Doctor, please, you have to understand! These are all the candles we can afford—’

“‘I’m sorry, sir.’

“Thomas hated to see his mother in such pain, so he came up with an idea to create more light. He placed mirrors around the room to reflect as much light as possible, and the operation was a success. Years later, Thomas invented the filament using the same idea and created the first light bulb, which eventually made its way to the Temple! Your quest is to find the Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison and bring it back here.”

“All right, thank you, Olmec,” says Kirk after a brief silence. “But tell us—where is this Lost Light Bulb?”

“The Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison can be found… in the Bamboo Forest,” declares Olmec. The camera moves along the bottom floor of the Temple until it reaches the Bamboo Forest, before fading to a close-up of the Light Bulb sitting on the room’s front ledge.

“All right,” says Kirk in response. “Teams—you are now standing on the Steps of Knowledge. In a minute, Olmec’s gonna ask you a question. If you think you know the answer, stomp down on the ancient marking in front of you. If you’re right, you’ll move down to the next level, but if you’re wrong or run out of time, I’m gonna have to give the other teams a chance to answer. The first two teams that make it to the bottom level—” Kirk runs down the steps, then walks out of view “—will be one step closer to Olmec’s Temple. Olmec, we’re now ready for your first question…”

Olmec asks: “Was Thomas Edison born in: the 1800s, the 21st Century, or in—”
The Green Monkeys stomp down: “Uh, the 1800s?”
“That is correct,” replies Olmec.
“All right, step down, Green Monkeys,” Kirk says in response, allowing them to move down to the second step. “Next question.”

Olmec asks: “When Thomas Edison was a child, what happened to his mother: did she fall, did she develop an illness, or did she get food poisoning?”
The Blue Barracudas ring in: “She developed a serious illness…?”
“That is correct,” declares Olmec.
“All right, nice job, Blue Barracudas,” comments Kirk as they move down to the second step to join the Green Monkeys. “Next question…”

Olmec asks: “Why was the doctor unable to perform the operation on Thomas’ mother: there were missing tools, there was no light, or there was no music?”
The Silver Snakes buzz in: “Because there was no light?”
“That is correct,” announces Olmec.
“Okay, step on down, Silver Snakes,” says Kirk as the Silver Snakes step down onto the second step. “Next question, Olmec.”

Olmec asks: “How did Thomas Edison create more light: with a—”
The Green Monkeys interrupt: “A filament?”
“That is not one of our three choices,” replies Olmec.
“The three choices are: with more candles, with light bulbs, or with mirrors?”
After a short pause, The Blue Barracudas stomp down: “With mirrors…?”
“That is correct,” says Olmec.
“Whoa, the Blue Barracudas are just one step away from the Temple Games!” narrates Kirk. “One more correct response and they are in. Let’s continue—next question, Olmec.”

Olmec asks: “In a traditional light bulb, what is the name of the part that produces light: an emitter, a light-maker, or a filament?”
The Green Monkeys stomp down: “A filament.”
“That is correct!” replies Olmec.
Now they’ve got it,” says Kirk in response. “This match is heating up. Olmec, next question.”

Olmec asks: “Which of these devices did Thomas Edison also invent: the computer, the record player, or the microwave oven?”
The Green Monkeys ring in again: “The record player…?”
“THAT IS CORRECT!” shouts Olmec.

“All right, we’ve got our first team going to the Temple Games!” announces Kirk as the Green Monkeys jump down onto the bottom step and high-ten. “It’s the Green Monkeys! We’ve still got room for one more team, though. Who’s it gonna be? Let’s find out… Next question, Olmec.”

Olmec asks: “Is the process of light bouncing off a surface called: reflection, refraction, or rainbowaction?”
The Blue Barracudas buzz in: “Reflection!”
“THAT IS CORRECT!” bellows Olmec.

“These two teams are going on to the Temple Games!” shouts Kirk, running over to the bottom step. “They are the Green Monkeys… and the Blue Barracudas!” The audience applauds loudly as both qualifying teams are shown.

“The Silver Snakes and the Purple Parrots came up a little short,” Kirk then says, “but they’re not going away empty-handed. We’ve got a great gift for ‘em and here’s what it is.”

Olmec begins to speak as a prize plug covers the screen:
“You’ve just won a Legends of the Hidden Temple backpack each! Custom-designed and made to fit; never venture anywhere without the wildest backpack in the world! A product… of Jansport.”

The prize plug cuts away to reveal the remaining two teams on the bottom step. “These two teams are gonna be competing for the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple,” shouts Kirk, “and they’re gonna do it… right after this!” The camera cuts away from them and turns around to travel toward the Temple, stopping in front of the Sandy Shore and zooming in on a faded mural painted on the room’s front ledge. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »
When the screen fades back in, we see a shot of the skeleton of a small animal sitting in some bushes next to Olmec, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk and the two teams, standing in front of Olmec.

“Welcome back to Legends,” says Kirk. “Olmec, you told us a knock-knock joke earlier, so here’s one back at ya. Knock-knock.”

“Who’s there?” replies Olmec.

“I don’t know.”

“You’re gonna say ‘I told you I don’t know, aren’t you?” says Olmec in a bored voice.

“Darn it!” groans Kirk. “All right, well… it’s the Temple Games, and the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest, so before we get started, let’s meet our teams.”

Kirk turns to the tall, slightly tanned brunette boy on the Blue Barracudas. “On the Blue Barracudas, we’ve got Lance,” Kirk begins. “Lance, it says here that you’re on the swim team. Tell me about that.”

“Um, I’ve been swimming since I was six,” Lance explains, “and I’ve been on my school’s swim team for three years now.”

“All right,” comments Kirk. “And what’s your best event?”

“Uh… probably the 100 meter freestyle,” says Lance.

“Oh, so we’ve got a fast swimmer here,” remarks Kirk, turning to Lance’s shorter, strawberry-blonde partner with blue eyes. “And over here, we have Noreen. Noreen, it says here that you like softball, but you also want to be an artist. Tell me about that.”

“Well, I paint and I draw… a little,” says Noreen, laughing slightly.

“Okay… and, uh, what’s your favorite thing to paint?” asks Kirk.

“Mm… I guess animals,” she shrugs.

“All right,” says Kirk in response, “let’s hear it for the Blue Barracudas!” The audience applauds briefly for the team before Kirk continues.

“And over here on the Green Monkeys,” he says, turning to a short African-American boy with a buzz cut, “we have Nelson. Nelson, it says here that you like football, but also it says that you want to become a rapper. Tell me about that.”

“Um, I want to be one because… it’s fun to write rhymes,” Nelson explains, “and also because my friends say I talk really fast.” He laughs slightly at his last sentence.

“Okay,” Kirk laughs in response. “Well, I guess that makes sense. And over here, we have Ashlee.” The camera pans over to an equally short girl with short brown hair and dark brown eyes.

“Ashlee,” Kirk continues, “I understand that you play basketball, but also that you like to compose music. Tell me about that—how do you compose?”

“Um, I have this program on my computer,” explains Ashlee, “and I can just… choose the instruments I want and use a keyboard to create the notes.”

“Ah, sounds cool,” comments Kirk. “Are you gonna start a band?”

“Um… maybe,” she says.

“We’ve got a musical team over here, folks!” shouts Kirk. “Let’s hear it for the Green Monkeys!” The audience cheers for the team momentarily as well.

“You guys ready to play?” Kirk then asks. The players shout and cheer in response. “All right, why don’t you all go get ready and I’ll tell you what’s gonna happen.” The players walk off-camera in different directions before Kirk turns to face the camera and continues.

“In the Temple Games,” he explains, “teams are competing to win Pendants of Life…” Kirk grabs a Pendant out of his pouch and holds it up to the camera. “The winning team will need those Pendants to protect themselves from the dreaded Temple Guards, as they make their way through the Temple. There are three Temple Games, and Olmec will tell us about Temple Game #1.”

The lights beneath Olmec turn on as he begins:
“While Thomas Edison used candles for light, light bulbs today are run by electricity. Today, you will be generating your own electricity. When Kirk gives the signal, climb up onto the generator and shift your weight to make it spin. Each revolution the wheel makes clockwise represents a light bulb powered. The team to supply power to the most light bulbs at the end of 60 seconds wins.”

“Making electricity the old-fashioned way,” remarks Kirk. “Let’s put 60 seconds on the clock!”

A countdown timer with Olmec’s face on the side of it lands in the bottom-right corner of the screen. “On your marks,” begins Kirk, “get set… GO!”

Noreen and Ashlee immediately climb up onto their wheels and both begin spinning them. “All right, this game is about balance,” explains Kirk. “They have to just stay in one position—OH!” [0:53] Ashlee, simply trying to run up the wheel, slips and falls off quickly, while Noreen stays in a position just slightly above and to the right of the wheel’s center, scoring her first point with 50 seconds remaining. “Blue Barracudas seem to have the technique,” narrates Kirk, as Noreen makes a second full revolution while Ashlee is only nearing her first. “But the Green Monkeys are catching up!” [0:42] Ashlee has fallen on her knees, scrambling to try and stand up but still keep her balance, allowing Noreen to pull ahead, bringing the score to 3-1 with 39 seconds on the clock. “Oh, Green Monkeys hanging off a thread!” shouts Kirk as Ashlee slides down to the bottom of the wheel, just barely avoiding a complete fall. [0:33] “Can she stay on? NO!” Ashlee falls a second time right as she makes a second revolution, while Noreen makes her fifth with 26 seconds to go.

“Blue Barracudas still going strong,” comments Kirk as Noreen brings the score to 6-3. [0:18] Ashlee finally is able to pick up speed and turn the wheel quickly, making her fourth full spin as the clock hits 14 seconds, but Noreen is far ahead with seven points at that point. “It’s gonna come down to the wire!” shouts Kirk as the audience begins chanting the final seconds out loud. [0:10] Noreen brings the score to 8-4 with eight seconds left, prompting Ashlee to desperately claw at the wheel, but she missteps and ultimately loses her balance right as her wheel is about to make a fifth full spin, and time runs out shortly after.

“All right, come on down, let’s check it out…” says Kirk, running over to the airbags placed below the wheels. “Come on down here, Ashlee… you too, Noreen… let’s check out the scores.” The camera zooms in on the scorecards near the top of the wheels as Kirk announces the scores.

“The Blue Barracudas powered eight light bulbs,” Kirk says, “and the Green Monkeys only managed to powered—uh, power four, so the Blue Barracudas get the half Pendant of Life!” He gives Noreen a high-five as the audience cheers briefly and a small scoreboard appears in the corner, with a half-Pendant under Blue and an empty space below Green.

“The Green Monkeys can catch up in the next Temple Game,” reminds Kirk. “It’s also worth a half-Pendant—this could tie things up. Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #2.”

The camera cuts back to Olmec as he explains:
“One of Thomas Edison’s greatest contributions to technology was his inventing of the light bulb. But when a light bulb burns out, it has to be changed. Today, you must change a light bulb at the peak of a large mountain. You are standing before two large cliffs leading to the mountain’s summit. When Kirk gives the signal, climb the cliffs in front of you. When you reach the top, switch the light bulb in the holder with the one next to it. The first player to reach the top of the mountain and change the light bulb… wins.”

“What a tough mountain to climb,” comments Kirk. “Let’s get our players in position, here… right behind this line… okay. On your marks, get set… GO!”

On Kirk’s signal, the boys sprint forward toward the Cliffs, trying to find handholds and footholds to begin with. “It’s gonna be a tough race all the way to the top,” shouts Kirk, as both Lance and Nelson have a little trouble starting off. “The Blue Barracudas seem to have a slight lead, though.” At 10 seconds into the round, both boys are fairly even, only at about a third of the way up the first cliff. “These are two tenacious teams,” remarks Kirk, watching Lance overtake Nelson slightly, finding a path of consecutive handholds and footholds placed in an almost stacked pattern. “Whoa, nice job by the Blue Barracudas! The Green Monkeys are gonna have to catch up…” he shouts as Lance grabs onto the ledge halfway up the mountain and pulls himself over onto it about 35 seconds into the game.

“Here come the mighty Green Monkeys,” narrates Kirk as Nelson pulls himself over the ledge, scrambling toward the next cliff, which Lance is already climbing up at full speed. “It’s gonna be close!” shouts Kirk. At 50 seconds into the game, Lance reaches the halfway point of the second cliff, while Nelson is only at the one-third point. “Who will be able to change the light bulb first?” Lance finally pulls himself over the top ledge at roughly 65 seconds into the round, and unscrews the broken light bulb out of the holder. Nelson also pulls himself over, but he is too late, as Lance screws the new light bulb in place and it lights up to indicate that the game is over after 75 seconds.

“All right, stop right there!” yells Kirk. “Stop right there… you can stop, Green Monkeys! Oh, dear, I think he doesn’t know the game is over…” He trails off laughing for a few seconds until Nelson finally turns around.

“Okay... well, the Blue Barracudas made it all the way to the top,” Kirk says, “changed the light bulb… that gives them another half Pendant of Life!” The audience cheers as the scoreboard appears in the corner, with a full Pendant under Blue and nothing under Green.

“So the Blue Barracudas have a full Pendant,” Kirk recounts, “and the Green Monkeys are still looking to score, but they might in the next game—it’s worth a full Pendant. Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #3.”

We see a close-up of Olmec as he speaks:
“To reflect the light around the room, Thomas Edison shifted mirrors into different positions. Today, you will be doing the same, though not in the same way that Thomas Edison did. One of you is suspended in a sack, and before you are three mirrors. When Kirk gives the signal, swing your partner at one of the mirrors and knock it down into position without crossing the line in front of you. The first team to knock down all three mirrors—or the team that’s further along at the end of 60 seconds—wins.”

“That’s certainly not the way Thomas Edison shifted mirrors,” says Kirk as he backs away from the game site. “All right, well, we’ll see about that. Let’s put 60 seconds on the clock!”

The clock slams down into the corner of the screen. “On your marks,” begins Kirk, “get set… GO!”

The male players on both teams pull their partners’ sacks back before pushing them forward for a good swing. “Blue Barracudas off to a good start,” comments Kirk, “so are the Green Monkeys. Both teams seem to have the momentum here—now can they knock down some mirrors?” The Green Monkeys are first to score, knocking down their center mirror with 52 seconds remaining, while the Blue Barracudas miss on their first and second tries. “Whoa, Green Monkeys got one mirror down!” shouts Kirk. “They need this game, remember.” [0:46] The Blue Barracudas finally score, knocking down their center mirror, but the Green Monkeys knock down their second mirror with 42 seconds to go. “One more and the Green Monkeys got it,” narrates Kirk. As the Blue Barracudas’ sack swings back in, Lance pushes Noreen forward, knocking down their second mirror with 37 seconds left on the clock, while the Green Monkeys are still trying to knock over their final statue. “Oh, it’s two-to-two now,” says Kirk. “Whoever scores next wins this game.”

[0:32] Both teams miss again—the Blue Barracudas by a large distance—but both make quick recoveries, trying to aim properly. “OH!” groans Kirk as the Green Monkeys just miss knocking their mirror down by a few inches. “It’s gonna be close...” shouts Kirk as the Blue Barracudas swing out almost perfectly toward their final mirror. “Can they do it?... YES!” Kirk exclaims as the Blue Barracudas knock down their third mirror with 24 seconds remaining on the clock.

“That’s it!” says Kirk, the clock disappearing from the screen. “Stop the… swinging sacks, all right…” Kirk runs over to the two teams, standing between the two sacks.

“It was close, but the Blue Barracudas knocked down all three mirrors the first,” announces Kirk, “so that gives them the full Pendant of Life. That gives them two—the Green Monkeys didn’t have any—the Blue Barracudas are goin’ to the Temple!” Lance and Noreen both celebrate, cheering and whooping as the scoreboard comes up in the corner again—reading 2-0 Blue and the Blue side’s border flashing a bright yellow.

“The Green Monkeys gave it a valiant effort,” consoles Kirk, walking over to them. “They’re not going away empty-handed, though. We’ve got a great gift for ‘em, and Olmec’s gonna tell us what it is.”

Olmec announces the prize as a picture of it appears onscreen:
“You will be going home with this skateboard from Vans! Fully customizable colors and unique design for every single skateboard—but don’t forget your helmet when you ride.”

The prize plug cuts away to reveal Kirk standing next to a smiling Noreen—who is still in her sack—and Lance. “Now we’ll see if these mighty Blue Barracudas can make it through Olmec’s Temple,” he shouts, “retrieve the Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison… right after this!” The camera cuts away from Kirk and heads toward the Temple rapidly, stopping in front of the Ghostly Gulch and zooming in on some eerie blue lighting in the back of the room. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 08:35:29 PM »
When the screen fades back in, we see the camera focused on one of the puzzle pieces on the floor of the Leopard’s Lair, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk and the Blue Barracudas standing at the base of the Temple steps.

“Welcome back to Legends!” says Kirk. “Lance and Noreen have proven themselves worthy and now have earned the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, Olmec’s gonna give them some information on how to retrieve The Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison.”

The lights underneath Olmec turn on as he explains:
“You might begin by running up the stairs to the Oasis.” A computer animation of the Temple now appears onscreen to illustrate each room’s objective. “Push in the correct tree, and fly across the water on the Seagull Swing! You could race up to the Eagle’s Nest, and smash the correct egg to find the key, which will lead you… into the Boneyard. Hang the bones in the right pattern, and pass into the Leopard’s Lair. Place the pieces hide to complete the pattern, and open the door to the SHRIIIIIINE… of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the statue, and you may be headed for Calico Jack’s Ship. Place the cutlasses in their correct sheaths, and open the door to the First Mate’s… Secret Passage.

“Slide down the tunnel to the Sandy Shore, where you could smash through the wall to the Orangutan’s Refuge! Find the key from the orangutan’s hands and open the door… to the Bamboo Forest. If you escape, you might have a chance to enter the Ghostly Gorge. Pull down the correct bat from the branch, and crawl back through the Secret Spring.

“Then, climb… through the Quartzite Canyon, race down the stairs… and back to the Temple Gate. The choices are yours and yours alone!” The animation fades back to a far shot of Kirk and the Blue Barracudas standing before Olmec.

“You won two Pendants in the Temple Games,” Olmec then says. “Who’s going first?”

“I am!” calls Noreen.

“Very WELL, Noreen!” replies Olmec. “When Kirk gives the signal, you’ll race through the gates into the Temple and make your way toward the Lost Light Bulb. Protecting three specific rooms of the Temple are the Temple Guards. If you are caught, you may trade your Pendant for an extra life and go on… but if you’re caught without a Pendant, you’ll be taken out of the Temple, and it will be Lance’s turn to enter and try his luck. When you grab the Light Bulb, all of the doors of the Temple will instantly open and the Temple Guards will vanish. Return through the gates with the Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison in three minutes, and you will be handsomely rewarded with these prizes!”

Olmec then reads the prizes as prize plugs cover the screen one after another:
•   For just entering my Temple, you will both receive a Pulse Kick N’ Go. This electric scooter uses a unique self-propulsion pedal to keep your balance while riding.
•   If you can grab the Light Bulb before three minutes is up, you will also receive a high-quality stereo system from… Sony. With AM/FM radio, a CD player, and a dock for your iPod or iPhone.
•   If you can bring the Light Bulb out of my Temple in less than three minutes, you will both be embarking on a trip on Nickelodeon at sea. Enjoy pools, volleyball and basketball courts, and maybe even catch some Nickelodeon celebrities all aboard the Norwegian Epic. From Norwegian Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean.

The audience cheers briefly as the camera fades back to Kirk and the Purple Parrots standing before the Temple steps.

“I know the Blue Barracudas want that cruise,” remarks Kirk. “So let’s get in position—put your mouthpieces in… Let’s put three minutes on the clock!”

The clock—now set at 3:00—slams down into the corner of the screen. “Olmec,” continues Kirk, “lower your gate.” The gate beside Olmec lowers as he lets out a low growl, and the lights below him switch off.

“On your mark,” he then says, “get set… GO!”

“There goes Noreen, up into the Temple,” begins Kirk as Noreen jogs up the Temple steps. “She’s got a Pendant, Lance has a Pendant… and this is a tough team!” Noreen heads up into the Oasis, but before she can even touch a tree, the door in the back of the room slides open to reveal the first TEMPLE GUARD!

“Whoa, Temple Guard!” exclaims Kirk. Noreen shrieks and jumps back in surprise, confused. [2:48] “You gotta give him the Pendant so that he can leave,” instructs Kirk. “Give him your Pendant!” Noreen hesitantly hands over her Pendant of Life, then pushes in the trunk of the rightmost tree, followed by the tree to the right of the Temple Guard door. As she pushes it in, the door to the Seagull Swing slams open with 2:40 on the clock. “All right, she’s heading into the Seagull Swing,” narrates Kirk. “She’s gonna just grab the rope and swing across, now…” Noreen reaches out to grab the rope, swings across the net, and then lands on the opposite ledge. “Try those doors…” [2:32] She hits the actuators of the doors to the Eagle’s Nest and the Boneyard, but they both remain locked. “Try going down,” advises Kirk before Noreen jumps down into the Secret Spring below with 2:26 remaining. She wades toward the door to the Ghostly Gorge, hits the actuator next to it, and then finally slides down through the doorway into the crawl space. “All right, now she’s in the Ghostly Gorge,” commentates Kirk. “She has to pull down those bats from the branch and see which one’ll open the door.” Noreen reaches up and begins pulling down bats from the branch overhead, moving from camera-right to camera-left. [2:19] “No, no, no,” Kirk says as Noreen pulls down the bats, “no, YES!” The flap covering the doorway upward falls down with 2:12 remaining, but Noreen does not notice this and keeps pulling down bats. “Something opened!” shouts Kirk. “The door above you opened! You gotta keep moving forward… go up…”

[2:06] Noreen finally discovers the open door above her and jogs around the room, heading to the back of the room to climb up the ladder. “Okay, she’s heading up now… into the Boneyard…” Kirk continues as Noreen climbs up the ladder, finally reaching the room with 1:57 remaining. Noreen grabs a bone from the ground—which appears to be the shortest bone—and then appears to be confused. “You gotta hang that bone up!” shouts Kirk. “Hang it up in the right order!” Noreen places the bone on the leftmost hook. [1:50] “Okay, that’s one, now just get the other ones,” says Kirk. “Shortest to longest from right to left is how it goes.” Noreen pulls out a second bone from the ground (the longest bone) and hangs it on the center hook, then pulls out the last bone and hangs it on the right hook. “That’s still not right…” Kirk declares with 1:42 on the clock. “Gotta switch some bones there…” Noreen looks for exits momentarily before hearing Kirk’s shouting and switching the center and right bones. The door in the back of the room slides up and open, but reveals a second TEMPLE GUARD that captures Noreen with 1:33 remaining!

“Oh, Temple Guard got her!” shouts Kirk. “It’s time for Lance now!” Lance immediately takes off, racing up the steps of the Temple and heading straight for the Oasis. “He’s still got plenty of time left, but he’s got to move if he wants to get to that Lost Light Bulb…” Lance rushes through the Oasis, reaching the ledge of the Seagull Swing with 1:18 left on the clock and jumps down into the Secret Spring without hesitation. “Nice move!” comments Kirk as Lance pushes his way into the Ghostly Gorge, sliding down headfirst. “This guy’s tough—he won the 100 meter freestyle, folks,” reminds Kirk as Lance begins to climb the ladder upward. [1:03] Lance climbs all the way up the ladder, entering the Boneyard with 55 seconds remaining, and then heads to the back of the room and begins climbing the ladder up to the Eagle’s Nest. “All the way up to the top of the Temple,” narrates Kirk. “He’s gonna have to smash those eggs and find the key in that Eagle Room.” Lance emerges into the Eagle’s Nest with 46 seconds on the clock and immediately grabs an egg out of the nest to smash it on the ground—but there is no key among the shattered remains of it. He grabs a second egg and throws it to the ground and then a third, finally revealing a red object in the shells. “All right, now he’s just got to find the right pedestal to lower the stone slab…” [0:39] Lance sticks the key in the leftmost pedestal first, and then the center, which prompts the stone slab blocking access to the stairwell on the left to lower. “Okay, the door’s open—now he’s gonna head into the Leopard’s Lair!” Kirk then says.

[0:33] Lance heads down the stairway, cautiously stepping into the Leopard’s Lair with 28 seconds remaining. But before he can even grab a puzzle piece, a panel in the center column of the puzzle on the back wall swivels around to reveal the third TEMPLE GUARD! “Temple Guard!” shouts Kirk. “Give ‘im the Pendant!” Lance hands over his Pendant, allowing the Temple Guard to turn the panel back around and disappear and Lance to grab a puzzle piece from the ground. [0:21] “Find the opening where… find where the piece goes,” advises Kirk. Lance thinks for a second, then places the puzzle piece in the center hole of the first row. “That’s one,” Kirk announces as Lance grabs a second puzzle piece with 16 seconds left. “You wanna make sure that the spots on the sides match up with the next piece—that’s the key.” Lance places the second puzzle piece first in the rightmost hole of the second row, then changes his mind and places it in the center hole of the bottom row. “Nice switch, there,” comments Kirk. “Gotta hurry up, Lance!” [0:11] As the audience begins to chant out the final seconds, Lance picks up the third puzzle piece from the ground and hurriedly places it in the final empty hole—the rightmost hole of the second row. The door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey finally bangs open, but as Lance heads toward the doorway, the clock explodes and TIME IS UP!

“Oh, they’re out of time!” laments Kirk, as the credits begin to flash in blocks of text at the bottom of the screen. “They didn’t reach the Light Bulb in time. But that’s all right—they still get the... uh, electric scooters for playing, and they had a great time. We’ve gotta go—we’ll see you next time for another great Legend of the Hidden Temple! Buh-bye!” Kirk and Noreen wave to the camera and the screen fades to the Stanley Entertainment Group logo, followed by the Nickelodeon Productions Logo as the theme music concludes.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 08:36:38 PM »
Artifact Name: The Lost Light Bulb of Thomas Edison
Result: Ran out of time
Time Remaining: N/A
Pendants Won: 2

Diagram:

Summary:

Fairly filler with a disappointing Temple Run. To cross the Rapids, players needed to walk across an unstable bridge that would tip into the water if it was unbalanced, similar to a design used in Season 3 in the original show. The only difference is that these players had two vines to assist them. Still, it took almost a minute. The Blue Barracudas, Green Monkeys, Purple Parrots, and Silver Snakes advanced to the next round. The legend was about Thomas Edison and the events that led him to inventing the light bulb. After a fairly short Steps of Knowledge round, the Blue Barracudas and the Green Monkeys made it to the bottom step first.

After Kirk tried to get back at Olmec (which he didn’t manage to do, hilariously :lol:), the seemingly mediocre Temple Games began. In the first Temple Game, the girls had to climb onto the famous giant Olmec wheels to generate power for light bulbs. The Blue Barracudas won, giving them the half Pendant. In the second game, the boys raced up the Cliffs of the still-unnamed mountain to change a light bulb at the top. The Blue Barracudas won again. In the third Temple Game, the teams needed to work together to knock three mirrors into place using a sack. The Blue Barracudas won for a 2-0 shutout and advanced to the Temple.

The Blue Barracudas seemed like a fairly strong team in the Temple Games, but I guess their act completely fell apart there. Noreen was a rather slow frontrunner. She began in the Oasis but was quickly forced down to the Ghostly Gorge, and from there, up to the Boneyard, where Noreen had a lot of trouble. She was promptly taken out by a Temple Guard hiding behind the door to the Eagle’s Nest. Lance (who was apparently a swimmer, revealed by Kirk even though the player interviews were cut from the episode) wasn’t much faster, but thankfully he wasn’t slower. I’m almost positive that the door to the Leopard’s Lair opened from the Boneyard, but Lance headed up to the Eagle’s Nest instead. Time ran out shortly after Lance completed the Leopard’s Lair objective.

As a side note, I’m glad they cut Olmec’s “… all to be won if you can prove yourselves to be Legends of the Hidden Temple!” line. I could tell they were really trying to work the show’s title into it more often and all, but it was weird and seemed more than just out-of-place.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 11:17:54 PM »
Not bad at all. The recurring knock-knock joke thing was funny as hell, and the Temple Games were quite exciting to read. The run was a little slower of a read, but it was still good.

All in all, not bad, and I honestly didn't mind the "prove yourselves Legends of the Hidden Temple" line. It may have been corny, but so is 99% of the stuff on the show in the first place. Eh, whatever floats your boat... :)

Excellent work!
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 04:41:05 PM »
Yeah, I felt the same way about the "Legends..." line.  Hell, why didn't I think of that for the winners of The Rediscovery's Tournament of Champions? :lol:

I thought the legend was actually fairly creative, though, and more than I would expect considering the artifact itself didn't seem like as much of a stretch.  The Temple Games were exactly as you described, IMO, but the Temple Run wasn't that bad even though I actually felt a little frustrated by Noreen's slowness.  I also loved the extra Kirk-and-Olmec banter, though, and if that progresses into more of a halftime show, I'm all for it. :D
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!