Author Topic: My rant on recent events  (Read 214 times)

Offline rjaguar3

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
My rant on recent events
« on: October 13, 2009, 07:11:53 AM »
I believe myself to be an impartial witness to the events that occurred yesterday.  While I believe that both sides are at fault in some way, I think that the resolution is quite satisfying to me for the following reason:

This forum should not be a repository for open copyright infringement.  Copyright infringement outside the limited realm of "fair use" is unacceptable, and I hope that the administrators enforce a policy to ensure that no threads like the one that was just neutered will ever be created again.

As someone who was about to invite executives to visit the forums, I knew that the thread that was just neutered was an elephant in the room that needed to be taken care of.  I knew that I could not mention the most prominent Legends forum on the Internet in a letter that I would have written to Mr. Stanley because of the significant possibility of legal action on the owners (and perhaps members of the site).  Fortunately, thanks to yesterday's events, I can say that, as a member, (and I'm sure Ed will back me up from the administrator's point of view) there are currently no secret forums or places where any sort of illegal activity is sanctioned.

Finally, I just want to leave you with this note.  Many of you expressed interest in wanting some sort of revival of Legends.  The problem is that every single time that something like what just happened happens, it reflects negatively on us and on all Legends fans, and it may very well prevent a revival from being created that otherwise may have been made.  I hope you all appreciate the gravity of this matter.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
My rant on recent events
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:34:37 AM »
If the folks at CNS didn't whine about their links being stolen and then ban some of us, none of this would have happened.

All I did was post the links to the Legends encodes so all of you guys could watch them. Then nickgas_misser posted some other links and it all snowballed from there.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My rant on recent events
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 12:16:31 PM »
I think this thread is going overboard on claiming that we deal with illegal activities here. Last time I checked, there were only a few threads that posted to links of videos for Legends episodes that were uploaded by another website. Its not like anyone here was selling copies of Legends videos and marketing it as their own product. The only real "issue" here is a site getting upset about us "stealing" videos. It has nothing to do with illegal activities.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My rant on recent events
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 02:30:18 PM »
I think that this may be in the wrong forum, but I'm not going to say anything else about that kind of thing.

First off, we're not profiting off of Viacom's shows in any way, and we're not asking for that, either. We aren't "a threat to their profits" anymore as well because Nick GaS went kaboom in April.

Secondly, none of us, IIRC, have been asking for a type of revival. We only imagined how bad a Legends revival would be. :lol: The only "revivals" on the forums are the fanfic series in the Treasure Room.

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
My rant on recent events
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 06:49:06 PM »
Moved to the Moat, since this is more or less a suggestion thread. I'm not prepared to say anything about this yet, so I'll talk to the other mods first.