Author Topic: Legends: Rebirth-The Secret Code of the Condemned Pirate  (Read 956 times)

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
Legends: Rebirth-The Secret Code of the Condemned Pirate
« on: August 11, 2010, 04:51:59 PM »
Episode 41: The Secret Code of the Condemned Pirate

The camera winds and twists its way through a thick jungle of strange and exotic plants. After a few wrong turns, it finally stops in front of an ancient Mayan temple. At the base of the temple, a giant stone head sits. Suddenly, a torch on either side of the head begins burning. The head’s eyes light up, and it begins to speak:

Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth!” These words appear on the screen. “With your guide, Kirk Fogg! And here he is now!”

A middle-aged man wearing a denim shirt and blue jeans rides in on an ATV. He dismounts the vehicle and runs up the Steps of Knowledge, microphone in hand.

“Thank you! Thank you very much! Nice to see everyone! Nice to see you, Olmec! Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth. The rooms are filled with lost treasures protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards. Only Olmec knows the legends behind each of these all-new treasures in his temple…which one are we gonna hear about today?”

“The legend of the Secret Code of the Condemned Pirate,” Olmec replies.

“Ooh, the Secret Code of the Condemned Pirate,” Kirk repeats. “Well, the legend is set, and one of these six teams will have the chance to retrieve the Secret Code—will it be:

“The Red Jaguars?” The camera zooms in on each team as they are introduced.
“The Blue Barracudas?
“The Green Monkeys?
“The Orange Iguanas?
“The Purple Parrots?
“Or the Silver Snakes?

“They’ll have to pass some tough physical and mental tests, but in the end, only one team will have the rights to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, they have to cross the Moat, and Olmec will tell us how they have to do that today…”

Olmec begins to explain the Moat Crossing:
“Before you are two vines that stretch across the Moat: one at foot level, and one at arm’s reach. When Kirk gives the signal, one player from each team will walk across the Moat on the bottom vine while holding onto the top vine with their hands. Once you’re safely across, it’s your partner’s turn to cross in the same way. If you fall, or fail to keep at least one hand on the top vine, you must go back and start again. Once both players reach the other side, run over and hit the gong.” Kirk hits the Silver Snakes’ gong to demonstrate. “The first four teams to hit their gongs will go on to the next round!”

“All right, let’s get started,” Kirk insists. “Teams, are you ready?”
All six teams scream and cheer in response.
“Olmec, are you ready?” Kirk asks.
“Let’s rock and roll,” Olmec replies.
“Okay,” Kirk says. “On your mark, get set, GO!”

“There they go, across the vines!” Kirk narrates as the six teams’ first members step onto the bottom vine, hang onto the top vine, and begin making their way across, moving hand-over-hand on the top vine. Nobody has any trouble staying on the vine at first, but the Red Jaguars’ boy doesn’t keep his hands on the top vine, and is immediately sent back. Everyone crosses at different speeds—the Silver Snakes’ boy is almost all the way across at the same time the Purple Parrots’ girl is only halfway there. The Silver Snakes’ boy makes it across first, closely followed by the Blue Barracudas’ boy and the Green Monkeys’ boy. The Orange Iguanas’ boy steps onto the dock about five seconds later. “They got their first players across, now their partners have gotta cross!” Kirk explains. “And they have to keep at least one hand on the top, and that’s not as easy as it might look!” The Red Jaguars’ boy and Purple Parrots’ girl have both now made it across, but the second players from every other team are inching ever-closer to the other side. The Silver Snakes’ girl makes it across, and her team becomes the first to hit their gong. “And our first team…is the Silver Snakes!” Kirk narrates. “Oh, second team—third team!” he adds as the Blue Barracudas and Green Monkeys hit their gongs a few seconds later. “Only room for one more team—it looks like it could be the Orange Iguanas!” Indeed, the Orange Iguanas’ boy helps his partner down off the vine, and they just barely beat out the Red Jaguars to become the fourth team to hit their gong.

“That’s it!” shouts Kirk as he rushes over to stand beside the Silver Snakes. “That’s it—four teams, just like that! The Silver Snakes made it along with the rest of them, and going on to the Steps of Knowledge are the Silver Snakes…and the Orange Iguanas…” Kirk pauses between each team’s name to allow applause. “…and the Green Monkeys…and the Blue Barracudas! The Red Jaguars and the Purple Parrots were close—very close, but we’re not sending them away empty-handed. We’ve got a great gift for them, and here’s what it is!” They receive a $50 gift card from FYE.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:49:06 PM by The Bandit King »
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:57:32 PM »
Kirk and the remaining four teams are now standing atop the Steps of Knowledge. “As the quest continues, it’s now time for Olmec to tell us about the Secret Code of the Condemned Pirate. But teams, pay attention, because your knowledge of the legend could bring you a step closer to Olmec’s Temple…”

Olmec begins to tell the story:
“One of the most infamous pirates in history was Oliver Levasseur. Born in France, he was known as Oliver la Buse, or ‘Oliver the Buzzard’, due to his ruthless and torturous ways. Though he later became blind in one eye, he was a master of both sword and pistol. But what Oliver is most known for is his legendary treasure, which he and his crew pilfered by ransacking a Portuguese ship known as The Virgin of the Cape. Some say that he captured the ship without firing a single cannon, as the ship had been damaged in a storm. Oliver and his crew boarded the ship, finding gold, jewels, artwork, silks, and other priceless treasures. The pirates were astounded at the amazing size and value of their booty.
“‘Yar, maties!’ said Oliver. ‘There’s so much treasure here, we can’t carry it all back to our ship!’
“And so the men buried half of their treasure, which totaled over a million dollars by today’s standards. In 1730, Oliver was captured, tried for piracy, and sentenced to be hanged. As he was waiting in the dungeon for the inevitable, legend has it that he became fast friends with Thomas, one of the jailers.
“‘Argh,’ groaned Oliver mere hours before he was to be hanged. ‘It be nearly time for me to shuffle off this mortal coil.’
“‘It would appear so,’ said Thomas. ‘But what will become of your treasure?’
“‘Ye seem to have a fancy for the booty, me matey…so I think I can trust ye with this.’ Oliver handed Thomas a small necklace with strange markings and cryptograms carved into it.
“‘What in the name of Captain Kidd is this?’ asked Thomas.
“‘In a moment, I’ll be wearin’ a necklace made of rope,’ said Oliver. ‘This necklace will direct ye to me treasure, but you’ll have to decipher the code first. Find my treasure, if ye think ye can understand it!’
“Oliver was taken away and hanged. For the rest of his life, Thomas tried to find Oliver’s hidden treasure, but he never did. To this day, no one has found the fabled treasure of Oliver le Buse. Since the necklace has now found its way to the Temple, perhaps that will change soon. Your quest is to find the Secret Code Necklace of the Condemned Pirate and bring it back here.”

“Okay, thanks a lot,” Kirk says. “So tell us, Olmec, where is the Secret Code Necklace?”

“The Secret Code Necklace of the Condemned Pirate can be found in the SHRIIIINE of the Siiiiilver Monkey,” Olmec replies. The camera zooms in on a small necklace, with a large white stone riddled with several lines of an indiscernible black cryptogram on it, placed on the left-hand shelf in the back of the room before fading back to Kirk.

“Oh, my,” Kirk chuckles. “Okay, teams, you’re now standing on the Steps of Knowledge. In just a moment, Olmec will ask you a question about the legend. If you know the answer, stomp down on the marking there in front of you. If you’re correct, you can move down to the next level, but if you’re wrong or run out of time, I’m gonna give the other teams a chance.” Kirk begins descending the Steps. “The first two teams to make it to the bottom level will be one step closer to Olmec’s Temple. Olmec, me matey…we’re now ready for your first question.”

Olmec begins:
“Was Oliver Levasseur from: Spain, France, or England?”
The Silver Snakes ring in. “France?”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies. The Silver Snakes step to the second level.
“Silver Snakes, step down,” Kirk directs. “Next question.”

“Oliver was known as ‘Oliver la Buse’. Does this mean: Oliver the Snake, Oliver the Buzzard, or Oliver the Weasel?”
The Silver Snakes ring in as Olmec finishes reading the last choice. “Uh…the Buzzard.”
“That…is correct,” Olmec replies. The Silver Snakes advance to the next-to-last step.
“Whoo—Silver Snakes are only one step away, just like that!” Kirk narrates. “But remember, we need two teams. Next question, Olmec.”

“Was Oliver known for: his ship, his treasure, or—”
The Silver Snakes ring in early. “His treasure.”
“You got it, kid,” Olmec replies. The Silver Snakes step to the bottom and high-five one another.
“And just like that, there’s our first team!” Kirk narrates. “We still need one more teams. Who’s it gonna be—the Blue Barracudas, the Green Monkeys, or the Orange Iguanas? Olmec, next question, please.”

“What country was the ship Oliver and his crew ransacked from: Portugal, Italy, or Greece?”
The Blue Barracudas ring in after about a second. “Portugal?”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies. The Blue Barracudas descend down one level.
“Blue Barracudas step down now,” Kirk says. “Next question.”

“According to our legend, Oliver’s crew was able to capture the ship easily. Was this because: the crew was sick, the ship had been damaged in a storm, or—”
The Orange Iguanas ring in just before Olmec can ask the third choice. “The ship was…um, damaged in a storm.”
“That…is correct,” Olmec replies. The Orange Iguanas step to the second level.
“Orange Iguanas are on the board,” Kirk narrates. “Next question, Olmec.”

“To ensure no one could find their hidden treasure, did Oliver and his crew: burn it, bury it, or throw it into the sea?”
The Green Monkeys ring in. “Uh…they buried it?”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies. The Green Monkeys join the other two teams on the second step.
“It’s all tied up on the second step!” Kirk exclaims. “Anything can happen—next question, if you please.”

“In today’s standards, how much was Oliver le Buse’s treasure worth—over a thousand dollars, over ten thousand dollars, or over a million dollars?”
The Blue Barracudas ring in. “Over a million dollars.”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies. The Blue Barracudas proceed to the penultimate step.
“Blue Barracudas are only a step away from the Temple Games,” Kirk explains. “Still time for the other two teams, though…next question, Olmec.”

“When Oliver was tried for piracy, how was he executed—firing squad, hanging, or the electric chair?”
The Orange Iguanas ring in. “Hanging.”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies. The Orange Iguanas join the Blue Barracudas on the penultimate step.
“Orange Iguanas are also one step away,” Kirk narrates. “Still plenty of time for the Green Monkeys to catch up, though—next question.”

“Before he was hanged, what did Oliver throw into the crowd—”
The Orange Iguanas ring in early and stumble over the answer. “Um, the, uh…Secret Code…Necklace?”
“I’m afraid…that that is correct!” Olmec replies. The Orange Iguanas step to the bottom, where the Silver Snakes congratulate them.

“We’ve got our two teams right here!” Kirk exclaims as he runs over and stands between them. “They are the Orange Iguanas, and the Silver Snakes! Blue Barracudas and Green Monkeys, they did a great job, too—you guys aren’t going home empty-handed. We’ve got a great gift for you, and here’s what it is!” They receive Diary of a Wimpy Kid on DVD.

Kirk is now seen between the teams with his hand on the male team members’ shoulders. “These two teams are gonna be playing for the right to enter Olmec’s Temple, and they’re gonna do that right after this!”

The camera flies over Kirk and cuts to the left, zooming in on a solitary orange silk flower growing beside Olmec. The title appears onscreen, and we go to a commercial.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:35:49 PM by The Bandit King »

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »
We return from the break to find Kirk standing in front of the Temple with one team on either side of him.

“Welcome back to Legends: Rebirth,” he says. “Now, of course, is when the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest. But before we get started, let’s meet our teams…

Kirk turns to the Orange Iguanas, who consist of a short, freckled red-haired girl with blue eyes hidden behind glasses and a much taller green-eyed boy with bushy black hair. “On the Orange Iguanas, we have Donna. How old are you, Donna?”
“Twelve,” replies Donna.
“And it says here you play softball, but you also like to sew…tell me about that.”
“Well,” says Donna, “my mom taught me how to sew about two years ago, and I liked it. So, I’ve been doing it ever since.”
“What kind of things do you sew?” asks Kirk.
“Um, mostly little things—I’ve made a lot of pillows, dolls, things like that,” replies Donna.
“Ah, neat,” says Kirk as he turns to her teammate. “And over here, we have your teammate Chris. How old are you, Chris?”
“Thirteen,” Chris replies.
“And it says here you play baseball, but your favorite sport to play is golf—why is that?”
“Um, just ‘cause it requires a lot of concentration…there’s a lot of focus involved, and…I just like it.”
“What’s your best golf score so far?” Kirk asks.
“Um…about five under par,” Chris replies after thinking for a second.
“Wow, that’s good,” Kirk remarks. “Let’s see if these two can score in the Temple Games—let’s hear it for ‘em!” Chris and Donna applaud along with the audience.

Kirk now turns to the Silver Snakes, who consist of a pretty blue-eyed girl with shoulder-length ash-blonde hair and a slightly taller brown-eyed boy with dark brown hair. “And now, over on the Silver Snakes, we have Julie. How old are you, Julie?”
“Thirteen,” Julie replies.
“And I see here you’re a cheerleader—how long have you been doing that?”
“Ever since I was in…fifth grade,” says Julie. “I really like it.”
“Are you usually on the bottom or the top of the pyramid?” Kirk asks.
“Um…I’m usually in the middle somewhere,” Julie says, laughing.
“She’s a middleman, folks,” Kirk jokes before turning her teammate. “And over here, we have Jason. How old are you?”
“Twelve,” Jason replies.
“And it says you like science and history, but what you really like is to travel. How many states have you been to so far?”
“Uh…probably about twenty so far,” replies Jason.
“What’s your favorite state?” Kirk asks.
“Right here in Florida,” says Jason.
“Can’t beat home sweet home, right?” Jason nods. “Let’s hear it for the Silver Snakes, everybody!” Jason and Julie and applaud along with the audience.

“All right, are you guys ready to play?” Kirk asks both teams.

“Yeah!” they reply.

“Okay—go get ready for the Temple Games,” Kirk instructs. “Now, in the Temple Games, our teams are gonna be competing for…” Kirk retrieves a Pendant of Life from his pouch and holds it up to the camera. “…Pendants of Life. The winning team will need these Pendants to protect them from the dreaded Temple Guards as they make their way through Olmec’s Temple. There are three Temple Games—Olmec, could you please tell us about Temple Game #1?”

The black lights under Olmec come on as he begins to explain the first Temple Game:
“When Oliver le Buse and his crew ambushed The Virgin of the Cape, they found a treasure so large, they couldn’t carry it all back to their ship, so they buried half of it. In this game, you’re going to help the crew dig up their treasure. When Kirk gives the signal, crawl out to the first plot of sand and use your hands to start digging through it. When you find a gold coin, come back and place it in your bin. Then crawl out to the next sand plot and start digging for the next coin. The first player to successfully dig up all four of their coins, or…the player who digs up the most coins in sixty seconds…wins.”

“Looks like our players are going on a treasure hunt,” Kirk remarks. “Let’s set the clock for sixty seconds!” The clock slams down in the bottom right-hand corner with a loud gong sound effect. “On your mark, get set, GO!”

Jason and Chris crawl out to the first mini-sandbox and start digging through it with their hands. Jason finds a coin within the first five seconds, and comes back to place it in his team’s bin. Chris takes a little longer to find his first coin, finding it and bringing it back as Jason sorts through the second pit of sand, which is slightly larger than the first one. With 45 seconds left, Chris begins searching through his second sandpit, and Jason is furtively digging in search of his second coin, which he finds with 39 seconds to go. He crawls back and places it in his bin at the same time Chris finds his second coin. Jason runs out to search through his third sandbox, which is almost twice the size of the first sandbox. Chris places his second coin in his bin with 29 seconds left and returns to search through his third sandpit. Each boy digs through the sand hurriedly, but neither one can find anything for several seconds. Jason finally finds the coin he’s looking for with ten seconds remaining, and brings it back to his bin. Chris is still searching through the third sandpit, and Jason doesn’t have time to search through the fourth and largest sandpit before time expires.

“Okay, that’s it!” Kirk shouts as he rushes back onscreen. “Let’s count ‘em up and see how we did.” A spotter brings both bins over to Kirk, who kneels beside them. “The Orange Iguanas got…two coins, and the Silver Snakes got one, two…three coins! The Silver Snakes get the half Pendant of Life!” The audience applauds for a few seconds. “The Orange Iguanas can catch up in this next Temple Game; it’s worth a half Pendant, too. Olmec, tell us about it…”

Olmec begins:
“Before his execution, Oliver gave Thomas the warden a necklace with a secret cryptogram that told where his treasure was hidden—but unfortunately, no one has been able to decipher it. In these next games, you’ll be trying to do just that. Behind you stands a wall with numerous cryptic markings on it, and before you, a maze with various matching parts of the cryptogram. When Kirk gives the signal, crawl into the maze and come up in an opening. When you find a symbol, grab it, come back, and place it under its matching spot on the wall. Then crawl back and find another symbol you don’t have. The first player to find all six symbols or—the player who finds the most symbols at the end of sixty seconds…wins.”

“Looks like it’s time to crack the code,” Kirk says. “Let’s set the clock for sixty seconds!” The clock slams down in the corner, ready to go. “On your mark, get set, GO!”

Donna and Julie rush out into the sixteen-compartment maze and pop up in a random spot—for Donna, it’s the top left-hand center part of the maze, and for Julie, it’s the second compartment down from the top left part of the maze. They each grab the symbol they find there, and come back to place it on their board. Each one manages to find another symbol on their next trip into the maze, and both place it in the right spot on the board with 44 seconds to go. On her next go-back, Donna finds a duplicate of the square-shaped symbol she already has, so she puts it back and heads back down to pop up in another part of the maze. Julie has already found and placed two more symbols by the time Donna finds a symbol she doesn’t have, and comes back to place it. With ten seconds remaining, Julie comes up in an empty compartment, while Donna manages to catch up and place a fourth symbol. No one progresses any further when time expires.

“Okay, that’s it!” Kirk shouts as he rushes back onscreen. “That’s it—come on back here. Come here—let’s count it all up and see how we did.” He glances back at the boards. “Looks like the Orange Iguanas got four symbols placed, and…the Silver Snakes also got four symbols, all in the right place—both teams get a half Pendant of Life!” The audience applauds for a few seconds. “So now, it’s all tied up—no, wait, the Orange Iguanas have a half Pendant; the Silver Snakes have a full Pendant. Now, we go to the third and final Temple Game. It’s worth a full Pendant of Life, and it’ll decide our winner. Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #3…”

Olmec begins to explain the final Game:
“In this game, you’ll be taking the cryptograms you found earlier and deciphering them. Both players are now suspended from a giant treasure map, and one of you is holding a bag containing the six symbols. When Kirk gives the signal, use the chain to maneuver yourselves along the slot. When you reach a missing piece of the map, find the symbol that matches it in your bag and pass it to your partner, who will then place it in the map. Then continue on to the next missing piece. The first team to correctly place all six pieces, or…the team that’s further along at the end of sixty seconds wins!”

“This is for the Temple,” Kirk remarks. “Put sixty seconds on the clock!” The clock slams down in the corner, ready to go. “On your mark, get set, GO!”

The Orange Iguanas have a little trouble working as a team in this game, allowing the slightly more coordinated Silver Snakes to take a slight lead on them. The Snakes have a bit of trouble finding their first missing map piece in their bag when they come to it, allowing the Orange Iguanas to catch up slightly. However, the Orange Iguanas suffer the same problem as the Silver Snakes on their first map piece as well, which allows the Silver Snakes to pull further ahead. The Silver Snakes manage to place their second piece with 47 seconds left, but the Orange Iguanas are right behind them, placing their second with 41 seconds left. In the second half of the game, the Silver Snakes manage to pick up the pace a little, and place their third piece with 33 seconds to go. They make it to their fourth slot as the Orange Iguanas place their third piece. This continues through the remainder of the game—the Silver Snakes stay one spot ahead of the Orange Iguanas, but they still can’t place their final piece before time expires.

“That’s it!” Kirk shouts as he rushes back onscreen. “Time is up—nice job by both teams; they both placed five symbols, but it looks like the Silver Snakes made it further along the map, so the Silver Snakes get the full Pendant. That gives them two Pendants, the Orange Iguanas have a half Pendant—the Silver Snakes are goin’ to the Temple!” Still suspended from the map, Jason and Julie whoop and applaud. “Orange Iguanas, you guys were great, too, and you’re not going away empty-handed. We’ve got a great gift for you guys, and here’s what it is!” They receive a custom-made Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth watch.

As the prize disappears off-screen, Kirk is now standing beside the untethered winning team. “They did it—now we’ll see if they can make it through Olmec’s Temple and retrieve that Secret Code, right after this!”

The camera pans in on the Temple and zooms in on one of the golden doors at the back of the Dark Forest before the title appears onscreen, and we go to a commercial.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:37:12 PM by The Bandit King »

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 05:07:20 PM »
We return from the break to find Kirk standing in front of the Temple with the winning team.

“Welcome back to Legends: Rebirth,” he says. “The Silver Snakes have proven themselves worthy, and now have earned the right to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, Olmec’s gonna give them some information to help them retrieve the Secret Code of the Condemned Pirate…”

Olmec begins to explain the Temple layout as the camera gives us a first-person walkthrough of the Temple:
“You could start…by running up the stairs to the Crypt! Grab the book from the skeletons, and pass into the Bottomless Pit! Swing across the gap, and climb into the Great Seal Room. Place the correct seal in the central holder, and a door may open into the Candelabra Room. Light the correct candelabra, and pass into the Room…of the Mystical Keys! Reach into the compartments to find the two correct keys, and open the door to the SHRIIIIINE of the Silver Monkey! Assemble the statue and you may be headed toward the Lightning Ball Room. Connect the power cords to create your own lightning, which will blast open the door to the Pharaoh’s Secret Passage. Slide down the tunnel to the Dungeon, where you could smash through the wall into the Dark Forest—but beware of the Temple Guards that may inhabit the trees! Find the key in the tree, and you’ll enter…the Snake Pit! Place the snakes in the hollow stump, and you’ll gain entry to the Tomb of the Headless Kings. Pull the vine to release the bones, and attach the missing skull to its proper king, then…race through the Pit, climb through the Ledges, rrrrrrrace down the stairs and back through the Temple Gate. The choices are yours and yours alone!” Olmec pauses. “You won 2 Pendants in the Temple Games. Who’s going first?”

“I am,” says Julie, raising her hand.

“Very well, Julie,” Olmec replies. “When Kirk gives the signal, you’ll race through the Gate into the Temple and make your way toward the Secret Code of the Condemned Pirate. Hidden inside the Temple are Temple Guards assigned to protect three specific rooms. You can trade your Pendant for an extra life and go on, but…if you’re caught without a Pendant, you’ll be taken out of the Temple, and it’ll be Jason’s turn to enter and try his luck. If you can reach the Secret Code, all the doors of the Temple will instantly unlock, and the Temple Guards will vanish. Return through the Gates with the Secret Code in three minutes, and you’ll both be handsomely rewarded…and here’s how!”

• Just for making it this far, they’ll get a sports package from Regents.
• If they can grab the Secret Code within three minutes, they’ll also receive an MP3 player.
• And if they can bring the Secret Code out of the Temple before three minutes expires, they’ll win a trip to San Diego, California.

“They wanna win that trip to San Diego—let’s see if we can get ‘em there,” Kirk remarks. “Looks like we’re just about ready here. So, Jason—what kind of strategy do you think will get you to the Secret Code?”

“Uh, we’re just going to try and take the low path, right?” Julie nods. “Yeah, we figure it’s gonna take us on the low path, because—the Necklace is up on the top level, so we’re just gonna try to keep low and see how that works out.”

“Sounds like they know what they’re talking about,” Kirk remarks. “We’ll see how that works for them. Julie, let’s get you out in front; and both of you, mouthpieces in. Let’s set the clock for three minutes!” The clock slams down in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

“Olmec, lower your gate, if you please.” Olmec moans gutturally as the gate is lowered, and the torches and black lights under him go out.

“Are you ready?” Kirk asks Julie.

“I’m ready,” Julie replies.

“On your mark,” Kirk begins, “get set, GO!”

Julie races up the stairs and soon disappears behind Olmec. Moments later, she is seen sliding down into the Ledges (2:55), where she starts looking for a way out of the room. She hits the actuator for the lower crawl tube, which doesn’t open, but as she turns around, the first Temple Guard emerges from the shadows of the room (2:48). “Oh, Temple Guard, right off the bat!” Kirk narrates as Julie screams. “She’s got a Pendant, though—give him the Pendant!” Julie hands her Pendant over as the Guard slinks back into the shadows. Julie presses the actuator to go up to the Crypt, and the door opens. She enters the Crypt, where she only has to pull the book from the rightmost skeleton before the door to the Bottomless Pit opens (2:37). “There, she’s got it—into the Bottomless Pit!” Kirk narrates. Julie quickly makes her way into the room, grabs the rope, and after a little difficulty reaching the other ledge, successfully swings across. She hits the actuator for the Candelabra Room, but the door doesn’t open. She tries the actuator for the Great Seal Room, and this time, the door to the room opens (2:26). “All right, she’s headed up—she wanted to go down at first, but it looks like she has to go up!” Julie grabs two seals at the back of the room before bringing them to the holder in the middle of the room, placing the first seal she grabbed in it. However, nothing happens (2:18). She tries the next seal, but again, nothing. So she heads back to the back of the room and grabs the other two seals, one of which she places in the central holder, opening the door downward to the Candelabra Room (2:08). “All right, now she’s heading down—down like she planned!” Kirk narrates as Julie starts climbing down the stairs. Just as she sets foot in the room, though, the second Temple Guard jumps out and grabs her (2:00).

“Whoa, Temple Guard!” Kirk shouts as Jason looks around for a second before darting for the stairs. “Now it’s turn for Jason—he’s got a lot of ground to cover!” Jason follows Julie’s path exactly, starting off unnecessarily in the Ledges. He swings across the Pit, almost slipping and falling off the ledge when he reaches the opposite side (1:45). “Whoa, careful now!” Kirk warns. “Wouldn’t wanna get caught in the Pit!” Jason climbs up to the Great Seal Room, finds the ladder, and slowly climbs down into the Candelabra Room. He looks at the back of the room and presses the buttons under the candelabras two at a time, with the bulbs on each candelabra lighting up with an orange glow. The fifth candelabra that he lights up causes the lights in the room to brighten significantly, and the door downward to the Tomb of the Headless Kings opens (1:20). “All right, down to the Headless Kings Room,” Kirk says. “Going down, just like they wanted in the first place!” Jason emerges in the Tomb and pulls the vine, releasing a volley of bones into the room and producing the all-too-familiar scream sound effect. After looking around for a few seconds, he finds the skull (1:00), picks it up, and places it on the stage-left skeleton—but nothing happens (0:55). He tries the stage-right skeleton, and the heart of the king starts beating, opening the door to the Snake Pit (0:50). “All right—heart’s pumping, now it’s time to start jumping!” Kirk badly explains as Jason makes his way into the Snake Pit. He looks around for a second or two before finding a rubber snake at the front of the room. He brings it to the stump at the back of the room and places it in one of the holes (0:43). “There’s nothing this guy can’t do—he’s only a few rooms away from the Secret Code,” Kirk affirms. The camera shows Julie on the sidelines, clapping and cheering. When we cut back to Jason, we see that he’s found two more snakes and is placing them inside the stump’s holes. He finds another snake right next to him, and places it in one of the three remaining holes (0:29). Jason frantically looks around for a few more seconds before finding another snake hidden among the foliage, and another next to a fake rock. He brings them to the back of the room and struggles to place them in the stump (0:14). “Only fourteen seconds left—can he reach the necklace?” Kirk asks no one in particular. The second Jason jams the sixth snake into the hole, the door to the Dark Forest flies open, and he hurriedly makes his way into the room as the audience starts counting the remaining seconds down (0:09). “Oh, I don’t think he’s gonna make it!” Kirk groans as Jason reaches into the stage-right tree in search of a key. He pulls one out, but time runs out before he can try any doors at the back of the room.

“Oh, they ran out of time!” Kirk laments as Julie looks slightly disappointed. “They were right under the Secret Necklace, but they didn’t do it in time! That’s all right, because they still get the sports packages for playing anyway, and I know they had a good time, right?” Julie nods. “We always have a great time here, but we’ve gotta go now. We’ll see you next time! Buh-bye!”

Jason emerges from the Temple, and he, Kirk and Julie chat and wave to the crowd as the credits roll.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:38:29 PM by The Bandit King »

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 05:08:59 PM »

The Secret Code of the Condemned Pirate
Season 2, Layout 1 (6 overall)
Artifact Location
: The Shrine of the Silver Monkey
Team: Silver Snakes (Jason Roberts & Julie Devereux)
Pendants: 2
Result: Ran out of time

Despite the atrocious Temple Run at the end, this was certainly not a bad way to start off Season 2 of Legends: Rebirth. The Moat and Steps of Knowledge were watchable, the three all-new Temple Games were extremely entertaining and very well-tied with the legend itself, and the Temple Run, while certainly not the greatest in the world, was okay for what it was.

Julie was a tad on the slow side, but she knew what she was doing. She failed to try the actuators for both the upper and lower crawl tubes in the Ledges, which cost her a little time. She was taken out in the Candelabra Room with exactly two minutes to go.

As a contestant, Jason was smart, but also a little on the slow side. He took the unnecessary trip down to the Ledges, and almost fell off the ledge in the Bottomless Pit. His biggest problem, however, was having to progress through two of the most time-consuming rooms in Rebirth’s tenure, which ate up most of his time. Time ran out on him in the Dark Forest, just as he found a key that may have taken him into the Shrine.

At most, this team would’ve had to pass through ten rooms to get to the Secret Code Necklace. Even with possible shortcuts taken into account, the team that reached the Necklace would had to have been fast due to the time-consuming room objectives—and speed was a trait this team didn’t excel in, unfortunately.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10

Notes and Trivia: This was the first episode of Season 2 to finish production, and also the second episode overall not to feature Kirk’s usual “not just Legends” sendoff.

All three Temple Games in this episode were tweaked versions of existing Temple Games—for example, the third Temple Game was a version of the vertical slot-maze Game in which a player or players usually have to find the exit.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:49:20 PM by The Bandit King »

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 05:47:04 PM »
The Temple Run definitely sounded difficult, but the episode as a whole was very nicely written.  Great choice of legend, and I really liked the flow between the second and third games (gave the episode a sort of "progressive" feel, if you know what I mean), as well as the third game itself? it sounded like it'd be really fun to watch.  Any chance we'll see something like it again? :D
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 05:52:01 PM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
The Temple Run definitely sounded difficult, but the episode as a whole was very nicely written.  Great choice of legend, and I really liked the flow between the second and third games (gave the episode a sort of "progressive" feel, if you know what I mean), as well as the third game itself? it sounded like it'd be really fun to watch.  Any chance we'll see something like it again? :)

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 05:11:43 AM »
Yeah, the transition between the second and third Temple Games was a very nice touch. I think it would be great to have the Temple Games to follow the legend itself, with the different games representing the different events of it (don't mind if I steal this idea, hopefully? :)

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle