Author Topic: Overrated Contestants?  (Read 2868 times)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Overrated Contestants?
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 01:33:22 AM »
Well, I like "The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain" and find it very exciting. I can never dislike that run even if I tried. Jessica and Jarrid owned everything on such a hard layout. Scaling the whole central shaft is never an easy feature, especially in Season 3. The rest of the episode may not stand out, but it was still a solid run. Too bad those kind of players were rare.

And they had a production error to deal with, too!

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 12:41:45 PM »
Believe me, I love the the "Pirate Captain" run a lot. Jarrid and Jessica were no doubt one of the best teams to enter the temple. The central shaft in season three was brutal, yet both of them looked like there was nothing to it. Its amazing that we never really saw many teams like these two. This run proved no matter how hard the layout was, teams could still pull off a win if they were attentive, fast, and smart.

And that is why I don't really call Lacey and Asher overrated anymore. Sure, their temple layout was simple, but they still had to face some of the hardest rooms of the temple and still managed to win. Its definitely not my favorite win, but those two did a good job.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2012, 04:46:28 PM »
After reading through several comments on this forum and on Youtube, I want to throw Bobby from "The Mask of Shaka Zulu" out there as being overrated also. I mean I know we have dissed the "Shaka Zulu" win many times, but people praise Bobby for traveling through the Wheel Room and Holes of Python en route to the Tomb of the Ancient Kings. I mean I know both of these rooms were time consuming, but I don't think he was THAT amazing. I mean it took him a long time to get back to the temple gate from the Tomb of the Ancient Kings, which was 40+ seconds. David from "Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress" traveled the same route as Bobby, and it only took him around 28 seconds. Yet, people try to rank Bobby's temple performance better than Jennifer from "Map to the Lost Gold Mine" and Leah from "The Star of Sultan Saladin". Let's be honest, if Bobby was forced to take the long way, there is no way he would have over a minute left on the clock. He did fine I guess, but he just wasn't that great.  :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2012, 06:37:10 PM »
Oh people on YouTube are the worst for it. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's some YouTube video of Bobby's temple run, and called (wait for it).... "The Best Temple Run Ever." And reading through some of those comments, people try to justify that reasoning with "he got a lucky path, so that automatically makes him amazing." So by that logic, he's deemed "an amazing player" by default just because his win was caused by dumb luck? I mean, I know everyone's entitled to their own opinions and everything. But I just don't understand that sort of reasoning.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »
Oh people on YouTube are the worst for it. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's some YouTube video of Bobby's temple run, and called (wait for it).... "The Best Temple Run Ever." And reading through some of those comments, people try to justify that reasoning with "he got a lucky path, so that automatically makes him amazing." So by that logic, he's deemed "an amazing player" by default just because his win was caused by dumb luck? I mean, I know everyone's entitled to their own opinions and everything. But I just don't understand that sort of reasoning.

Personally, I never found that win to be amazing at all even after watching it for the first time. I mean its cool to watch to see a potential production error and the fastest win on the show, but its not exciting at all. I don't see how it takes him half of the run to run through four rooms and back to score a win. Either way, its my second to least favorite win on the show after " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:". Its just like "Butch Cassidy" and "Geronimo", I never saw those episodes as good wins.