Author Topic: Wild Jungle EP: The Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon  (Read 342 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Wild Jungle EP: The Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon
« on: February 11, 2011, 08:57:19 PM »
To find more Wild Jungle episodes, click THIS LINK to go to the Official Episode Guide thread!

We see a man in a light blue shirt and blue jeans pacing back and forth in front of a giant stone head, lit with vermilion-colored lamps from below him. The head appears to have a pair of oversized headphones on, and a familiar guitar riff and faint high-pitched vocals can be heard playing.

“Olmec,” says the man, facing the stone. “Turn that off! Josh is gonna be here any moment, and you’ve got to get ready for the new season.

“Relax, Kirk,” replies Olmec as the song now becomes identifiable. “We’ve still got time.” Right then, the sound of a vehicle motor rumbles through the trees.

“He’s here!” shouts Kirk, as he looks to the left of the screen, and suddenly, a safari jeep appears to drive right up in front of the two. A man wearing a green shirt and khakis steps out of the jeep and greets Kirk.

“Hi!”

“Hey, Josh, good to see you!” says Kirk as he gives Josh a high-five, then turns back to Olmec, still listening to his music. “Olmec! Turn that off, we’ve got a show to do.” Olmec remains silent as the music continues to blare. “OLMEC!”

“You know where you are, Josh?” asks Olmec in a deep voice as the music restarts.

“Where am I?” laughs Josh.

“YOU’RE IN THE JUNGLE!” booms Olmec, as the camera zooms in on his face. “LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE: WILD JUNGLE!”

The theme music suddenly begins to play. There is a flash of green lightning, two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s logo, and underneath it the words “Wild Jungle” appear as the Pendant pushes back to allow the rest of the title to appear over it. The background quickly cross-fades to lush greenery as cascading water is heard. The camera then moves towards the right to reveal a channel of bubbling, steamy water, and what appears to be a tropical jungle.

“With your guides, Kirk Fogg, and from Clockwork, Josh Painter!” Olmec then yells. “And here they are now!”

A bamboo gate opens below the audience sections, and Kirk and Josh run out to greet the crowd, crossing a bridge to the other side of the rapidly-moving water. “Thank you very much!” shouts Kirk. “All right, great to see you! Nice to see you too, Olmec. Welcome to a new season of Legends of the Hidden Temple! The rooms are filled with lost treasures that are protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards. Only Olmec knows the legend behind each of the treasures in his Temple. Which one are we gonna hear about today?”

The lights under Olmec switch on as he replies:
“The Legend of The Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon.”

“Whoa, the Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon,” repeats Kirk. “Well, the adventure is set, and one of these six teams will have a chance to retrieve the Scaled Sash—”

The camera segues back to the doorway that Kirk and Josh emerged from moments ago, and the teams come out of it one-by-one as Kirk and Josh take turns introducing them.

“Will it be the Red Jaguars?
“The Blue Barracudas?
“The Green Monkeys?
“The Orange Iguanas?
“The Purple Parrots?
“Or the Silver Snakes?”

“Well, I’ve learned one thing from watching your show, Kirk,” says Josh, “and it’s that these teams will have to pass physical and mental tests, and in the end, there’s only one team going to Olmec’s Temple.”

“That’s right,” answers Kirk, “but first, they’ll have to cross our brand-new Rapids, and Olmec will tell us how they’ll have to do it today.” The camera zooms in on Olmec’s face as a small animated representation of the game appears in the corner of the screen.

Olmec instructs:
“Before you, a tightrope stretches across the Rapids, and above it hangs five vines. When Kirk gives the signal, the first player will step on to the tightrope and hold on to the first vine. Then, make your way over to the next vine and continue your way down to the other side. If you fall into the water, you must return to the beginning and start again. Both partners must cross the Rapids in this same way, and when both partners are safely on the other side, hit your gong to finish!” The camera rapidly zooms out all the way to the Red Jaguars’ gong, which Kirk slams down on to demonstrate.

“The first four teams to hit their gongs will advance to the next round,” finishes Olmec.

“Hey, teams!” yells Kirk, who is standing on the wooden bridge at the front end of the Rapids. “Are you ready?”

The teams all shout and cheer in response.

“I know Josh is ready,” continues Kirk, “but Olmec, are you ready?”

“Wake up, it’s time to cross the Rapids!” booms Olmec.

“You heard the rock,” says Kirk. “Josh, since this is our season premiere, you can kick off the Rapids…”

“My pleasure,” replies Josh. “Hey, teams! On your mark... get set… GOOOOO!”

On this word, the first player on each team begins to cross the Rapids, each one reaching out for a vine before stepping on the tightrope, as the bubbling water below steadily flows. “Remember, they’re on the Rapids now,” reminds Kirk. “It’s gonna be a lot harder to get back if they do fall in—oh, and the Orange Iguanas fall!” The girl on the Orange Iguanas indeed does lose her balance and tumbles into the water, and wades her way back with difficulty. “I think the Red Jaguars are doing a good job,” commentates Josh, as we see the boy on the Red Jaguars walk his way across with ease, making smooth transitions from one vine to another, and is on the deck in less than 20 seconds into the round. “All right, they’ve got one player across—now it’s time for their partner to come across too,” explains Kirk. The boys on the Purple Parrots and Silver Snakes are the next players across, followed by the girl on the Green Monkeys, who all begin cheering for their partners to come over. “Those Blue Barracudas—having a bit of trouble there, I think,” says Josh. “Mm, definitely,” agrees Kirk. “But remember, that rope REALLY starts to hang down near the middle.”

The camera segues back to the girl on the Orange Iguanas, who is now soaking wet, but makes it onto the deck as the fifth player over—but a gong sounds. “Red Jaguars are in!” shouts Kirk as we see a shot of the Red Jaguars high-fiving each other atop their small rock platform on which their gong is mounted on. “Oh, I like the way she is moving there, right there on the Silver Snakes,” comments Josh. “I think they might be our second team.” The Silver Snakes race up the wooden staircase onto their platform, and the girl on the team slams down on the gong roughly a minute into the round. The boy on the Orange Iguanas has trouble getting across the middle portion of the rope—the loosest portion, which is now hanging down into the water, causing him to be very shaky. Meanwhile, the girl on the Purple Parrots finishes crossing and races up the stairs, followed by her partner, and they both hit their gong together. “Purple Parrots are in!” announces Kirk. “We’re looking for one m—” He is interrupted by the sound of the Green Monkeys’ gong. “That’s it! We’ve got our four teams!”

We then see Kirk and Josh, still standing on the wooden bridge. “I think that went well,” laughs Josh.

“Yeah, I think so,” replies Kirk. “Going on to the Steps of Knowledge are the Red Jaguars—and the Green Monkeys—and the Purple Parrots—and the Silver Snakes.”

“We musn’t forget about our Orange Iguanas and Blue Barracudas—they did a great job too,” Josh then says. “We do have a nice parting gift for them—tell us what it is, Olmec!”

We see a close-up of Olmec’s face, and as he speaks, the prize plug covers the screen:
“You will now be able to tell time by splitting open a Pendant of Life on your new Legends of the Hidden Temple WATCH! A custom-made digital sports watch design from Casio.”

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Re: Wild Jungle EP: The Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:57:45 PM »
The screen transitions to a shot of the four remaining teams atop the Steps of Knowledge. “As the quest continues,” says Kirk, “it’s now time for Olmec to tell us about The Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon. But teams—pay attention, because your knowledge of the legend can bring you a step closer to Olmec’s Temple.”

Olmec begins to tell the legend:
“In the small Japanese village of Shin-K?ry?, there was never an end to the bad weather. It would rain for days without end, and cause huge floods. Yet not one of its villagers left it for some place better because of the legendary rain dragon that was said to be the cause of the village’s misfortune.

“‘Why not leave?’ asked a hiker that was visiting the village.

“‘The rain dragon,’ replied an old woman, who was the village’s best storyteller. ‘It is in the cave in the side of our mountain, and it will not let anyone leave this place.’

“‘Well, that sounds ridiculous!’ said the hiker’s friend, who happened to be a hunter. ‘Even if there is this dragon, we can have it for dinner—no problem!’

“That night, the pair climbed down the mountain to the dragon’s cave.

“‘Hey, dragy-drag-dragon!’

“They heard a roar, and a massive storm began as the dragon woke from its slumber. But before it could attack, the hunter killed the dragon with his sword, and took back a large portion of its scaly skin to the villagers as proof.

“‘The dragon is gone!’ shouted the pair of men, brandishing the dragon skin in the air. ‘You are free!’

“The villagers cheered, but decided to stay, and they turned the dragon skin into a sash that later made its way to the Temple! Your quest is to find the Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon and bring it back here.”

“Thank you Olmec,” says Josh after a short pause. “So where is the Sash?”

“The Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon can be found… in the Catfish Cove!” reveals Olmec. The camera moves along the top floor of the Temple, stopping in front of the Catfish Cove, then fades to a close-up of the sash, in place of the center bucket.

“Ooh, the Catfish Cove,” says Kirk in response. “Teams—you are now standing on the Steps of Knowledge. In a minute, Olmec’s gonna ask you a question. If you think you know the answer, stomp down on the ancient marking in front of you. If you’re right, you’ll move down to the next level, but if you’re wrong or run out of time, I’m gonna have to give the other teams a chance to answer. The first two teams that make it to the bottom level—” Kirk runs down the steps, then walks out of view “—will be one step closer to Olmec’s Temple. Olmec, we’re now ready for your first question…”

Olmec asks: “In the village of Shin- K?ry?, what was always present: bad culture, bad weather, or bad apples?”
The Red Jaguars are first to stomp down: “Bad weather?”
“That is correct,” says Olmec.
“Okay, step down, Red Jaguars,” instructs Kirk, allowing them down to the second step. “Next question.”

Olmec asks: “Which of these disasters were most common in the village: floods, earthquakes, or typhoons?”
The Green Monkeys ring in: “Floods?”
“That is correct,” declares Olmec.
“All right, the Green Monkeys are also on the second step,” announces Josh, as the Green Monkeys also move down to the second step. “Olmec, next question.”

Olmec asks: “According to our legend, what was the cause of the bad weather: an endless cloud, a dragon—”
The Green Monkeys stomp down again: “A dragon!”
“That is correct,” replies Olmec.
“And just like that, the Green Monkeys are one step away from Olmec’s Temple!” says Kirk in response. “Next question…”

Olmec asks: “Is the capital of Japan: Osaka, Tokyo, or Shanghai?”
The Purple Parrots ring in: “Tokyo?”
“That is correct,” answers Olmec.
“Purple Parrots, one question down—two more to go to get to those Temple Games,” commentates Josh. “Next question!”

Olmec asks: “Did the Rain Dragon live: in a cave, in a cloud, or in an apartment?”
The Silver Snakes buzz in: “A cave!”
“That is correct,” replies Olmec.
“All right, the Silver Snakes are on the board,” says Kirk as the Silver Snakes move down to the third step. “Next question, Olmec.”

Olmec asks: “Japan is a country made up of over 1,000 islands. Is a chain of islands known as: a peninsula, an archipelago, or a—”
The Silver Snakes hit their marking: “A peninsula?”
“Incorrect,” says Olmec. “The other choice was—”
The Purple Parrots interrupt: “An archipl—archipelago.”
“That… is correct,” declares Olmec.
“It’s a tough word to say, though,” remarks Josh, as the Purple Parrots move down to the third step. “Archipelago! Archipelago! Okay, next question!”

Olmec asks: “Which of these famous volcanoes is located on Japan: Mount Krakatoa, Mount Fuji—”
The Green Monkeys ring in: “Mount Fuji!”
“That is correct!” yells Olmec.

“We’ve got our first team going on to the Temple Games!” shouts Kirk. “It’s the Green Monkeys—they’re excited!” Kirk pauses for brief applause as the Green Monkeys hug and high-ten in celebration.

“Remember though, we’ve still got room for one more team,” he then reminds. “Still plenty of time left. Olmec, next question.”

Olmec asks: “Were the pair of visitors to Shin- K?ry?: a hiker and a sailor, a hiker and a hunter, or a sailor and a fruit-picker?”
The Purple Parrots stomp down: “Uh… a hiker and a hunter?”
“You got it, kids!” booms Olmec.

“And we’ve got our teams going to the Temple Games!” yells Josh, as he and Kirk run over to the bottom step. “The Green Monkeys—” He pauses to give the players high-fives, then continues. “—and the Purple Parrots! Nice job!” The audience applauds as the camera shows close-ups of the two teams.

“The Red Jaguars and Silver Snakes gave it a great effort, though,” Kirk then says. “We have a great gift for them, and Olmec will tell us what it is!”

Olmec begins to speak as a prize plug covers the screen:
“You’ve just won a Legends of the Hidden Temple backpack each! Custom-designed and made to fit, never venture anywhere without the wildest backpack in the world! A product… of Jansport.”

The prize plug cuts away to reveal the remaining two teams on the bottom step. “These two teams are gonna be playing for the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple,” shouts Kirk, “and they’re gonna be doing it… right after this!” We fade to a shot of a hand-held camera panning through the various team gongs—some lit, some unlit—and stopping in front of the Green Monkeys’. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 08:59:09 PM »
When the screen fades back in, we see a close-up shot of two shrubs in the audience sections, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk, Josh, and the two teams standing in front of Olmec.

“Welcome back to Legends,” says Kirk. “Now the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest… so before we get started, let’s meet our teams.”

Kirk turns to the girl on the Green Monkeys, short with dark hair and dark brown eyes. “On the Green Monkeys,” he begins, “we have Megan. It says here that you swim and dive. Tell me about that.”

“Um, I swim competitively, but the diving’s just for fun… like with my friends, and stuff,” she explains.

“Oh, okay,” says Kirk in response. “Do you have a best event?”

“Uh, yeah—backstroke,” Megan answers.

“Okay,” replies Kirk, turning to Megan’s partner—a slightly taller boy with blue eyes and short blonde hair. “And over here, we have Max. Max, you tell me that you’re a big fan of classic rock, but you’re also in a band—tell me about that.”

“Oh, um, I play guitar, so I just wanted to start a band,” explains Max. “I’m lead guitarist and vocalist.”

“All right, sounds cool,” comments Kirk. “Let’s hear it for the Green Monkeys!” Megan and Max both yell and clap as the audience cheers for them. “And, Josh, who’s on the team you have there?”

“I’ve got the Purple Parrots,” Josh answers, “and on the Purple Parrots, we’ve got Coleen.” He turns to a tall girl with long blonde hair tied back in a ponytail and blue eyes. “You are… a gymnast, it says here. Tell me about that.”

“Yeah, my mom put me in gymnastics when I was five,” she explains, “and I didn’t want to do it, but I ended up liking it a lot.”

“You’ve got to be really, uh, flexible then, huh?” says Josh.

“Uh, yeah, kinda,” laughs Coleen in response.

“Okay, well, let’s see if that can help you to Olmec’s Temple,” Josh then says, turning to a tall black boy with a buzz cut and dark brown eyes. “Also, we have Adrian—you’re a basketball player, but you also want to become a veterinarian. Why’s that so?”

“Oh, I like animals,” he explains, “and I wanna… help animals, you know, if they’re hurt, or sick, or something.”

“That sounds very nice,” remarks Josh. “I hope you’ll be able to become one. Give it up for the Purple Parrots!” The audience once again cheers briefly, this time for the Purple Parrots.

“You guys ready to play?” Kirk then asks. The players shout and cheer in response. “Okay, then go get ready for your games, and I’ll explain what’s gonna happen—” Kirk and Josh point the players in different directions, and then Josh and the players disappear off-screen, leaving Kirk facing the camera.

“In the temple games,” he explains, “teams are competing to win these Pendants of Life—” Kirk grabs a pendant out of his pouch and holds it up to the camera. “The winning team will need those Pendants to protect themselves from the dreaded Temple Guards, as they make their way through the Temple. There are three Temple Games, and Olmec will tell us about Temple Game #1.”

The lights beneath Olmec turn on as he begins:
“Shin-K?ry? might not have known how to protect themselves against floods, but most people today do. Today, you’ll be building a wall around this Japanese village to protect it from floods. When Kirk gives the signal, run around, jump up, and grab a stone block. Then, spin back around, drop it in your bin, and do it again. The team that collects the most stone blocks at the end of 60 seconds wins.”

“Hope there won’t be an actual flood,” mutters Kirk. “Let’s put 60 seconds on the clock!”

A countdown timer with Olmec’s face on the side of it lands in the bottom-right corner of the screen. “On your marks,” begins Kirk, “get set… GO!”

Max and Adrian immediately push their feet off the ground and begin to spin their levers, both unable to jump up and grab a block their first time past the pedestal. “This is a game of momentum,” says Josh. “If our players don’t get the rhythm, they won’t be able to grab the blocks,” he explains, as Adrian is the first player to grab a block, bringing it round and dropping it in his basket with 52 seconds left. “Mm, that’s right,” agrees Kirk. “Purple Parrots have got one—Green Monkeys missed, but maybe they can make up for lost time now…” Max grabs a block, but as he swings around his basket, he drops it a little too early and it falls on the floor. “Nope, gonna have to try again,” narrates Kirk as the score becomes 2-0 Purple. [0:42] Max finally drops his first block into his basket, but continues to trail by two blocks, as Adrian drops a third block into his basket when the clock reaches 38 seconds.

“Purple seems to have a nice, slow, steady rhythm,” remarks Josh. “The Green Monkeys just seem to be losing their rhythm right now…” [0:32] Max is now bouncing off the floor at the wrong moments—about halfway in between the basket and the column on both sides—while Adrian continues to add more blocks to his basket, bringing the score up to 5-2 with 24 seconds remaining. “I think it’s going to be a landslide victory—maybe, maybe not,” comments Josh, as Max finally drops a third block into his basket. “Well, we’ll see—it could come right down to the end, like many games have,” explains Kirk. [0:15] The score is now 6-3, with Adrian still keeping his steady momentum, swinging around and bouncing up exactly before the pedestal to grab the blocks—but he misses trying to get a block that is positioned slightly further away. With 10 seconds remaining, Max accidentally knocks off a block from his column, and Adrian drops a seventh block into his basket. “Just a few more seconds, I believe…” announces Josh, as Max and Adrian both grab a block at about the same time—but TIME IS UP before they can drop them!

“Time’s up!” shouts Kirk as the clock explodes. “That’s it! Stop them—” Kirk pauses momentarily while the spotters chase after the players and stop their levers. “Let’s count up the scores…”

Kirk walks over to the Purple Parrots’ basket, throwing the blocks out on the floor as he counts them. “We’ve got one… two… three… four… five… six blocks! And how many on the Green side, Josh?”

“Well, we’ve got one…” begins Josh, as he counts too, “two… three blocks. That means that the Purple Parrots win this game and get a half-a-Pendant of Life!” The audience cheers as a small scoreboard appears in the corner, with a half-Pendant under Purple and an empty space below Green.

“But remember,” reminds Kirk. “Our next game is also worth a half-Pendant—the Green Monkeys can always catch up in this next one. Olmec, tell us about it.”

The camera cuts back to Olmec as he explains:
“The villagers of Shin-K?ry? were always in constant fear that a terrible storm would cause floods in their village. Today, you will have to cross one of the village’s most treacherous areas—its valley. When Kirk gives the signal, choose one of the steps from the many that lie in front of you. If it stays still, choose another step and move on, but if it sinks into the water, you must return to the beginning and start again. The first team to find the correct path and have both feet on the opposite end—or the team that’s further along at the end of 60 seconds—wins.”

“It’s a minefield of steps,” remarks Josh. “Let’s see how the players will handle it. Uh… 60 seconds… on the clock!”

The clock lands in the corner of the screen with a bang. “On your mark,” shouts Josh, “get set… GOOOO!”

A heavy drum riff kicks off the players—Megan on the Green Monkeys stepping on a sinking step immediately, dropping into the pool below. “Oh, she has to drop down to go back—that water looks punishing,” narrates Josh. “It is indeed,” replies Kirk, as we see Coleen sink on the third step that she tries. [0:51] By now, Megan is beginning again, choosing the step beside the sinking one to start, and then moving on to one diagonally to the left of it with 47 seconds remaining. “The Purple Parrots are doing great, out in front,” commentates Kirk. We see Coleen about a third of the way across the field of steps, but steps on a sinking steps and has to start again. “Oh! Back into the water! That’s going to be a really time-consuming swim back to the beginning,” says Josh.

[0:33] “Okay, here she comes… one… two… three steps, still not falling in,” narrates Kirk as the camera zooms in on Coleen, making her way across a third time. Meanwhile, Megan falls in a third time about ¾ of the way across the field, and reluctantly lets go of the pole, wading her way back to the starting platform. “Just a few more steps—will Coleen make it?” asks Josh rhetorically with 26 seconds left on the clock, as Megan climbs back up onto the deck at the end of the pool. “I think Coleen’s gonna make it, Kirk,” observes Josh, as the camera zooms in on her, two rows of steps away from the end. [0:21] “Me too,” agrees Kirk, as he watches Coleen step onto a step in the penultimate row, hesitating awhile before randomly choosing a last step—and it stays intact! “Yes! She’s made it!” shouts Kirk as Coleen steps off and onto the opposite deck, ending the game with 16 seconds to go.

“That’s it!” shouts Kirk, as he runs over to the end platform of the game, which Megan is pulling herself up onto. “All right, nice job… you can come on down over here to Josh…”

Kirk, Coleen, and Megan walk over to Josh, standing slightly further away from the game. “All right, good job, girls,” praises Josh. “Coleen, you made it to the end first, so you get your team another half Pendant of Life!” The audience cheers as the scoreboard appears in the corner, with a full Pendant now filling the space under Purple.

“So now the Purple Parrots have a full Pendant,” recounts Kirk, “and the Green Monkeys don’t have any yet, but they still can catch up in the next game. It’s worth a full Pendant—Olmec, tell us about it.”

We see a close-up of Olmec as he speaks:
“The two men that killed the Rain Dragon had a long climb up the mountain to get to the Dragon’s cave. Today, you will be recreating that difficult climb on our own mountain. When Kirk gives the signal, the first player will climb up their own side of the mountain with their sword, making sure to avoid the boulders and obstacles. When the first player reaches the halfway point, the second player will take the sword and climb the cliffs of the mountain. When you reach the top of the mountain, grab the sword and place it inside the hole in the dragon. The first team to reach the top—and slay the dragon—wins.”

“A great new Temple Game, right here,” explains Kirk, “right here on our brand-new mountain. Let’s get in position, players! And… on your marks, get set… GO!”

On Kirk’s signal, the girls begin to race up a set of paths zig-zagging through the base of the mountain, each tipping down slightly as they are stepped on. “Those are difficult,” explains Kirk. “They’re gonna want to trip those players up—but they’ve got to keep moving if they want to go to that Temple!” As she rounds the third corner on her route, Megan is tripped by the tipping path, mis-stepping and falling briefly, allowing Coleen to round her fourth—and last—corner up to the ledge halfway up the mountain. “Okay, now that second Purple Parrot can begin the climb up the cliff,” narrates Josh, as Coleen hands Adrian the sword. “It’s gonna be a difficult climb with a sword in your belt!” Adrian slips the sword into the space on his belt and then begins to climb the Cliff, right as Megan hands Max her team’s sword.

“It’s gonna be a close race to the finish!” shouts Kirk, about 30 seconds into the game, as Adrian continues to power his way up the cliff, hand-over-hand on the grips. “It’s neck-and-neck right now,” commentates Josh, as the camera shows Max’s hands just inches away from Adrian’s in terms of height. “… but it looks like it might be Purple!” Josh then shouts, as the camera zooms in on Adrian, pulling himself up onto the top ledge. “Just gotta jam that sword—” says Kirk, but is interrupted by a loud roar as Adrian sticks the sword into the slit in his team dragon’s body to end the game.

“We’ve got it!” announces Josh, as we cut back to him running to the base of the mountain with Kirk, looking up at the players at the peak of the mountain; the audience continues to cheer loudly.

“Wow—what an exciting finish!” exclaims Kirk as the audience finally quiets down. “The Purple Parrots made it all the way to the top to finally slay the dreaded Rain Dragon, so they get the full Pendant of Life! That gives them two—they’re going to the Temple!” The audience explodes in applause as the camera zooms in quickly on the Purple Parrots—now united at the mid-point—who hug and high-ten. As they do so, the scoreboard comes up in the corner again—reading 2-0 Purple and the Purple side’s border flashing a bright yellow.

“We musn’t forget that our Green Monkey team did an awesome job too,” adds Josh. “We’ve got a nice parting gift for them because they gave it a great effort, and uh… Olmec will tell us what it is! Olmec?”

Olmec announces the prize as a picture of it appears onscreen:
“You will now be able to trek back home with some new shoes which you can buy with your Skechers Footwear savings bond! Skechers—it’s the ‘S’.”

The screen fades to reveal Kirk, Josh, and the Purple Parrots all standing atop the mountain. “Now we’re gonna see if the Purple Parrots can make it through Olmec’s Temple,” shouts Kirk, “retrieve that Sash of the Rain Dragon… right after this!” The camera quickly swivels away from him to face the Temple, zooming in on the Boneyard. Two halves of a Pendant of Life crash together to form the show’s titlecard, the words “Wild Jungle” appear under it, and then the screen fades to commercial.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 08:59:29 PM »
When the screen fades back in, we see the camera focused on a small pile of rocks near the beginning of the Rapids, with the show’s logo in the corner and the words “Wild Jungle” next to it. The Pendant and the words shatter and spin off in different directions, and the camera zooms out before fading back to Kirk, Josh, and the Purple Parrots standing at the base of the Temple steps.

“Welcome back to Legends!” says Kirk. “The Purple Parrots have proven themselves worthy and now have earned the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, Olmec’s gonna give them some information on how to retrieve The Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon.”

The lights underneath Olmec turn on as he explains:
“You might begin by running up the stairs to the Oasis.” A computer animation of the Temple now appears onscreen to illustrate each room’s objective. “Push in the correct tree, and fly across the water on the Seagull Swing! You could race up to the Eagle’s Nest, and smash the correct egg to find the key, which will lead you… into the Boneyard. Hang the bones in the right pattern, and pass into the Leopard’s Lair. Place the pieces hide to complete the pattern, and open the door to the SHRIIIIIINE… of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the statue, and you may be headed for Catfish Cove. Place the fish in the correct bucket, and open the door to the First Mate’s… Secret Passage.

“Slide down the tunnel to the Sandy Shore, where you could smash through the wall to the Forest of a Thousand Dragons! Find the key in the dragons’ mouths—but be careful! One of the dragons might be inhabited by the spirit of a Temple Guard. If they grab you, you’ll have to give up a Pendant of Life. Next, crawl into the Bamboo Forest. If you escape, you might have a chance to enter the Ghostly Gorge. Pull down the correct bat from the branch, and crawl back through the Secret Spring.

“Then, climb… through the Quartzite Canyon, race down the stairs… and back to the Temple Gate. The choices are yours and yours alone!” The animation fades back to a far shot of Kirk, Josh, and the Purple Parrots standing before Olmec.

“You won two Pendants in the Temple Games,” Olmec then says. “Who’s going first?”

“I am!” calls Coleen.

“Very WELL, Coleen!” replies Olmec. “When Kirk gives the signal, you’ll race through the gates into the Temple and make your way towards the Scaled Sash. Protecting three specific rooms of the Temple are the Temple Guards. If you are caught, you may trade your Pendant for an extra life and go on… but if you’re caught without a Pendant, you’ll be taken out of the Temple, and it will be Adrian’s turn to enter and try his luck. When you grab the Scaled Sash, all of the doors of the Temple will instantly open and the Temple Guards will vanish. Return through the gates with the Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon in three minutes, and you will be handsomely rewarded with these prizes!”

Olmec then reads the prizes as prize plugs cover the screen one after another:
•   For just entering my Temple, you will both receive a Diamondback bike! This all-terrain mountain bicycle come with a lightweight aluminum body and 24 speed combinations.
•   If you can grab the Scaled Sash before three minutes is up, you will also receive a drum set! This Schafer five-piece drum set comes with hardware and cymbals designed by Schafer & Sons.
•   If you can bring the Scaled Sash out of my Temple in less than three minutes, you will both be embarking on a seven-day trip aboard the Nickelodeon Cruise! The Nickelodeon Cruise, aboard Freedom of the Seas, the most innovative cruise ship in the world.

“—all to be won today if you can prove yourselves to be Legends of the Hidden Temple!” finishes Olmec loudly as the audience cheers. The camera fades back to Kirk, Josh, and the Purple Parrots standing before the Temple steps.

“That’s a lot of stuff to be won,” remarks Josh. “I sure would like to see this season start off with these Purple Parrots winning all of that.”

“I sure would too,” agrees Kirk, turning back to Coleen, “so get in position… put your mouthpieces in… And let’s set that clock for three minutes!”

The clock—now set at 3:00—slams down into the corner of the screen. “Olmec,” continues Kirk, “lower your gate.” The gate beside Olmec lowers as he lets out a low growl, and the lights below him switch off.

“You do the honors, Josh,” instructs Kirk.

“Sure glad I can, Kirk,” replies Josh. “All right, Coleen—on your mark, get set… GOOOOO!”

Coleen immediately begins to run up the Temple steps, passing Olmec and rounding the corner. “Into the Temple she goes,” commentates Kirk. “She’s going down—down into the Canyon, the Quartzite Canyon.” Coleen squeezes her way through the entrance of the room, and then begins crawling down deeper into the room. “There she moves—she’s opened a door!” shouts Josh as Coleen hits the actuator to the door of the Secret Spring. [2:54] She then scrambles her way down the crawl tube, entering the Secret Spring with 2:49 left on the clock. “She’s gonna go for that bottom door,” narrates Josh, as Coleen wades over to the door of the Ghostly Gorge, and hits its actuator. “—oh, but it won’t open,” finishes Kirk. “She’s gonna have to go up, I guess…” Coleen puts her hands into the handholds along the room’s left wall, and begins to climb up. [2:38] After some trouble, she finally reaches the top ledge of the room, pulling herself up and hitting the actuator to open the Boneyard’s door with 2:33 remaining. “Nice move, now she’s motorin’!” shouts Kirk, as Coleen enters the Boneyard—but before she can make a move, a TEMPLE GUARD jumps out from the back of the room!

“OH! Oh, man!” exclaims a startled Josh as the Temple Guard takes the Pendant out of Coleen’s shaking hands. “That really scared me, and it must have thrown her, too!” he then shouts, as Coleen then grabs the first bone out of the ground with 2:20 on the clock. “Happens all the time, Josh,” laughs Kirk. “But she’s still trying to get those bones up…” The camera zooms in on Coleen, putting the middle-sized bone on the far right hook and not knowing what to do with the longest one. [2:15] “You got to put the longest one on the right, and the shortest one on the left!” shouts Kirk from the sidelines. “You’ve got to put them from shortest to longest…” Coleen switches the two bones with a little difficulty, finally grabbing the shortest bone with 2:09 remaining. “Now just that one more bone and I have a feeling a door’s gonna open up…” remarks Josh. Indeed, as Coleen hangs the shortest bone on the leftmost hook, opening the door to the Leopard’s Lair. [2:04] “All right, finally done—now she’s going into the Leopard’s Lair,” narrates Kirk, as she crawls through the space in between the rooms. “Now she’s in there,” says Josh, as Coleen emerges from the doorway, standing up and making her through the room—but from the center of the leopard-skin puzzle on the wall, a panel flips over and a second TEMPLE GUARD captures her with 1:58 on the clock!

“Whoa! Another one! Go, Adrian!” yells Josh, as Adrian takes off into the Temple. “He’s got a lot of time to make up, now—let’s see if he can make it to that Sash!” Adrian slides down into the Quartzite Canyon, navigating his way through the rock ledges and crawling his way down the lower crawl tube to the Secret Spring. [1:46] “All right, now the climb—this could be a difficult part,” comments Kirk, as Adrian begins climbing the wall, reaching the top ledge with 1:33 remaining. “—but he’s up!” shouts Josh. “That door’s already open, so he’s heading in…” Adrian crawls his way through the Boneyard, standing up momentarily, but then ducking down again to enter a second crawl space. [1:27] “Now he’s in the Leopard’s Lair,” narrates Kirk, as Adrian enters the room with 1:23 on the clock, looking confused. “You have to grab those pieces at the front of the room, Adrian… you have to— The pieces at the front! Get the pieces from the front!” After trying to pry off sections of the wall, Adrian finally picks up one of the puzzle pieces from the front—a piece with five spots on it. “Now here’s the hard part—finding which part of the puzzle it belongs to,” comments Josh.

“That’s right, but remember—there’s one spot that will line up with another spot on the other piece next to it,” explains Kirk. [1:11] Adrian holds the piece in front of all three holes in the wall, trying to figure out which hole it would fit into. He finally matches up the half of the spot on that piece with its other half on the top-left corner piece, and he places it in the leftmost hole on the second row with 1:04 remaining. “Okay, he’s got one—two left to match up,” says Josh, as Adrian grabs a second puzzle piece and holds it up in front of the puzzle again, trying to match the spots. “This one seems to be giving him some trouble, Kirk,” cries Josh, as Adrian flips the piece over twice, trying to align it. “It seems to be,” agrees Kirk, as Adrian finally places it in the hole at the very center of the puzzle—but it’s in the wrong position! [0:58] “I don’t think that one’s right…” says Kirk, as Adrian goes on to place the third piece in the bottom-right corner hole. “Yeah, those two need to be switched,” declares Josh, as Adrian tries to look for an open door. [0:53] “Switch the corner one with the center one…” Adrian pulls out the piece that he put into the bottom-right corner, and then grabs the piece that he put in the center hole. “All right, now he’s got it,” remarks Kirk, as Adrian flips the piece to align it properly, and then pushes it into place with 46 seconds remaining. He then grabs the last remaining piece and places it in the center—but the doors still don’t open! “Turn it around!” shouts Kirk, prompting Adrian to pull the piece back out, turn it 90 degrees clockwise, and then push it back in—and the door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey finally opens!

[0:38] Adrian pushes aside the cloud of mist that has formed in the Shrine, searching for the shelves containing the monkey’s sections. “All right, I’m sure you know about this one, Josh,” laughs Kirk, as Adrian grabs the base of the monkey. “First the base… then the middle… and then the head…” With 31 seconds on the clock, Adrian grabs the middle piece of the monkey, and then tries to place it on the base—but it’s upside-down. “Oh, that monkey’s giving him some trouble,” commentates Josh, as Adrian continues to play with the middle, turning it around, but still leaving it upside-down. “There’s got to be SOME way that lets it fit…” [0:24] Adrian continues to turn the middle, stopping in almost every single direction and still trying to force the middle piece down. “It’s upside-down, I think!” Kirk shouts, and a few seconds later, Adrian finally tries turning it right-side up, fitting it on the base with 15 seconds on the clock. “Now just that last piece and he’ll be in the room with the Sash!” announces Josh. Adrian has trouble in the thick mist filling the room, but identifies the head of the monkey and grabs it with nine seconds remaining. “Just a few more seconds—can he make it?” cries Kirk, as the audience counts down. [0:06] Adrian pushes the head down—but it doesn’t fit—and then turns it around, finally jamming the head down correctly and opening the door to the Catfish Cove with the sound of bats screeching—but we’re OUT OF TIME!

“Oh…” groans Kirk, as the credits begin to flash in blocks of text at the bottom of the screen. “He was so close! Just one room away from that Scaled Sash… He did a great job, though, and so did Coleen, right here… they still get the… uh, bikes, though. We’re out of time—I had a great time, and thank you Josh, for coming down here with us…”

“Thank you for letting me be on this show,” replies Josh.

“No problem,” says Kirk in response. “Check us out next time for another great Legend of the Hidden Temple! Buh-bye!” Kirk, Josh, and Coleen all wave to the camera, and the screen fades to the Stanley Entertainment Group logo, followed by the Nickelodeon Productions Logo as the theme music concludes.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 08:59:56 PM »
Artifact Name: The Scaled Sash of the Rain Dragon
Result: Ran out of Time
Time Remaining: N/A
Pendants Won: 2

Diagram:

Summary:

Great season premiere—which was worth all the hype that Nickelodeon was building up since the end of the second season last year—but a not-so-great Temple Run indeed, a (very large and noticeable, unfortunately) blemish on an otherwise good episode.

To start off the season, Olmec and Kirk parodied the Guns N’ Roses classic “Welcome to the Jungle” AND they brought Josh Painter from Clockwork in, whose exciting personality brought a lot of life to the show. The set is gigantic—I swear that they’ve changed soundstage—and there is so much more scenery on it. Also, the Rapids and all three Temple Games have little animations explaining the challenges in the corner of the screen, while the Temple uses a full-screen version of a similar animation complete with sound effects. There’s also an onscreen scoreboard at the end of each Temple Game.

Now, on to the episode itself. :P To begin, the teams crossed the newly-transformed Moat—now known as “The Rapids”—by holding on to vines hanging from above while stepping on a long tightrope below their feet. The teams to advance were the Red Jaguars, Green Monkeys, Purple Parrots, and Silver Snakes. The legend for this episode was very fantasy-based, to say the least—much more of a folktale rather than a legend, but still, it was different and entertaining. After a fairly quick match, the Purple Parrots and Green Monkeys advanced to the Temple Games.

The Temple Games, however, were awfully one-sided, but one was completely new, and another had an interesting twist to its predecessor. In the first game, the boys played the spinning lever game, collecting blocks to protect a village from flooding. In the second game, the girls had to find the correct path through the grid of sinking steps—except that the thing was gigantic—with eight rows instead of the three from the original version of the game from Season 3 of the original show, there was water placed beneath the steps, and falling in would mean a long swim back to the beginning to try again. And in the third, a two-part race up a mountain concluded the round with a 2-0 shutout from the Purple Parrots.

Now, the diagram makes it look like an incredibly easy run, but I can tell you this right now: Boneyard + Leopard’s Lair + Shrine = HARDEST. LAYOUT. EVER. To get to the Sash, the team would have to pass through the three most difficult rooms in the layout, and they just couldn’t handle it. The frontrunner, Coleen, was speedy, and made good progress… but she wasn’t a climber, causing problems in the Secret Spring, and took about half a minute to figure out the objective of the Boneyard. Nevertheless, she was taken out in the next room, leaving it up to Adrian… who wasn’t as fast and was completely lost in the Leopard’s Lair! It took Adrian FORTY-FIVE FREAKING SECONDS to complete the objective of the room, which involved a lot of switching between pieces. I just pray that this will be the worst completion of the room this season, but I have a bad feeling that it won’t be. He then couldn’t complete the Silver Monkey in time to grab the Scaled Sash. A fairly disappointing end to a built-up episode, but I’ll deal with it. :)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 10:13:55 PM »
Welp, I gotta admit I like the evolution of the Moat into the Rapids, the accompanying changes to the scenery and the new visual features like the little animations and the scoreboards.  Based on just this one episode, I definitely think you've really worked hard to make this new season more original still, and I can't wait for the next episodes. :D

But as a side, can we expect to see some visuals of what the new set looks like, or a representation of some of those animations? ;P
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 10:21:14 PM »
Oh, definitely. I'm working on adding details to a drawing of the new set (keep in mind that I'm not the best artist, so you'll have do deal with what I can do :P) and I'm definitely going to make some of the new graphics that are being used this season.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 01:36:00 AM »
Very impressive.  It's apparent of all the work you put into this, and I really enjoyed reading it, even with the Temple Run being so...unfortunate.

Great work, and I honestly cannot wait for the rest!
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper