Author Topic: Legends: Rebirth-The Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship  (Read 543 times)

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
Legends: Rebirth-The Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:38:03 PM »
Episode 56: The Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship

The camera winds and twists its way through a thick jungle of strange and exotic plants.  After a few wrong turns, it finally stops in front of an ancient Mayan temple.  At the base of the temple, a giant stone head sits.  Suddenly, a torch on either side of the head begins burning.  The head’s eyes light up, and it begins to speak:

Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth!”  These words appear on the screen.  “With your guide, Kirk Fogg!  And here he is now!”

A middle-aged man wearing a denim shirt and blue jeans rides in on an ATV.  He dismounts the vehicle and runs up the Steps of Knowledge, microphone in hand.

“Thank you!  Thank you very much!  Nice to see everyone!  Nice to see you, Olmec!  Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth.  The rooms are filled with lost treasures protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards.  Only Olmec knows the legends behind each of these all-new treasures in his temple…which one are we gonna hear about today?”

“The legend of the Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship,” Olmec replies.

“Oh, the Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship,” Kirk repeats.  “Well, one of these six teams will have a chance to retrieve the Figurehead—will it be:

“The Red Jaguars?”  The camera zooms in on each team as they are introduced.
“The Blue Barracudas?
“The Green Monkeys?
“The Orange Iguanas?
“The Purple Parrots?
“Or the Silver Snakes?

“They’ll have to pass some tough physical and mental tests, but in the end, only one team will have the right to enter Olmec’s Temple.  But first, they’ll have to cross the Moat, and Olmec will tell us how they’ll have to do that today…”

Olmec begins to explain the Moat Crossing:
“Before you, several rock formations stick out from the Moat.  Closer to you float the remains of an ancient raft.  When Kirk gives the signal, one player from each team will jump into the water and balance the raft, and the other player will step onto the raft itself.  Then, kick your way across the Moat, avoiding the rocks along the way.  If you hit a rock formation, or the second player falls or touches their partner, you must both go back and begin again.  Once you reach the other side, step off the raft, help your partner out of the water, run over and hit the gong.”  Kirk hits the Silver Snakes’ gong to demonstrate.  “The first four teams to hit their gongs will go on to the next round!”

“Okay, let’s get started,” Kirk says.  “Hey teams—are you ready?”
All the teams scream and cheer in response.
“Olmec, are you ready?” asks Kirk.
“You better believe it,” Olmec replies.
“Okay,” Kirk says.  “On your mark, get set, GO!”

The boys jump into the water to grab their foam rafts as their female partners step onto the backs of the rafts.  The boys then start kicking across the Moat, but almost immediately the Purple Parrots’ girl and Blue Barracudas’ girl fall in the water.  “Whoa, they’re down,” remarks Kirk.  “It’s tough to keep your balance with all that kicking!”  The other four teams each make it to the boulder and the boys all start maneuvering their way around it as the girls struggle to stay balanced on the rafts.  Meanwhile, the Blue Barracudas and Purple Parrots have restarted, and they appear to be making good progress until the Blue Barracudas’ girl can’t keep her balance while her partner swerves around the boulder, and she hits the drink for a second time.  The Purple Parrots make it around the boulder as the other four teams near the rock arch.  The girls all duck down to avoid hitting the arch, but the Orange Iguanas’ girl loses her balance upon doing so and falls, hitting the arch in the process.  “Whoa, nasty landing there!” says Kirk.  “I think she’s alright, though!”  As the Orange Iguanas trudge back to begin again, the Blue Barracudas finally make it around their boulder, but by this time, the other four teams are nearing the other side, and they hit their gongs in the order of Silver Snakes, Green Monkeys, Red Jaguars, and Purple Parrots within about a seven-second time span.

“Whoa, that’s it!” says Kirk as he runs over to stand beside the Silver Snakes.  “They got—we’ve got four teams!  Silver Snakes didn’t have any problems at all; first ones across, and goin’ on to the Steps of Knowledge are the Silver Snakes…along with the Purple Parrots…” Kirk briefly pauses between each team’s name to allow for applause.  “…and the Green Monkeys…and the Red Jaguars!  The Blue Barracudas and the Green…uh, Orange Iguanas gave it a great effort, and they’re not going home empty-handed.  We’ve got a great gift for ‘em, and here’s what it is!”  They receive a $50 gift certificate from GameStop.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legends: Rebirth-The Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 10:40:08 PM »
Kirk and the remaining four teams are now standing atop the Steps of Knowledge.  “As the quest continues, it’s now time for Olmec to tell us about the Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship.  But teams, pay attention, because your knowledge of this legend could bring you a step closer to Olmec’s Temple…”

Olmec begins to tell the story:
“One of the bravest explorers in history was the Viking sailor Thorfinn Karlsefni.  In 1010, he set out from Iceland with 160 others to explore and colonize the newly discovered area of Vinland in what is now eastern Canada—but it wasn’t easy.  They had to brave strong ocean currents and food shortages on their way.  When they landed on the coast of Newfoundland, many of the people on the voyage thought that they had already reached Vinland.
“‘This must be Vinland, eh?’ asked one man as he stepped off the ship and onto the shore.
“‘But look at all these trees, eh?’ said another.  ‘I thought Vinland had a load o’ vines in it, eh?’
“Just then, Thorfinn stepped off the ship.
“‘This is not Vinland,’ he said.  ‘We are in the wooded area of Markland.’
“‘Why’s it called Markland, eh?’ asked a man.
“Legend has it that Thorfinn took an axe and chopped the figurehead off the front of one of their ships.  He then made a notch in the figurehead, and stuck it in the sand.
“‘Because I just marked it, that’s why.’”
A “wah-wah-wah” sound effect is now heard.
“The men ventured on, and left behind the notched lion-shaped figurehead stuck in the sand.  The Vikings eventually found Vinland and set up the first settlement in North America.  As for the figurehead, a wave washed it into the sea, and it eventually found its way to the Temple.  Your quest is to find the Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship and bring it back here.”

“Thank you, Olmec,” says Kirk.  “But tell us, where is the Wooden Figurehead?”

“The Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship can be found in the Geographer’s Study,” Olmec replies.  The camera zooms in on a wooden sculpture in the shape of a lion’s head hanging off the guardrail of the room before fading back to Kirk.

“All right,” replies Kirk.  “Teams, you’re now standing on the Steps of Knowledge.  In a minute, Olmec’s gonna ask you a question.  If you know the answer, stomp down on that ancient marking in front of you.  If you’re right you can move down to the next level, but if you’re wrong or run out of time, I’ll give your—give the other teams a chance to answer.”  Kirk begins descending the steps.  “The first two teams to make it to the bottom level will be one step closer to Olmec’s Temple.  Olmec…we’re ready for your first question.”

Olmec begins:
“Was Thorfinn Karlsefni from: Iceland, Norway, or Finland?”
The Red Jaguars ring in.  “Iceland?”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies.  The Red Jaguars descend one step.
“Red Jaguars are first to step down,” says Kirk.  “Next question, Olmec.”

“Did Thorfinn explore and colonize: Candy Land, Vinland, or Greenland?”
The Silver Snakes ring in.  “Vine Land?”
“That is correct,” Olmec assures them.  The Silver Snakes descend to the second step.
“Silver Snakes step down now,” says Kirk.  “Next question.”

“Is Vinland located in: the United States, Canada, or—”
The Green Monkeys ring in prematurely.  “Canada…?”
“That…is correct,” Olmec says.  The Green Monkeys join the Red Jaguars and the Silver Snakes on the second step.
“Green Monkeys step down now,” says Kirk.  “We have a three-way tie right now, but that can change quickly…next question.”

“Was Vinland called ‘Vinland’ because: it was made of vinyl, it had many vines growing in it, or—”
The Silver Snakes ring in.  “It, uh…had a lot ‘a vines growin’ in it?”
“That is correct,” Olmec assures.  The Silver Snakes proceed to the penultimate step.
“Silver Snakes are just one step away from the Temple Games,” Kirk observes.  “But remember, we need two teams…next question.”

“What Viking explorer gave Vinland its name: Leif Eriksson, Ulf Hendrickson, or Erik the Red?”
The Silver Snakes ring in.  “Erik the Red?”
“Incorrect,” Olmec replies.
The Red Jaguars ring in.  “Leif Eriksson?”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies.  The Red Jaguars also step to the next-to-last step.
“Red Jaguars are one step away as well,” says Kirk.  “Still time for the other teams, though…next question.”

“According to our legend, was the name of the place that Thorfinn’s men landed called: Woodland, Markland, or Forestland?”
The Green Monkeys ring in.  “Markland!”
“That is correct,” says Olmec.  The Green Monkeys step to the next-to-last level.
“Green Monkeys are just a step away now,” says Kirk.  “Like I said, anything could happen…next question.”

“Did Thorfinn’s men build: the first house in North America, the first settlement in North America, or the first hotel in Nor—”
The Green Monkeys ring in as the third answer is being given.  “Uh, settlement…the first settlement…in North America?”
“That…is correct,” Olmec replies.  The Green Monkeys leap to the bottom and high-five each other.
“The Green Monkeys are our first team for the Temple Games,” Kirk remarks.  “We need one more team, though…next question.”

“Were Vikings primarily: farmers, hunters, or lawyers?”
The Silver Snakes ring in.  “Hunters?”
“That is correct!” Olmec replies.  The Silver Snakes join the Green Monkeys on the bottom step.

“We have our two teams!” says Kirk as he rushes over and stands between them.  “They are the Green Monkeys, and the Silver Snakes!  Red Jaguars and Purple Parrots, come down here.  You guys did great, too—we’ve got a great gift for you, and here’s what it is!”  They receive Epic Mickey for the Nintendo Wii.

Kirk is seen standing between the two teams.  “These two teams will play for the right to enter the Temple, and they’ll do it right after this!”

The camera flies over Kirk and zooms in on a group of plastic plants “growing” in the Moat before the title appears onscreen, and we go to a commercial.

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:43:14 PM »
We return from the break to find Kirk standing in front of the Temple with the two remaining teams.

“Welcome back to Legends: Rebirth,” he says.  “Now, the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest, but first, let’s meet our two teams…”

Kirk turns to the Green Monkeys first, who are made up of a tall black-haired girl with blue eyes and a pierced nose and an equally tall boy with bushy brown hair and light green eyes.
“On the Green Monkeys, we have Leann.  How old are you?”
“Thirteen,” she replies.
“And it says here you like to skateboard…tell me about that.”
“Well, I started when I was about nine, and…I liked it, so I just kept doing it, and I’ve gotten pretty good at it,” says Leann.
“Can you do any tricks?” asks Kirk.
“A few,” she replies.
“Okay, neat,” says Kirk as he turns to Leann’s partner.  “And here’s your partner, Jason.  How old are you, Jason?”
“Thirteen,” he says.
“And here it says you like to play baseball and basketball…which one do you like best?”
“Um…I probably like basketball best,” says Jason.  “I have less chance of getting hurt,” he adds laughing.
“Ha, ha…okay, well I hope you don’t get hurt too badly in these Temple Games,” says Kirk.  “Let’s hear it for the Green Monkeys!”  Leann and Jason applaud along with the audience.

Kirk now turns to the Silver Snakes, who are made up of an average-height Asian girl with brown eyes and long black hair tied back into a ponytail and a slightly taller black boy with deep brown eyes and black braided hair.
“On the Silver Snakes now, we have Lana.  How old are you, Lana?”
“Twelve,” she replies.
“And I—it says here you like to play softball, but you also like to cook…what kind of stuff do you cook?”
“Uh, I like to cook, like, Italian dishes,” she says.  “My family’s Asian-Italian, so…I’ve learned a lot about both styles of food.”
“Ah, neat,” says Kirk as he turns to her partner.  “And your partner here is Kofi.  How old are you, Kofi?”
“Thirteen,” he says with a distinct Rastafarian accent.
“And it says here on your card that you’re from Africa…where, specifically?”
“I’m from Ghana,” says Kofi.  “It’s in, ah…west Africa, pretty close to Nigeria.”
“And what do you like to do over there?” asks Kirk.
“I like ta' run track,” says Kofi.  “I also like ta' play basketball wit' my friends,” he adds.
“Sounds like a pretty athletic guy,” says Kirk.  “Hope he puts it to good use in these Temple Games—let’s hear it for the Silver Snakes!”  Kofi and Lana applaud along with the audience.

“All right, are you ready?” Kirk asks the teams.

“Yeah!” they reply.

“Okay, go get ready for the Temple Games,” says Kirk.  “Now, in the Temple Games, our teams are competing for…”  Kirk retrieves a Pendant of Life from his pouch and holds it up to the camera.  “…Pendants of Life.  The winning team will need the Pendants to protect them from the dreaded Temple Guards in Olmec’s Temple.  There are three Temple Games—Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #1…”

The black lights under Olmec come on as he begins to explain the first Game:
“Vinland was named by the famed Viking explorer Leif Eriksson, who called it thus because of the many vines growing in it.  In this game, you’ll have to maneuver through these vines.  When Kirk gives the signal, place your sword behind your head, and without taking your hands off it, maneuver your way through the patch of vines before you.  The first person to exit the maze of vines, or…the player that’s further along at the end of thirty seconds…wins.”

“Okay, time to take a walk through the vines,” says Kirk.  “Let’s set the clock for thirty seconds!”  The clock slams down in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.  “Hands on your sword…on your mark, get set, GO!”
Lana and Leann put their swords behind their heads and begin walking through the maze of bamboo-like poles.  Lana takes a slight lead early on, but both girls soon come to a tricky V-shaped formation.  Lana figures out how to make it around the formation first, but Leann is not far behind.  The two girls remain fairly even throughout the game, but Lana emerges from the maze just about a second before Leann, ending the game with ten seconds to spare.

“That’s it!” says Kirk.  “That—I think they got it!  It was close, but the Silver Snakes made it out first, so the Silver Snakes get the half Pendant of Life!”  The audience applauds for a second or two.  “Green Monkeys can catch up in this next game, though.  It’s also worth a half Pendant—Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #2…”

Olmec begins:
“When Thorfinn and his crew reached the shores of Canada, they encountered a wooded area they called Markland, which they marked with the figurehead from their ship.  In this game, you’ll be retrieving some figureheads to mark the land.  When Kirk gives the signal, run out, grab a figurehead, come back, and place it in your bin.  Along the way, you must avoid the swinging obstacles—if you’re hit, you must go back and start again.  The first team to bring back all four figureheads, or…the team with the most figureheads at the end of sixty seconds…wins.”

“Guess we’ll be marking some land later,” says Kirk.  “Alright, set the clock for sixty seconds!”  The clock slams down in the corner, ready to go.  “On your mark, get set, GO!”

Jason and Kofi rush out and grab their first small wooden statuette without getting hit very quickly.  They both time their next dashes onto the field to grab their next figure, and bring it back with little trouble.  The third figure provides a little more trouble for the boys—Jason mistimes his first trip out, and gets hit by one of the swinging sandbags.  Kofi fares a bit better, as he grabs his third figure, but gets hit coming back with it, so he must put it back and start back again.  Jason and Kofi both successfully time their next trips out, though, and they both bring the third figure back with about fifteen seconds left.  The fourth and final figure proves troublesome for both boys, as they both try to avoid the sandbags on their trip out.  Jason gets hit and has to be sent back, but Kofi manages to grab his fourth figure.  However, he’s hit coming back with it, and must be sent back empty-handed.  By this time, only two seconds remain, and Kofi and Jason can only make a mad dash for the figures as time expires.

“Okay, that’s it!” says Kirk as he runs back onscreen.  “Time’s up—let’s count up how many figureheads we have.”  A spotter brings over the bins and Kirk kneels beside them.  “Let’s do the Green Monkeys first; they got one, two, three figureheads.  And the Silver Snakes got…one, two—three figureheads!  Both teams get the half Pendant of Life!”  The audience applauds briefly.  “So now, the Silver Snakes have one Pendant, and the Green Monkeys have a half Pendant.  Now, we go to the third and final Game.  It’s worth a full Pendant of Life—Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #3…”

Olmec begins to explain the final Temple Game:
“For months, Thorfinn and his crew sailed on the high seas until they finally reached Vinland.  Once there, they set up a settlement, and eventually returned home to Iceland.  In this game, you’ll be doing just that, except your voyage will be much shorter.  When Kirk gives the signal, propel your boat off the dock and sail toward your destination.  Once there, exit the boat and place your team’s flag, climb back into the boat, turn around and sail back.  If you touch the water, you must go back and begin again.  The first team to make it back to the dock, or…the team that’s further along at the end of sixty seconds…wins.”

“This is for the Temple,” says Kirk.  “Set the clock, please!”  The clock slams down in the corner, ready to go.  “On your mark, get set, GO!”

Both teams propel themselves off the dock and reach the destination fairly quickly.  They both place their flags about seventeen seconds into the game, with the Silver Snakes just barely ahead of the Green Monkeys.  The players then climb back into their boats and try to pull themselves back, and it seems fairly close.  However, the Green Monkeys’ boat swings around and they end up pulling themselves back to the dock backwards.  This gives the Silver Snakes a bit of an advantage, allowing them to pull themselves back to the dock just a hair faster.  They both step onto the dock with about 20 seconds left, only a few seconds before the Green Monkeys.

“I—that’s it!” says Kirk.  “They did it—the Silver Snakes just barely made it back first, so they get the full Pendant of Life.  That’s two for them; the Green Monkeys have a half—the Silver Snakes are goin’ to the Temple!”  Kofi and Lana high-ten one another in excitement.  “Green Monkeys, come here.  You guys did a great job, too; it was really close—we’ve got a great gift for you, and here’s what it is!”  They receive a custom-made Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth watch.

As the prize disappears off-screen, Kirk is seen standing next to Kofi and Lana.  “Now we’ll see if the Silver Snakes can make it through Olmec’s Temple; retrieve the Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship, right after this!”

The camera pans in on the Temple and zooms in on the Figurehead as the title appears onscreen, and we go to a commercial.

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 12:19:03 AM »
We return from the break to find Kirk standing in front of the Temple with the winning team.

“Welcome back to Legends: Rebirth,” Kirk says.  “Kofi and Lana have proven themselves worthy and have earned the right to enter Olmec’s Temple.  But first, Olmec will give them some information to help them retrieve the Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship…”

Olmec begins to explain the Temple layout as a camera gives a first-person run-through of the Temple:
“You could start…by running up the stairs to the Crypt!  Grab the book from the skeletons, and pass into the Bottomless Pit.  Swing across the gap, and climb into the Lookout Tower.  Focus the telescope to read the ancient print on the far wall, and a door may open into the Geographer’s Study.  Find the missing pieces of the map and correctly place them, and pass into the Shaolin Dojo.  Place the yin-yang on the correct suit of armor, and open the door to the SHRIIIINE of the Silver Monkey!  Assemble the statue and you may be headed toward the Lightning Ball Room!  Connect the power cords to create your own lightning, which will blast open the door to the Pharaoh’s Secret Passage.  Slide down the tunnel to the Dungeon, where you could smash through the wall into the Dark Forest…but beware of the Temple Guards that may inhabit the trees!  Find the key in the tree, and you’ll enter the Chamber…of the Four Elements.  Place the elements in the correct order, and you’ll gain entry to the Jewel Mine!  Place all the jewels into the mine cart, then…race through the Pit, climb through the Ledges, rrrrace down the stairs and back through the Temple Gate!  The choices are yours and yours alone!”  Olmec pauses.  “You won 2 Pendants in the Temple Games.  Who’s going first?”

“I am,” says Lana, raising her hand.

“Very well, Lana,” Olmec replies.  “When Kirk gives the signal, you’ll race through the Gate into the Temple and make your way toward the Wooden Figurehead.  Hidden inside the Temple are Temple Guards assigned to protect three specific rooms.  You can trade your Pendant for an extra life and go on, but…if you’re caught without a Pendant, you’ll be taken out of the Temple, and it’ll be Kofi’s turn to enter and try his luck.  If you can reach the Wooden Figurehead, all the doors of the Temple will instantly unlock, and the Temple Guards will vanish.  Return through the Gate with the Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship in three minutes, and you will both be handsomely rewarded: and here’s how!”

• Just for making it to the Temple, they’ll get an MP3 player.
• If they can reach the Wooden Figurehead within three minutes, they’ll also receive a 4-in-1 game table.
• And if they can bring the Wooden Figurehead out of the Temple before three minutes expires, they’ll win a trip to Waikiki Beach, Hawaii.

“Wai…ki…ki,” Kirk says, emphasizing each syllable of the word.  “Let’s see if they can claim that grand prize.  Get in position—there we go.  Let’s set the clock for three minutes!”  The clock slams down in the bottom right-hand corner, ready to go.

“Olmec, lower your gate.”  Olmec moans gutturally as the gate is lowered, and the black lights and torches under him go out.

“Looks like she’s ready now,” Kirk says as Lana looks ready to take off.  “On your mark, get set, GO!!”

Lana trots up the stairs and soon disappears behind Olmec.  She soon enters the Crypt, where she pulls the two books at the back of the room, opening the door to the Bottomless Pit, but also revealing the first TEMPLE GUARD behind the secret door in the back (2:50).  “Whoa, Temple Guard, first thing!” Kirk narrates as Lana reaches for her Pendant.  She hands the precious medallion over to the Guard before proceeding to the Bottomless Pit, where she grabs the rope and swings across.  She hits the actuator for the door leading to the Geographer’s Study, but the door does not open (2:40).  “No, I had a feeling that door wouldn’t open,” Kirk says.  Lana hits the actuator for the Lookout Tower, and the door leading there does open, so she heads into the room.  “She’s in the Observatory,” says Kirk as Lana goes to the telescope and starts turning the knobs on the sides.  “She has to focus the telescope, then read out what it says!”  Lana spends several seconds focusing the knobs before yelling out “Fifty-four forty…for fight!  Fifty-four forty or fight!”  Upon saying the phrase correctly on her second try, the door to the Shaolin Dojo opens up, and Lana breaks away from the telescope and proceeds toward the room.  She takes the yin-yang symbol from the front of the room and brings it to the middle statue in the back, placing it on the circular indentation on its chest (2:18).  Nothing happens, so she takes it to the stage-right statue.  The door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey opens, but the hands of the statue grab Lana, indicating that it’s possessed by a TEMPLE SPIRIT (2:10).

“Oh, Temple Guard!  Go, Kofi!” Kirk instructs, and Kofi heads up the stairs into the Temple.  He begins to follow Lana’s path, swinging across the rope in the Bottomless Pit.  “He’s fast, but can he reach the Figurehead in time?” asks Kirk rhetorically as Kofi hits the actuator to the Geographer’s Study again.  “No, that’s not gonna open—he’ll have to go around,” says Kirk.  Kofi heads through the Lookout Tower and Shaolin Dojo, and enters the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, where he looks around before grabbing all three pieces of the statue.  He sets the base on the pedestal (1:55), and places the middle on backwards (1:50).  He tries to jam the head on, but it won’t go down due to the middle being on wrong.  “Turn it around—turn the middle part around!” says Kirk.  Kofi grabs the middle piece and turns it around correctly, then jams down the head, opening the doors to both the Lightning Ball Room and the Dark Forest (1:38).  “That’s it—door’s open,” says Kirk as Kofi starts to climb down to the Dark Forest.  He enters the room and reaches into the stage-right tree, but is immediately grabbed by the arms of a TEMPLE SPIRIT (1:29).  “Oh, Temple Guard in the tree!” Kirk says.  “Give him the Pendant, and go—yeah, right there in the hole!”  Kofi puts his Pendant in the tree’s “mouth-hole”, and pulls out a key in exchange.  He takes the key to the door to the Chamber of the Four Elements, and the door opens almost immediately (1:18).  Kofi enters the Chamber, heads to the center of the room, and studies the pattern over the slots where the tiles go for a few seconds.  “He’s only a few rooms away from the Figurehead,” Kirk says as Kofi grabs all the tiles on one go-around the room.  “Can he make it?”  Kofi places the tiles in the order of fire, wind, earth and water before the door to the Jewel Mine opens (0:59).  Kofi enters the room, finding two jewels immediately on the back wall.  He places them in the mine cart, and looks around for more jewels (0:53).  He finds two more on the mine cart itself (0:48), two more on the stage-left wall (0:39), and two on the stage-right wall (0:33).  Kofi looks for the last two jewels, and finds them on the ladder leading up to the Geographer’s Study.  He places them in the cart, and the door up to the Geographer’s Study opens.  Kofi climbs the ladder into the room and grabs the WOODEN FIGUREHEAD (0:20).

“He’s got it!” shouts Kirk as the doors fly open.  “All the doors are open!”  Kofi enters the Bottomless Pit and swings across with the rope, reaching the other side (0:14).  “I think he’s gonna do it!” says Kirk as Kofi rushes through the Crypt.  Sure enough, Kofi emerges through the Temple Gate to record the win with five seconds remaining.

“He did it!” says Kirk as a fanfare of trumpets plays.  Kofi and Lana hug as Kofi nearly drops the Figurehead.  “He got out with the Figurehead!  They won it all—they got the MP3 player, the game table—they’re going to the Bahamas!”  Kofi and Lana both whoop in excitement.  “They’re excited—that’s to be expected!  Well, we’ve gotta get out of here, but we’ll see you next time.  Just remember, it’s not just Legends, it’s Legends: Rebirth!  Buh-bye!”

Kirk, Lana and Kofi chat as the credits start to roll.  The camera shows close-ups of various scenery around the set, including a cluster of silk lilies beside the Moat, a rubber frog on the outer barrier of the Dungeon, and a shot of Kirk’s bright red ATV.  Kirk, Kofi and Lana are seen waving goodbye one last time before the Stone Stanley logo appears onscreen.

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:20:09 AM »

The Wooden Figurehead of the Viking Ship
Season 2, Layout 2
Artifact Location
: The Geographer’s Study
Team: Silver Snakes (Kofi Nahaje & Lana Perkins)
Pendants: 2
Result: Made it! (0:05 remaining)

After a couple of disappointing episodes, it’s good to see an episode where a team wins the grand prize such as this one.  That being said, this was a very good episode, from the three-way tie during the Steps of Knowledge to the competitive Temple Games to the highly exciting Temple Run.

Lana certainly wasn’t the fastest contestant on the show, but she made fairly good time, and knew what to do in most rooms she entered.  The only time she stalled considerably was in the Lookout Tower, where she had some trouble focusing the telescope and pronouncing the phrase on the far wall.  She was taken out in the Shaolin Dojo with a little over two minutes remaining.

Kofi (who, to my knowledge, is the first person from Africa to compete on Legends) was quite a bit faster than Lana, and he certainly cleaned up.  He sped to where Lana was taken out, and after a bit of difficulty lining the pieces up, put the silver monkey statue together.  He then continued along the bottom floor of the Temple, and eventually opened a path up to the Geographer’s Study, where he grabbed the Wooden Figurehead with twenty seconds remaining.  Fifteen seconds later, he made it out of the Temple and recorded the victory for his team.

Runs from episodes where the artifact is hidden in the central room of the Temple are usually exciting, and this one certainly was.  The contestants were genuinely excited about winning, and Kirk was enthusiastic throughout.  Sometimes, things work out just right.

Rating: 9.5 out of 10

Notes and Trivia: This is the only time that an artifact hidden in the Geographer’s Study is reached.

As previously stated, Kofi is the first African contestant to appear on Legends, and also the first person not from the United States to win the grand prize.

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 03:50:35 AM »
Shit he was fast :shock:

Although I thought the Temple Games themselves were a tad uninspired, the competition portion was still a good read.  And then the incredibly lame pun and sound effect bit during the legend... :lol: We can see why it's so hard to grab an artifact from the center room if you have to start on the upper floor, but this team did a great job, and even if it seemed unrealistically fast at certain parts, it was still exciting so I'll let it slide. :P
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!