Author Topic: Legends: Rebirth-The Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried  (Read 276 times)

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
Legends: Rebirth-The Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:44:08 PM »
Episode 55: The Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried

The camera winds and twists its way through a thick jungle of strange and exotic plants.  After a few wrong turns, it finally stops in front of an ancient Mayan temple.  At the base of the temple, a giant stone head sits.  Suddenly, a torch on either side of the head begins burning.  The head’s eyes light up, and it begins to speak:

Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth!”  These words appear on the screen.  “With your guide, Kirk Fogg!  And here he is now!”

A middle-aged man wearing a denim shirt and blue jeans rides in on an ATV.  He dismounts the vehicle and runs up the Steps of Knowledge, microphone in hand.

“Thank you!  Thank you very much!  Nice to see everyone!  Nice to see you, Olmec!  Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth.  The rooms are filled with lost treasures protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards.  Only Olmec knows the legends behind each of these all-new treasures in his temple…which one are we gonna hear about today?”

“The legend of the Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried,” Olmec replies.

“Oh, the Stolen Torn Cape of Siegfried,” Kirk says, slightly mispronouncing the artifact’s name.  “So, the legend is set, and one of these six teams will have a chance to retrieve the Cape—will it be:

“The Red Jaguars?”  The camera zooms in on each team as they are introduced.
“The Blue Barracudas?
“The Green Monkeys?
“The Orange Iguanas?
“The Purple Parrots?
“Or the Silver Snakes?

“They’ll have to pass some tough physical and mental tests, but in the end, only one team will have the right to enter Olmec’s Temple.  But first, they have to cross the Moat, and Olmec will tell us how they have to do that today…”

Olmec begins to explain the Moat Crossing:
“Before you, several rock formations stick out from the Moat.  Closer to you float the remains of an ancient raft.  When Kirk gives the signal, one player from each team will jump into the water and balance the raft, and the other player will step onto the raft itself.  Then, kick your way across the Moat, avoiding the rocks along the way.  If you hit a rock formation, or if the second player falls or touches their partner, you must both go back and begin again.  Once you reach the other side, step off the raft, help your partner out of the water, run over and hit the gong.”  Kirk hits the Silver Snakes’ gong to demonstrate.  “The first four teams to hit their gongs will go on to the next round!”

“All right, then let’s get started,” says Kirk.  “Teams, are you ready?”
The teams shout and cheer in response.
“Olmec, are you ready?” Kirk asks.
“It’s showtime,” replies Olmec.
“Yes, it is,” says Kirk.  “On your mark, get set, GO!”

The six teams’ male members step into the water to hold the foam rafts, and the girls all step onto them.  The boys then start kicking, but the Blue Barracudas’ girl falls off almost immediately.  “Oh, they just hit the water,” says Kirk.  “You need to find some way to keep balanced, and that isn’t easy!”  As the Blue Barracudas start over, the other five teams come to the boulder obstacle and begin to swerve around it.  The Red Jaguars’ and Orange Iguanas’ girls fall in the Moat while veering around it, but the other three teams make it by the boulder with no visible problem.  “It’s neck-and-neck between those three teams,” remarks Kirk as they head toward the rock arch.  The Blue Barracudas and Orange Iguanas successfully make it around the boulder on their second try at crossing, but the Red Jaguars’ girl falls off again a few seconds later as her team tries to do so.  Meanwhile, the other three teams successfully pass through their stone arches and head for the opposite side.  Everyone rushes to make it out of the water, and the Silver Snakes, Green Monkeys and Purple Parrots hit their gongs in that order.  “Three teams—I think we might have our fourth one pretty soon!” Kirk narrates as the Blue Barracudas and Orange Iguanas each pass through their arches at about the same time.  Both teams make it to the other side at nearly the same time, and both scramble to make it out of the water.  The Orange Iguanas’ boy can’t climb out quickly enough, though, allowing the Blue Barracudas to become the fourth team to hit their gong and end the Moat Crossing.

“That’s it—we’ve got our four teams!” Kirk says as he runs over and stands beside the Silver Snakes.  “Silver Snakes were over no problem—they’re tired and wet, but they’re going on to the Steps of Knowledge…along with the Purple Parrots…” Kirk pauses between each team’s name to allow for applause.  “…and the Green Monkeys…and the Blue Barracudas!  The Red Jaguars and the Orange Iguanas gave it a valiant effort, too, and they’re not goin’ home empty-handed.  We’ve got a great gift for ‘em, and here’s what it is!”  They receive a $50 gift certificate from Claire’s.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legends: Rebirth-The Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:15:20 PM »
Kirk and the four remaining teams are now standing atop the Steps of Knowledge.  “As the quest continues, it’s now time for Olmec to tell us about this Stolen Torn Cape of Siegfried.  But teams, pay attention, because your knowledge of the legend can bring you a step closer to Olmec’s Temple…”

Olmec begins to tell the story:
“One of the bravest warriors of all time was a Norseman known as Siegfried.  He was a heroic fighter and a master swordsman, but his true strength lay in his most prized possession: the Tarnkappe, a long cape he had stolen from a dwarf, which made anyone who wore it invisible.  Siegfried’s bravery and fame granted him good favor with the French king Gibich, and he fell in love with Gibich’s daughter Gudrun.  One day his brother-in-law, Gundrun’s brother Gunther, approached Siegfried with a favor.
“‘Ya see, Sieg,’ he said, ‘there’s dis girl I kinda got a thing for, ja?  But I hear she von’t marry nobody dat can’t beat her in a test of strength.’
“‘Hmm…dat sure is a problem, ja?’ said Siegfried.  ‘I’ll be glad ta’ help ya out, though…”
“So Siegfried and Gunther set off to see of the Queen of Iceland, the beautiful but mighty Brünhilde.  She welcomed the two warriors to her castle, and readily accepted Gunther’s challenge to a spear fight.  But during the preparation, Gunther became a bit uneasy.
“‘Dis girl hasn’t ever been beaten…and I’ve never picked up a spear in my life!  How am I supposed to beat her?’
“Siegfried pulled out his Tarnkappe and draped it over his shoulders, instantly becoming invisible to Gunther.
“‘Oh, I think you’ll do just peachy, ja?  Just go out dere and leave it to me.’
“During the battle, Brünhilde rushed toward Gunther with her spear raised, but the cloaked Siegfried bravely stepped in front of Gunther.  He stepped to the side and tripped Brünhilde’s horse, letting it appear as though Gunther had knocked Brünhilde off.  Gunther and Brünhilde were married, and Siegfried returned to the king’s court, where he and Gundrun were also married.  When he died, someone stole Siegfried’s treasured Tarnkappe, and it eventually made its way to the Temple.  Your quest is to find the Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried and bring it back here.”

“Thanks, Olmec,” Kirk says.  “But tell us, please, where is the Tarn…cape?”

“The Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried can be found…in the Lookout Tower,” Olmec replies.  The camera zooms in on an old bluish-gray cape hanging from the telescope in the room before fading back to Kirk.

“All righty then,” says Kirk.  “Teams, you’re now standing on the Steps of Knowledge.  In just a minute, Olmec’s gonna ask you a question.  If you think you know the answer, stomp down on the ancient marking in front of you.  If you’re right, you’ll be—you can move down to the next level, but if you’re wrong or you run out of time, I’m gonna give the other teams a chance to answer.”  Kirk begins descending the Steps.  “The first two teams to make it to the bottom level will be one step closer to Olmec’s Temple.  Olmec…we’re now ready for your first question.”

Olmec begins:
“Was Siegfried: a Frenchman, a Norseman, or a German?”
The Green Monkeys ring in.  “A Norseman?”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies.  The Green Monkeys step down one level.
“Step down, Green Monkeys,” says Kirk.  “Next question, Olmec.”

“Was Siegfried’s Tarnkappe: a hat that granted the power of flight, a cape that granted the power of invisibility, or a belt that granted…”
The Purple Parrots ring in before the third answer can be finished.  “A cape…that can grant the…person…invisible?”
“That…is correct,” Olmec responds.  The Purple Parrots proceed to the second step.
“Purple Parrots can also step down,” says Kirk.  “Remember, we need two teams…next question.”

“According to our legend, who asked Siegfried for help: Gibich, Gunther, or Gunga Din?”
The Green Monkeys ring in as the third answer is given.  “Gun…Gunther.”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies.  The Green Monkeys descend to the next-to-last step.
“Now the Green Monkeys are just a step away from the Temple Games,” Kirk remarks.  “Still looking for two teams…next question.”

“Was Gunther Siegfried’s: brother, brother-in-law, or cousin?”
The Purple Parrots ring in again.  “Brother-in-law?”
“That is correct,” Olmec responds.  The Purple Parrots join the Green Monkeys on the penultimate step.
“Purple Parrots are just one step away now,” says Kirk.  “Still time for the other teams…next question.”

“Was Gunther in love with: Boadicea, Brünhilde, or Persephone?”
The Green Monkeys ring in.  “Broon…Broon-Hilda?”
“That is correct!” Olmec booms, and the Green Monkeys leap to the bottom step.
“The Green Monkeys are our first team for the Temple Games,” Kirk comments.  “Still need one more team…who’s it gonna be?  Olmec, next question.”

“Was Brünhilde the queen of: Ireland, Iceland, or England?”
The Purple Parrots ring in.  “Iceland!”
That is correct!” Olmec booms.  The Purple Parrots jump down to the bottom with the Green Monkeys.

“And we’ve got our two teams for the Temple Games,” Kirk exclaims as he rushes over and stands between them.  “They are the Green Monkeys, and the Purple Parrots!  Red Jaguars, Orange Iguanas, you guys were great, too—we’re not sending you home empty-handed.  We’ve got a great gift for ‘em, and here is what it is!”  They receive a $50 savings bond provided by Jimmy D’s breakfast foods.

Kirk is now seen standing between the two advancing teams.  “These two teams will be competing for the right to enter Olmec’s Temple, right after this!”

The camera zooms in on Olmec.  His eyes light up and he opens his mouth as the title flies onscreen from out of his mouth, and we go to a commercial.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:18:59 PM by The Bandit King »

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:34:26 PM »
We return from the break to find Kirk standing in front of the Temple with the two remaining teams.
“Welcome back,” he says.  “Now, the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest, but first, let’s meet our teams…”

Kirk turns first to the Green Monkeys, who are made up of a short brown-eyed girl with her glossy blonde hair in a ponytail and a taller black-haired boy with hazel eyes and olive-colored skin.
“On the Green Monkeys, we have Bridgett.  How old are you, Bridgett?”
“Thirteen,” she replies.
“And it says here you’re into softball and soccer…which one do you like better?”
“Um…I like ‘em both about the same, but I got started with softball earlier,” replies Bridgett.
“What position do you play?” asks Kirk.
“Pitcher, normally,” she says.
“You got a good throwing arm, huh?” Kirk teases.
“Um…kind of,” Bridgett says, laughing.
“Ha, ha—okay,” says Kirk as he turns to her partner.  “And over here is your partner, Darren.  How old are you, Darren?”
“Fourteen,” Darren says with a distinct Hispanic accent.
“And it says here you play basketball, but you also enjoy cooking…tell me a little about that.”
“Well, my family come from Mexico, so I like to cook all kind of things from there,” says Darren.
“What’s your favorite thing to cook?” asks Kirk.
“Uh…I like to make sopaipillas,” replies Darren.
“I don’t know what that is, but it sounds good,” says Kirk.  “Let’s hear it for the Green Monkeys!”  Darren and Bridgett applaud along with the audience.

Kirk now turns to the Purple Parrots, who are made up of a tall green-eyed boy with straight jet-black hair and an equally tall girl with long black hair and black horn-rimmed glasses covering her blue eyes.
“And over on the Purple Parrots, we have Amanda.  How all—old are you?”
“Thirteen,” says Amanda.
“And it says here you have seven cats…how in the world did you get all those cats?”
“Well, my mom works at an animal shelter, and…she likes to bring home injured cats when she can’t find homes for ‘em, so…yeah,” Amanda says.
“Oh, well that’s nice,” says Kirk as he turns to Amanda’s partner.  “And here’s your partner, David.  How old are you?”
“Thirteen,” David replies.
“And it says here you play baseball and lacrosse…which do you prefer?”
“Um…I like baseball, just ‘cause it’s…really fun, and I get to interact with my team more,” David says.
“Well, you’re on a team today; let’s see if they can win these Temple Games,” Kirk says.  “Let’s hear it for the Purple Parrots!”  David and Amanda smile as the audience claps for them.

“Okay, is everyone ready to play?” Kirk asks.

“Yeah!” the contestants reply.

“All right, go get ready for the Temple Games,” Kirk instructs.  “Now, in the Temple Games, teams are competing for…” Kirk retrieves a Pendant of Life from his pouch and holds it up to the camera.  “…Pendants of Life.  The winning team will need those Pendants to protect them from the dreaded Temple Guards when they make their way through Olmec’s Temple.  There are three Temple Games, and Olmec will tell us about Temple Game #1…”

The black lights under Olmec come on as he begins to explain the first Game:
“Siegfried and Gunther had to travel many miles to get to Brünhilde’s castle in Iceland.  In this game, you’ll be helping them on their journey.  When Kirk gives the signal, adjust your weight and begin running to make the wheel you’re standing on spin.  For each rotation you make, it symbolizes one mile traveled by Siegfried and Gunther.  If you fall off, we’ll stop the wheel so you can get back on.  The player who travels the most miles at the end of thirty seconds…wins.”

“Well, looks like we have a long, dizzying road ahead of us,” says Kirk.  “Let’s put thirty seconds on the clock!”  The clock slams down in the bottom right-hand corner with a loud gong sound effect.  “On your mark, get set, GO!”

Darren and David each start running on the giant Pendant-shaped wheel to turn it.  Nothing much of interest happens, except that both boys fall off at about the same time about halfway through the game, prompting them both to get back on.  Darren pulls just slightly ahead of David, which ends with him getting about one rotation more that David by the time the game ends.

“That’s it!” says Kirk as he runs back onscreen.  “Come down here—spinning around and around, but the…let’s see how we did.”  Kirk glances back at the scorecards.  “The Green Monkeys made seven rotations, and…the Purple Parrots made six rotations, so the Green Monkeys get the half Pendant of Life!”  The audience applauds for a few seconds.  “Purple Parrots can catch up in this next Temple Game, though.  It’s worth a half Pendant—Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #2…”

Olmec begins:
“In their spear fight, Gunther and Brünhilde had to knock each other off a horse as the animal galloped at full speed.  In this game, you’ll be seeing what that’s like—minus the spears, of course.  When Kirk gives the signal, hold on tight, because the horse you’re riding will start to gallop.  If you fall off, your opponent will receive a point.  The player with the most points at the end of sixty seconds…wins.”

“I have a feeling it’s gonna be a wild ride,” remarks Kirk.  “Let’s put sixty seconds on the clock!”  The clock slams down in the corner with the usual sound effect.  “On your mark, get set, GO!”

Amanda and Bridgett hang on for dear life as the spotters start agitating the sandbags.  About ten seconds into the game, Bridgett is still clinging tightly to her “horse”, but Amanda is noticeably slipping.  Amanda falls off with about 46 seconds left, scoring Bridgett the first point.  Amanda scrambles back on the horse, but about ten seconds later, she falls off again, scoring Bridgett another point.  On her third try, Amanda is better about holding on, but she’s still slipping fast as the seconds wind down.  With about two seconds left, Amanda falls off her horse, apparently having given up.  Time expires shortly thereafter.

“That’s it,” says Kirk as he appears back onscreen.  “Come down here, girls…boy, that was tough, huh?  Let’s get the official scores…the Green Monkeys got three points, and the Purple Parrots didn’t get any, so that gives the Green Monkeys a half Pendant of Life!”  The audience applauds for a second or two.  “So now, the Green Monkeys have a Pendant; the Purple Parrots don’t have any.  Now, we go to the third and final Temple Game.  It’s worth a full Pendant of Life—Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #3…”

Olmec begins to explain the final Game:
“Siegfried’s mystical Tarnkappe granted its user the power of invisibility for as long as he wore it, allowing him to sneak up on his enemies unseen.  Unfortunately for you, you don’t have the power of invisibility to take your opponents down.  When Kirk gives the signal, load your slingshot and shoot a ball at one of the soldiers.  Then your partner will load the slingshot.  The first team to knock down all four soldiers, or…the team that knocks over the most soldiers at the end of sixty seconds wins!”

“This is for the Temple,” Kirk reminds us.  “Set the clock for sixty seconds!”  The clock slams down in the bottom corner, ready to go.  “Ready, aim, FIRE!”

Both teams knock down their first target on their first shot, but it takes them both a while before they get used to aiming and firing the giant slingshot.  Bridgett knocks down a second target for the Green Monkeys with 45 seconds remaining, and David manages to tie up the score five seconds later.  Both teams have only the two outside targets remaining now, and both teams are having trouble aiming properly to where they can hit them.  As the seconds tick down, no one knocks any targets over, but with five seconds to go, David manages to hit his team’s leftmost target to take the lead.  All too soon, time expires.

“That’s it!” says Kirk as he runs back onscreen.  “Good job by both teams, let’s count it up—the Green Monkeys knocked over two targets, and the Purple Parrots knocked over three targets, so the Purple Parrots get the full Pendant.  They got one; the Green Monkeys also have one—we’ve got a tie!  Bring in the tiebreaker pedestal, please!”

A spotter wheels in the tiebreaker pedestal, and the teams stand behind it.  Kirk stands beside them as he begins to explain the rules:

“All right, teams, here’s what’s gonna happen.  In just a moment, Olmec’s gonna ask you one question.  If you think you know the answer, hit the gong in front of you.  You’ll have three seconds to answer, and I must accept your first response.  The first team to buzz in and answer the question is going inside the Temple in search of the Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried.  All clear?”  The teams nod in response.  “Okay…Olmec, what is the final question?”

Olmec begins to ask the final question of the day:
“Which of these countries is considered Norwegian: France, Norway, or Switzerland?”

The Green Monkeys ring in.  “Norway?”

“That…is correct,” Olmec replies.

“The Green Monkeys are goin’ to the Temple!” exclaims Kirk as Bridgett jumps up and down in excitement, high-fiving Darren.  “They’re excited, I can tell!  Purple Parrots, come over here, guy.  You’re not goin’ home empty-handed; we have a great gift for you guys!”  They receive Epic Mickey for the Nintendo Wii.

As the prize disappears off-screen, Kirk is seen standing between Bridgett and Darren with one hand on Darren’s shoulder and the other on his mic.  “We’ll see if the Green Monkeys can make it through Olmec’s Temple and retrieve the Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried, right after this!”

The camera pans in on the Temple and zooms in on the Geographer’s Study, specifically on Florida on the map at the back, as the title appears onscreen, and we fade to a commercial.

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:38:49 PM »
We return from the break to find Kirk standing in front of the Temple with the winning team.

“Welcome back to Legends: Rebirth,” Kirk says.  “The Green Monkeys have proven themselves worthy and have earned the right to enter Olmec’s Temple.  But first, Olmec has to give them some information to help them retrieve the Stolen Tarn-Cape of Siegfried…”

Olmec begins to explain the Temple layout as the camera gives a first-person walkthrough of the Temple:
“You could start…by running up the stairs to the Crypt!  Grab the book from the skeletons, and pass into the Bottomless Pit.  Swing across the gap, and climb into the Lookout Tower!  Focus the telescope to read the ancient print on the far wall, and a door may open into the Geographer’s Study.  Find the missing pieces of the map and correctly place them, and pass into the Shaolin Dojo.  Place the yin-yang on the correct suit of armor, and open the door to the SHRIIIINE of the Silver Monkey!  Assemble the statue and you may be headed toward the Lightning Ball Room!  Connect the power cords to create your own lightning, which will blast open the door to the Pharaoh’s Secret Passage.  Slide down the tunnel to the Dungeon, where you could smash through the wall into the Dark Forest…but beware of the Temple Guards that may inhabit the trees!  Find the key in the tree, and you’ll enter the Chamber…of the Four Elements.  Place the elements in the correct order, and you’ll gain entry to the Jewel Mine!  Place all the jewels into the mine cart, then…race through the Pit, climb through the Ledges, rrrrrace down the stairs and back through the Temple Gate!  The choices are yours and yours alone!”  Olmec pauses.  “You won 1 Pendant in the Temple Games.  Who’s going first?”

“I am,” says Bridgett, raising her hand.

“Very WELL, Bridgett,” Olmec replies.  “When Kirk gives the signal, you’ll race through the Gate into the Temple and make your way toward the Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried.  Hidden inside the Temple are Temple Guards assigned to protect three specific rooms.  You can trade your Pendant for an extra life and go on, but…if you’re caught without a Pendant, you’ll be taken out of the Temple, and it’ll be Darren’s turn to enter and try his luck.  If you can reach the Stolen Tarnkappe, all the doors of the Temple will instantly unlock, and the Temple Guards will vanish.  Return through the Gate with the Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried in three minutes, and you will both be handsomely rewarded: and here’s how!”

• Just for making it to the Temple, they’ll get a sports package from Outdoor Products.
• If they can reach the Tarnkappe within three minutes, they’ll also receive a foosball table.
• And if they can bring the Tarnkappe out of the Temple before three minutes expires, they’ll win a trip to British Columbia.

“They wanna win all that, I can tell,” says Kirk.  “Let’s see if they can do it.  Mouthpieces in, you guys…let’s set the clock for three minutes, please!”  The clock slams down in the bottom corner, ready to go.

“Olmec, lower the Gate.”  Olmec moans gutturally as the gate is lowered, and the black lights under him are turned off.

“On your mark,” Kirk says to Bridgett, “get set, GO!”

Bridgett darts up the stairs, clutching her team’s sole Pendant of Life.  After emerging from behind Olmec, she chooses to slide down into the Ledges.  Unfortunately, she soon comes to regret her decision as she climbs off one of the platforms and the first TEMPLE GUARD grabs her by the arm (2:50).  “Whoa, Temple Guard!” Kirk narrates as Bridgett screams.  “He wants that Pendant—their only Pendant!”  Bridgett hands her Pendant over and continues climbing through the rocky outcroppings, reaching and hitting the actuator for the lower crawl tube.  When no doors open, she climbs up a bit higher and tries the one for the upper tube, and the door opens (2:40).  Bridgett progresses into the Bottomless Pit, where she trudges through the dark-colored balls in the bottom of the room until she reaches the other side.  “She has to reach the Tarnkappe in the Lookout Room,” narrates Kirk as Bridgett enters the Jewel Mine.  “She’s right under it now—can she do it?”  Bridgett takes two jewels off the back wall and places them in the mine cart, and a few seconds later, finds two more jewels sticking to the stage-left wall.  After looking around for a few more seconds, she finds another jewel on the ladder (2:28), another three on the stage-right wall (2:23), and the last two on the floor.  The second the last jewel is placed in the mine cart, the door to the Chamber of the Four Elements opens up (2:18).  “Okay, into the Chamber!” Kirk remarks as Bridgett scrambles through the door.  She goes over to the slots where the tiles go, but before she can get a good look, a door at the back of the room opens and out pops the second TEMPLE GUARD (2:12)!

“Whoa, Temple Guard!  Go, Darren!” says Kirk, and Darren shoots off up the stairs.  He begins retracing Bridgett’s path, following it exactly.  “This guy’s fast—he needs to be if he wants to reach the Lookout Tower!” says Kirk as Darren trudges through the Pit.  “That’s where the artifact is, so that’s where he needs to go!”  Darren races through the Jewel Mine and enters the Chamber of the Four Elements, where he looks at the markings above the tile-slots for a few seconds before grabbing a tile (1:55).  He correctly places the tiles in the order fire, earth, water, and wind before opening the door to the Dark Forest (1:44).  “Into the Dark Forest!” Kirk narrates as Darren heads into the room.  Darren reaches into the stage-right tree and immediately comes out with a key (1:37), which he takes to the back of the room.  He tries the middle door first, and it just happens to be the correct one, opening the passage leading to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey (1:31).  “Into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey!” narrates Kirk as Darren climbs up into the room.  “He’s only a few rooms away—can he do it?”  Darren heads to the back of the room and grabs all three pieces of the monkey in one trip.  He brings them back to the front and places the base (1:22) and middle with little trouble.  After dropping the head on the room’s floor, he picks it up and jams it on the statue, and the doors to both the Lightning Ball Room and the Shaolin Dojo open (1:10).  “Okay, what’s open now?” Kirk asks as Darren looks over to the Dojo and heads there.  Darren heads to the front of the room and grabs the yin-yang symbol.  He brings it to the middle suit of armor and places it on the armor’s chest, but all of a sudden, the armor’s hands grab him, indicating that the suit is possessed by a TEMPLE GUARD!

“Nooo!!” Kirk wails as the armor grabs him.  “Not now!  There was a Temple Guard in the Shaolin Temple, and he had no more Pendants!  Aw, he was so close…but I think they still had a good time, and they still leave with the sports packages just for being here.  We’ve gotta get out of here, though, but we’ll see you next time.  Just remember: it’s not just Legends, it’s Legends: Rebirth!  Buh-bye!”

Kirk and Bridgett wave to the crowd as the credits start to slowly scroll up the screen.  The camera shows shots of many rooms in the Temple, including the Lookout Tower, the Geographer’s Study, and the Shaolin Dojo.  Darren eventually emerges from the Temple, and he high-fives Kirk and waves to the audience, too before the Stone Stanley logo appears onscreen.

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 10:40:29 PM »

The Stolen Tarnkappe of Siegfried
Season 2, Layout 2
Artifact Location
: The Lookout Tower
Team: Green Monkeys (Darren Gomez & Bridgett Pacheco)
Pendants: 1
Result: Caught by three Temple Guards (1:05 left)

Other than the incredibly unfortunate Temple Run, this episode was quite good.  The Moat and Steps of Knowledge (in which the legend was based loosely around events in Richard Wagner’s Nibelungenlied) clearly showed which teams were going to be competing in the following round, and the Temple Games were highly competitive.  In the end, though, the Green Monkeys broke the 1-1 tie on a tiebreaker to send them to the Temple.

Bridgett was a good player.  She smartly used both hands to grab the Jewels in the Jewel Mine.  She was taken out in the Chamber of the Four Elements with over two minutes left on the clock.

Darren was also a smart player.  To boot, he was fast and quick-witted—he completed the Chamber of the Four Elements’ objective in super-fast time, and after getting extremely lucky in the Dark Forest, smartly went up to the Shrine from there.  However, it was his partner’s choice of starting in the Ledges that proved this team’s undoing: when Darren entered the Shaolin Dojo—one room from the artifact—he encountered the third Temple Guard.  Because the team only had one Pendant, the game ended with a massive 1:01 left on the clock.

It’s so unfortunate that this run ended the way it did.  If Bridgett had only started in the Crypt, there’s no doubt in my mind that despite the gruesome Temple Guard placement, given Darren’s speed, he could have at least reached the Tarnkappe, and maybe even made it out with it.  Sometimes, it’s sheer luck that costs a team victory, and this was one of those times.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10

Notes and Trivia: This is the quickest loss so far in Rebirth’s tenure.  It’s also the fourth-quickest loss in the show’s history (after such episodes as “Elizabeth I’s Golden Ship” and “The Useless Map of the Chibcha Chieftain”).

This is one of only two times that a Temple Guard is located in the Chamber of the Four Elements (the first being in “The Broken Helmet of Erik the Red”).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:19:40 PM by The Bandit King »

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 09:57:12 PM »
Gah, not another one-Pendant loss! :shock:

I actually thought the Temple Games were pretty boring, but the choice of legend was pretty interesting— a Wagnerian opera, if I'm not mistaken? :o Otherwise, there's a bit of a research error in the trivia related to the actual show (there were quite a few faster losses, including "The Useless Map of the Chibcha Chieftain"), but enough with the complaints. :P Most of the rounds were still a good read, so not bad.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 04:24:35 PM »
There will be some 1-Pendant wins coming up very soon, I promise.

Yeah, I forgot about a bunch of episodes during the trivia, including "The Useless Map". I'll amend it once I figure out how many I actually missed. :P

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper