Author Topic: Favorite example of bad editting on the show?  (Read 4387 times)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Favorite example of bad editting on the show?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 02:46:11 PM »
Ooooh, ok! Thanks for that! New it was an episode with a Silver Snakes temple... just couldn't remember which.
I believe that "thing" on the screen was actually a Dark Forest branch that was hit by the falling piece. It looked odd to me at first, too... or, do you really mean BEFORE he dropped it? In that case, I'm not sure...

It's really true about him running over there ''three seconds later,'' though. There's no way he could descend from the second floor and run all the way over there in that time.

Yeah, the thing before.... like as her's running from the shelf where the last monkey piece was to the holder... it look like the film is cutting out and because of it, we don't actually get to see him physically drop the monkey, we only get to see the torso bobbling in the dark forest tree branches.

And yeah, i wonder why they felt the need to bring him out of the temple and do that cuz i can't recall another time when they waited for a contestant so deep into the temple to come out before they ended the show...

Offline mikeofnash

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 01:09:32 PM »
Ooh, I know another one. During that guessing game in the second season, when they had to stick the pegs in the holes, or get squirted with water. Everytime someone got splashed, you could hear canned laughter.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 05:17:37 PM »
To answer the question about who is announcing the temple run when ''Kirk is not,'' it is not, in any way, the fault of the production staff.  It is the fault of Nick GaS.  On some networks, they have the ability to ''speed up'' shows if they feel that they won't get enough ad time or what have you.  Some networks are more noticeable than others when they do this.

I only know this happens on Nick GaS because I watched the same temple run on the same day in two different time slots.  The one during the 7:00 PM hour was fine, but the 10:00 PM hour was definitely sped up.

You know, this may be true; however, I just took a look at the ''Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor'' episode on YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=vaRbLnUb_Gg), and I timed the temple run with Kirk's distorted voice (which sounds fine until Missy is past the Temple Gate), and it was perfectly timed--second-for-second--with the show's clock. this would suggest to me that the tape was not sped up at all during this run, yet Kirk's voice is definitely skewed.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 05:32:32 PM »
In The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale, it is very obvious that the Temple Run was filmed at a different point than the rest of the show. It's a combination of Olmec's announcing of the artifact's location (he says it in a completely different voice), the fact that we don't see the artifact itself, and during the Temple Games, you can clearly see the Battle Plans on the Throne in the Throne Room. In my opinion, this is one of the worst editing errors in the history of the show.

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 06:22:39 PM »
I agree with Pakman on that. That episode was pretty badly edited.

Also, in the Trojan horseshoe, during the credits roll when the cameras pans over the Tomb of Anchient Kings, you can still see the horseshoe on the coffin when it was already taken out of the temple.

Also, in The Nose Ring of Babe, Kirk's voice sounded rather high and sped up. That was weird...

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 06:46:38 PM »
I agree with Pakman on that. That episode was pretty badly edited.

Also, in the Trojan horseshoe, during the credits roll when the cameras pans over the Tomb of Anchient Kings, you can still see the horseshoe on the coffin when it was already taken out of the temple.

Also, in The Nose Ring of Babe, Kirk's voice sounded rather high and sped up. That was weird...

Yeah, the same thing that we were talking about earlier with the Lucky Pillow episode. I have no idea why that would happen!

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 06:17:26 AM »
I think I found out why the Green Monkeys were DQ'd in John Henry's Lost Hammer, but not sure & kinda forget it. I need to wait to see it again, but I remember something about the Green Monkey guy coming out of the moat & banging the gong, when you had to be up on the footboard the whole time. There was also something with the girl, but forget that at the moment.

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 08:09:10 AM »
in the helmet of sir gawain it sounds as if the kirks commentary durring the second temple game is dubbed over after he says go and gos back to normal once the clock hits one

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 10:00:34 AM »
Quote from: ""outer space""
in the helmet of sir gawain it sounds as if the kirks commentary durring the second temple game is dubbed over after he says go and gos back to normal once the clock hits one

Oooh, yeah, i think you're right! It sounds really bad, and after the Orange Iguana gets his final shield (or whatever item it was this time) "Kirk" is like "He got it!" and there's still like 3 seconds left and the clock keeps ticking and Kirk is like "Time's up.... er...."

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 11:05:15 AM »
Not only that, he also screws up Jahmel's name (calls him "Jamal").

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 04:41:14 PM »
Quote from: ""tss1011""
Not only that, he also screws up Jahmel's name (calls him "Jamal").

And in the first temple game, he almost calls the Purple Parrots girl "Jahmel" but he catches himself. He's like "Ja....Donna!"

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2006, 06:29:57 AM »
in the mystical spellbook of the imperial wizard after jarid gets captured by the first guard in the ancient warriors. you here some guy (not kirk or jarid or his partner) saying go go

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2006, 07:01:13 AM »
If you listen in the first season, there are a lot of episodes where you can here someone telling the player somthing

Offline The Silver Snake

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2006, 07:07:41 AM »
in the mystical spellbook of the imperial wizard after jarid gets captured by the first guard in the ancient warriors. you here some guy (not kirk or jarid or his partner) saying go go

It was probably a temple guard; the same thing happened in The Stolen Arm of Shiva.

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2006, 08:22:27 AM »
Quote from: ""nick23""
It was probably a temple guard; the same thing happened in The Stolen Arm of Shiva.
i think it was the camera guy