[COLLAB] - The Burnt Torch of the Ancient Olympian

Author Topic: [COLLAB] - The Burnt Torch of the Ancient Olympian  (Read 298 times)

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nickgtp
[COLLAB] - The Burnt Torch of the Ancient Olympian
« on: August 04, 2009, 04:16:16 AM »
SOME NOTES BEFORE I BEGIN:
This fanfic is a collaborative project between me and The Bamboo Forest. I will design the Moat Crossing, the legend, the Temple Games, and the Temple Rooms, while TBF actually writes the whole thing. So you'll be seeing some different people post, just to warn you beforehand.

I don't plan to write any fanfics on my own, mainly because I suck. XD However, that doesn't mean I'll make TBF juggle collabs with me and his own series. These will probably be quite rare and occur every once in awhile. With all that mentioned, enjoy this fanfic!

Oh and please, no comments until all of it is up. I'll inform everyone when it's done in the final part of the fanfic, but it may take a little while.

.px]

The camera makes its way through lush greenery, and the palms move away as ambient animal noises are heard. Portions of a temple are shown, and suddenly the jungle ends, and we see Olmec?s face light up in a pale orange glow and shout, ?LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE!?

Two pendant halves crash together on the screen to form the show?s logo, and the camera shifts to focus on the temple and its rooms. ?With your guide, Kirk Fogg?and here he is now!?

The logo fades as Kirk drops down from the rafters on a rope. He unbuckles his harness, then walks up the Steps of Knowledge to begin his narration. ?Thank you very much, thank you, nice to see you! Nice to see you, Olmec. Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple. The rooms are filled with lost treasures that are protected by mysterious Mayan temple guards. Only Olmec knows the legend behind each of the treasures in his temple?which one are we gonna hear about today??

Olmec replies: ?The Legend of the Burnt Torch of the Ancient Olympians.?

?Ooh, the Burnt Torch of the Ancient Olympians!? says Kirk. ?Well, the legend is set and one of these six teams will have the chance to retrieve that Burnt Torch. Will it be The Red Jaguars??

At this point, the camera pans through the teams, pausing to focus on each team as they are introduced.

?The Blue Barracudas??
?The Green Monkeys??
?The Orange Iguanas??
?The Purple Parrots??
?Or the Silver Snakes??

?They?re going to have to pass some tough mental and physical tests,? continues Kirk, ?and in the end, only one team will have the right to enter Olmec?s temple, but first they have to cross the Moat, and Olmec?s gonna tell us how they have to do it today.?

Olmec instructs:
?Before you lies an ancient wooden zipline across the Moat. When Kirk gives the signal, reach up, grab the handle, and slide down to the other side. If you fall into the Moat, or you stop before you reach the other side, you must go back and try again. Once the first player crosses, throw the handle back to your partner, who will then slide across. When both partners reach the other side, run over and hit the gong!?

Kirk hits the Purple Parrots? gong which lights up a soft purple glow inside the squares on the gong.

?The first four teams to hit their gongs will go on to?the next round,? finishes Olmec. ?Alright then, teams,? says Kirk, ?are you ready??

The teams excitedly reply, ?Yeeaahhhh!?

Kirk then asks, ?Olmec, are you ready??

?Let?s rock,? replies Olmec.

?Okay teams,? says Kirk. ?On your marks, get set, GO!?

All six boys attempt to grab the wooden handle; the rather short one on the Silver Snakes falling into the Moat immediately. The rest all slide across to the other side, but the zipline dosen?t seem as well-oiled as it should be?the Orange Iguanas, Purple Parrots, and Red Jaguars are all sent back, dragging the handle along as they return to the start. The Blue Barracudas and the Green Monkeys have enough momentum to get to the other side though, and both throw the handle back to their partner with great strength. By that time, the Purple Parrots climb out of the water, closely followed by the Orange Iguanas.

The Silver Snakes? boy crosses successfully, and throws the zipline, right as the first team in is revealed, it?s? ?The Blue Barracudas!? shouts Kirk as they slam down on their gong with all four of their hands. They?re closely followed by the Green Monkeys, and then the Purple Parrots. ?That was fast!? says Kirk, ?but we?re looking for one more team?it looks like it may be?THE ORANGE IGUANAS! Stop right there! We?ve got our four teams! Going onto the Steps of Knowledge The Purple Parrots?and the Orange Iguanas?and the Green Monkeys?and the Blue Barracudas. The Red Jaguars and the Silver Snakes gave it a great effort, they?re not going away empty handed! We?ve got a great gift for them, and here?s what it is.?

Dee reads the prize:
?A prize package from Nestle Quik! Hey kids, here?s an easy act to follow?turn an ordinary glass of milk into a thick choclatey treat, and create a disappearing act of your own. Nestle Quik?it?s magic in the making!?