Author Topic: Your most forgettable temple run?  (Read 391 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Your most forgettable temple run?
« on: June 12, 2012, 09:08:16 PM »
I know some of us played that most forgettable temple run game not that long ago, but this question came to mind.

In your mind, what is the most forgettable temple run? To me, "The Golden Cup of Belshazzar" is like a run that never even happened. I can remember which teams/colors and which players entered the temple for almost every run, but it's this run where I forget almost everything about the temple run. The only things I remember about it were the brutal dead-ends and the fact that this was an impossible run due to these dead-ends being possible production errors with the doors (Harmonic Convergence and Treasure Room chest). I don't remember the names of the players who entered the temple and I don't even remember their team color. At least I can remember details about other forgettable runs like "The Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci", "The Shriveled Hand of Efoua", and "The Golden Goblet of Attila the Hun".

So which temple run is the most forgettable to you?

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Your most forgettable temple run?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:17:20 PM »
"The Lion Slashed Jacket of Sacagawea" is the most forgettable run to me. I seriously remember nothing about it. Just that it was a tough layout, and the players moved too slow. Also, "The Stolen Arm of Shiva" strikes me as another forgettable one. All I can remember are the players moving too slow, and Evan's epic fail in the Shrine. Though you can think TSM's siggie for my even remembering of that. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:51:04 AM »
A lot of season one runs fit this criteria for me.

"The Stone Marker of Leif Erickson" though has to be the most forgettable run in my case. There is nothing even slightly memorable about that run. The only thing that sticks out is Keeleys screams in the Observatory. Other than that, nothing exciting happens during that run.

"The Treasure Map of Jean Lafitte"was pretty forgettable also, and I don't remember much details from this run. Its so boring and hard to watch that I never go back and rewatch it.

"The Diary of Dr. Livingstone" win doesn't seem to exist half of the time either when trying to remember wins of the show. It was just a forgettable run with slow and average players. Even with the number of rooms Brett entered, I never really got excited for this run.

"The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard" was one of the runs I forgot for the longest time. When I came back to this forum a year ago after a two year break from legends, it took me two months to realize this episode even existed. It didn't help that Nick GAS never aired this episode at all that much either. Also, no one even talks about this run, so its not one that ever sticks out.

And I second "The Lion-Slashed Jacket of Sacagawea". That is another run that is hard for me to draw details from like the temple guard placement and the path that the team chose. Most runs I can remember this information, but I just can't seem for the life of me remember any of these details.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:53:31 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »
Another forgettable run to me is "The Lily Crested Crown of Clovis the First." Aside from Katie's epic fail in the Chamber, there's nothing even remotely exciting or memorable about this run. Also, "The Lost Love Letter of Captain John Smith" strikes me as a completely uneventful run. All I can remember is Whitney's passing up of the half pendant, and maybe her completion of the 4 snake Medusa's Lair. Otherwise, this temple run and episode as a whole is just filler to me.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 12:49:58 AM »
Hey PPF, I always wondered what you meant by a filler episode? I have seen you called other episodes like "The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth" and "The Snow Cone of Mount Kilimanjaro" to be filler episodes. Do you mean that they are episodes that were just made for the sake of having more episodes on the show? I know what you are trying to get at, but I am kind of confused behind the premise of a filler episode.

And yes, "The Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis I" was definitely a forgettable episode back in the day. For some of us, it was because Nick GAS took forever to air this episode. Some people actually wondered if this run existed at all. And when we actually watched it, it turned out to be nothing special.

I want to add "The Silver Saddle Horn of Hannibal" to the list. This is one run that is hard to recall the details from sometimes, especially a while ago when I was not familiar with each episode. Nothing really stood out in this episode either besides the Treasure Room being a deadend. Other than that, its a very forgettable run. Its like the perfect definition for an average run.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 01:28:10 AM »
Filler episode basically means it's forgettable and has nothing special to it. If I don't remember the rounds, and anything about the temple run, then I consider it a filler. I would expect that to be self explanatory.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 12:27:56 PM »
Filler episode basically means it's forgettable and has nothing special to it. If I don't remember the rounds, and anything about the temple run, then I consider it a filler. I would expect that to be self explanatory.

I see what you mean and in that case, I want to add a few more episodes to the list:

"The Stolen Arm of Shiva" - What happens in this episode? No really, I don't remember anything about this episode besides the Stolen Arm being in the Dark Forest. Even with Evan's screw job in the Shrine, I remember nothing about this run.

"The Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny" - I don't remember any rounds of this episode at all except that the Orange Iguanas swept the temple games. Even then, I don't remember any other details aside from atrocious camera work. The temple run is also forgettable and I tend to forget how bad it is. I never liked this episode one bit.

"The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb" - When I am trying to remember triple capture episodes, this is usually the one that I struggle with trying to remember. The run itself is not very memorable as is the rest of the episode. I can recall most episode temple game combinations, but I always forget that the Purple Parrots lost in this episode!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 04:17:51 PM »
"The Stolen Arm of Shiva" - What happens in this episode? No really, I don't remember anything about this episode besides the Stolen Arm being in the Dark Forest. Even with Evan's screw job in the Shrine, I remember nothing about this run.
The Stolen Arm was in the Bamboo Forest, not the Dark Forest. ;)

I agree though, it is SUCH a forgettable episode. I mean, epic fail in the Shrine aside, Christina.... Evan? Who? I agree about "Silver Cannonball" and "Taj Mahal Turban" too. Though in the latter episode, I do remember the Purple Parrots losing the temple games. And the fact that the female Purple Parrot was named Jennifer. When otherwise the Purple Parrots have rather uncommon names. :lol: