Author Topic: Temple Guards  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Temple Guards
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 09:50:30 AM »
I'd be a little scared if I got one in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers (only behind the door guarding the ladder to the King's Storeroom) & the Room of the Ancient Warriors. You can tell if a Temple Guard is in the Swamp or the Quicksand Bog, you can see a little of their headdress sticking up & a different in the patern of the pit stuff. I might get scared a little bit in the Dark Forest, but you can tell when the arms are flailing like a Purple Parrot on the Steps of Knowledge in Robin Hood & Marian's Silk Ladder haha!

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Temple Guards
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2006, 04:46:36 PM »
I would be a little freaked out, but not to the point that I would just bolt out of the temple like the kid at the end of Henry VIII's Great Seal.

Offline The Silver Snake

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Temple Guards
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 05:54:54 PM »
Hey guys, what did you think were the Best Temple Guard Scares?? I really thought that Nick from Henry VIII's Great Seal and the frontrunner from Ponce de Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth were scared the best.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Temple Guards
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 06:34:23 PM »
Henry VIII's great seal had two of the best. No other temple run sticks out in my head in regard to the guards than that one.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Temple Guards
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 06:38:58 PM »
I'm extremely fond of the temple gaurd grabbing in "The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible". You know which one i'm talking about. She's in the Room of the Ancient Warriors. She's so close... there's 16 seconds left on the clock... then she gets grabbed through the wall and we all let out a huge disappointed breath. Not only is that the coolest Room of the Ancient Warriors grab (the temple gaurd had PERFECT timing on that one), but Elisa also had a good reaction and this temple gaurd is definitely the reason that she didn't reach the artifact (it woulda been a close grab had she not been caught by the gaurd).

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
Temple Guards
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 07:27:47 PM »
I also like the shot of Elisa during Kirk's post-run commentary, where she's still inside the suit of armor, out of breath.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Temple Guards
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 07:46:40 PM »
I also like the shot of Elisa during Kirk's post-run commentary, where she's still inside the suit of armor, out of breath.

Yeah, and then in the credits she spins around from behind the suit of armor and gives a big smile. She was a good sport the entire show. Wish that team woulda won. They did absolutely nothing wrong during the temple run and they were both very fast players.... they just got screwed by layout.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Temple Guards
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 11:39:35 AM »
All 3 in "Henry VIII's Great Seal"

The Cave of Size - The girl screams & freaks out & runs backwards

The Heart Room - The Temple Guard comes while she's going up the ladder, she starts to go down when the Temple Guard comes out

The Tomb of the Ancient Kings - Do I have to explain?

Temple Guards
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 11:55:20 AM »
the guard in the lion headed braclet in the ancient wariors. andrea lets out a hugh shriek

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Temple Guards
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2006, 02:34:41 PM »
Not exactly a scare, but today's first episode had a rather hilarious Temple Guard moment.  The second runner gets caught by the third Guard, and not knowing the Run ends when a backrunner has less than a full pendant, she gives him her half pendant and keeps on running for a good 6 seconds before she realizes it's over.  Even Kirk fails to realize the run had ended and just let her go before finally stopping her.

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Temple Guards
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2006, 03:09:48 PM »
That was a classic moment right there, a few seconds before, Kirk said she passed up the half pendent, and then he says she can move on

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Temple Guards
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 03:49:11 AM »
i don't know if this was on purpose but doesn't it seem like the room of the ancient warriors and the dark forest are the most popular rooms for temple guards?

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Temple Guards
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 04:39:57 AM »
The Tomb of the Headless Kings was probably the most popular, and the center room was pretty popular too, but those two rooms also had a lot of guards in them, unlike the top left room

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Temple Guards
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 06:11:38 AM »
Quote from: ""Mstrgmr""
The Tomb of the Headless Kings was probably the most popular, and the center room was pretty popular too, but those two rooms also had a lot of guards in them, unlike the top left room

I did the math, and the Tomb of the Headless Kings was entered 26 times, and of those 26 times there was a guard 17 times, making a ratio of 65.4%. There was another room that would pass it ratio-wise, and that is The Room of Fallen Columns, which was entered 4 times and had a guard appear 3 of those times, for a ratio of 75%. People often overlook that. :wink:

I didn't bother finding out the Dark Forest totals for comparison, because I'd have to flip through 80 of my episode pages again...

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Temple Guards
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006, 05:43:22 AM »
i was watching the stolen arm episode today and there was a temple guard in the cave of size that took the first girls pendant. then once she got taken out by another temple guard and the boy went in the cave of size, he looks at the temple guard and u can hear the temple guard saying "go!,go!,go!". it was weird