Author Topic: The Main Spam Topic 2.0  (Read 283379 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: The Main Spam Topic 2.0
« Reply #51285 on: August 15, 2014, 08:36:23 PM »
I've been thinking about this lately, and I've made my decision. As soon as I reach Post 60,000, I'm leaving these forums. And this time, I'm leaving permanently. I'll still finish up all the polls and game threads, then I'm leaving this forum for good. I'm sorry, but I just don't fit in anymore. I feel like a complete burden. Coming back to this forum was a huge, huge mistake. I honestly regret the decision. I mean, look what happened when I did finally come back. I've lost everyones respect and I gave everyone a terrible new impression on me. Overreacting over a silly poll? Yeah, I handled the situation poorly. I blame myself for everything that has happened these past three months. I brought this on myself and it's all my fault. Sorry to dig up old things of the past, and this isn't the #1 reason why I'm leaving. I'm doing this because I feel so low about myself and I just don't fit in anymore. I haven't learned anything, and I haven't changed one bit. The only difference is, nobody is around to "challenge me" (read: shame me) anymore. I feel worse than ever, and the one week break did absolutely nothing to help. I feel like I need to completely leave for good in order to feel better. And since I'm not quite at Post 60,000, it will still be a few more weeks before I actually get there. I know this is selfish, I know this is unfair to you guys, but I need to leave. I've completely outgrown every single aspect of this forum. Sorry guys, but I have to do it. You probably won't mind. This will probably be a blessing for you guys. Now you can breathe again. And you won't have to walk on eggshells anymore. I'm nothing special, and I don't deserve to be treated like I am. I hope you guys understand, and I hope you guys aren't mad at me for doing this. :(

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51286 on: August 15, 2014, 09:47:21 PM »
I've been thinking about this lately, and I've made my decision. As soon as I reach Post 60,000, I'm leaving these forums. And this time, I'm leaving permanently. I'll still finish up all the polls and game threads, then I'm leaving this forum for good. I'm sorry, but I just don't fit in anymore. I feel like a complete burden. Coming back to this forum was a huge, huge mistake. I honestly regret the decision. I mean, look what happened when I did finally come back. I've lost everyones respect and I gave everyone a terrible new impression on me. Overreacting over a silly poll? Yeah, I handled the situation poorly. I blame myself for everything that has happened these past three months. I brought this on myself and it's all my fault. Sorry to dig up old things of the past, and this isn't the #1 reason why I'm leaving. I'm doing this because I feel so low about myself and I just don't fit in anymore. I haven't learned anything, and I haven't changed one bit. The only difference is, nobody is around to "challenge me" (read: shame me) anymore. I feel worse than ever, and the one week break did absolutely nothing to help. I feel like I need to completely leave for good in order to feel better. And since I'm not quite at Post 60,000, it will still be a few more weeks before I actually get there. I know this is selfish, I know this is unfair to you guys, but I need to leave. I've completely outgrown every single aspect of this forum. Sorry guys, but I have to do it. You probably won't mind. This will probably be a blessing for you guys. Now you can breathe again. And you won't have to walk on eggshells anymore. I'm nothing special, and I don't deserve to be treated like I am. I hope you guys understand, and I hope you guys aren't mad at me for doing this. :(
I...I...I don't know what to say.

I really, REALLY wish you wouldn't go. IMO, you (along with TSM) have held this place together for a long time, and it would be an absolute shame to lose you for good. Honestly, my interest in this place has decreased immensely these past several months, and I've been considering going on a (hopefully) non-permanent hiatus myself. But if and when I do return, if you TSM, or all of the other "regulars" here aren't here to welcome me back...I just might consider leaving for good as well. :(

In short, I don't like your decision, but I do respect it. If you need to talk about ANYTHING in the few months you decide to hang around here, I'm always here...
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #51287 on: August 15, 2014, 11:16:03 PM »
I stand corrected, now I don't know what to say.

If you go PPF, this forum might as well take an arrow to the knee, a gunshot in the head, hang itself, burn the ashes, and bury it deep. What I'm trying to say is there might not be Phantoms Temple anymore if you leave. I know you might have problems outside of here, but I don't get why you're venting on us. Is it still all about PP319 and the Shane poll? It shouldn't have been that much. Like almost everyone here, I'm virtually beating myself to come back here because the interest has fallen, especially since football season has come. I still wear the shirts, I still watch the episodes, but now I feel like everything is predictable and you know what happens even in forgettable episodes like Stone Marker & Stolen Arm. I hate to say, when you go, we all should just give it up and lock the Pendants and have the Temple Guards capture this forum. In other words, we'd all leave and continue our lives.  :(

I can help you calm down however, but I feel that it's way past our control.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 11:17:09 PM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51288 on: August 15, 2014, 11:20:32 PM »
I don't mean to start an "I'm leaving" chain, and I don't want people to feel "turned off" or anything. But I feel like it's the right thing to do. I'm not really leaving and never checking by again, but I'm want to cut back on my being active here. In other words, I would be reduced to just stopping by once in a while, like you and TAW. This isn't a heat of the moment thing, not was my above post anything like that. But I feel like the only way for me to improve myself is to cut back on posting here. I feel like it's for the best.

On the other hand, maybe talking things out would be beneficial. I've been offered this for weeks now. Maybe it's about time I take someone, anyone up on that. I'm just severely depressed and low, and I'm in a bad frame of mind right now. I know this isn't easy, but this is the best thing for me right now. Don't think of it as leaving forever, thinking of me as cutting back, a lot.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51289 on: August 15, 2014, 11:25:53 PM »
This isn't about the poll, I just feel disconnected to everything. Not just here, but in life in general. I'm in a bad frame of mind, like I said above. And I need real help. I don't mean to start anymore problems, but I need to find a real way to improve myself. I'd still stop by once in a while, but it wouldn't be as much as right now. I don't want to start anything, but yeah....

I'm in the process of speaking to an online therapist, yes those exist. If it's one thing positive I can say. This to me is the one step in the right direction. I'll see how this goes. I just need real help, and I feel like cutting back is the right thing to do.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51290 on: August 16, 2014, 06:35:06 PM »
I certainly hope you don't leave. I mean for one, post 60,000 is so arbitrary. Why not post 70,000? Or 85,000?

You are a vital part of this forum. It wouldn't be the same without you here. I feel like you oftentimes THINK people don't want you around or something. Nothing could be further from the truth. We all want/need you here.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51291 on: August 16, 2014, 07:43:28 PM »
Then it's settled. I'll stay after all.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51292 on: August 16, 2014, 07:44:46 PM »
And yes, I often do feel the opposite. Even when I'm convinced otherwise. But if it will make you feel any better, I'll stay past the 60k mark after all.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51293 on: August 16, 2014, 09:58:16 PM »
Then it's settled. I'll stay after all.
Like I said: we may not show it through our words or actions, but we really love having you around, PPF. You are an important part of this forum, and if you left, we'd miss you terribly.

But that being said: if you feel like taking a little break every now and then, I completely understand. And if you ever, ever need to talk about anything, I'm always right here.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51294 on: August 16, 2014, 11:13:37 PM »
Well then you're welcome. And now you don't have to worry about me leaving.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51295 on: August 16, 2014, 11:28:29 PM »
YAYYYYYYY
 :parrots2:  :parrots1:  :parrots2:  :parrots1:  :parrots2:  :parrots1:
Top 10 episodes:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51296 on: August 16, 2014, 11:31:08 PM »
Yay indeed. And look who just became an "Evil King" not long ago. ;)

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51297 on: August 16, 2014, 11:32:52 PM »
OH!!!  :shock:
Top 10 episodes:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51298 on: August 16, 2014, 11:39:28 PM »
Yeah, you made it 9 posts ago. Any plans to celebrate? :P

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #51299 on: August 17, 2014, 06:20:44 AM »
PPF, you've been close to the heart of this forum for as long as I can remember, and you always will be whether you leave Phantom's Temple or not. I'd wish that others wouldn't pressure you toward one decision or another: it makes it harder to listen to yourself. I think many of us can relate to "outgrowing" the forum. After all, it's a community centered around a game show with kids half our age... But it's totally OK to feel that way! We can't stay around forever and we shouldn't feel guilty about leaving when the time comes. In the meantime, it has been an honor to check in on you all every so often. You're a dedicated, tight bunch and you know how to make each other—and me—smile. I'd say, keep going while you're still having fun but no longer than that. :)