Author Topic: Wild Jungle EP: Thoth and the Eye of Horus  (Read 368 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Wild Jungle EP: Thoth and the Eye of Horus
« on: February 18, 2011, 07:29:45 PM »
To find more Wild Jungle episodes, click THIS LINK to go to the Official Episode Guide thread!

A man in a blue shirt and blue jeans walks up to a giant stone head sitting upon a rock ledge. Below the head, rags and all sorts of other trash lie in thick plant growth.

“Olmec,” the man calls, “when are you going to clean up this mess?”

“It’s MY Temple, Kirk,” booms Olmec. “That means those plants are MINE, and I can do whatever I want with them, whether you like it or not.”

Kirk sighs, and then looks away. “It’s like a jungle of its own… personal space, my foot…” mutters Kirk, walking away from Olmec.

“Yes, it is a jungle!” shouts Olmec. “LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE: WILD JUNGLE!”

The theme music suddenly begins to play. There is a flash of green lightning, two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s logo, and underneath it the words “Wild Jungle” appear as the Pendant pushes back to allow the rest of the title to appear over it. The background quickly cross-fades to lush greenery as cascading water is heard. The camera then moves towards the right to reveal a channel of bubbling, steamy water, and what appears to be a tropical jungle.

“With your guide, Kirk Fogg!” Olmec then yells. “And here he is now!”

A bamboo gate opens below the audience sections, and Kirk runs out to greet the crowd, crossing a bridge to the other side of the rapidly-moving water. “Thank you very much!” he shouts. “Nice to see you—nice to see you too, Olmec. Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple. The rooms are filled with lost treasures that are protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards. Only Olmec knows the legend behind each of the treasures in his Temple. Which one are we gonna hear about today?”

The lights under Olmec switch on as he replies:
“The Legend of Thoth and the Eye of Horus.”

“Ooh, Thoth and the Eye of Horus,” repeats Kirk. “Well, the legend is set, and one of these six teams will have a chance to retrieve the Eye of Horus—”

The camera segues back to the doorway that Kirk emerged from moments ago, and the teams come out of it one-by-one as Kirk introduces them.

“Will it be the Red Jaguars?
“The Blue Barracudas?
“The Green Monkeys?
“The Orange Iguanas?
“The Purple Parrots?
“Or the Silver Snakes?”

“They’re gonna have to pass some tough physical and mental tests,” says Kirk, “and in the end, only one team will earn the right to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, they have to cross the Rapids, and Olmec will tell us how they’ll have to do it today.” The camera zooms in on Olmec’s face as a small animated representation of the game appears in the corner of the screen.

Olmec instructs:
“Before you, a tightrope stretches across the Rapids, and above it, a path of five vines. When Kirk gives the signal, the first player will step on to the tightrope and hold on to the first vine. Then, make your way over to the next vine and continue your way down to the other side. If you fall into the water, you must return to the riverbank and begin again. Both partners must cross the Rapids in this same way, and when both partners are safely on the other side, hit your gong to finish!” The camera rapidly zooms out all the way to the Red Jaguars’ gong, which Kirk slams down on to demonstrate.

“The first four teams to hit their gongs will advance to the next round,” finishes Olmec.

“Teams!” calls Kirk, who is standing on the wooden bridge at the front end of the Rapids. “Are you ready?”

The teams all shout and cheer in response.

“Olmec, are you ready?” Kirk then asks.

“This rock is ready to roll!” replies Olmec.

“On your marks,” begins Kirk, “get set… GO!”

The crowd begins to cheer as the players begin their journey out onto the Rapids, most of the players reaching for their first vine before they step onto the tightrope, but with the boy and girl on the Blue Barracudas and Orange Iguanas, respectively, try the opposite—the latter falling into the water fairly quickly. “Ooh, bad start for the Orange Iguanas!” commentates Kirk. “The Purple Parrots and the Green Monkeys look like they’re doing good, though, and so are the Red Jaguars…” The boy on the Red Jaguars makes smooth transitions from vine to vine, stretching them sideways as far as they can before switching hands swiftly. “I like the way he’s moving,” comments Kirk, as the camera segues back to the end of the Rapids, showing the boys on the Purple Parrots and Silver Snakes about to grab their fourth vines, the Purple boy just barely ahead of the Silver boy.  “That Red Jaguar is off,” narrates Kirk, as the Red Jaguar boy steps off onto the deck and his partner begins to cross. “Purple Parrots’re right behind them, though.” The boy on the Purple Parrots then steps off, followed by the Silver Snake boy and the Green Monkey girl quickly afterward.

“Oh, Red Jaguars, hanging on by just a little…” exclaims Kirk, as the camera focuses on the Red Jaguar girl splashing her feet around in the water, clutching the third rope, but eventually falling in and she swims back reluctantly. “That gives a chance for the Silver Snakes—she’s got the rhythm down now.” Indeed, the girl on the Silver Snakes seems to have little trouble moving from vine-to-vine across the tightrope, grabbing onto her fourth and fifth vines one barely after the other, and stepping onto the deck. “And we’ve got our first team!” shouts Kirk as the Silver Snakes slam down on their gong. “Who’s gonna be our next team?” The camera segues back to the Red Jaguar girl giving the Rapids a second shot, and then zooming in on the girl on the Blue Barracudas struggling to hold onto the second vine, but recovering after a few moments and moving on. “We’ve got two teams!” Kirk then announces as the girl on the Purple Parrots runs over and hits the gong. “Three teams! We just need one more now!” he yells as the boy on the Green Monkeys steps off onto the deck and hits his gong before high-fiving his partner.

“It’s gonna be a close race between the Red and the Blue…” commentates Kirk, as the camera zooms in on the girls on the Red Jaguars and Blue Barracudas both struggling to grab onto their fifth vines, the Blue Barracuda girl having more trouble—both of her feet are hanging down into the rushing water—and the Red Jaguar girl pulls herself up onto the deck. “And it’s the Red Jaguars!” shouts Kirk as the girl on the Red Jaguars tiredly runs over to slam down on the gong. “We’ve got our four teams!”

The camera segues back to Kirk standing on the wooden bridge at the front end of the Rapids. “Nice job!” he says. “Going on to the Steps of Knowledge are the Red Jaguars—” A shot of each qualifying team is shown as Kirk announces their name “—and the Green Monkeys—and the Purple Parrots—and the Silver Snakes.

“The Orange Iguanas and the Blue Barracudas gave it a great effort,” he then says. “They’re not going away empty-handed. We’ve got a great gift for them, and Olmec will tell us what it is. Olmec?”

We see a close-up of Olmec’s face, and as he speaks, the prize plug covers the screen:
“You will now be able to tell time by splitting open a Pendant of Life on your new Legends of the Hidden Temple WATCH! A custom-made digital sports watch design from Casio.”

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Re: Wild Jungle EP: Thoth and the Eye of Horus
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »
The screen transitions to a shot of the four remaining teams atop the Steps of Knowledge as Kirk walks into the frame. “As the quest continues,” he says, “it’s now time for Olmec to tell us about The Eye of Horus. But teams—pay attention, because your knowledge of the legend can bring you a step closer to Olmec’s Temple.”

Olmec begins to tell the legend:
“One of the greatest deities in Ancient Egypt was Thoth. He had the body of a man and the head of an ibis, a type of bird. His father was Ra, the god of the sun, and the most powerful of all the Egyptian deities. Legend has it, Thoth wanted to take over his father’s title when he grew up.

“‘Dad, will I ever become god of the sun one day?’ asked a young Thoth.

“‘I don’t think so, Thothy,’ replied Ra, looking unconfident.

“‘Then who will be the god of the sun when you die?’

“Ra laughed, almost as if he was mocking his own son. ‘Thoth, here’s something you need to remember: we are the gods and we will rule forever. We won’t “die” like mortals do. Now, listen, I’m going to let you be god of the moon. Is that okay?’

“‘Yes, papa,’ said the young Thoth. Thoth eventually became one of the most important of the Egyptian gods, and eventually, the moon became represented by Thoth’s eye—the Eye of Horus—and Ancient Egyptians used that symbol when they built temples for him. One of the rocks with the eye inscribed on it has made its way to the Temple. Your task is to find the Eye of Horus and bring it back here.

“Thank you, Olmec,” says Kirk after a brief silence. “So tell us—where is the Eye of Horus?”

“The Eye of Horus can be found… in the SHRIIIIIINE of the Silver Mooooonkey!” shouts Olmec. The camera moves along the top floor of the Temple, stopping near the Shrine, then fades to a close-up of the rock, propped up on top of the front pedestal.

“All right,” says Kirk in response. “Teams—you are now standing on the Steps of Knowledge. In a minute, Olmec’s gonna ask you a question. If you think you know the answer, stomp down on the ancient marking in front of you. If you’re right, you’ll move down to the next level, but if you’re wrong or run out of time, I’m gonna have to give the other teams a chance to answer. The first two teams that make it to the bottom level—” Kirk runs down the steps, then walks out of view “—will be one step closer to Olmec’s Temple. Olmec, we’re now ready for your first question…”

Olmec asks: “Was Thoth: an Egyptian deity, a Roman god, or an English king?”
The Red Jaguars are first to stomp down: “An Egyptian deity.”
“That is correct!” declares OImec.
“Okay, step down, Red Jaguars!” says Kirk in response, allowing them to move down to the second step. “Next question.”

Olmec asks: “Was Thoth the son of: Ra, Osiris—”
The Purple Parrots interrupt: “Ra!”
“That is correct,” says Olmec.
“Okay, Purple Parrots, step on down…” Kirk instructs. “Next question, Olmec.”

Olmec asks: “Was Ra the god of: the sun, the moon, or Jupiter?”
The Purple Parrots ring in again: “Um… the moon?”
“Incorrect,” replies Olmec.
The Green Monkeys then stomp down: “The sun!”
That… is correct,” replies Olmec.
“All right, we have a three-way-tie on the second step—this match is heating up!” narrates Kirk. “Next question…”

Olmec asks: “Did Thoth have the head of: an ostrich, an ibis, or a crocodile?”
The Red Jaguars stomp down: “An ibis…?”
“That is correct,” says Olmec.
“Okay, step down, Red Jaguars…” Kirk then says as they move down onto the third step. “One more correct response and you’re going to the Temple Games. Olmec, next question.”

Olmec asks: “What was the name of the symbol modeled after Thoth’s eye: the Eye of Horton, the Eye of Horus, or the Eye of—”
The Silver Snakes buzz in: “The Eye of Horton?”
“Incorrect,” declares Olmec, as faint sniggering is heard in the audience.
The Green Monkeys ring in: “The Eye of Horus.”
“That is correct,” announces Olmec.
“And just like that, the Green Monkeys are one step away from the Temple Games!” shouts Kirk. “Remember—we’re looking for two teams. Still plenty of time left. Olmec, next question…”

Olmec asks: “According to our legend, did Ra make Thoth: the god of the stars, the god of the moon—”
The Green Monkeys cut him off: “The god of the moon!”
“THAT IS CORRECT!” shouts Olmec.

“We’ve got our first team going on to the Temple Games!” Kirk announces. “It’s the Green Monkeys!” The Green Monkeys jump down onto the bottom step and hug in celebration as the audience cheers.

“Who’s gonna be our next team?” continues Kirk. “Let’s find out—next question.”
Olmec asks: “What shape were Ancient Egyptian burial tombs: pyramids, spheres, or prisms?”
The Red Jaguars stomp down: “Pyramids!”
“THAT IS CORRECT!” yells Olmec.

“We’ve got our two teams going on to the Temple Games!” shouts Kirk, running over to the bottom step. “They are the Red Jaguars… and the Green Monkeys!” The audience applauds loudly as both qualifying teams are shown.

“The Purple Parrots and the Silver Snakes gave it a great effort,” Kirk then says. “We’ve got a great gift for them, and here’s what it is... Olmec?”

Olmec begins to speak as a prize plug covers the screen:
“You’ve just won a Legends of the Hidden Temple backpack each! Custom-designed and made to fit, never venture anywhere without the wildest backpack in the world! A product… of Jansport.”

The prize plug cuts away to reveal the remaining two teams on the bottom step. “These two teams are gonna be playing for the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple,” shouts Kirk, “and they’re gonna do it… right after this!” We fade to a shot of the fast-flowing Rapids, swinging around to zoom in on a lizard at the base of a large tree. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:17:18 PM by The Bamboo Forest »

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 07:30:38 PM »
When the screen fades back in, we see a shot of the mountain in the corner of the Temple Games floor, spewing mist out of its base, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk and the two teams, standing in front of Olmec.

“Welcome back to Legends,” says Kirk. “Now the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest… so before we get started, let’s meet our teams.”

Kirk turns to a tall, large-framed blonde boy on the Red Jaguars. “On the Red Jaguars,” he begins, “we’ve got Christian. Now, Christian, it says here that you like basketball and baseball, but you also play keyboards—tell me about that.”

“Well, my mom put me into piano lessons when I was… four,” Christian explains, pausing to think, “and I just got better and I started to do keyboards as well.”

“And do you play in a band?” Kirk then asks.

“Yeah, my friends and I… we started a band, I play keyboards, and piano, if we play songs that have piano in them,” says Christian.

“All right, sounds cool,” Kirk remarks, turning to Christian’s partner: a much shorter brunette girl with long hair and near-black eyes. “And over here, we have Melissa. She tells me that she paints watercolor paintings—tell me about that.”

“Um, I paint… just for fun, I guess,” she laughs. “When I’ve got an idea, or some ideas that I can combine, I just sit down and paint.”

“Is there any reason why you prefer watercolors or—?” Kirk asks.

“Uh, not really…” Melissa replies. “It’s just easier for me.”

“Okay, sounds good,” Kirk then says. “Let’s hear it for the Red Jaguars!” The audience cheers briefly for the team, as Kirk moves over to the next player—a tall Asian boy with dark brown eyes and a buzz cut. “And over here on the Green Monkeys, we’ve got Darren. You tell me you’re a real thrill-seeker—why’s that?”

“I like skateboarding and BMX biking, so I mean, I guess I kind of am one,” Darren says. He laughs.

“All right, and uh… do you have any special stunts that you do while skateboarding or biking—any favorite ones?” asks Kirk.

“Um… I’m still really trying to do a good 360 consistently on my skateboard,” explains Darren. “Have to work on that a little more.”

“Wear a helmet!” says Kirk, turning to a girl with long blonde hair, clear blue eyes, and freckles. “And over here, we have Loraine. You tell me that you really want to become a football player. Tell me about that.”

“Oh, um… when I was young,” Loraine begins, “my friends used to think that girls could never play football, so I guess I’m here just to prove them wrong—” She breaks out in a laugh that she had been trying to suppress.

“All right,” Kirk replies, trying to control his own laughter as well. “Watch out, everyone—this is a tough team. Let’s hear it for the Green Monkeys!” The audience applauds once again, this time for the Green Monkeys.

“Okay, you guys ready to play?” Kirk then asks. The players shout and cheer in response. “All right, boys—why don’t you get ready for the first Temple Game over there, and girls, you go get ready for the second…” Kirk sends the players off in different directions, leaving just Kirk facing the camera.

“In the temple games,” he explains, “teams are competing to win these Pendants of Life…” Kirk grabs a Pendant out of his pouch and holds it up to the camera. “The winning team will need those Pendants to protect themselves from the dreaded Temple Guards, as they make their way through the Temple. There are three Temple Games, and Olmec will tell us about Temple Game #1.”

The lights beneath Olmec turn on as he begins:
“The Ancient Egyptians felt obliged to build monuments for their deities as a sign of worship, and they were often made of large limestone blocks. Today, you’ll be collecting some of these blocks for a new monument in the desert. When Kirk gives the signal, run around, jump up, and grab a limestone block from the pedestal. Then, swing back around and drop it in your bin. The team that collects the most blocks in 60 seconds wins.”

“It’s tough work, but somebody’s gotta do it,” comments Kirk. “Let’s put 60 seconds on the clock!”

A countdown timer with Olmec’s face on the side of it lands in the bottom-right corner of the screen. “On your marks,” begins Kirk, “get set… GO!”

A short drum solo kicks off the Temple Games track in the background, as the two boys launch themselves off the ground and immediately spinning around in their lever. Both of them reach up as they pass the column—which is much too high up for both of them—and miss. “They both miss,” commentates Kirk. [0:56] “Might wanna try and get that momentum going first before trying to get one of those blocks—that’s the key to this game: momentum.” With 49 seconds on the clock, Christian uses his long right arm to grab one of the blocks, but is unable to secure it under his arm before it falls onto the floor. “Oh, that’s gonna leave a mark…” jokes Kirk, as Darren flies past his pedestal without grabbing a block again. “They’re really gonna have to pick up the pace if they wanna win—there he goes!” Christian sets his hand on a block, this time taking care to hold on to it tightly, and then drops it in his bin. [0:44] “All right, the Red Parrots—er, Jaguars, have one block…” Kirk commentates, but not quickly enough before Darren drops in his first block to tie up the score. “And so do the Green Monkeys! Now he’s got the rhythm down.” Christian scores another block with 37 seconds on the clock, with Darren just right behind him with 35 seconds on the clock, as both boys now get into the bounce-grab-bounce-drop sequence.

[0:28] Christian and Darren both drop their third blocks into their baskets at virtually the same time, but Darren scrapes the side of his pedestal trying to grab a fourth, falling behind. “Oh no, he might’ve lost his momentum there…” Kirk says as he watches Darren struggling to time his bounce as he spins a little out of control with 21 seconds remaining. The score is now 5-3, with Christian grabbing a sixth block… but dropping it a few seconds later. “Oh, dropped that one… He has to go back for another one, now.” [0:17] Darren finally grabs a fourth block, dropping into his basket with 13 seconds remaining, but Christian scores a sixth shortly after. “It’s gonna come down to the end…” comments Kirk as the audience begins to shout out the last ten seconds. [0:06] With the seconds ticking down fast, Christian places his seventh block in his bin just as Darren retrieves a fifth block, but as he spins run, ready to drop it in, TIME IS UP!

“All right, that’s it!” announces Kirk as the clock explodes. He runs over to the players, who are being slowed down and stopped by the stunt spotters. “Let’s count up those scores, shall we…?”

Kirk kneels down in front of the red-marked basket first to count up. “Red had one… two… three… four… five… six… seven blocks…” He pushes the blocks that he counted aside, then moves over to the green basket to count the blocks in it.

“And on the Green,” he continues, “we have one… two… three… four blocks— The Red Jaguars get the half Pendant of Life!” The audience cheers as a small scoreboard appears in the corner, with a half-Pendant under Red and an empty space below Green.

“The next game is also worth a half-Pendant,” Kirk declares. “The Green Monkeys can catch up here. Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #2.”

The camera cuts back to Olmec as he explains:
“Ra made his son, Thoth, the god of the moon. Today, you will be crossing the moon’s dangerous and rough terrain—but there’s only one correct way across. Before you lies one of the many valleys of the moon. When Kirk gives the signal, choose a step and move onto it. If it stays still, pick another step and move on, but if it sinks into the water, you must return to the beginning and start again. The first team to correctly navigate the valley—or the team that’s further along at the end of 60 seconds—wins.

“It’s gonna be tough navigating that valley,” says Kirk, running out of view of the camera. “Let’s put 60 seconds on the clock!”

The clock lands in the corner of the screen with a bang. “On your marks,” shouts Kirk, “get set… GO!”

Melissa and Loraine immediately spring forward, Melissa placing her right foot on her first step and her left on her second—both of which are on the first row from the front—without sinking. “Nice move by the Red Jaguars!” shouts Kirk, as Loraine hesitates slightly before choosing a second step—but it remains still. [0:52] “All right, now our players are gonna choose a next move—will it be the right move?” Melissa tries the step diagonally to the left of her, but it drops down, sending her feet into the misty water below. “Nope, gotta go back now—it’s a long, tiring swim back!” Loraine moves forward another step, and chooses a fourth on the innermost row—the row closest to the Temple in the background—but it sinks, making her go back. With 42 seconds remaining, Melissa has finally began a second attempt, following her first two steps from her first try and then trying the third step on the third row from the foreground, which stays intact. [0:37] “All right, she’s gonna keep moving forward now,” Kirk commentates; back at the start platform, Loraine steps onto her first step for the second time. With 32 seconds on the clock, Melissa has picked a fourth step—still remaining on the third row from the front view, and quickly swings over to it, resting both of her feet on it as it sways slightly. “That’s the fourth step! He—I mean, she’s a third of the way across now!”

[0:27] The camera segues back to Loraine, who is on the fifth step of the second row from the back. “The Green Monkeys are catching up quick!” shouts Kirk, as Loraine moves to the sixth step of the same row, still with a flawless second try. “The Red Jaguars are really gonna have to make up some time now…” Melissa continues on the third row from the front, moving to the fifth step and then the sixth step on that row, but as she steps on the seventh with 22 seconds left, it sinks. “NO! She was making great progress… but now she has to go back,” Kirk laments, as Melissa begins to wade back to the start platform. [0:18] Loraine moves onto the ninth step of the second row from the back, which sways slightly—but it does not fall, and Loraine then sets foot on the tenth step of the row… and it gives way with 14 seconds remaining! “Oh no, Green Monkeys are down—Red Jaguars better move!” narrates Kirk excitedly, as Melissa finally begins a third try, following her previous path with caution, hesitating before moving from step to step. “She’s gonna have to really move now!” says Kirk, referring to Loraine this time, as the camera zooms in on her grabbing on to the eighth step of the second row from the back, and then to the ninth, but it sinks. [0:04] The camera now switches to a wide shot from the front, with Melissa stepping onto the eighth step of the fourth row from the front—but it sinks! “Oh, she has to go back—” Kirk begins, but TIME IS UP before he can finish his sentence!

“All right, stop right there…” instructs Kirk, as he runs back into view of the camera. The spotters assist the girls in exiting the maze, and they run back around to the front of the “valley” to Kirk.

“Okay,” says Kirk, once both girls are standing next to him. “So, no one made it to the end, but Loraine made eight steps without sinking, and Melissa only made seven before sinking… so the Green Monkeys get this half Pendant of Life!” The audience cheers as the scoreboard appears in the corner, with a half-Pendant each under the Red and Green spaces.

“So now it’s a half-Pendant apiece,” Kirk reveals as the audience quiets down. “We’re going into our third and final game. It’s worth a full Pendant. Olmec, please tell us about Temple Game #3.”

We see a close-up of Olmec as he speaks:
“Thoth, being one of the greatest Egyptian deities, had a great throne to sit upon—and his was high up in the heavens. Today, you will be paying a visit to Thoth’s throne by climbing the mountain before you up to the sky. When Kirk gives the signal, the first player will climb their side of the mountain, through the boulders and mist. When the first player reaches the halfway point, that’s their partner’s signal to climb the cliffs of the mountain. When you reach the top of the mountain, ring Thoth’s gigantic doorbell! The first team to reach the top—and ring the doorbell—wins.”

“Why do I get the sudden urge to sing a certain song by Bob Dylan?” Kirk jokes while frowning in the camera. “All right, ha, ha… let’s get in position, teams! And… on your marks, get set… GO!”

The girls begin from the base of the mountain, disappearing into clouds of thick fog before reappearing, each of them navigating their own set of switchbacks. “It’s a difficult way up that mountain—there’s smoke and boulders and all sorts of obstacles in their way!” shouts Kirk as the camera zooms in on Loraine rounding the second corner of her side about 10 seconds into the game. “Higher and higher they go, trying to reach the heavens…” Kirk commentates, with a wide shot of the mountain showing Loraine clearly ahead of Melissa, making her way to the fourth corner as Melissa just rounds her third one. “One more switchback and then it’s gonna be up to Darren to bring the Green Monkeys to victory!” announces Kirk. Loraine rounds the last switchback, reaching a narrow ledge at the mid-point—height-wise—of the mountain.

“All right, Darren’s climbing the cliffs!” narrates Kirk, as the audience cheers the teams on. Melissa reaches the halfway point roughly 25 seconds into the game, allowing Christian to begin, but Darren is already powering himself up his side of the cliffs. “Look at Darren go!” exclaims Kirk, watching Darren pass the ¾ mark of the cliffs with ease. “He’s almost there…” Christian is a little more than halfway up the cliffs now, but Darren grabs hold of the top ledge, using his legs to push himself up onto it. “He’s gonna make it—he’s done it!” yells Kirk as Darren slams down on the “doorbell”—really a Rapids-style gong—to end the game. “That’s it!”

The camera segues back to Kirk, standing at the base of the mountain. “Once again, our new Temple Game here on Legends,” he reminds, slightly out of breath. “Well… the Green Monkeys got to the top first, and they rung Thoth’s doorbell—that gives them the full Pendant of Life! That gives them one-and-a-half—the Red Jaguars had a half—the Green Monkeys are going to the Temple!” Applause erupts in the audience as the camera cuts to Darren cheering at the summit. As they do so, the scoreboard comes up in the corner again—reading 1.5-0.5 Green and the Green side’s border flashing a bright yellow.

“The Red Jaguars gave it a great, great effort,” Kirk consoles. “It came down to that last Temple Game… they’re not going away empty-handed, though. Olmec, tell us what we’ve got for them.”

Olmec announces the prize as a picture of it appears onscreen:
“You’ll ride your way home on an… electric scooter! This Pulse Kick N’ Go scooter uses a unique self-propulsion pedal for balance while riding.”

The screen fades to reveal Kirk standing with the Green Monkeys on the mid-point ledge. “Let’s see if the Green Monkeys can make it through Olmec’s Temple,” shouts Kirk, “retrieve the Eye of Horus… right after this!” We cut to a camera traveling rapidly along the Temple Games floor, stopping right in front of Olmec to focus on the foliage in the large planter beneath him. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 07:31:46 PM »
When the screen fades back in, we see the camera focused on the top-right corner shelf of the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk and the Green Monkeys standing at the base of the Temple steps.

“Welcome back to Legends!” says Kirk. “Darren and Loraine have proven themselves worthy and now have earned the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, Olmec’s gonna give them some information on how to retrieve The Eye of Horus.”

The lights underneath Olmec turn on as he explains:
“You might begin by running up the stairs to the Oasis.” A computer animation of the Temple now appears onscreen to illustrate each room’s objective. “Push in the correct tree, and fly across the water on the Seagull Swing! You could race up to the Eagle’s Nest, and smash the correct egg to find the key, which will lead you… into the Boneyard. Hang the bones in the right pattern, and pass into the Leopard’s Lair. Place the pieces hide to complete the pattern, and open the door to the SHRIIIIIINE… of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the statue, and you may be headed for Catfish Cove. Place the fish in the correct bucket, and open the door to the First Mate’s… Secret Passage.

“Slide down the tunnel to the Sandy Shore, where you could smash through the wall to the Forest of a Thousand Dragons! Find the key in the dragons’ mouths—but be careful! One of the dragons might be inhabited by the spirit of a Temple Guard. If they grab you, you’ll have to give up a Pendant of Life. Next, crawl into the Bamboo Forest. If you escape, you might have a chance to enter the Ghostly Gorge. Pull down the correct bat from the branch, and crawl back through the Secret Spring.

“Then, climb… through the Quartzite Canyon, race down the stairs… and back to the Temple Gate. The choices are yours and yours alone!” The animation fades back to a far shot of Kirk and the Green Monkeys standing before Olmec.

“You won one-and-a-half Pendants in the Temple Games,” Olmec then says. “Who’s going first?”

“I am!” shouts Darren.

“Very WELL, Darren!” replies Olmec. “When Kirk gives the signal, you’ll race through the gates into the Temple and make your way towards the Eye of Horus. Protecting three specific rooms of the Temple are the Temple Guards. If you are caught, you may trade your Pendant for an extra life and go on… but if you’re caught without a Pendant, you’ll be taken out of the Temple, and it will be Loraine’s turn to enter and try her luck. Hidden somewhere in the Temple is another half-Pendant. If you can find it, and you complete your Pendant, you will earn an extra life. When you grab the Eye of Horus, all of the doors of the Temple will instantly open and the Temple Guards will vanish. Return through the gates with the Eye of Horus in three minutes, and you will be handsomely rewarded with these prizes!”

Olmec then reads the prizes as prize plugs cover the screen one after another:
•   For just entering my Temple, you will both receive camping gear from Outdoor Products! Life’s a journey—we’ll help you pack. From Outdoor Products.
•   If you can grab the Eye of Horus before three minutes is up, you will also receive a drum set! This Schafer five-piece drum set comes with hardware and cymbals designed by Schafer & Sons.
•   If you can bring the Eye of Horus out of my Temple in less than three minutes, you will both be embarking on a trip to Space Camp! You’ll float like an astronaut and perform a shuttle mission during an action-packed week at US Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama.

“—all to be won today if you can prove yourselves to be Legends of… the Hidden Temple!” finishes Olmec loudly as the audience cheers. The camera fades back to Kirk, and the Green Monkeys standing before the Temple steps.

“Space Camp!” Kirk repeats. “Sounds great. All right, Darren, let’s get you in position… put your mouthpieces in—both of you—because you never know when you’re gonna go. Let’s put three minutes on the clock!

The clock—now set at 3:00—slams down into the corner of the screen. “Olmec,” continues Kirk, “lower your gate.” The gate beside Olmec lowers as he lets out a low growl, and the lights below him switch off.

“On your marks,” he then says, “get set… GO!”

Darren launches himself into action, tearing furiously up the steps as a map of the Temple and the graphics of the team’s Pendants slide into position onscreen. “He’s got a Pendant, and Loraine has a half—how far can that take them?” Kirk begins, as Darren races up the stairs to the Oasis. “He’s gonna have to push in the trunks of one of those trees to open the doors,” explains Kirk. [2:53] Darren hits the movable section in the trunk of the tree directly to the right of the Temple Guard door, and then the one in the tree to the left of the door. The door to the Seagull Swing immediately springs open, and Darren heads down the stairway lying behind it. “All right, down to the Seagull Swing—he’s got to swing across that water like a seagull!” [2:43] Darren reaches out to grab the rope, then puts his feet up on the rope’s knot and swings across to the opposite ledge. “This guy knows what he’s doing,” says Kirk as Darren hits the actuators to the doors of both the Boneyard and the Eagle’s Nest—but only the door to the Boneyard opens with 2:37 remaining. “All right, he’s heading into the Boneyard…” commentates Kirk, as the camera shows Darren crawling his way into the room. [2:33] “Now he’s gonna have to take those bones and arrange them in order, from shortest to longest!” Darren grabs a bone—the middle bone, and then grabs the longest bone, hanging them up in the correct order the first time. “All right, nice job, Darren!” cheers Kirk. [2:23] Darren finally grabs the shortest bone from the ground, bringing it to the leftmost hook and hanging it up, opening the downward door with 2:20 remaining on the clock.

“Look at this guy motor!” Kirk shouts, as Darren begins to make his way down the ladder to the Ghostly Gorge. He steps down slowly, skipping the last couple rings by jumping down onto the floor, and then steps off the rock platform containing the ladder onto the bridge, which immediately rocks. “All right, eight bats—which one’s gonna open the door?” [2:05] Darren reaches up, grabbing the rightmost bat first and then moving from right to left along the branch. “No,” says Kirk, as Darren pulls down the first bat, “no, no, no, no, YES!” As Darren pulls down the sixth bat, the panel on the left of the room swings open, and Darren crosses the remainder of the creaking bridge and climbs through the open doorway. [1:54] He jumps down into the foam pellets in a single clearing on the right side of the room, but as he is about to climb through the first set of bamboo poles, a TEMPLE GUARD emerges from the center of the room! “Oh, Temple Guard!” Kirk exclaims. “Darren’s giving him the Pendant, it’s all right now…” Darren tosses over his Pendant of Life with 1:50 remaining, then begins to climb through the first layer of bamboo poles and the leaves hanging off them. “It’s hard to see with all that bamboo in your face, sometimes.” [1:40] Darren squeezes his way through two near-vertical poles, and then through the final few poles to the only other clearing in the room, on the left side of it. “He’s heading right into the Forest of the Dragons,” narrates Kirk, as Darren hits the actuator to the upper door leading to the Forest, opening it with a loud rumble.

[1:31] He climbs into the Forest of a Thousand Dragons, ignoring all the dragons and heading straight for the stone wall. “OH!” shouts Kirk as Darren punches down the stone wall with both of his open palms, breaking it down immediately. He climbs into the Sandy Shore with 1:26 left on the clock, navigating some small piles of sand before reaching the small ladder next to the First Mate’s Secret Passage. “Can he get up onto the Passage of… the Mate?” Kirk remarks, forgetting the name of the slide. [1:19] Darren climbs the ladder up to a platform, before climbing onto the slide and standing up slightly, remaining in a crouch position as he begins to make his way up “—the Pirate’s Secret Passage,” Kirk announces, misnaming the slide again. “I hope he doesn’t slip…” Darren continues to climb the slide, hitting the actuator at the top to open the door to the Catfish Cove with 1:08 remaining. “All right, he’s just one room away from the Eye of Horus!” Kirk shouts, as Darren stands up and grabs a fish from the hook on the left wall of the room. “He’s got the fish, now he has to match it to the correct bucket!” Darren places the fish in the left bucket first, feeling around inside it momentarily before moving over to the center bucket. [1:01] “Is that one gonna work?” Kirk says. After nothing happens, Darren finally moves over to the right bucket, placing the fish inside, and the door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey opens.

[0:56] “GO! Grab it!” shouts Kirk, as Darren immediately races through the open door and into the Shrine. He stops for a moment to look around for the artifact, but grabs THE EYE OF HORUS with 52 seconds remaining! “He’s got it!” shouts Kirk as a loud noise indicates that all the doors have automatically opened. “Get outta there! He’s going into the Leopard Room!” Darren heads up the small set of stairs into the Leopard’s Lair, racing through the room in a matter of seconds and then heading up the spiraling stairwell to the Eagle’s Nest. [0:40] He passes through the room quickly, racing down the stairway on the opposite side of the room to the ledge of the Seagull Swing. “He’s gonna have to swing his way back!” shouts Kirk, as the audience gets louder, cheering Darren as he grabs the rope and swings to the opposite ledge with 33 seconds remaining. “Through the Oasis… He’s gonna make it…” Darren races through the Oasis, jogging down the steps behind Olmec, and finally rounding the gate with 25 SECONDS REMAINING to meet an excited Kirk and Loraine!

“HE DID IT!” yells Kirk as the victory music plays and the credits begin to flash in blocks of text at the bottom of the screen. “HE MADE IT! He got it all—they got it all! The camping gear, the drums… they’re going to Space Camp! Oh, my… They did a great job all day… but we’re out of time! See you all next time for more adventure and another great Legend of… the Hidden Temple! Bye!” Kirk, Darren, and Loraine all wave to the camera, and the screen fades to the Stanley Entertainment Group logo, followed by the Nickelodeon Productions Logo as the theme music concludes.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »
Artifact Name: The Eye of Horus
Result: Won!
Time Remaining: 0:25
Pendants Won: 1½

Diagram:

Summary:

The season may have started off on a bad note Temple-Run-wise, but this follow-up more than makes up for it. The players started off by crossing the Rapids by using a path of five vines and a single tightrope below the vines. After about 90 seconds, the four teams to emerge from the crossing were the Red Jaguars, Green Monkeys, Purple Parrots, and Silver Snakes. The legend was about the Ancient Egyptian deity Thoth, who—at least, according to legend—wanted to take over Ra’s job as god of the sun. Ra instead made him the god of the moon, and the moon began to be represented by Thoth’s eye, or the Eye of Horus (the actual artifact was a rock inscribed with the Eye). An interesting legend, to say the least, but it didn’t give much information about Thoth… The Red Jaguars and the Green Monkeys advanced to the Temple Games after a fairly closely-fought round on the Steps.

The Temple Games were fairly entertaining to watch. In the first game, Christian on the Red Jaguars and Darren on the Green Monkeys competed to grab stone blocks from a pedestal by using a rotating lever. Christian beat Darren by two blocks, giving the Red Jaguars a half-Pendant. In the second game, Melissa on the Red Jaguars and Loraine on the Green Monkeys had to cross a grid full of steps that could sink at any moment—much like the game from other episodes, but there are now eight rows and twelve steps per row. This intimidating challenge was not completed, but Loraine did make more progress, giving her the half Pendant of Life. In the final game, the team had to climb the mountain sitting in the corner of the set to “ring Thoth’s doorbell,” or, as Kirk implied, “knock on heaven’s door.” The Green Monkeys did it first, bringing them to a total of a Pendant and a half and sending them to the Temple.

It was all Darren in the Temple Run. He was a fast player who seemed to know what he was doing in almost all of the rooms. He started off in the Oasis, swinging across the Seagull Swing for the very first time (it looks so fun on-camera! :D) and then heading into the Boneyard. Unlike the players in The Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon, Darren knew how to put together the puzzle correctly the first time, and ended up on the bottom floor of the Temple. He then blazed across the bottom floor, climbed up the First Mate’s Secret Passage—which Kirk could absolutely NOT name this particular episode—and completed the Catfish Cove’s objective to grab the Eye of Horus with a healthy 52 seconds left on the clock. He then took the uppermost route out of the Temple. It’s players like Darren and victories like this one that keep Legends: Wild Jungle an exciting program from start to finish.

Side note: I wonder how many people are going to say this entire episode is Satanic without doing their research on the Eye of Horus first. :roll:

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »
I thought the Purple Parrots made it across the Moat, so why are the Barracudas on the Steps of Knowledge instead? :shock:

Other than that noticeable inconsistency, I really liked this one.  I can't really point to too much, though (the Bob Dylan reference was a nice, witty touch), but that was a pretty fast and solid run, and a great follow-up to the Temple Games before it. :)
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!