Author Topic: Wild Jungle EP: The Regal Robes of the Sun King  (Read 687 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Wild Jungle EP: The Regal Robes of the Sun King
« on: June 26, 2010, 05:10:31 PM »
To find more Wild Jungle episodes, click THIS LINK to go to the Official Episode Guide thread!

The camera makes its way through lush greenery, and the palms move away as ambient animal noises are heard. Portions of a temple are shown, and suddenly the jungle ends, and we see Olmec?s face light up and shout, ?LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE!?

The show?s title card?a pendant of life?crashes together on the screen, and the camera shifts to focus on the temple and its rooms. ?With your guide, Kirk Fogg! And here he is now!?

The pendant splinters and Kirk is seen crawling out of the Jungle Crevice to run right into the center of the stage and up the Steps of Knowledge as he begins his narration.

?Thank you, thank you!? says Kirk. ?It's nice to see you! Thank you, Olmec. Welcome to the Legends of the Hidden Temple. The rooms are filled with lost treasures that are protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards. Only Olmec knows the legend behind each of the treasures in his temple. Which one are we going to hear about today??

Olmec replies, ?The Legend of The Regal Robes of the Sun King!?

?Oh, it?s the Regal Robes of the Sun King!? repeats Kirk. ?Well, one of these six teams will have the chance to retrieve the Regal Robes?will it be The Red Jaguars??

At this point, the camera focuses on each team as they are introduced.

?The Blue Barracudas??
?The Green Monkeys??
?The Orange Iguanas??
?The Purple Parrots??
?Or the Silver Snakes??

?They?re going to have to pass some tough mental and physical tests,? continues Kirk, ?and in the end, only one team will have the right to enter Olmec?s temple, but first they have to cross the moat, and Olmec?s gonna tell us how they have to do it today.?

Olmec instructs:
?Before you, an ancient post protrudes from the water, and in front of it is an old vine. When Kirk gives the signal, climb up the ladder and balance yourself on top of the pole. Then, grab the rope and swing out to the other platform, and slide down onto the deck. Then your partner will climb up the post, swing out to the platform and slide onto deck. When the second player reaches the other side, run over and hit the gong!?

Kirk hits the Silver Snakes? gong to demonstrate, which?in turn?lights up a bright silver.

?The first four teams to hit their gongs will go on to the next round,? finishes Olmec. ?All right, teams?are you ready?? Kirk asks.

The teams excitedly reply, ?Yeeaahhhh!?

Kirk then asks, ?Olmec, are you ready??

?I?m ready ta roll!? replies Olmec.

?So am I,? responds Kirk. ?Teams! On your marks, get set? GO!?

The first player from each team begins climbing the ladders, with no clear leader. ?Now comes the tough bit?swinging across,? says Kirk as the first swings are made. ?And the Blue Barracudas?ve fallen in! Orange Iguanas have got their first player on, here come the rest?? Despite the Blue Barracudas? slip-up, the second players are all neck-and-neck, and it isn?t long until the gongs start ringing in unison. ?This is going to be close!? shouts Kirk as the first players make it onto the deck. ?One? two? three?? Kirk counts as each gong sounds ?? FOUR! We?ve got our four teams right there! Stop right there??

A bird?s-eye view shot shows the four lit gongs before Kirk appears onscreen standing next to the Silver Snakes. ?Going on to the Steps of Knowledge,? he announces, ?are the Silver Snakes?and the Purple Parrots?and the Blue Barracudas?and the Red Jaguars.?

?The Green Monkeys and the Orange Iguanas gave it a great effort too,? he says, ?and they?re not going away empty handed. We?ve got a great gift for them, and here?s what it is??

Dee reads the prize:
?It?s a $50 savings bond from Nestle! Hey kids, here?s an easy act to follow?turn an ordinary glass of milk into a thick, chocolatey treat. Nestle Quik?it?s magic in the making!?

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 05:10:56 PM »
The screen transitions to a shot of the four teams atop the Steps of Knowledge. ?As the quest continues,? says Kirk, ?it?s now time for Olmec to tell us about The Regal Robes of the Sun King. But teams?pay attention, because your knowledge of the legend can bring you a step closer to Olmec?s temple.?

Olmec narrates the legend:
?One of the greatest rulers of France was Louis XIV, otherwise known as the Sun King. He began his reign in 1643 and was crowned king of France 11 years later, at the age of 15. Throughout his reign as king, he turned France into one of the best places to live in and a high-class country. By the 1660s, Louis had turned France into the most powerful country in Europe. Legend has it, as a child, young Louis wanted to be a performer instead of the next heir to the throne.

??Louis,? said his father, the King of France, one day, ?you must learn more politics to prepare you when you become a king some day!?

??But father,? pleaded Louis, ?you know that I will??

??Zen why are you clogging your mind with zees plays??

??Father, this isn?t a play??

??I don?t care!? retorted Louis? father. ?I want you to study ZIS! Now!?

?But Louis did not want to have his interests taken away from him. He continued to secretly practice and eventually went on to start in Lully?s famous Ballet de la nuit as the Sun. To always remember his achievement as a performer, he had the sun made his symbol, after his love for the arts, and had it embroidered on his robes. His perseverance as a young child made him a fine king, but his robes disappeared after his death and made their way to the temple! Your quest is to find the Regal Robes of the Sun King and bring them back here.?

?But where are the Regal Robes?? questions Kirk.

?The Regal Robes of the Sun King can be found? in the Forest of a Thouuuuuusand Draaaaagons?? says Olmec, stretching out the words mysteriously as a camera zooms in on the robes, laying atop a pile of rocks in the middle of the room.

?Alright,? says Kirk. ?Teams?you are now standing on the Steps of Knowledge. In a minute, Olmec?s gonna ask you a question. If you think you know the answer, stomp down on the ancient marking in front of you. If you?re right, you?ll move down to the next level, but if you?re wrong or run out of time, I?m gonna have to give the other teams a chance to answer. The first two teams that make it to the bottom level?? Kirk runs down the steps, then walks out of view ??will be one step closer to Olmec?s temple. Olmec, we?re now ready for your first question??

Olmec asks: ?Was Louis the XIV king of?France, Prussia, or Italy??

The Red Jaguars stomp down: ?France!?

?That is correct!? replies Olmec. ?OK, step down, Red Jaguars!? says Kirk. ?Next question??

Olmec asks: ?Was Louis crowned king at the age of?13, 15, or??

The Blue Barracudas ring in: ?15!?

?That is correct,? announces Olmec. ?All right, nice job Blue Barracudas!? Kirk says as the Blue Barracudas step down to the join the Red Jaguars next to them. ?Next question??

Olmec asks: ?According to legend, did Louis want to become?a writer, a performer, or a painter??

The Silver Snakes buzz in: ?A? painter??

?Incorrect,? says Olmec.

The Red Jaguars hit their marking: ?A performer!?

?THAT is correct,? declares Olmec. ?Whoa, just like that, the Red Jaguars are one step away from the temple games!? observes Kirk. ?Olmec, next question.?

Olmec asks: ?King Louis performed in Ballet de la Nuit. Was ballet created in?Italy, Russia??

The Purple Parrots guess: ?Italy??

?That is correct!? booms Olmec. ?All right, now the Purple Parrots are on the board!? comments Kirk. ?Still anybody?s ball game? next question, Olmec.?

Olmec asks: ?King Louis reigned during the 1600s??

The Silver Snakes stomp down much too early: ?Um? uh??

A buzzer sounds before the Silver Snakes are able to say anything else. ?Incorrect,? says Olmec. ?King Louis reigned during the 1600s. Were the 1600s part of the?16th century??

The Red Jaguars quickly ring in: ?The 17th century!?

?That is correct!? shouts Olmec as the Red Jaguars happily jump onto the bottom step. ?The Red Jaguars are going on to the temple games!? declares Kirk. ?They?re excited? but we?re still looking for one more team. Who?s it gonna be?the Blue Barracudas, the Purple Parrots, or the Silver Snakes? Next question??

Olmec asks: ?Louis was nicknamed the Sun King after?his love of daylight, his symbol being a sun, or??

The Blue Barracudas interject: ?His symbol being a sun??

?That is correct,? replies Olmec. ?Step down, Blue Barracudas!? urges Kirk. ?Now they?re only one step away from the temple games? still plenty of time, though. Olmec, next question.?

Olmec asks: ?According to legend, did King Louis?wear a sun-disk on his head, carve a sun emblem in his crown, or embroider a sun on his robes??

The Blue Barracudas buzz in: ?He emborde?embroidered the sun on his robe!?

?THAT IS CORRECT!? bellows Olmec. ?These two teams are going to the temple games!? says Kirk as he runs over to the bottom step. ?They pulled it out of the clutch, but the Blue Barracudas and the Red Jaguars are moving on! Purple Parrots, Silver Snakes? you guys gave it a great effort, and you?re not going away empty-handed. Here?s what we?ve got for them!?

Dee reads the prize:
?It?s a savings bond from Hush Puppies! Every contestant will receive a pair of comfortable, stylish shoes that fit every foot. Hush Puppies?we invented casual!?

The screen wipes to reveal Kirk with his hands on the two remaining teams? shoulders. ?These two teams are gonna be playing for the rights to enter Olmec?s temple,? announces Kirk, ?and they?re gonna do it?right after this!? The camera looks up, then does a rapid zoom-in on the audience. Two halves of a pendant of life crash together to form the show?s logo, and we fade to commercial.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 05:11:20 PM »
The camera zooms out from a small rock lying in some foliage, swivels over to face the temple, and then we fade to Kirk and the two teams.

?Welcome back to Legends,? says Kirk, standing in front of The Jungle Crevice with the two remaining teams. ?Now the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest? so before we get started, why don?t we meet our teams?? He turns to a short blonde girl on his right. ?On the Red Jaguars, we have Kelly. Kelly?it says here that you like dancing, is that right??

?Yeah,? says Kelly, ?um, I started dancing when my mom put me into a ballet class when I was about four, and I thought I wouldn?t like it, but I do now, I guess?? She finishes with a smile.

?Ballet!? comments Kirk. ?Hmm, just like King Louis! All right, and we also have Bryan. Now Bryan, you like to skateboard? well, tell me about some of the stuff you do on the skateboard.?

?Well, I usually just skateboard on the sidewalks and at the park,? explains Bryan, ?and I sometimes try my luck on the half-pipe but, um? nothing really impressive yet??

?Oh, I?m sure you?ll get better as time goes on,? says Kirk. ?Let?s hear it for the Red Jaguars!? The audience applauds with the team, while Kirk moves over to the brown-haired girl with glasses on the Blue Barracudas.

?And over here on the Blue Barracudas,? continues Kirk, ?we have Lilli. Now, Lilli, you enjoy hiking and mountain climbing?why is that so??

?Um, my parents took me out once,? she says, ?and it kinda grew on me.?

?All right, sounds cool,? says Kirk, looking at his notecard and turning to her partner, a tall boy with long dark hair, ?and also, we have Carlos. Carlos, you enjoy? uh, video editing. Tell me about that.?

?I just enjoy editing videos, like on the computer,? replies Carlos, ?and I got inspired by videos that I saw online, like on YouTube and stuff.?

?We have talent here,? declares Kirk. ?Let?s hear it for the Blue Barracudas!? The audience, once again, cheers along with the team before Kirk begins again.

?Okay, why don?t you all get ready for your temple games,? advises Kirk, ?while I?ll explain what?s going to happen here.? Kirk points the players in different directions, and they all walk off-camera.

?In the temple games, teams are competing for pendants of life?? Kirk grabs a pendant out of his pouch and holds it up to the camera. ?The winning team will need those pendants to protect themselves from the dreaded temple guards, as they make their way through the temple. There are three temple games, and Olmec is going to tell us about Temple Game #1.?

Olmec explains:
?Like any other king, King Louis XIV wore a crown. Before you are some of Louis? royal crowns that need to be cleaned, and it?s your job to bring them back! When Kirk gives the signal, crawl out, grab a crown, and then come back and place it in your bin. Then crawl out and do it again?but beware of the swinging boulder on your trips! If you are hit, you must go back and start again. The first team to return all four crowns, or the team that returns the most crowns at the end of 60 seconds? wins.?

?Let?s put 60 seconds on the clock!? says Kirk.

The clock appears in the corner of the screen. ?On your marks, get set? GO!? The music launches the players into action, crawling along the pathways and each grabbing their first crown?but Lilli is hit by the boulder on her way back. ?Oh, gotta put it back and try again,? says Kirk as the Red Jaguars take the lead with their first crown. ?Still got lots of time to catch up, though.? [0:52] Kelly is on her way for her second crown when she tries to dodge the boulder, but doesn?t duck low enough and is hit on her back. ?Now the Red Jaguars have to go back!? commentates Kirk. ?That gives the Blue Barracudas a chance to catch up?oh, but they get hit again!? True enough, Lilli is sent back without retrieving her second crown, and Kelly takes the small lead back. [0:38] The players both retrieve their third crowns flawlessly, but as Kelly tries to reach for the fourth, she is hit by the boulder. ?OH! The Red Jaguars were so close?? says Kirk, disappointed, as Lilli desperately scrambles to catch up. [0:13] ?Only a few seconds left?? announces Kirk, as the audience begins to count down. ?It?s gonna come down to the wire! Can she get it? Can the Red Jaguars pull it off? Will she?no! Time?s up!?

The clock graphic explodes to end the game. ?Come on over here,? says Kirk, running to the baskets. ?Let?s count up and see? The Red Jaguars got one? two? three crowns,? says Kirk, as he tosses the crowns out of the basket. ?And the Blue Barracudas got one? two? three crowns! It?s a tie?they each get the half-pendant!? Kirk high-fives both of the girls as the audience applauds briefly. ?Well, let?s see if we can break that tie with our next game,? he continues. ?It?s worth a half-pendant; Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #2.?

Olmec narrates:
?During King Louis? rule, the French fought in many wars. Today, you are going to fight in one of King Louis? wars yourself?riding on your trusty horse, of course. When Kirk gives the signal, hold on tight, because your horse will start to gallop. Each time you fall off, your opponent will score one point. The team who scores the most points at the end of 60 seconds wins.?

?Good luck, guys,? says Kirk as he backs away to get a clear view of the game. ?Let?s put 60 seconds on the clock!?

The clock slams down into the corner of the screen. ?On your marks, get set? GO!? The spotters immediately begin tugging their handles, rocking the ?horses? back and forth violently. ?It starts of kinda slowly,? comments Kirk, as the spotters get more vigorous with their rocking, ?but it?s getting wild and woolly out there fast?but hey, it?s Wild Jungle after all.? [0:44] Both boys still look strong after about 20 seconds into the game, and ??I wonder if they can make it through all the way,? says Kirk to himself. A few moments later, Carlos finds himself slipping down the side of the horse. ?Can he hold on? NO!? yells Kirk as Carlos drops from the horse, scoring the Red Jaguars one point. [0:23] The moment he climbs back on, the horses begin bucking again? and Carlos falls again shortly. ?OH!? groans Kirk. ?Blue is off again; just a few seconds left?? With 10 seconds remaining, Bryan finally falls off his horse, and just as he climbs back on, TIME IS UP!

?Okay, time?s up,? says Kirk to the spotters, who stop the horses and help the players off. ?Well, the Red Jaguars scored two points and the Blue Barracudas only scored one, so that gives the Red Jaguars the half-pendant of life!? The players stumble their way over to Kirk, as he continues. ?So now the Red Jaguars have a full pendant, the Blue Barracudas have a half, and we?re moving into our final game. It?s worth a full pendant?Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #3.?

Olmec continues:
?Like any royalty, King Louis lived in a big, beautiful palace. Before you stands a palace just like his, as confusing and dangerous as any palace can be. When Kirk gives the signal, step out onto the first step. If it stays in place, move on to the next, but if it sinks, you must go back and start again. When you reach the other side, crown the king, and then it?ll be your partner?s turn to try the same. The first team to get both players across and crown both kings, or the team that?s further along at the end of 60 seconds? wins.

?This is for the temple!? announces Kirk. ?Let?s put 60 seconds on the clock!?

The clock slams down into the corner of the screen. ?On your marks, get set? GO!? Kelly and Carlos start off, stepping on the steps directly in front of them. ?This is about luck at first,? explains Kirk, ?but then you?ve got to get your memory workin? to make sure you don?t step on the wrong one again.? [0:46] Carlos is the first to step on a sinking step, and ends up in a misty pit of foam blocks below. ?Oh, Blue Barracudas are down?gotta go back and try again!? says Kirk. Kelly, on the other hand, is making good progress, about ? of the way across? until the step she?s on sinks. [0:30] She races back to the start, as Carlos nears the halfway point on his side?but sinks again?and furiously maneuvers through the poles, remembering her path vividly. ?The Red Jaguars are blazing!? comments an excited Kirk, as Kelly steps off onto the platform and places the crown on the first king. [0:08] ?The Blue Barracudas are gonna have to make a break for it?time?s running out!? yells Kirk, as the clock ticks down its final seconds. ?Aaaaaaand? that?s it!? announces Kirk as the clock hits zero.

?Come on down here, guys? Blue Barracudas, right down here?? Kirk calls for the teams as he runs down to the center of the massive prop. ?All right? the Red Jaguars managed to crown one king, and the Blue Barracudas had a tough break, they couldn?t crown any? so they get the full pendant of life! That gives them two pendants, the Blue Barracudas had a half? the Red Jaguars are going to the temple!? The audience explodes in applause at this statement.

?Great work by both teams,? continues Kirk, ?they worked hard, they gave it their all?and the Blue Barracudas here aren?t going away empty handed. We?ve got a great gift for ?em and here?s what it is??

Dee reads the prize:
?It?s $100 worth of Toys ?r? Us Geoffrey dollars! A great gift idea, because they?re good as cash at any Toys ?r? Us store in the U.S.A.!?

?They?ve made it through this far,? yells Kirk with an excited Red Jaguars team cheering beside him, ?so let?s see if they can make it through Olmec?s temple?right after this!? Kirk points to the camera?appearing to have a protective cover over it?which spins around, runs up the Steps of Knowledge, turns back towards the temple, and then falls backward into the Moat, stopping just inches above the water, before finally fading out.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 05:11:34 PM »
The show?s logo splits, the camera zooms out from a moss-coated lit Red Jaguars? gong, and then we fade to Kirk with his hands on the Red Jaguars? shoulders.

?Welcome back to Legends,? he says. ?The Red Jaguars have proven themselves worthy and now have earned the right to enter Olmec?s temple. But first, Olmec?s going to give them some information to help them retrieve The Regal Robes of the Sun King.?

Olmec begins his rundown:
?You could start by climbing through the Tigers' Den and climbing down into the Jungle Crevice. Crawl through the pit, then race into the Treasury of the Monkeys. Find the right bunch of bananas, and you could choose to go up into the Anaconda's Sanctuary, or into the Grand Marsh. Open the crocodiles? mouths to find the tongue, and you might have a chance to enter The Forest? of a Thousand Dragons?where you can grab the Regal Robes of the Sun King. Reach into the dragon?s mouths and find the key?but be careful: one of the dragons might be inhabited by the spirit of a Temple Guard! If they grab you, you?ll have to give up a Pendant of Life. Next, plow through the wall and into the Lion Cage.

?There, ride the elevator up into the Catfish Cove. Find the correct bucket, and open the door to the Shriiiiine?of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the statue, and you may be headed for the Vine Drop. Pull the vines to open the doors, and race up to the Wildebeests' Hideout. Turn the correct horn, and swing on the vine across the Jungle Crevice. Then, pass thru the Room of the Tropicana Birds, race down the stairs, and back through the temple gates. The choices are yours and yours alone. You won two pendants in the temple games. Who's going first??

?I am,? volunteers Kelly.

?Very well, Kelly!? replies Olmec. ?When Kirk gives the signal, you'll race through the gates into the temple, and make your way towards the Regal Robes. Hidden inside the temple are temple guards assigned to protect three specific rooms. You can trade your pendant for an extra life and go on but if you're caught without a pendant, you'll be taken out of the temple...and it will be Bryan?s turn to enter and try his luck. If you can reach the Regal Robes, all the doors of the temple will instantly unlock and the temple guards will vanish. Return through the gates with The Regal Robes of the Sun King in three minutes, and you will both be handsomely rewarded?and here's how!?

Dee reads the team?s prizes:
?   For just going into the temple, you?ll both receive a digital camera! The Sony DSC-W380 features a 14 megapixel lens, customizable features, and video recording. It?s super clear and super steady, from Sony.
?   If you can grab the Regal Robes before three minutes is up, you?ll also receive a Diamondback bike! This all-terrain mountain bicycles come with lightweight aluminum bodies and 24 speeds. From Diamondback.
?   And if you can bring the Regal Robes out of the temple before three minutes is up, you?ll both be going to Busch Gardens! Busch Gardens Africa in Tampa, Florida, featuring dazzling scenery and the tallest, steepest, and scariest roller coaster on the east coast?Sheikra! From Anheiser-Busch Entertainment!

?Let?s see if we can get them to Busch Gardens!? shouts an excited Kirk. ?Let?s get in position?mouthpieces in. Let?s put three minutes on the clock!?

The clock slams down into the corner of the screen. ?And Monsieur Olmec, please lower your gate.? The gate lowers as Olmec moans and the lights around him switch off. ?On your mark, get set? GO!?

?There she goes, into the temple!? Kirk begins as two pendants and a map slide onscreen. ?Which way is she going? Up or down? It looks like she?s going? up, into the Room of the Tropicana Birds!? Kelly races up the stairs and immediately hits the beak of the first bird she sees?right as the first TEMPLE GUARD jumps out of his door. ?Whoa!? comments Kirk as Kelly calmly hands the guard her pendant. ?She?s unfazed, though, and she?s moving on!? [2:46] She hits the second beak, and opens the door to the Jungle Crevice quickly. Kelly runs down the stairway, slows down and holds onto the wall, then grabs the vine and swings across the crevice. ?She?s making great time so far,? says Kirk, as Kelly hits an actuator and opens the door to the Wildebeasts? Hideout with 2:35 left on the clock. She jogs up the steps and enters the highest point of the temple, looking eerily dark. ?She?s got to turn the correct horn,? explains Kirk, ?and that?ll open a door?she turns both at the same time, good move!? The door down to the Anaconda?s Sanctuary opens, and Kelly begins to climb down the ladder.

[2:11] As the camera zooms in on the Anaconda?s Sanctuary, we see Kelly appear backing her way down the ladder into the room. Not wasting any time, she turns around and grabs the snake from the front of the room and begins to feed it into the stage-right ?nest?, opening the doors immediately. ?Nice job!? shouts Kirk as she crawls into the Vine Drop?right as a TEMPLE GUARD jumps out from the back door, taking her out with 1:52 left!

?Oh, go, go, Bryan!? Kirk yells as Bryan is seen tearing up the front steps of the temple, disappearing behind Olmec?s headdress momentarily before he races up to the Room of the Tropicana Birds and right through into the Jungle Crevice. [1:37] He crosses the pit successfully, and races up to the Wildebeasts? Hideout before heading down into the Anaconda?s Sanctuary. ?He?s fast and furious!? comments Kirk, as Bryan reaches the Vine Drop. ?This is where Kelly got taken out by a dreaded temple guard?can he make up for the lost time?? [1:19] He initially puts his foot into the plants rising from the middle of the room, but then changes his mind and pulls down on the vines. Creaking noises are heard as he tugs each vine, and then a bang as the door to the Shrine opens. ?He?s going into the Shriiiiiiiiiine of the Silver Monkey!? Kirk commentates, imitating Olmec, as Bryan enters the room. He looks around before he grabs the largest piece?the base?off the ledge containing the door downward and places it in the pedestal. [0:54] ?He?s right above the Regal Robes now!? comments Kirk. ?He?s got 50 seconds left?can he make it? But first things first, you?ve gotta put that monkey together, and that?s always hard!? Bryan fiddles about with the middle section before he can get it in place correctly, and then grabs the head, positioning it properly before sliding it in through the top and slamming it down, opening the door to the Catfish Cove with 35 seconds remaining.

Racing at breakneck speed, Bryan heads into the room and slams the door of the cage shut. Trundling along downward, the elevator takes what seems like eternity to get to the bottom. ?All right, go, Bryan!? cheers Kirk as time ticks away.  ?Bust through the wall!? [0:12] Bryan crawls out of the elevator, stands up, and breaks through the wall into the Forest of a Thousand Dragons with FIVE SECONDS REMAINING. ?Go, go, grab it!? yells Kirk, as Bryan squats, grabs the robes, and holds them high above his head as time just runs out.

?They got it! They got the robes!? says Kirk excitedly. ?It was coming down to the wire there, but he made it and grabbed the robes before time ran out. That was exciting?it?s been an exciting here, I had a lot of fun?hope you did too! We?re outta time?seeya next time for another great Legend of the Hidden Temple! Buh-bye!?

The credits begin to scroll as various ending scenes are shown: Bryan returning to the gatefront and giving Kelly a hug, open doors in the Jungle Crevice, and mist spewing out of a fog machine in the Shrine. Finally, the camera fades out, and the light bulb-Nickelodeon logo is shown as an electric buzzing noise is heard.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 05:26:37 PM »
Artifact Name: The Regal Robes of the Sun King
Result: Reached Artifact
Time Remaining: N/A
Pendants Won: 2
Diagram:

Summary:

Not a bad episode overall, actually. The Moat crossing was one of my favorites for the season - one with multiple tasks: climb up onto a pole, swing across the Moat, slide down onto the deck. It was over fairly quickly, with the Red Jaguars, Blue Barracudas, Purple Parrots, and Silver Snakes gonging in more or less at the same time.

The legend... heh... I know for a fact that King Louis did all the things that Olmec said he did, except the part that he wanted to be a performer instead of a king. :)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »
I gotta say, this totally kicks the crap out of my Louis XIV episode. :lol: I especially liked the legend and, of course, the exciting Temple Run? the team did great considering they went through nine rooms.

Question on the first Temple Game: Were the players required to crawl the entire time (that is, would running up and down the track have forced either of them to restart?).
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 07:14:23 PM »
Great, suspenseful Temple Run. Riding the elevator usually means a team doesn't make it out in time, but at least this team made it to the Robes. Good work!
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Dark Enforcer

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000180933061
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »
Factual Error: Anheiser-Busch Entertainment no longer owns Busch Gardens.

The company that owns Busch Gardens is called the Blackstone Group! Busch Gardens is now a subdivision of their SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment division!

Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

Temple Run Victor-The Paint-Stained Tablecloth of Claude Monet

"King's Storeroom" Co-Owner, "The Choices Are Yours" Co-Owner/Legend Contributor, and "Room of the Mandarin Hand" Corrections Specialist.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 04:28:47 AM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
Question on the first Temple Game: Were the players required to crawl the entire time (that is, would running up and down the track have forced either of them to restart?).
Crawling all the time. I wanted a to add more a more challenging aspect to the original game I based it on.

Quote from: ""The Dark Enforcer""
Factual Error: Anheiser-Busch Entertainment no longer owns Busch Gardens.

The company that owns Busch Gardens is called the Blackstone Group! Busch Gardens is now a subdivision of their SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment division!

Factual Error: The second season of Wild Jungle was taped in 2009. I remember clearly a lot of arguing on a roller coaster forum I'm on about Busch Gardens' future, so I'm sure it was still under ABE then. :P

You know what? I'm just going to add in dates to my episode guide right now.