Author Topic: Favorite example of bad editting on the show?  (Read 4840 times)

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
Favorite example of bad editting on the show?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006, 05:09:28 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
To answer the question about who is announcing the temple run when ''Kirk is not,'' it is not, in any way, the fault of the production staff.  It is the fault of Nick GaS.  On some networks, they have the ability to ''speed up'' shows if they feel that they won't get enough ad time or what have you.  Some networks are more noticeable than others when they do this.

I only know this happens on Nick GaS because I watched the same temple run on the same day in two different time slots.  The one during the 7:00 PM hour was fine, but the 10:00 PM hour was definitely sped up.
You know, this may be true; however, I just took a look at the ''Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor'' episode on YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=vaRbLnUb_Gg), and I timed the temple run with Kirk's distorted voice (which sounds fine until Missy is past the Temple Gate), and it was perfectly timed--second-for-second--with the show's clock. this would suggest to me that the tape was not sped up at all during this run, yet Kirk's voice is definitely skewed.

Actually, there are some very specific episodes that also featured Kirk sounding edited when they were brand new and first run on Nickelodeon - I have old tapes to back it up. The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, the Golden Goblet of Atilla the Hun, and The Enormous Nose Ring of Babe (the Ox) are other Season 2 examples of this. My suspicion is that Kirk said something he wasn't supposed to during the live taping or some background noise interfered with his commentary and they had him re-record all or part of the run. It sounds more like a bad dub than a different person altogether. (Or maybe Kirk just had a head cold that day.  :lol: )

Offline Asian Legends Fan

• Olmec
  • Vittujen kev├Ąt ja kyrpien takatalvi, perkele!
    • View Profile
Favorite example of bad editting on the show?
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 11:09:39 PM »
*Bump*

I think it was in "The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief", but the moment Olmec announces the artifact name, the audience suddenly decides to go wild. Sounds like bad editing to me. And how about that weird cut after the time runs out in the second temple game of "The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor"?
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

Favorite Season: Season Two

There's no recess and no rules in the school of life.
Brothers and sisters in metal together will conquer the evil as one.

As I begin this journey through my times
Notes will be spilled under childish rhymes
Of all the things that make me mad
Incomprehensible and iron-clad

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!