Author Topic: The Official Daily Diary (TODD) Thread  (Read 4099 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Re: The Official Daily Diary (TODD) Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 04:12:13 PM »
Anybody who ever blasts their music around here is always a fan of hip-hop, techno or electropop garbage.
I wonder how often they play Lady Gaga garbage.

I think most of the time it's been the last one, it was probably more along the lines of Ke$ha.  I haven't heard anyone blasting "Alejandro" yet... Admittedly, I'd rather hear that than "TiK ToK," but it's still inconsiderate either way.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:13:01 PM by The Ancient Warrior »
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 12:07:01 AM »
I've been waiting for an article like this.

So I guess this means that I'll be the one majoring in art now that most of us are in college.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 01:21:07 AM »
Lucky.  I didn't really have the background or the training to take that up as a major; it's always been more of a hobby for me than anything else, but now I'm wondering if I should've put a portfolio together anyway three years ago. D:
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 03:33:41 AM »
Lucky.  I didn't really have the background or the training to take that up as a major; it's always been more of a hobby for me than anything else, but now I'm wondering if I should've put a portfolio together anyway three years ago. D:

Yeah, it took a strange turn for me to finally decide to become an art major, considering I don't need a portfolio in order to major in Conceptual Information Arts (CIA), which is a strange major cause it's basically a mix of all of the arts bounded into a field that involves incorporating old media traditions to new media, like algorithmic work, physical computing, biology and life, or fractal art.

Pre-Algorithm and Algorithm Art
http://www.verostko.com/

Fractal Art and other crazy stuff:
http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/home.htm

So basically I'm in a field where I'm pretty much facing a steep learning curve where I can choose any sorts of arts from painting, sculpture, printmaking, photography, etc. and find ways that art was developed us with the digital media we currently have.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 02:41:44 PM »
Anybody who ever blasts their music around here is always a fan of hip-hop, techno or electropop garbage.

I think most of the time it's been the last one, it was probably more along the lines of Ke$ha.  I haven't heard anyone blasting "Alejandro" yet... Admittedly, I'd rather hear that than "TiK ToK," but it's still inconsiderate either way.
Well, they're both pretty bad. So it probably doesn't make any difference.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 03:29:08 PM »

I think most of the time it's been the last one, it was probably more along the lines of Ke$ha.  I haven't heard anyone blasting "Alejandro" yet... Admittedly, I'd rather hear that than "TiK ToK," but it's still inconsiderate either way.
Well, they're both pretty bad. So it probably doesn't make any difference.

A good chunk of Gaga's material lacks AutoTune.  For me, that's a big difference. :P

Anywho, back to trying to correct my sleep schedule again... while racing to fill out a scholarship on time. XP
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:29:55 PM by The Ancient Warrior »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »
Screw sleep schedules, especially on weekends. Unless you have a job, you don't need to get up that early.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 04:06:40 PM »
Maybe not, but it makes it a lot easier to get up at the right time on those days where I do need to get up early.  I mean, if I stick to times that are more comfortable for me four days a week, I won't be able to get to class on those three days where I need to be up and about as early as 8... It's easier to go to sleep progressively later than earlier, after all.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 11:17:34 PM »
Haven't been on today because my mom and dad paid me a surprise visit today. We spent most of the day together...ate lunch, and then I showed them some new stuff on campus. It's kind of cheesy, but this was one of the best days I've had since enrolling in college.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 12:36:29 PM »
I know what you mean, really.  Being this far away from home for an extended amount of time is actually hard to adjust to, and it doesn't take long before you're homesick.

Well, I needed to work most of last night until I logged out around 11 or so, but I finished the scholarship whose deadline was just before midnight last night.  Totally not waiting on the next one, which could award much more as long as I complete it before February ends...

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 02:22:59 PM »
I bet schools up north are gonna have February or April vacations taken away. It's like every week its another snow storm.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 03:18:55 PM »
Oh, hardly.  Schools up here are just more thrifty with any built-in snow days because snowfall isn't anywhere near as rare as it is down south. :P Still, Syracuse is particularly sparing all things considered— back home, the public schools usually canceled three to five days a year, and the event calendars always marked the tentative last day with the expected five snow days.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 06:09:47 PM »
No snow here (thank God), but it's supposed to rain tonight and all day tomorrow.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »
You guys got rain and snow, all I get is fog, sun, and cold nights. I just wonder when someone gets killed by the fog, cause that shait is crazy.

Anyway, I'm now prepared to settle for a major/minor. The problem is whether I should double major, or major and double minor and I wanna graduate in the next 2 years or as soon as possible. I know I wanna major in CIA and minor in Asian American Studies, but I'm considering doubling in DAI or taking it as a minor.

Offline Asian Legends Fan

• Olmec
  • Vittujen kevät ja kyrpien takatalvi, perkele!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 12:59:08 AM »
I bet schools up north are gonna have February or April vacations taken away. It's like every week its another snow storm.
That was like when SARS closed my school in 2003 and I didn't have a summer vacation that year. :roll: :x
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza

Favorite Season: Season Two

There's no recess and no rules in the school of life.
Brothers and sisters in metal together will conquer the evil as one.

As I begin this journey through my times
Notes will be spilled under childish rhymes
Of all the things that make me mad
Incomprehensible and iron-clad

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!

Privacy
Hosting provided by VlexoFree Hosting