Author Topic: Did Ron ever complete the Treasury of the Golden Orbs obj.?  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
Did Ron ever complete the Treasury of the Golden Orbs obj.?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 01:42:50 AM »
Okay, though it is blurry, you can see all 3 orbs not in a pedestal below, so now I don't know if he completed the objective.

EDIT: Sorry for the pause sign, I was using Dailymotion and had to pause it to get a screencap.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Did Ron ever complete the Treasury of the Golden Orbs obj.?
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
I'm convinced it was some inconsistent editing; perhaps something happened in the Treasury and the room had to be reset or something. I'm no expert on filming gameshows, so I wouldn't know how it worked, but then again if he held down the actuator for enough it might have opened (like how someone - forgot who - theorized that Bobby opened the door by pressing down on the actuator for a long time).

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Re: Did Ron ever complete the Treasury of the Golden Orbs obj.?
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 10:53:22 AM »
The Golden Orbs isn't an actuator room. All of the teams that went in that room had to complete the objective to open a door.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 11:00:18 AM »
Alright, first of all, it's Kirk Fogg. :wink:

I have no idea if it was bad editing, like that unrealistic cut in "The Mask of Shaka Zulu" or "The Milk Bucket of Freydis". Perhaps the camera was just focusing on Katherine cheering, but this has happened before in "The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata", when the camera cuts to Robert yelling, "GO! YOU CAN DO IT!" and then Olivia is in Medusa's Lair. Since she started going up to the Observatory, I have no idea if something happened and she was allowed to take a different way when they restarted the run, or if she just made a quick change of direction.

So basically... I think that Ron probably did complete the objective. At least the editing isn't as weird as Shaka Zulu.

Can you tell me where the weird editing is in those episodes? i just want to see it for myself.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 11:01:20 AM »
Maybe the pedestals that the players put the orbs on were broken in this run? If the run was restarted, then here's what might have happened before it: Ron might have tried all three orbs and all three pedestals (different combinations), but none of them worked. This probably resulted in time running out. After the run, the producers probably found an error in the Treasury and gave Ron another shot. If so, they probably put Ron back in the Treasury and restarted the run at about the time he started pushing buttons. Maybe the producers panned to "Fred" and Kirk in hopes of trying to hide this potential production error? During this pan, they just let Ron enter the Shrine without having to actually do anything in the Treasury.

Hopefully this makes sense.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 11:55:28 AM »
Maybe the pedestals that the players put the orbs on were broken in this run? If the run was restarted, then here's what might have happened before it: Ron might have tried all three orbs and all three pedestals (different combinations), but none of them worked. This probably resulted in time running out. After the run, the producers probably found an error in the Treasury and gave Ron another shot. If so, they probably put Ron back in the Treasury and restarted the run at about the time he started pushing buttons. Maybe the producers panned to "Fred" and Kirk in hopes of trying to hide this potential production error? During this pan, they just let Ron enter the Shrine without having to actually do anything in the Treasury.

Actually, I think this theory makes a lot of sense.  I guess this is where the phrase "Portions of this show have been edited not affecting the final outcome of the game" truly applies.
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »
The Golden Orbs isn't an actuator room. All of the teams that went in that room had to complete the objective to open a door.

Definitely true - this is made clear when Ron pushes on the actuator by the Shrine door and it doesn't open at all.

Yeah, I think this makes sense in a way. Some sort of production error occurred during the run and the Shrine door did not open. As a result, they just let Ron bypass the room objective and as a result, none of the orbs look like they've been touched. Although its such a weird transition.

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 06:34:07 PM »
Yeah. *Ron violently hitting actuator* *Shot pans to his partner screaming "RON!!! RON!!!"*
*Camera pans back to Ron, in the Shrine of le Silver Monkey.

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 06:36:37 PM »
Should I post a screenshot of the Golden Orbs when Ron's running through it?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 06:39:18 PM »
Watching the run again, Ron enters the Treasury with around 1:18 left on the clock and he is seen pushing the actuator by the Shrine door, but the door clearly does not open.

Then the camera pans to Kirk and Katherine (Fred) for about five seconds and then the camera pans to Ron running in the shrine. During this time period, you can hear a door opening noise similar to the one in the other three S1L9 runs that featured the Treasury.

However, as Ron exits the temple with the artifact, you can tell none of the orbs were moved at all and none were in a pedestal. During that time period when the camera was on Fred and Kirk, something must've happened in the Treasury that is hard to explain.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »

Sure, that would be a good idea. I thought there was one posted here at one time, but maybe it got removed.

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 06:46:12 PM »
It'll take a few minutes.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 06:48:10 PM »

Sure, that would be a good idea. I thought there was one posted here at one time, but maybe it got removed.
That's because the original pictures didn't make the transition when we switched servers. Same thing happened to the "Lol Cat/Epic Fail" pictures in that topic in the Jester's Court.

As far as the Ron completing Orb objective goes, I agree with the theories. Probably some production error or something edited out.

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 06:54:46 PM »

Hopefully that picture works. Maybe Ron completed the objective, and put the orb back where he got it from? Not the best theory, but a possibility.

Edit by PPF: Fixed picture for you.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:19:39 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 10:47:10 PM »
Well, it looked like no orbs changed positions at all between the time he entered the room and re-entered it with the Treasure Chest. Although its still a possibility I guess.  ;)