Author Topic: Overrated Contestants?  (Read 2465 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 04:31:36 PM »
True, but those are both season 1.  I tend to discount it there because it's a new show.  After Season 1, if players watched the show they would've had 38 examples where the direct path didn't work, so it's episodes like "The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack" where I'm upset over the direct path, but with "The Paintbrush of Leonardo da Vinci" I'm not as much. (Besides, maybe she was supposed to go that way and then climb up from the Swamp. :wink: )
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 05:48:52 PM »
Look, the objective of the show is to reach the artifact and bring it out of the temple. I really don't think you can blame any kid for trying the shortest path, even if it doesn't work out. Remember how young these kids are, too... The strategy of not taking the direct route because that would be "what they want you to think" is about two levels above all but what a few players are capable of.

If we ever decided to have a Phantom's Temple get-together and set up our own temple, I'd be sure to make the direct path to the artifact the correct one, just to annoy you. :P

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nickgtp
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 12:22:50 AM »
Quote from: ""The Bamboo Forest""
If the theory on Medusa was a late shipment is correct, maybe the path wouldn't have been so easy. The crew probably sets up the path beforehand and maybe they wanted the team to pass through the four-snake Medusa's Lair. But because it never arrived on the first day of filming, they had to use the Heart Room instead...

Just sayin'. I usually don't think the crew gives such easy wins, especially on the first day.

You know, that actually makes sense. And no, I'm not just supporting TBF because he's my brother. There wasn't much other alternatives to a path for the crew to choose either. IMO, they wouldn't have forced the team down the entire central shaft, and the temple guards thing was due to the path Paula chose to enter the temple.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 08:55:07 AM »
All things considered, this is true.  I mean, the other guards were probably in the Crypt and the Observatory.

Same with Mitchell in "The Moccasins of Geronimo." I still hold that he evaded a Temple Guard by circumventing the Shrine.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »
Quote from: ""The Red Jaguars""
The only time I can't stand when a team takes the direct path is in runs like "The Pendant of Kamehameha" or "The Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci". Especially when the team had less than two pendants. In the pendant episode, if Robbie didn't take the direct path, the team wouldn't have encountered a third guard. Or if the Orange Iguanas didn't take the direct path in the paintbrush episodes, they wouldn't have encountered that deadend. Luckily, it was mostly first season runs when this happened.
I agree with that, and IMO, the one time I can't stand a "direct path" is in episodes like "Elizabeth The First's Golden Ship" and "The Electrified Key in Benjamin Franklin," where a team has less than two pendants with an artifact so close by. Those teams outright blew it because of the direct path. I do usually let the "direct path" thing slide in Season 1, since its a new show. But by Seasons 2 and 3, you should know better.

I guess its true about "Silver Horseshoe." I mean, the Orange Iguanas did such an awful job in Season 1 that this was the first time they even REACH an artifact, let alone escape with a victory and bring it out. But like I said earlier on in the thread, the Purple Parrots could have pulled off a victory much sooner. I also agree about "The Moccasins of Geronimo." I mean, sure the layout was way too easy, and sure the kid was slow, but it really does seem like he had the whole layout planned, just to avoid the temple guards. But I do agree with others, that there was NO way he would have pulled off that win in a Season 3 temple.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 10:26:55 AM »
Quote from: ""Purple Parrots Fan""
I also agree about "The Moccasins of Geronimo." I mean, sure the layout was way too easy, and sure the kid was slow, but it really does seem like he had the whole layout planned, just to avoid the temple guards. But I do agree with others, that there was NO way he would have pulled off that win in a Season 3 temple.

Not to mention you couldn't climb down from the Room of the Ancient Warriors. :lol:

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »
Paula
Shane
Mitchell

And yes I will admit that Tarrah was an extremely lucky contestant, but I love her anyway.

Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 02:44:58 PM »
Tarrah lucky but she wasn't stupid like everyone says she is. She (Broken record) didn't attempt the direct path method plus she knew what to do in every room, an ability most contestants can't say.

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nickgtp
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 04:20:29 PM »
Mitchell is probably the most overrated. I find it funny though, that older websites still say that "The Moccasins of Geronimo" was "an excellent solo run". *Cough Cough* :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 05:58:18 PM »
Tarrah lucky but she wasn't stupid like everyone says she is. She (Broken record) didn't attempt the direct path method plus she knew what to do in every room, an ability most contestants can't say.

What do you mean most contestants didn't know what to do in every room? A lot of the season two and three wins had players that actually knew what they were doing in the temple, which is what makes those season more enjoyable. In season one, you have a bunch of contestants running backwards and in different directions not knowing what to do in a room. That is what makes most season one episodes frustrating. Sure season two and three had bad runs with clueless contestants like Klarissa from the Enoumous Feather and Claude from the Lost Lion tail, but those were rare episodes.

Don't get me wrong, Tarrah was a solid contestant. The only mistake she made was go into the Room of the Secret Password, which is easy to overlook as it only wasted like five seconds. However, I don't understand how Missy or Leah were bad since they tried to take the direct path to the artifact. I know you have your opinion and you don't have to like Missy, but I just don't understand why people use "the direct path to the artifact" to judge some contestants.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 06:08:12 PM »
And in Lea's case, it was the difference between a solo win and a team loss (though which entrance room she started in really didn't change where she went from the Wall Climb, but the point still stands).

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 06:10:43 PM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
Quote from: ""Purple Parrots Fan""
I also agree about "The Moccasins of Geronimo." I mean, sure the layout was way too easy, and sure the kid was slow, but it really does seem like he had the whole layout planned, just to avoid the temple guards. But I do agree with others, that there was NO way he would have pulled off that win in a Season 3 temple.
Not to mention you couldn't climb down from the Room of the Ancient Warriors. :lol:
Yup, that is definately true. :lol:

I agree about Tarrah too. She was pretty lucky, and even with her one wrong turn, she was still a good player.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 01:58:52 AM »
Let's see if Missy can do Season 3 with harder rooms, with the same layout.

I mean, the Ledges, the Pit of Despair, the Throne Room and the Swamp were actuator rooms.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 02:07:16 AM »
The Throne Room is more of an objective room, IMO. It's a challenge to get to the center of the room anyhow. There were only two people who did that, anyway, and one required one of the fastest contestants on the show.

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 07:53:25 AM »
And how about Tiffani? She was such a slow player, but was lucky the layout was somewhat simple. Plus, she took her time in her Temple Game.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.