Author Topic: LOTHT's Secondary Announcer??  (Read 607 times)

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nickgtp
LOTHT's Secondary Announcer??
« on: August 04, 2009, 05:01:23 AM »
The credits in each episode clearly state:

Announcer/Olmec
Dee Baker

May I ask, why is there sometimes some deep-voiced announcer that overdubs some of the prizes, such as the Nerds package, the baseball commercial for Nestle Quik, and some of the Skechers $50 Savings Bond commercials? And why would they need an overdub?

Also, if anyone knows who did the overdub, could you please tell me? Man, this has been bugging me for years...

Offline rjaguar3

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Re: LOTHT's Secondary Announcer??
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 07:30:06 AM »
Quote from: ""Long Live Olmec""
The credits in each episode clearly state:

Announcer/Olmec
Dee Baker

May I ask, why is there sometimes some deep-voiced announcer that overdubs some of the prizes, such as the Nerds package, the baseball commercial for Nestle Quik, and some of the Skechers $50 Savings Bond commercials? And why would they need an overdub?

Also, if anyone knows who did the overdub, could you please tell me? Man, this has been bugging me for years...

Were the prize plugs from the original broadcast, or were they from the 1996-98 run on Nick or the Nick GAS run?  The prize plugs were redubbed in 1997.

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:47:55 AM »
Yes, most of them were redebbed in 1997, as you see in the year on the bottom right of the ads, but I really don't know who that was.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 12:14:14 PM »
Quote from: ""Toltendo""
Yes, most of them were redebbed in 1997, as you see in the year on the bottom right of the ads, but I really don't know who that was.

Doc Holliday, maybe? I wouldn't know.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 04:50:30 PM »
I don't get why they would need a new prize though. At the end of each episode, they'd give credits for all the advertisers for the prizes, so why would they want to change the credits too?

They should've at least made Dee redo the prizes. Instead they got an annoying uncredited voice. =/

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 08:14:54 PM »
Does anyone know what prizes were edited out?