Author Topic: Did Ron ever complete the Treasury of the Golden Orbs obj.?  (Read 1603 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Did Ron ever complete the Treasury of the Golden Orbs obj.?
« on: September 08, 2009, 09:09:35 AM »
Alright, in the episode "The Treasure of Anne Bonny", I was always curious whether Ron completed the Treasury of the Golden Orbs objective. I watched the run the other day and all I see Ron do in the room is pushh the actuators, that do nothing. However, the camera cuts to Fred and Kirk for a few seconds afterwards, and Ron is all of a sudden in the Shrine. When he is leaving the temple with the artifact, you can see that there is no orbs on any pedestals.

My question is did Ron actually complete the room objective?

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 10:19:13 AM »
I don't think he did. I think the room was sort of like the room of the golden idols. You didn't have to complete the objective you just had to press an actuator to open a door.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 10:20:34 AM »
Quote from: ""notundercovercop327""
I don't think he did. I think the room was sort of like the room of the golden idols. You didn't have to complete the objective you just had to press an actuator to open a door.

Oh no; that means I have to fix another question in my Legends Quizzes section. :(

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 11:41:18 AM »
Well, so much for that being the room that fixed the problem with the Treasure Room...

I wonder why they didn't cover up the actuators before Season 2 began? Do you think they had plans for the King's Storeroom to be another Golden Idols-type room?
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 01:19:55 PM »
Quote from: ""notundercovercop327""

The one thing that confuses me though is that you clearly see him press the actuator to the Shrine a few times, and the door doesn't open. Then you see him walking towards the center of the room, and the camera cuts back to Kurt and Fred for a few seconds. All of a sudden you hear the door opening chime, and Ron is in the Shrine.

Was it a production error or delayed button? If you watch the other episodes with the Treasury of the Golden Orbs, all the other contestants put the orbs on the pedestal to open the door. I am confused.  :?

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 04:03:34 PM »
Alright, first of all, it's Kirk Fogg. :wink:

I have no idea if it was bad editing, like that unrealistic cut in "The Mask of Shaka Zulu" or "The Milk Bucket of Freydis". Perhaps the camera was just focusing on Katherine cheering, but this has happened before in "The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata", when the camera cuts to Robert yelling, "GO! YOU CAN DO IT!" and then Olivia is in Medusa's Lair. Since she started going up to the Observatory, I have no idea if something happened and she was allowed to take a different way when they restarted the run, or if she just made a quick change of direction.

So basically... I think that Ron probably did complete the objective. At least the editing isn't as weird as Shaka Zulu.

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 06:12:13 PM »
Quote from: ""The Bamboo Forest""
Alright, first of all, it's Kirk Fogg. :wink:

I have no idea if it was bad editing, like that unrealistic cut in "The Mask of Shaka Zulu" or "The Milk Bucket of Freydis". Perhaps the camera was just focusing on Katherine cheering, but this has happened before in "The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata", when the camera cuts to Robert yelling, "GO! YOU CAN DO IT!" and then Olivia is in Medusa's Lair. Since she started going up to the Observatory, I have no idea if something happened and she was allowed to take a different way when they restarted the run, or if she just made a quick change of direction.

So basically... I think that Ron probably did complete the objective. At least the editing isn't as weird as Shaka Zulu.

lol, I don't know what I was thinking when I said Kurt.

But Ron does not actually complete the room objective. When he passes the room after he got the artifact, you can clearly see that there are no orbs in the pedestals. Furthermore, it looks like none of the orbs were touched either. I don't know, season one had the weirdest rooms and runs.  :?

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 06:23:45 PM »
Probably a restart then, with bad editing in terms of consistency. :lol:

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 06:39:55 PM »
Maybe the door shouldn't have responded to the actuators, but for some reason, it did.  Not sure if that makes too much sense. ^^;
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 02:32:18 AM »
I'm pretty sure that he completed the objective. I mean the others did it (and coincidentally they won while he lost).

Also, are you sure the orbs are still at where they were?
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 03:49:52 AM »
Actually, now that TRJ mentioned it I'm pretty sure no orbs had changed position after Ron passed thru that room. I'm not sure though...

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 07:22:47 AM »
Quote from: ""Red Jaguars Fan""
I'm pretty sure that he completed the objective. I mean the others did it (and coincidentally they won while he lost).

Also, are you sure the orbs are still at where they were?

You see, that is the problem. I always assumed that he completed the objective and the camera just never showed it. However, after watching it the other day, the camera only pans away from him for five seconds, and all of a sudden Ron is running in the Shrine and starts to assemble the monkey. Also, when he leaves the temple with the artifact, you can clearly see that both orbs are still in the alcoves in the back of the room, as if they weren't touched at all. There are no orbs in the pedestal either. Its really weird because it doesn't seem that he touched any of the orbs in the rooms.

Maybe the door shouldn't have responded to the actuators, but for some reason, it did. Not sure if that makes too much sense. ^^;

That's exactly what I was thinking TAW. I assumed that when he pressed the actuator to the Shrine, it had a delayed response and opened for some unknown reason after Ron pressed it.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 02:44:47 PM »
That would mean an orb moved. There were three orbs in the back of the room. :wink:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 03:02:50 PM »
Quote from: ""The Bamboo Forest""
That would mean an orb moved. There were three orbs in the back of the room. :wink:

Whoops, I meant that the two orbs in the back of the room and the one orb in the front of the room was untouched. There are three orbs in the room -- two in the back alcoves and one in the front of the room. None of the orbs were moved at all.  :)

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »
Okay, sounds better! lol