Author Topic: Wild Jungle EP: The Purple Cloak of the Roman Emperor  (Read 318 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Wild Jungle EP: The Purple Cloak of the Roman Emperor
« on: February 26, 2011, 12:44:59 AM »
To find more Wild Jungle episodes, click THIS LINK to go to the Official Episode Guide thread!

We see a man in a light blue shirt and blue jeans walk up to a large stone head. “Olmec,” says the man, looking at the stone head, “what’s with this?” He disappears from the screen, and then drags a gigantic baseball cap in front of it.

“It’s my new hat,” says Olmec, as the vermilion lamps underneath him come on. “It’ll make me look hip.”

“Uh… yeah, I don’t think so, Olmec,” says Kirk.

“At least I can play baseba—” Olmec begins.

“Yeah, no, you can’t do that either,” interrupts Kirk.

“Well,” retaliates Olmec, “at least I can still look cool when I host LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE: WILD JUNGLE!”

The theme music suddenly begins to play. There is a flash of green lightning, two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s logo, and underneath it the words “Wild Jungle” appear as the Pendant pushes back to allow the rest of the title to appear over it. The background quickly cross-fades to lush greenery as cascading water is heard. The camera then moves towards the right to reveal a channel of bubbling, steamy water, and what appears to be a tropical jungle.

“With your guide, Kirk Fogg!” Olmec then yells. “And here he is now!”

A bamboo gate opens below the audience sections, and Kirk runs out to greet the crowd, crossing a bridge to the other side of the rapidly-moving water. “Thank you very much!” he shouts. “Nice to see you—nice to see you too, Olmec. Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple. The rooms are filled with lost treasures that are protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards. Only Olmec knows the legend behind each of the treasures in his Temple. Which one are we gonna hear about today?”

The lights under Olmec switch on as he replies:
“The Legend of the Purple Cloak of the Roman Emperor.”

“Ah, the Purple Cloak of the Roman Emperor,” repeats Kirk. “Well, the legend is set, and one of these six teams will have a chance to retrieve the Purple Cloak—”

The camera segues back to the doorway that Kirk emerged from moments ago, and the teams come out of it one-by-one as Kirk introduces them.

“Will it be the Red Jaguars?
“The Blue Barracudas?
“The Green Monkeys?
“The Orange Iguanas?
“The Purple Parrots?
“Or the Silver Snakes?”

“They’re gonna have to pass some tough physical and mental tests,” says Kirk, “and in the end, only one team will earn the right to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, they have to cross the Rapids, and Olmec will tell us how they’ll have to do it today.” The camera zooms in on Olmec’s face as a small animated representation of the game appears in the corner of the screen.

Olmec instructs:
“Before you, a tightrope stretches across the Rapids, and above it, a path of five vines. When Kirk gives the signal, the first player will step on to the tightrope and hold on to the first vine. Then, make your way over to the next vine and continue your way down to the other side. If you fall into the water, you must return to the riverbank and begin again. Both partners must cross the Rapids in this same way, and when both partners are safely on the other side, hit your gong to finish!” The camera rapidly zooms out all the way to the Red Jaguars’ gong, which Kirk slams down on to demonstrate.

“The first four teams to hit their gongs will advance to the next round,” finishes Olmec.

“Hey, teams!” calls Kirk, who is standing on the wooden bridge at the front end of the Rapids. “Are you ready?”

The teams all shout and cheer in response.

“Olmec, are you ready?” Kirk then asks.

“Let’s rock!” replies Olmec.

“Teams!” shouts Kirk. “On your marks, get set… GO!”

The camera immediately switches to a close-up of the Red Jaguar boy, ferociously crossing the Rapids, splashing a little bit of water as he digs his feet into the water as he goes. “Remember, it’s about the transitions when you go from one vine to the next,” explains Kirk. “Green Monkeys doing well; so are the Red Jaguars… Blue Barracudas look like they’re having some trouble, though…” The girl on the Blue Barracudas is seen clutching onto her second vine, trying to pull herself back up, but drops into the water moments later. “Oh! Blue Barracudas down!” shouts Kirk. “That gives a chance for the… other teams, there…” The boy on the Red Jaguars passes his fourth and fifth vines quickly, reaching the deck only about 20 seconds into the Rapid crossing. “Red Jaguars are across,” announces Kirk. “So are the Green Monkeys and the Purple Parrots… Orange Iguanas coming up fast, though.” The camera shows a close race between the Orange Iguanas and the Purple Parrots, as their first players (both boys) step off the rope just seconds after one another.

The girls on the Red Jaguars and Green Monkeys are now competing neck-and-neck, but the latter gets her left foot caught up in the rope while trying to transition to her third vine. “Oh no, the Green Monkeys are havin’ some trouble…” Kirk says, as the camera zooms in. The Orange Iguana girl overtakes the Green Monkey girl, swiftly moving from her second vine to her third, but she doesn’t move fast enough to beat “—the Red Jaguars!” shouts Kirk, as the Red Jaguar girl steps off onto the other end and gongs in. “We’re looking for three more teams, though—who’re they gonna be? The Silver Snakes and the Purple Parrots are hanging in there, though…” The Purple Parrot girl finally begins to cross the Rapids, while the girl on the Silver Snakes continues to push forward, transitioning from her second vine to her third. Back at the start line, the boy on the Blue Barracudas finally begins to cross, but the girl on the Orange Iguanas has already reached the other end, and she slams down on her team gong together with her partner.

“Orange Iguanas are in,” announces Kirk. “Now we’re looking for two more teams…” The girls on the Silver Snakes and Purple Parrots both appear to be on their fourth vines, trying to move to their fifth. “Here come the Green Monkeys…” Kirk commentates, as the girl on the Green Monkeys finally steps off onto the deck, and sprints for the gong, slamming down on it about 45 seconds into the round. “Nice job!” The boy on the Blue Barracudas tries hard to catch up, but the camera zooms in on the girls on the Purple Parrots and Silver Snakes, both stepping off from their ropes. “Purple or Silver? Purple or Silver?!” shouts Kirk excitedly. “It’s—” He is interrupted by a final gong, but then shouts “—the Silver Snakes! We’ve got our four teams!”

The camera segues back to Kirk standing on the wooden bridge at the front end of the Rapids. “Red Jaguars got over there in a flash, they made it across there first,” he says. “Going on to the Steps of Knowledge are the Red Jaguars—” A shot of each qualifying team is shown as Kirk announces their name “—and the Green Monkeys—and the Orange Iguanas—and the mighty Silver Snakes.

“The Blue Barracudas and the Purple Parrots gave it a great effort,” he then says. “They’re not going away empty-handed. We’ve got a great gift for them—Olmec, tell us what it is.”

We see a close-up of Olmec’s face, and as he speaks, the prize plug covers the screen:
“You will now be able to tell time by splitting open a Pendant of Life on your new Legends of the Hidden Temple WATCH! A custom-made digital sports watch design from Casio.”

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Re: Wild Jungle EP: The Purple Cloak of the Roman Emperor
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 12:45:19 AM »
The screen transitions to a shot of the four remaining teams atop the Steps of Knowledge as Kirk walks into the frame. “As the quest continues,” he says, “it’s now time for Olmec to tell us about The Purple Cloak of the Roman Emperor. But teams—pay attention, because your knowledge of the legend can bring you a step closer to Olmec’s Temple.”

Olmec begins to tell the legend:
“One of the greatest emperors of the Roman Empire was Constantine the First, often called Constantine the Great. He was also the son of the emperor Constantius. In 306 AD, Constantine—who had just rose to power—had his portrait brought to the city of Rome. A man named Maxentius, also the son of a former emperor, was not happy.

“‘What-a is dis?!’ he exclaimed. ‘Dis-a little chickan is-a de emperor? Look-a at him! He is only a little-a child! Ha!’ But as time wore on, Maxentius’ mocking soon changed into ranting, sparked by his jealousy.

“‘He is-a only de emperor because he is-a de son of de last-a emperor! Dey should-a let-a me have a chance-a!’

“Maxentius began proclaiming himself as the emperor of the Roman Empire in a fit of selfishness.

“‘I’m-a de emperor!’ he shouted as he stood tall before the people of Rome. ‘I am-a now de emperor!’

“But even though he claimed he was, he was not recognized as the emperor. He started a rebellion against Constantine, and soon, it turned into a war between the two fighting for position as the emperor. Maxentius gathered his army and stood before Constantine’s at the Milvian Bridge.

“‘I am-a de emperor!’ shouted Maxentius. ‘I will-a win-a dis war!’

“‘We’ll see about that,’ replied Constantine.

“Gradually, the crowd joined Constantine’s side. But as the crowd grew, the bridge seemed to get smaller until eventually—” The sound of Maxentius’ scream is heard before a splash sound effect.

“‘WE WON!’ shouted Constantine, and the crowd cheered for Maxentius’ fall. Constantine returned to rule as emperor for the next 30 years, and the purple cloak he wore in battle under his armor made its way to the Temple. Your quest is to find the Purple Cloak of the Roman Emperor and bring it back here.

“Thank you, Olmec,” says Kirk after a brief silence. “So tell us—where is this Purple Cloak?”

“The Purple Cloak of the Roman Emperor can be found in the Eagle’s Nest,” declares Olmec. The camera moves up the central shaft, stopping to focus on the Eagle’s Nest before we see a close-up of the robe hanging off the back wall of the room.

“All right,” says Kirk in response. “Teams—you are now standing on the Steps of Knowledge. In a minute, Olmec’s gonna ask you a question. If you think you know the answer, stomp down on the ancient marking in front of you. If you’re right, you’ll move down to the next level, but if you’re wrong or run out of time, I’m gonna have to give the other teams a chance to answer. The first two teams that make it to the bottom level—” Kirk runs down the steps, then walks out of view “—will be one step closer to Olmec’s Temple. Olmec, we’re now ready for your first question…”

Olmec asks: “Was Constantine an emperor of: the Byzantine Empire, the Roman Empire, or the British Emp—”
The Green Monkeys are first to stomp down: “The Roman Empire.”
“That is correct,” replies Olmec.
“All right, step down, Green Monkeys,” says Kirk in response, allowing them to move down to the second step. “Next question.”

Olmec asks: “What was the name of Constantine’s father: Constantine Senior, Constantius, or—”
The Red Jaguars ring in: “Constantius?”
“That is correct,” Olmec declares.
“All right, nice job, Red Jaguars—step on down!” says Kirk, as the Red Jaguars also move down a step. “Next question…”

Olmec asks: “Before Constantine, Constantius ruled as emperor—”
The Silver Snakes buzz in: “He was emperor of the Roman Empire.”
“That is not one of our three choices,” states Olmec. “He ruled jointly with other emperors. Is this kind of government known as: a monarchy, an oligarchy, or a democracy?”
The Green Monkeys ring in: “Um… a monarchy?”
“Incorrect,” says Olmec.
The Orange Iguanas then stomp down: “An oligarchy…?”
“That is correct!” Olmec finally announces.
“Nice job by the Orange Iguanas,” comments Kirk. “It’s a three-way-tie now. Olmec, next question.”

Olmec asks: “Was Maxentius: the son of a shop owner, the son of a sailor, or the son of an emperor?”
The Orange Iguanas ring in: “The son of an emperor?”
“That is correct,” says Olmec.
“Whoa, Orange Iguanas are just one step away from the Temple Games!” Kirk narrates. “Making a comeback… Next question, Olmec.”

Olmec asks: “Did Maxentius try and steal Constantine’s power: because he was jealous, because he was told to, or because he was having a bad hair day?”
The Silver Snakes hit their marking: “He was jealous.”
“That is correct!” replies Olmec.
“Okay, the Silver Snakes are on the board now,” says Kirk. “This match is heating up! Next question.”

Olmec asks: “Did Maxentius: kill Constantine, declare himself emperor, or declare that there is no emperor?”
The Green Monkeys buzz in: “He declared himself emperor!”
“That is correct,” declares Olmec.
“The Green Monkeys are just one step away from the Temple Games!” shouts Kirk, as they move down to the third step to join the Orange Iguanas. “Next question…”

Olmec asks: “When Maxentius did not become emperor, did he: start a rebellion against Constantine, start a—”
The Orange Iguanas stomp down: “A rebellion… he started a rebellion…”
“… that is correct!” Olmec shouts after a short pause.

“We’ve got our first team going on to the Temple Games!” shouts Kirk as the audience cheers and the Orange Iguanas jump down onto the final step, celebrating. “That’s one team—we still have room for one more. Let’s continue! Olmec, next question.”

Olmec asks: “Is Rome now a part of: Italy, France, or Spain?”
The Red Jaguars ring in: “Italy.”
“That is correct,” replies Olmec.
“And now the Red Jaguars are just one step away from the Temple Games!” commentates Kirk. “We’re looking for that second team. Next question, Olmec…”

Olmec asks: “According to our legend, what happened at the battle between Constantine and Maxentius: the crowd sided with Maxentius, the crowd sided with Constantine, or the bridge collapased?”
The Red Jaguars stomp down again: “The crowd went to side— They went to Constantine’s side!”
“That… is… CORRECT!” shouts Olmec.

“These two teams are going on to the Temple Games!” cheers Kirk, running over to the bottom step. “They are the Red Jaguars… and the Orange Iguanas!” The audience applauds loudly as both qualifying teams are shown.

“The Green Monkeys and the Pur—uh, Silver Snakes gave it a great effort as well,” Kirk then says. “Olmec, don’t we have a great gift for them?”

Olmec begins to speak as a prize plug covers the screen:
“You’ve just won a Legends of the Hidden Temple backpack each! Custom-designed and made to fit, never venture anywhere without the wildest backpack in the world! A product… of Jansport.”

The prize plug cuts away to reveal the remaining two teams on the bottom step. “These two teams are gonna be playing for the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple,” shouts Kirk, “and they’re gonna do it… right after this!” The screen fades to reveal a camera located along the start deck of the Rapids, moving towards the left along the crumbling wall, before finally focusing on a moss-covered area of it. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 12:45:33 AM »
When the screen fades back in, we see a shot of a large tree on the Rapids’ deck, the larger waterfall pouring water into the Rapids in the background, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk and the two teams, standing in front of Olmec.

“Welcome back to Legends,” says Kirk. “Now the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest… so before we get started, let’s meet our teams.”

Kirk turns to the first player: a tall girl with long, curly, brown hair on the Red Jaguars. “On the Red Jaguars,” he begins, “we have Selena. You say that you play tennis, but also it says here that you write music. Tell me about that.”

“Um, I write songs,” she says. “I don’t really write about any one topic, I just write… I write about anything, I guess.”

“And do you write the lyrics or do you write the music too?” asks Kirk.

“I play guitar, so I kinda write both,” she replies, laughing slightly.

“All right,” says Kirk, turning to an equally tall boy, with tanned skin, dark brown hair, and exceptionally long sideburns. “And over here, we have Justin. Justin, you say you enjoy playing sports like soccer and basketball, but you also skateboard. Tell me about that.”

“Um, my dad gave me a skateboard for my 10th birthday,” explains Justin, “and at first I, uh, didn’t really want to try, but I did, and I liked it, so…”

“Do you do any tricks?” Kirk then asks.

“Eh… not really,” shrugs Justin.

“All right, well, I’m sure you’ll learn some soon enough,” says Kirk. “Let’s hear it for the Red Jaguars!” The audience claps and cheers for the team.

Kirk then turns to the Orange Iguana girl, a short girl with long, wavy, blonde hair and bluish-green eyes. “And on the Orange Iguanas,” continues Kirk, “we have Tabatha. You tell me that you like soccer a lot, but that you also want to become a doctor—why do you wanna become a doctor?”

“I want to help people,” she says, “you know, like, with their illnesses and diseases, if they have any.”

“That sounds very nice,” Kirk comments. “Any idea what kind of doctor you want to be?”

“Um… not really,” she laughs. “Maybe a pediatrician.”

“That’s good,” Kirk replies. “It’s great that you want to help people. And your partner, here, Matthew—” The camera then focuses on a tall boy with blonde hair reaching down past his eyebrows, and blue eyes “—you say that you like playing hockey, but you also play in a band. What, uh… what do you play?”

“I play the lead guitar,” Matthew says.

“How long have you been learning to play the guitar?” Kirk asks.

“Uh, about… eight years, maybe,” he replies.

“You must’ve gotten lots of practice then,” Kirk says. “Let’s hear it for the Orange Iguanas!” The audience applauds for the Orange Iguanas before Kirk continues.

“You guys ready to play?” Kirk then asks. The players shout and cheer in response. “All right, first Temple Game’s over there, and the second’s over there…” The players walk off-camera in different directions, leaving Kirk alone in front of the camera.

“In the Temple Games,” he explains, “teams are competing to win Pendants of Life…” Kirk grabs a Pendant out of his pouch and holds it up to the camera. “The winning team will need those Pendants to protect themselves from the dreaded Temple Guards, as they make their way through the Temple. There are three Temple Games, and Olmec will tell us about Temple Game #1.”

The lights beneath Olmec turn on as he begins:
“The Ancient Romans were known for their ornate monuments and buildings, all of which were made of stone. On the pedestal before you, we’ve laid out a ton of stone blocks, and it’s your job to bring them to the construction site. When Kirk gives the signal, run around, jump up, and grab a stone block. Then swing around back and drop the block into your bucket. The team that collects the most blocks at the end of 60 seconds wins.”

“Not sure if the Ancient Romans actually did it this way,” Kirk comments. “Let’s set the clock of—uh, for 60 seconds!”

A countdown timer with Olmec’s face on the side of it lands in the bottom-right corner of the screen. “On your marks,” begins Kirk, “get set… GO!”

On this word, Justin and Matthew begin, spinning around slowly the first time round and both not attempting to grab a block. “You’ve got to get that momentum first—that’s the important part,” explains Kirk. [0:54] As Justin spins his lever round a second time, he pushes off the floor and grabs a block, while Matthew misses again. “Nice move by the Red Jaguars!” comments Kirk, as Justin drops his first block into his basket with a healthy 50 seconds remaining. “All right, Orange Iguanas finally got one—can they get it in?” With 42 seconds on the clock, Matthew finally scores with one block, but Justin is already grabbing his third block. Both boys spin round, and together, they bring the score to 3-2. [0:35] “They’ve got the rhythm now,” Kirk narrates. “Now it’s all about keeping that rhythm.”

As the clock hits 30 seconds, Justin grabs a fourth block, followed quickly by Matthew grabbing his third, and they both score as they pass by their bins. [0:27] Justin jumps up to grab a fifth block… but he misses and falls down too early! “Oh, Red Jaguars lost a little of their momentum!” exclaims Kirk. “That gives the Orange Iguanas a chance to catch up… and they do!” Indeed, Matthew grabs a fourth block and ties the score, dropping it into the orange-tagged bucket with 20 seconds left. “But the Red Jaguars are catching up quickly—he’s not giving up.” Justin brings the score to 5-4, but not for long, as Matthew drops his fifth block into his bin seconds after Justin does. [0:15] “These are two tough teams, folks,” announces Kirk, as both players grab their sixth blocks almost simultaneously. “No one’s giving up their lead…” With 11 seconds left, Justin and Matthew jump up to grab their seventh blocks, both doing so, and then swinging back round to drop them in with about six seconds remaining. “Oh, this is gonna be exciting…” says Kirk, as the audience counts down the final few seconds. With three seconds left, Justin grabs his seventh block, followed by Matthew just split seconds later, but both players are unable to drop their blocks into their bins before the clock hits zero and explodes.

“Time’s up!” shouts Kirk, as the ceiling lights flash briefly. “Stop right there, let’s count them up…” Kirk runs over to the players, who are being stopped by the spotters. He gets down in front of the bin marked with a red-colored tag first to count.

“The Red Jaguars had one… two… three… four… five… six blocks,” Kirk announces, tossing the blocks out as he counts. He then moves over to the bin marked with an orange-colored tag to count. “And the Orange Iguanas had one… two… three… four… five… SIX blocks! It’s a tie—they each get the half Pendant of Life!” The audience cheers as a small scoreboard appears in the corner, with a half-Pendant under both Red and Orange.

“The next game is also worth a half-Pendant,” Kirk then says. “Olmec, tell us about it.”

The camera cuts back to Olmec as he explains:
“Maxentius was jealous of Emperor Constantine and tried to convince everyone that he was the true emperor, illegally replacing all traces of Constantine with himself. Before you are two boards, one with “MAXEN”, and the other with “TIUS”. When Kirk gives the signal, run out and grab a letter of Maxentius’ name, then place it on the empty board behind you. The first player to correctly spell Maxentius’ name on the empty board—or the team that’s further along at the end of 60 seconds—wins.”

“This is a publicity stunt, if you ask me,” Kirk says, backing away from the players to get a clear view. “Let’s put 60 seconds on the clock!”

The clock lands in the corner of the screen with a bang. “On your marks,” shouts Kirk, “get set… GO!”

The spotters push the girls forward to begin the game, and they swing back, pushing off the ground and moving forward. “All right, it takes awhile to get that rhythm going,” Kirk says, watching Selena and Tabatha swing back and forth, “but once you get it right, you’ve gotta make sure to not lose it again, or else you’ll be in trouble.” Tabatha finally grabs the letter “M” off her left-side board, sticking it up onto the first of the nine squares on the empty board with 50 seconds remaining, but Selena does the same at the same time. “It’s neck-and-neck now,” comments Kirk, as the girls both grab their second letters. “Who’s gonna be the first to falter—not the Orange Iguanas, I think!” [0:39] Both girls stick up their third letters, then grab their E’s, still simultaneously. “It’s still a close race… neither one of them wants to give up!” With 33 seconds remaining, Tabatha is shown sticking up her fourth letter, followed closely by Selena. “Oh, these are two evenly-matched teams we’ve got here today,” says Kirk.

[0:27] After sticking up their N’s, both girls attempt to change direction—Tabatha dealing with this far better than Selena, who ends up spinning in the air. “Oh no, Red Jaguars didn’t make a good transition!” shouts Kirk from the sidelines. “That’s gonna cost ‘em!” Indeed, Tabatha now takes the lead, sticking up her “I” with 17 seconds remaining. “Nice move by the Orange Iguanas—Red Jaguars are making a good effort to catch up, though.” Sticking up her “U”, Tabatha quickly pushes off the empty board, trying to swing faster. [0:10] “I think the Orange Iguanas might do it!” yells Kirk above a loudening audience. “Just one last letter… YES!” Tabatha sticks up her “S”, ending the game with six seconds to go while Selena is still grabbing her “U”.

“Come on back down…” says Kirk, running over to assist the spotters in stopping the players’ swinging harnesses. “All right, nice job by both teams… But Tabatha did manage to spell “Maxentius” before the Red Jaguars did, so that gives her a half Pendant of Life!” The audience cheers as the scoreboard appears in the corner, with a full Pendant under Orange and a half-Pendant under Red.

“So now we have a Pendant for the Orange Iguanas,” Kirk continues, “and a Pendant—or a half-Pendant for the… uh, Red Jaguars here. We’re going into our third and final game; it’s worth a full Pendant. Olmec, tell us about it.”

We see a close-up of Olmec as he speaks:
“Without permission, Maxentius declared himself as emperor. Today, it will be a competition between you and your opponent to see who can declare themselves emperor first. When Kirk gives the signal, the first player will climb their own side of the mountain, making sure to avoid the boulders and obstacles. When you reach the ledge at the halfway mark, tag your partner, who will then begin to climb the cliffs of the mountain. When you reach the top, hit the gong to declare yourself emperor. The first team to do so… wins.”

“I have a feeling this is gonna be a close race,” predicts Kirk, “so let’s get started. Players, get in position… and on your marks, get set… GO!”

The camera switches to a wide shot of the mountain, showing Selena and Tabatha fiercely fighting through the smoke that fills the bottom half of the mountain. “First, they have to climb up the slopes of the mountain,” explains Kirk, as Tabatha rounds the first of her switchbacks, slightly ahead of Selena. “Orange Iguanas seem to be doing well with the obstacles… Red Jaguars aren’t far behind though.” However, Tabatha hops over a boulder in her path without much trouble, while Selena accidentally gets caught up behind it, slowing her down. “Oh, Red Jaguars are running into some trouble!” exclaims Kirk, as Tabatha rounds her third switchback quickly, making her way up the last ramp. Selena quickly recovers and turns her third corner, but Tabatha is already on her way up to the middle ledge, tagging Matthew about 25 seconds into the game.

“All right, it’s gonna be all up to Matthew to climb the Cliff,” comments Kirk, as the camera zooms in on Selena, stumbling slightly as she makes her way to the middle ledge and tags Justin—but Matthew is already ¼ of the way up the cliff to the summit. “Oh, who’s gonna make it to the top first?” Kirk shouts as the audience’s cheering gets louder by the second. “It’s gonna be a close race—will one of them stumble?” Matthew reaches the ¾ mark of the Cliff as Justin only reaches about a third of the way up, and before Justin can catch up, Matthew pulls himself over the top of the mountain, slamming down on his gong to win the game after about 55 seconds.

“That’s it! Time’s up!” exclaims Kirk. “No, no, not time’s up—it’s over! The Orange Iguanas got to the top first—that declared them the emperors—and they get the full Pendant of Life!” The audience once again applauds briefly before quieting down.

“That means that the Orange Iguanas have two Pendants,” Kirk calculates. “The Red Jaguars had a half… The Orange Iguanas are goin’ to the Temple!” The audience cheers loudly as the scoreboard comes up in the corner again—reading 2-0.5 Orange and the Orange side’s border flashing a bright yellow.

“The Red Jaguars gave it a great effort,” Kirk then says. “We’re not gonna send them away empty-handed, though. We’ve got a great gift for ‘em, and here’s what it is.”

Olmec announces the prize as a picture of it appears onscreen:
“You have won $100 worth of Toys ‘R’ Us Geoffrey Dollars! Good as cash at any Toys ‘R’ Us store—so start shopping for the best gifts, toys, and gadgets.”

The prize plug cuts away to reveal Kirk and the Orange Iguanas—now back safely on the ground—standing together in front of the mountain. “Now we’re gonna see if the Orange Iguanas can make it through Olmec’s Temple,” shouts Kirk, “retrieve that Purple Cloak of the Roman Emperor—right after this!” We cut to a high-up view of Olmec’s Temple, zooming in on the Leopard’s Lair. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:45:46 AM »
When the screen fades back in, we see the camera focused on a small cluster of leaves on the weathered column lying in front of the Forest of a Thousand Dragons, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk and the Orange Iguanas standing at the base of the Temple steps.

“Welcome back to Legends!” says Kirk. “Tabatha and Matthew have proven themselves worthy and now have earned the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, Olmec’s gonna give them some information on how to retrieve The Purple Cloak of the Roman Emperor.”

The lights underneath Olmec turn on as he explains:
“You might begin by running up the stairs to the Oasis.” A computer animation of the Temple now appears onscreen to illustrate each room’s objective. “Push in the correct tree, and fly across the water on the Seagull Swing! You could race up to the Eagle’s Nest, and smash the correct egg to find the key, which will lead you… into the Boneyard. Hang the bones in the right pattern, and pass into the Leopard’s Lair. Place the pieces hide to complete the pattern, and open the door to the SHRIIIIIINE… of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the statue, and you may be headed for Catfish Cove. Place the fish in the correct bucket, and open the door to the First Mate’s… Secret Passage.

“Slide down the tunnel to the Sandy Shore, where you could smash through the wall to the Forest of a Thousand Dragons! Find the key in the dragons’ mouths—but be careful! One of the dragons might be inhabited by the spirit of a Temple Guard. If they grab you, you’ll have to give up a Pendant of Life. Next, crawl into the Bamboo Forest. If you escape, you might have a chance to enter the Ghostly Gorge. Pull down the correct bat from the branch, and crawl back through the Secret Spring.

“Then, climb… through the Quartzite Canyon, race down the stairs… and back to the Temple Gate. The choices are yours and yours alone!” The animation fades back to a far shot of Kirk and the Orange Iguanas standing before Olmec.

“You won two Pendants in the Temple Games,” Olmec then says. “Who’s going first?”

“I am!” shouts Tabatha.

“Very WELL, Tabatha!” replies Olmec. “When Kirk gives the signal, you’ll race through the gates into the Temple and make your way toward the Purple Cloak. Protecting three specific rooms of the Temple are the Temple Guards. If you are caught, you may trade your Pendant for an extra life and go on… but if you’re caught without a Pendant, you’ll be taken out of the Temple, and it will be Matthew’s turn to enter and try his luck. When you grab the Purple Cloak, all of the doors of the Temple will instantly open and the Temple Guards will vanish. Return through the gates with the Purple Cloak of the Roman Emperor in three minutes, and you will be handsomely rewarded with these prizes!”

Olmec then reads the prizes as prize plugs cover the screen one after another:
•   For just entering my Temple, you will both receive a new digital camera provided by Sony! This Sony digital camera shoots HD video and takes crystal-clear pictures, including easy panorama shots.
•   If you can grab the Purple Cloak before three minutes is up, you will also receive a drum set! This Schafer five-piece drum set comes with hardware and cymbals designed by Schafer & Sons.
•   If you can bring the Purple Cloak out of my Temple in less than three minutes, you will both be embarking on a trip to the Bahamas! The Bahamas Princess Resort, on the exciting Grand Bahama Island, offering tennis, swimming, and international entertainment.

“—all to be won today if you can prove yourselves to be Legends of… the Hidden Temple!” finishes Olmec loudly as the audience cheers. The camera fades back to Kirk, and the Orange Iguanas standing before the Temple steps.

“All right, the Bahamas!” repeats Kirk. “I know these guys wanna go there really bad… so let’s try to get them there! Let’s get in position—mouthpieces in… Let’s put three minutes on the clock!”

The clock—now set at 3:00—slams down into the corner of the screen. “Olmec,” continues Kirk, “lower your gate.” The gate beside Olmec lowers as he lets out a low growl, and the lights below him switch off.

“On your mark,” he then says, “get set… GO!”

“There she goes, into the Temple!” shouts Kirk as Tabatha jogs up the stairs past Olmec. “This is a smart team—they have two Pendants! Down into the Canyon Room…” The camera zooms in Tabatha sliding down into the Quartzite Canyon, maneuvering her way through the first set of ledges to climb deeper down. “All right, she’s found an exit,” Kirk says as Tabatha hits the actuator, gaining access to the lower crawl tube. [2:51] She squeezes her way into the crawl tube, crawling her way down, and then entering the Secret Spring with 2:46 left on the clock. “Okay, so from there, she’s got a couple of options,” explains Kirk, watching Tabatha wade across the room. “She can either head up to the Boneyard or the Eagle’s Nest… but it looks like she’s heading down… down, into the Ghostly Gorge.” Tabatha opens the door to the Gorge, and then slides down the crawl space behind it feet-first, landing herself in the Ghostly Gorge with 2:34 remaining. She stands up quickly and proceeds toward the bridge, but before she can, a hidden TEMPLE GUARD appears from the corner of the room and captures here.

“Oh, Temple Guard!” exclaims Kirk as a short drum roll plays. [2:29] “But she gives him the Pendant, and she’s moving on.” Tabatha hands the guard her Pendant of Life, returns to the central bridge, and begins to pull bats off the branch, moving from the right of the room to the left. “No, no, no,” says Kirk as Tabatha pulls down the bats one-by-one. “No, no, YES!” Upon pulling down the sixth bat from the right, the door to the Bamboo Forest opens with 2:23 remaining. “All right, Tabatha… into the Bamboo Forest,” narrates Kirk, as Tabatha climbs through the doorway and into a thick sea of packaging peanuts. “Now we’ll see if she can get through all that bamboo,” Kirk says. “It’s tricky…” Tabatha twists and turns, trying to squeeze her way in between the bamboo poles, making it to about halfway across the room with 2:08 left on the clock. “She’s almost there… the key here is to find the best route… might seem a little difficult, though—there’s a lot of bamboo in there.” [2:02] Tabatha makes it to a clearing on the opposite side of the room, finally opening the upper door to the Forest of a Thousand Dragons. “She’s heading from one forest to another,” Kirk comments as Tabatha climbs through the open doorway. She enters the Forest of a Thousand Dragons with 1:56 remaining, and then proceeds to open the mouth of a dark green dragon near the back of the room. “All right, she’s gonna look for the key—that could take her up—or maybe she might plow through that stone wall,” commentates Kirk. [1:51] Tabatha moves on to a midnight blue dragon in the back-right corner of the room, and then to a maroon-colored dragon in the front of the Forest. “She’s not gonna give up—and it pays off!” announces Kirk, as Tabatha grabs the key out of the dragon’s mouth with 1:44 remaining. “All right, now she’s gonna head right up into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey.” Tabatha places the key on the magnetic panel, opening the golden doors in the back of the room to reveal the ladder upward.

“Up into the Shrine she goes,” says Kirk, the camera moving upward to focus on the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. In the bottom corner of the room, Tabatha emerges through a pair of small flap-doors with 1:32 on the clock, disoriented a tad by the fog, but finding her direction and grabbing the middle piece of the monkey first. “All right, she goes after the belly—but you want the base, first,” Kirk advises, prompting Tabatha to replace the middle on the cabinet doors and grab the base instead. “There you go… it’s a three-piece monkey, that’s what it is. First the base… then the belly… and then the head.” Tabatha places the base on to the pedestal, turning it 90 degrees to let it fit. [1:25] “Now for that center piece,” narrates Kirk as Tabatha picks up the middle of the monkey again, this time trying to put it on the base three different ways before it fits. “Now for the head—she’s still got plenty of time.” Tabatha grabs the head with 1:18 on the clock, bringing it to the front of the room and slamming it down on top of the entire statue, having to rotate it slightly so that it goes down. [1:13] Bats screech and lights flash as the door to the Leopard’s Lair opens. “Go! Into the Leopard’s Lair—she’s only one room away from the Purple Robe!” shouts Kirk, as Tabatha heads up the small set of steps into the Leopard’s Lair. She picks up a puzzle piece, but before she can even turn around to place it, the center set of panels revolves round to reveal a second TEMPLE GUARD who captures her with 1:05 left!

“Oh no, Tabatha’s out!” yells Kirk, as the camera switches back to him, slightly pushing Matthew forward. “Go, Matthew!” Matthew races up the Temple steps as quickly as he can, rushing past and behind Olmec to slide down into the Quartzite Canyon. “This guy’s fast,” comments Kirk. “He sure has a lot of time to make up if he wants to grab that Purple Robe of the Roman Emperor.” Matthew navigates the dimly-lit ledges of the Quartzite Canyon, finally finding his way to its exit with 58 seconds left and crawling down to the Secret Spring with 0:53 on the clock. “Tabatha cleared out a good path for him,” Kirk says, as Matthew wades across the Spring. “Can he retrace her steps carefully?” Matthew heads down the crawl tube, entering the Ghostly Gorge. [0:46] “That room’s open, so he can just head on through.” He tears across the bridge—which in turn rattles and shakes slightly—and heads straight for the open door to the Bamboo Forest, climbing through it with 41 seconds remaining. “Now he’s heading into the Bamboo Forest—this is where Tabatha had a little trouble getting through,” reminds Kirk, as Matthew jumps down into the Forest’s one of only two clearings. He follows Tabatha’s method of shifting his body to fit through several openings, moving away from the camera and toward the center of the forest. [0:36] “Oh, it looks like he’s having some trouble finding a way out,” says Kirk. “Can he find that way out?... Yes!” With 30 seconds left on the clock, Matthew finally reaches the clearing and crawls into the Forest of a Thousand Dragons.

“Into the Forest of the Dragons…” shouts Kirk, as Matthew runs around a few dragons to get to the back of the room. “Follow the path, Matthew! Follow the path…” Matthew begins to climb up the ladder into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, entering the room with about 19 seconds left. “Into the Shrine of the Silver Monkeys!” Kirk narrates. “He’s heading into the Leopard’s Lair… just one room away!” [0:15] Matthew grabs the puzzle piece that Tabatha had grabbed earlier, holding it up in front of him to see where it could go. “You’ve gotta move, Matthew!” cheers Kirk. “Assemble that puzzle!” With eight seconds left, Matthew places the piece in the leftmost hole of the center row, an increasingly loud audience cheering him on. “Just a few more seconds…” Matthew grabs a second puzzle piece with five seconds to go, running around to place it in the center hole of the top row, but before he can fit it in properly, TIME IS UP!

“Ohhh…” cringes Kirk as the the credits begin to flash in blocks of text at the bottom of the screen. “He was so close! He made it all the way to the Leopard’s Lair, he was just one room away… oh, they did such a great job; they still get the… uh, digital camera. We gotta get out of here—we’ll see you next time for another great Legend of the Hidden Temple. Bye-bye!” Kirk and Tabatha both wave to the camera, and the screen fades to the Stanley Entertainment Group logo, followed by the Nickelodeon Productions Logo as the theme music concludes.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 12:46:10 AM »
Artifact Name: The Purple Robe of the Roman Emperor
Result: Ran out of time
Time Remaining: N/A
Pendants Won: 2

Diagram:

Summary:

This was not the most interesting episode, to be frank. Everything was just a little plainer than usual. The Rapids crossing was over in about a minute—not too bad for the design, which had players cross on a single tightrope and five vines to help them. Only a few fell, but the four teams moving on were the Red Jaguars, Green Monkeys, Orange Iguanas, and Silver Snakes.

The legend was about emperor of the Roman Empire, Constantine the Great and his feud with Maxentius, who illegally rose to power. I’m sure the writers knew that Rome was NOT a part of Italy during this time, but Maxentius’ heavy Italian accent (combined with his relatively high-pitched voice) made for hilarious characterization. Dee Baker sure is a talented voice artist. :lol: Anyway, after a somewhat tiresome Steps of Knowledge round (which included one question where three answers were given before it was thrown out), the Red Jaguars and the Orange Iguanas advanced.

The Red Jaguars were formed by songwriter Selena and skateboarder Justin, and the Orange Iguanas were formed by soccer-playing future doctor Tabatha and guitarist Matthew. In the first game, Justin and Matthew rotated around on a lever and grabbed blocks to build a Roman monument, ending in a tie. In the second game, Selena and Tabatha had to jump from board to board, transferring the letters of Maxentius’ name (placed on two boards) to an empty opposite board. Tabatha completed Maxentius’ name with a few seconds to spare, winning. In the third game, the teams raced head-to-head up the mountain seen in the previous few episodes to “declare themselves the emperor”. I suppose it was Selena’s fault that her team lost, as she had a fair amount of trouble in the base of the mountain, giving Matthew a bigger head start up the Cliffs and sending the Orange Iguanas to the Temple.

The Temple Run was a fairly difficult design, mainly due to the placement of the Temple Guards. Tabatha was not the fastest contestant, but she did manage to clear a decent path in a good amount of time. She followed the bottom level of the Temple, only having significant trouble in the Bamboo Forest, and saved time by heading up from the Forest of a Thousand Dragons. But with only a little more than a minute left, she was removed from the Temple one room away from the Purple Cloak. Sadly, this was only enough time for Matthew to retrace Tabatha’s steps. Time ran out before Matthew could complete the objective of the Leopard’s Lair.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:22:31 AM by The Bamboo Forest »

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 01:53:45 AM »
Aww, so close, yet so far!

Anyway, I thought it was a good touch that Maxentius had that thick accent but Constantine didn't— drew a good distinction between the two.  This episode might not have been the best on the whole, but at least the Temple Run was definitely a bit suspenseful later in Tabatha's run (before she was taken out one room away from the Temple ;)), if that says anything. :P
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:54:16 AM by The Ancient Warrior »
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!