Author Topic: Possible Site Correction...?  (Read 607 times)

Offline Asian Legends Fan

• Olmec
  • Vittujen kevät ja kyrpien takatalvi, perkele!
    • View Profile
Possible Site Correction...?
« on: September 19, 2009, 10:55:10 PM »
I'm not saying that every site owner should change this information, but just insinuating. :P

Anyway, most sites explain "The Throne Room" from Season 2 a little like this...

In this updated version of the Season 1 room, the throne is attached to a reversible wall. Players sit upon the Throne of the Pretender while pressing two armrest actuators, causing the throne to swing around the wall. This allows access to any opened doors.

A player entering this room would have to sit upon the Throne of the Pretender and hit two actuators mounted near the armrests to swing round a wall allowing acess to the Swamp and the center of the temple.

... embarrassingly, those are the only two descriptions of the S2 Throne Room I could find. Technically, though, as proved in "The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor", the only thing a contestant really needed to do was to hit the actuators on the armrests. If they wanted, contestants could just press the two actuators and go up. No sitting on the Throne was actually required, although it just had to be done so that contestants could go to the Swamp.

Sorry for a semi-pointless thread. ^^ Something I just suddenly noticed.
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

Favorite Season: Season Two

There's no recess and no rules in the school of life.
Brothers and sisters in metal together will conquer the evil as one.

As I begin this journey through my times
Notes will be spilled under childish rhymes
Of all the things that make me mad
Incomprehensible and iron-clad

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!

• Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »
I believe there isn't an actuator there. I know a lot of people do (I think... not too sure =P) but I can't clearly see any thing sticking up from that block, and if the actuator was truly embedded so deeply into the block, I doubt that simply stepping on it could press it down completely.
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 11:07:50 PM »
Then, how did Paula get into the Swamp?
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 11:12:51 PM »
I have a feeling the crew was supposed to turn the Throne around, but couldn't in time. A bad cue perhaps? After all, it was the first day. So they just let her in.

Come to think about it, how many rooms ever had two different objectives? Only almost all the rooms in the top corner, and only two others - The Treasure Room and the Room of the Golden Idols. I don't think it would've really worked out like that in Season 2, or else if another bad cue occured, all the player would have to do is stomp on the block and ride the Throne around past the inactive double doors.
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.