Author Topic: Connecticut Elementary School shooting, at least 25 dead  (Read 788 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Connecticut Elementary School shooting, at least 25 dead
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 12:12:10 AM »
Well, I never really sign online petitions anymore. But all they usually ask for is a name and email address. I haven't checked the petition he posted though, so I am not sure if it requires more information.

And that was a nice post, TempleFan322. I am part of the volunteer group I work on in my college involves me going to a local Elementary school and help watching the kids in the after school program. These kids are different from the ones in my hometown because they come from poor families. Since this was my last semester of college, I didn't volunteer down in the school. But if I did, I would do the same thing as you did. And don't worry, I use to think the same thing of those kids too about them being brats. But I am now more grateful that I had a chance to work with them.

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 06:39:42 AM »
There are many aspects of this topic that I would like to get into, but for now, I'm intrigued by the people who are willing to commit atrocities that involve killing people in vulnerable places where we assume everything is safe is not. I don't want to offend anyone, but I do feel for the people who were killed, but a little more for the families who are related to the suspect. They seem to have it worse, knowing their loved one did something like this.

"Serial killers ruin families" is a quote I read somewhere I forgotten right now, but that is basically what happens when you do murder someone.

One aspect I'm particularly interested in is how the media is shaping it. It's errie that the news media will be willing to break down how these types of things are done so that other people with motives could do this, which I'm sad about.:

"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2013, 07:18:56 PM »
Today marks the one year anniversary since the Sandy Hook massacre happened. I hope no one minds if I bump this, but I figured it would be fitting since today is the anniversary. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims families, still trying to cope with loss one year later. :(

Offline TempleFan322

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
Like I said before, I live just about an hour from there and it's so hard when it happens in your own backyard.

But the one thing I love is that they have build a playground for each of the kids here in CT, one for each child lost. And on the one year anniversary..... It snowed. What child doesn't loves playgrounds and snow? I'm almost 25 and I still love playgrounds and snow. I guarantee that was those children letting their parents know everything is ok when that happened. God bless them
Blue Barracudas and Silver Snakes fan