Author Topic: Throne of the Pretender Question  (Read 787 times)

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Throne of the Pretender Question
« on: July 10, 2006, 05:45:49 PM »
Inquiry: After the runner grabbed the artifact and the doors became unlocked, what happened in the Throne Room? The one where the wall spun around.

This was probably answered in an episode, which is why I am asking, but I've never seen it.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 06:25:01 PM »
The crew would spin it around so that the seat was on the left of the room (if it was not in that position already), which allowed contestants to enter the room from the left and the top. If a player entered the room through the Swamp or The Heart Room/Medusa's Lair, the wall was spun back to its original position, where the seat was on the right of the room, effectively allowing access back to the Pit of Despair.

I'm not 100% positive this is how it happened, but its my only guess.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 01:08:01 AM »
Well, in "The Lucky Medallion of Atocha" which was just on like 4 minutes ago, the boy runs through the throne rom on his way out of the temple and the throne was spun around to his side. He then sat on it and it let him escape to the pit.

Offline Blue Barracuda

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 03:23:35 AM »
I saw it one time as sitting with the wall being even with the back wall, so all you had to do was run straight through.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 06:09:44 AM »
I saw it one time as sitting with the wall being even with the back wall, so all you had to do was run straight through.

That's possible, however it blocks access to the center room when it's in that position... Hm... It's possible they controlled it differently on a show-to-show basis.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 09:50:03 AM »
The Throne of the Pretender really puzzles me. I mean, even when the door was already open, they sat on the Throne of the Pretender in BOTH seasons! The second season, I guess that  the whole spinning wall made it that you couldn't squeeze through, so you had to sit on it, kinda like how there was little room in the Room of the Ancient Warriors (no pun intended). They still sat on it in season 1 when there was room to run through. Oh well, just my two cents.