Author Topic: The 7th Contest  (Read 935 times)

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
The 7th Contest
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:01:52 PM »
With an influx of new members this summer, it?s high time we recognize a new Legends God and add them to the ranks of the Golden Idols. In the past we have had several contests that call for one to show their ability to use the knowledge of Legends to create a new take on the show.
And this contest is no different.

However, this time around, whether you all realize it or not, it was those of you who have contributed to the Treasure Room who have inspired my vision for our 7th contest.

We have seen many new forms of Legends of the Hidden Temple via the fan-fiction our members have posted. From The Bamboo Forest?s ?Wild Jungle? Edition, to Red Jaguars Fan?s new ?Legends Evolved?, we have seen that there is a plethora of ways to take the Legends format and transform it to fit a completely different perception.

With this in mind, I have devised what just may be our boldest contest yet. Nay, this is more than a contest, this is a challenge that I place before you. The winner of this contest will truly deserve the rank of ?Recognized Legends God?.

I challenge you to take Legends of the Hidden Temple and re-design it with a completely new theme that has never been thought of before.

There are no rules to how you create your own vision of Legends or what you plan to concentrate on, but the one stipulation is that you stick to the format:  Moat, Steps, Games, Temple.  Now by that, I am not saying that you have to explain how you would revolutionize every aspect of Legends, what I am saying is that you cannot take anything away from the format that is already in place.

Add.

Do not subtract.

On that note, may I remind you of The 49th Ronin?s creative work ?Legends of the Cable Box? in which a moat would not work for his design so instead he replaced it with ?The Transmitter?.

http://phantomsden.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=277

You can change the design to fit your theme, but stick to the 4 event process of race round, questions round, game round, and temple round, and from there you may work to create your vision.

Other than that, your goal is to come up with a theme (it can be anything at all that has not yet been used on Phantom?s Temple) that will give a completely different spin on Legends of the Hidden Temple.

You may do this in a variety of ways. You could choose to submit a completely new layout of temple rooms. You could choose to submit a new style of Legends such as the ?Wild Jungle?, there are multiple ways to go about this.

I am looking for creative submissions that will turn heads and provide a very ?out there? perception of The Legends format.

Because this contest calls for more work than some of our previous contests and several questions will most likely be asked, I am not setting a deadline for the contest just yet, and when I do, it will give you adequate time to design your submission.

Good Luck everyone.

This could completely change the way we look at Legends for years to come.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline Half-Pendant

• New Player
    • View Profile
The 7th Contest
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:51:47 PM »
Are there prizes?O_o

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
The 7th Contest
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 11:00:42 PM »
Quote from: ""Half-Pendant""
Are there prizes?O_o

I believe the prize will have your status rank permanently changed to ?Recognized Legends God? which I think only one person will achieve. Will that be the only prize or is there a physical prize to it?
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
The 7th Contest
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 11:02:00 PM »
Quote from: ""Toltendo""
Quote from: ""Half-Pendant""
Are there prizes?O_o

I believe the prize will have your status rank permanently changed to ?Recognized Legends God? which I think only one person will achieve. Will that be the only prize or is there a physical prize to it?

Physical satisfaction.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
The 7th Contest
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:05:00 AM »
First off, I'd like to welcome Half-Pendant back to the temple. Nice to see you again! :D

Secondly, I'd like to take part in this contest. Should I just put it in the Treasure Room Phantom? I've got a few ideas up my sleeve...

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
The 7th Contest
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 12:08:06 AM »
Quote from: ""The Bamboo Forest""
First off, I'd like to welcome Half-Pendant back to the temple. Nice to see you again! :D

Secondly, I'd like to take part in this contest. Should I just put it in the Treasure Room Phantom? I've got a few ideas up my sleeve...

Glad to hear you are already enthusiastic.

Hold on to your ideas for now. I will post a formal topic for it in the next 24 hours. For now I just want to get the announcement out.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!