Author Topic: Ironic artifact placement.  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Blue Barracuda

• New Player
    • View Profile
Ironic artifact placement.
« on: July 16, 2006, 07:04:08 AM »
Okay, we all know that the artifacts are places in seemingly random places (except for the pit, ledges, and crypt).  But are there any you can think of that were put in a room that seemed to fit?

The heart shaped pillow, for example, was placed in Medusa's Lair.  But the thing is, Medusas Lair usded to be the Heart Room.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 07:30:34 AM »
The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley being placed in the Dark Forest.  Even Kirk said, "Of course!"

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 07:41:28 AM »
Oh, almost every single artifact had a relation to its room.

Season 1
Elizabeth the First's Golden Ship was in the Throne Room
The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan was in the Spider's Lair  (as if to follow a ''bug'' theme)
The Star of Sultan Saladin was in the Observatory (like an actual star)
The Oracle Bowl of Delphi was in the Observatory (the word ''Oracle'' suggests worship to gods, or heaven)
The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa was in the Treasure room (it was a treasure in itself)
The Silver Saddlehorn of Hannibal was in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey (both are silver)
King Tut's Cobra Staff was in the Tomb of Ancient Kings (it should be obvious why)

Season 2
The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief was in the King's Storeroom (a chief can be considered a king)
The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba was in the Observatory (the highest room of the temple)
The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan was in the Room of the Mandarin hand (both the mandarin hand and the earring suggest a person)
The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus was in the Room of the Secret Password (both suggesting magical powers)

Season 3
The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible was in the King's Storeroom (Ivan was a ruler)
The Dried Apple Half of William Tell was in the Room of the Ancient Warriors (William Tell was a warrior of sorts)
The Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis the First was in the Quicksand Bog (the legend dealt with an army crossing over a sandbar by observing the lilypads in the water)
The Metal Beard of the Egyptial Queen was in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey (both are metal)
The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard was in the Room of the Secret Password (mysticism and passwords both relate to magic)
The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu was in the Tomb of the Headless Kings (Ieyasu was the head of a military superpower)

I just flipped through a few pages of my episode list, and those are what I found. There are surely others out there, so keep looking!

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 08:08:39 AM »
Yeah, i always thought that most of the artifact placements "made sense" in some way or another... Then again, some of them definitely seem completley random... like "the Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley" in Medusa's Lair... seemingly random to me.

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 08:40:32 AM »
I could never understand why The Stone Head of the Evil King, an artifact revolving around thne legend of Medusa, was placed in the swamp and not Medusa's Lair.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 08:53:22 AM »
I could never understand why The Stone Head of the Evil King, an artifact revolving around thne legend of Medusa, was placed in the swamp and not Medusa's Lair.

There's a possibility the episode was planned before the second layout of the second season was made, without Medusa's Lair to choose from. It's probably the same story with the Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, another second layout, second season artifact placed in a room that no longer made sense for it.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 09:02:10 AM »
The Treasure of Anne Bonny should've been in The Shrine of the Silver Monkey since it sat there for practically half the season... Or the Pirate's Cove would've made more sense (even though it was in thesame location as the Pirate's Cove, it was on a different layout)

Oh, and i just thought that "The Dragon Lady and The Blue Pearl" in the Holes of Python is pretty sensible. :P

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 09:27:30 AM »
does any body find it ironic that the stone head of the evil king revolves around medusa and the room where the kid totaly screws up in is medusas lair

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 10:57:08 AM »
Yeah, maybe bad luck perhaps??

Offline Blue Barracuda

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 11:38:47 AM »
The missing eye of david in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, since it's a piece of a larger item

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 11:56:32 AM »
it would have been ironic if blackbeards tresure map or if the tresure of anne bonney had been hidden in the pirates cove

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 11:57:26 AM »
Wow, this is a very interesting topic!

The Treasure Map of Jean Laffite (Didn't the Legend involved a swamp, since he lived by like present day New Orleans)

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 04:01:46 PM »
Just thought of another one...the water bottle from "Ponce de Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth", which was in the Heart Room.  In the legend, the Indian said that the water was only for those who are pure of heart.

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 04:52:09 PM »
Personally, I think these are all just coincidences. I mean, we could say 'oh, (insert artifact) was a lost treasure, that's why it was in the treasure room.'

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 11:40:21 AM »
Quote from: ""Carveyfan""

Perhaps maybe because they already HAD a stone head in Medusa's lair?  :roll: