Author Topic: The Main Spam Topic 2.0  (Read 261622 times)

Online PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: The Main Spam Topic 2.0
« Reply #52155 on: November 01, 2016, 12:13:01 PM »
To DJTorgo/TheMandarinHand/whatever you want to go by. I know you're a big name on GoldenRoad. net. If I'm not mistaken, you're a mod there. Why did my JumpTheShark account get banned? That account only made one post. I was only joking around with Wayoshi and his "jumping the shark" nonsense. I wasn't being serious with that one comment I made. It also resulted in me getting IP banned by the way. I can't access the site on anything inside my house. Why so quick with the banhammer?

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Kirk Fogg's Angel

• Orange Iguana
  • Kirk Fogg's #1 Fan
    • View Profile
    • Legends of the Hidden Temple
« Reply #52156 on: November 04, 2016, 06:19:21 AM »
I'm a huge fan of a show on Nick called Henry Danger. Here is the link for Henry Danger at Nick.com: http://www.nick.com/henry-danger/

Here are the main characters:
Raymond "Ray" Manchester/Captain Man: Cooper Barnes
Henry Hart/Kid Danger: Jace Norman
Charlotte Bolton:  Riele Downs
Jasper Dunlop: Sean Ryan Fox
Piper Hart: Ella Anderson
Schwoz Schwartz: Michael D. Cohen
Siren Hart: Kelly Sullivan
Jack Hart: Jeffrey Nicholas Brown
Gooba Gooch: Duncan Bravo
Oliver Pook:  Matthew Zhang
Sidney Birnbaum: Joe Kaprielian

My favorite is Ray Manchester/Captain Man.

Offline TempleFan322

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #52157 on: November 11, 2016, 11:00:04 PM »
So I basically just moved out of my GF's place. :-(

As the story goes, it was me, my GF, her sister, and her sister's BF. I've literally had the final straw tonight. For awhile, I have had absolutely no say in the apartment. Case in point, this December will (well would of) be 2 years we moved into this place. I took $500 out of my bank account to buy a bed for me and my GF, which turned into a bed for us and one for her sister and her BF. I said fine, but I want a say where we get it (I knew a place that sold great beds for dirt cheap. Like a twin size for $100), and that the money was to be paid back because it was basically $500 I couldn't afford but I still did it. Instead of going there, we detoured to a different place and the people that ran the place didn't even know the price of their own merchandise or what they even had in stock or not. I said no, we're not getting the beds from here and returned to my car. I then see 4 men carrying 2 beds and 2 boxspring mattresses to the Uhaul truck the sister's BF drove there. Total price: $480. My last $20 they spent on me for dinner for me and my buddy, even though my GF said her and her sister would pay for dinner. On the reciet, and this is the part I can't make up, the guy that sold the beds to them actually wrote "MISTAKE" because he screwed up his pricing by over charging us, then he under charged us then got the price right on the 3rd try. 2 years later and I have not received even $1 dollar back from it.

Fast forward to today, and after 2 years of not getting listened to, the sister looked at me today and asked about getting a cat. I said no. I am HORRIBLY allergic to cats. The BF called me a liar because we were talking about getting a dog if we got a bigger place. I am allergic to some dogs, but not all breeds (case in point; my parents have a mix Australian Shepherd/Golden Reitriver that I am slightly allergic to, but not as bad as cats). After explaining that I can't be around any cats (even hypoallergenic), I come back from work to find that the sister got a cat. I packed a bag to go back to my parents house (thankfully the dog doesn't go in my old room so I won't have any breathing issues), and when I said I'm leaving, my GF rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders. I walked out to hear the sister saying to someone on the phone that I'm "bitching and whining over the cat he didn't want".

I just got off the phone telling my GF that since I pay bills, rent, the gas for the car everyone drives, and for the food that comes into the house (on a tight budget as it is), I deserve a say and that the cat has to go. My GF, even though she herself is also allergic to cats and dogs, refused to say anything other than "It's staying".

And now, with allergy medicine at bedside, I bid you all goodnight. Thank you for putting up with me and this crap.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 11:34:12 AM by TempleFan322 »
Blue Barracudas and Silver Snakes fan

Online PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52158 on: December 26, 2016, 01:27:27 PM »
Is it me or is this site starting to become a little more active with some of the more recent posts?

Also, I know it's been over a month, but hopefully everything's going well for you right now TempleFan.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #52159 on: December 26, 2016, 04:11:40 PM »
Well I can tell you I've recently found my way back here after a very extended absence :) The movie (which I haven't yet seen) renewed my interest in the series. I've been lurking here for the past couple months, going back and looking at old posts and getting back into my favorite Nick game show. And today I made my first post in about four years. So I figured, why not come back? :)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52160 on: December 26, 2016, 07:54:33 PM »
Is it me or is this site starting to become a little more active with some of the more recent posts?

Also, I know it's been over a month, but hopefully everything's going well for you right now TempleFan.

Yes, I've noticed the same thing too. For the past couple of years, I haven't been an active poster like I use to mostly because of real life obligations. But recently, my interest in Legends has rekindled a little bit. It would be nice to have some more of the regulars come back and breath life into some of the forum again.  :mrorange:

Well I can tell you I've recently found my way back here after a very extended absence :) The movie (which I haven't yet seen) renewed my interest in the series. I've been lurking here for the past couple months, going back and looking at old posts and getting back into my favorite Nick game show. And today I made my first post in about four years. So I figured, why not come back? :)

I remember you from the old days of the forum! It's nice to see you stop by again too.  :mrred:

Online PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52161 on: April 28, 2017, 11:49:42 PM »
Hello, I'm currently typing this from my old laptop. I have a new one, but I have the old one still because I was given the option to keep a hold of it until I got used to the new laptop.

This is for TSM. I know he's been away from the site for a month now, but this is important. Unfortunately, not everything got carried over to my new laptop and that includes some bookmarked sites. Sadly, this place is one of them. This is a big deal because I can't log in to this account from the new computer. I forgot my password and the email I was using went inactive. I tried recovering it, but I ended up recreating the email instead, so I have nothing in its inbox. With the way the site is set up, the only way to set a new password is to re-enter the current one and again, I forgot what it is. There's no "Forgot password" option that I'm seeing.

So my request is this. If you can, please take a look to see what my password is. If you can access it, please post it in private to my YouTube account. It's this: https://www.youtube.com/user/PurpleParrotLover . I want to be able to access this site from the new laptop, but I can't right now because it didn't get carried over during the item transfer and I forgot my password. So please, help me out if you can.

Thank you.

Offline TempleFan322

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #52162 on: April 29, 2017, 08:15:03 AM »
Thursday, something was telling be something bad is gonna happen but I didn't know what. Sadly, yesterday morning I got out of my morning shift at work, went home to take a quick nap, and as I'm trying to sleep I hear my phone buzz with a text message. It was a message I never wanted to read, as it said that my former student passed away after his fight with cancer.

It was apparently big news as well, as the entire school district knew about it. Just last week the school district did "Sports for Sohnny Day" that even me and my coworkers participated in as well. We even made him a giant card with sports logos that my after school kids made that, since we can't give him it now, we're going to present to his mom.

Me and a couple of my friends are going to be running a 5K later this year, which we are also raising money for the St Jude Children's Research Hospital, and one of my friends called me yesterday and said that we should base our team around Sohnny. Definitely doing that for him this year.
Blue Barracudas and Silver Snakes fan

Online PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52163 on: May 27, 2017, 04:53:31 PM »

:lol:

Online PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52164 on: May 29, 2017, 11:22:49 PM »
I know this site is kind of dead, but would anyone be interested in seeing me rank Legends temple runs? I've been rewatching a lot of them lately and I'm kind of itching to do something like this and I've never done it before. I'd love to give something like this a try and rewatching these runs years later has made me realize that my opinions on some runs have changed.

Anyone interested? It would take me some time to do this and some runs aren't uploaded anywhere (I can't find The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie episode to save my life) because copyright laws. I'd have to fall back on memory for some runs that can't be seen anywhere in this day in age because of copyright.

Online PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52165 on: June 04, 2017, 07:28:09 PM »
In the meantime, I made this:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52166 on: July 11, 2017, 09:37:53 PM »
Sorry for replying so late, but I thought your list was pretty good for the most part. ;)

Can't argue with #1 and #2. Both of those runs should've been easy wins, and both players blew their loads big time. Good call on putting Broken Trident first. Kimberly made one of the most bone-headed mistakes on the show. How does a contestant not know to bring the artifact out with them? Olmec explained it in the rules too. It's even more sad that it happened in Season 3.  :roll:

I would've put Montezuma a little higher. Kelly had almost a full minute to assemble the Silver Monkey, but she pretty bad. Even after she dropped the torso and had it thrown back to her, she still couldn't assemble it. It should've been a win similar to Enormous Iron Nose Ring.

I'm a little conflicted about Lost Lariat and Anne Bonny. Both were pretty crappy failed escape runs. Both Chris and Ron should've been able to bring their artifacts out, and both of them were slow and clueless. I would've put Lost Lariat there at least because Chris was slow as hell and didn't even try at all when he was exiting with the artifact. Ron made the bad mistake of going down the central shaft, but at least he came closer than Chris. Chris had a full minute and couldn't even get past the Throne Room. -_-

I would've taken out Anne Bonny and put Enormous Feather or Missing Weather Maps instead. Both runs had clueless female second runners. If I had to pick one, I would've put Missing Weather Maps on there. This could've been an easy Dark Forest win, but Kim tried very hard to make sure it didn't happen. She had 2 minutes to complete TWO rooms, and she failed miserably. At least Karisa reached her artifact in an Season 3 layout. If I had to rank the choke jobs, it would go;

10. Good-Luck Watch (Mostly thanks to Janeen. :roll: )
9. Dolley Madison (As much as I love this run, Ashlie had plenty of time to pull off a win.)
8. Harriet Tubman
7. Anne Bonny
6. Enormous Feather
5. Lost Lariat
4. Montezuma
3. Charles Lindbergh
2. Icarus
1. Broken Trident

Online PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52167 on: July 12, 2017, 09:05:25 PM »
If I had made it a top 10 instead of a top 5, all ten of those episodes you listed would've made it on there. I guess I was going more for an end of the run failures rather than failures that happened in runs like Missing Weather Maps and Enormous Feather, though I definitely considered them. I had the mindset of "Okay, these kids had it made, but blew it late". That's why I put runs like Lost Lariat and Anne Bonny on my list.

Also, Chris actually started entering the Cave of Sighs crawl tube when time ran out while Ron was still on the ladder heading into the same room, so Chris actually made it slightly further. ;)

Online PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52168 on: July 12, 2017, 09:05:58 PM »
Also, I made a new video. Kind of random, the nature of it, but here it is:

Online PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52169 on: July 17, 2017, 09:19:57 PM »
My top 5 video now has over 1,000 views. Honestly, I wasn't expecting that. I really hope that video doesn't fall victim to copyright BS.

Privacy
Hosting provided by VlexoFree Hosting