Author Topic: Favorite example of bad editting on the show?  (Read 4386 times)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Favorite example of bad editting on the show?
« on: July 03, 2006, 07:04:53 PM »
Well, i believe the thread title explains the purpose of this thread.

Personally, i just love the bad editting and voice overs that occured on Legends constantly. One of my favorite examples happened in a season 1 episode (I don't remember which.... but it might've been "The Golden Cricket Cage of Kahn").  It was during a moat crossing. The Green Monkeys were going to be the 4th team to cross, but for some reason, they were disqualified! :shock:  Then, the purple parrots ring in 5th and are allowed to advance instead of the green monkeys. What's weird is that, when the green monkeys are running to hit the gong (as Kirk is announcing their d/q) only the boy player runs to hit it. Neither of the monkeys look very excited and their gong light doesn't turn on. Then it shows a bad shot of the parrots ringing in and their gong light turns on. Then is does a far shot where you can see all the teams and their gongs. The green gong is lit and the purple gong is not. They obviously made the green monkeys and the purple parrots redo hitting their gongs so that they could get the shots of their gongs lighting up... Pretty funny if you ask me.... and i really dunno why they green monkeys were d/q'd either... it's pretty unclear.

One more: In "the Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King" Afterthe Baracudas have won the final temple game, Maggie (the girl on the Blue team)'s harness is falling off of her (and it was falling off of her through the entire temple game). Then she steps in front of Kirk and her harness falls off once again and the camera does this weird shot of them and Kirk randomly says "NICE TEAMWORK GUYS!" or something lame like that. Obviously, Kirk did not say that during the original taping. Then in the next shot, Kirk says something stupid like "I should watch my mouth" or something like that.... If you watch the episode, you'll know what i mean. :P

So yeah... your turns.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 07:36:59 PM »
Well, there was one episode where, during a temple game, the basket colors (where teams deposited items) were switched by accident. Kirk said a few words as if he  had over-rehearsed them: ''Oh... Oh, it looks like we switched the baskets by mistake... I see.'' It felt like editing to me.

Also, there were a few temple runs that were voiced over by somebody other than Kirk. Listen to the Heart-Shaped Pillow of Annie Taylor run for example.

There were also a number of moats that were obviously voiced over by Kirk during a replay, because the only action he mentioned was that on the screen.

And finally, in the Mask of Shaka Zulu, the clip where he passes through the Tomb door and grabs the artifact seems edited to me. I can't believe that somebody could finish climbing through a tube, stand up, and turn around in one second.

Actually, wait, there's one more. The intro of The Stone Head of the Evil King was cut short, and the Moat was very poorly edited (since when does fog disappear in an eyeblink?)

That's all I can think of for now, but there are certainly more examples.

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 09:16:23 PM »
If you watch 'The Stolen Arm of Shiva,' right after they mention the prizes there's a wipe and you can see a shot of the temple. You can see the Temple Guard in the Cave of Size squating into position.

In the 'Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe,' as Joel is returning through The Ledges, a pair of bare Temple Guard feet can be seen walking through the Crypt.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 09:23:30 PM »
If you watch 'The Stolen Arm of Shiva,' right after they mention the prizes there's a wipe and you can see a shot of the temple. You can see the Temple Guard in the Cave of Size squating into position.

In the 'Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe,' as Joel is returning through The Ledges, a pair of bare Temple Guard feet can be seen walking through the Crypt.

There were often cameramen stationed in that room; are you sure it was a temple guard?

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 10:30:29 PM »
If it was, I'd like to know why he wasn't wearing shoes.

Offline dshban

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 10:31:10 PM »

There were often cameramen stationed in that room; are you sure it was a temple guard?

I just watched it, and it was definitely a temple guard.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 03:52:25 AM »
Also, there were a few temple runs that were voiced over by somebody other than Kirk. Listen to the Heart-Shaped Pillow of Annie Taylor run for example.

Oh, I know what you mean. They do that for "The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe" and probably a few others.... I think that is Kirk's voice though. Just sounds weird and modified on the voice over.

Oh, on "The War Fan of the 47 Ronin" It's clearly a bad voice over when Elise tries to open the door that got stuck shut. Then they also do some sort of bad editting and show her partner Jeremy as if it was all his fault that the door locked. :roll:

Another one: In "The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson" temple run, we all know that the boy drops the monkey off of the railing,but before he does, there's some kind of weird....thing on the screen.... I don't even know how to describe it... Then for some reason they edit the boy running back to Kirk like 3 seconds after the temple run ends... How'd he get down from the Shrine so fast!?!??! :shocked:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 06:39:46 AM »
Maybe hes a really fast runner lol I dunno really, I guess it really is bad editing.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 09:36:09 AM »
In the lost hornpipe of the pirate captain, as J grabs the horn pipe, you can see movement up in the shrine. I always thought it was a temple guard walking out of the password room (seeing as how no one entered that room, it would make sense that there was a temple guard in there and he was running out since the pipe had been accessed) but many think it was a camera man.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 09:45:30 AM »
Quote from: ""PhantomBPR""
In the lost hornpipe of the pirate captain, as J grabs the horn pipe, you can see movement up in the shrine. I always thought it was a temple guard walking out of the password room (seeing as how no one entered that room, it would make sense that there was a temple guard in there and he was running out since the pipe had been accessed) but many think it was a camera man.

Jarrid did enter the Room of the Secret Password... He went like all the way into the center of the room and then went back and took the Bog passage. I always thought it was a camera man.... cuz then it shows you the angle of Jarrid running through the Room of the Ancient Warriors and the view is from the shrine steps. Not to mention i thought i saw cords as well. :P

Offline whammypower788

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 01:47:57 PM »
To answer the question about who is announcing the temple run when "Kirk is not," it is not, in any way, the fault of the production staff.  It is the fault of Nick GaS.  On some networks, they have the ability to "speed up" shows if they feel that they won't get enough ad time or what have you.  Some networks are more noticeable than others when they do this.

I only know this happens on Nick GaS because I watched the same temple run on the same day in two different time slots.  The one during the 7:00 PM hour was fine, but the 10:00 PM hour was definitely sped up.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 01:58:55 PM »
Another one: In ''The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson'' temple run, we all know that the boy drops the monkey off of the railing,but before he does, there's some kind of weird....thing on the screen.... I don't even know how to describe it... Then for some reason they edit the boy running back to Kirk like 3 seconds after the temple run ends... How'd he get down from the Shrine so fast!?!??! :shocked:

I believe that "thing" on the screen was actually a Dark Forest branch that was hit by the falling piece. It looked odd to me at first, too... or, do you really mean BEFORE he dropped it? In that case, I'm not sure...

It's really true about him running over there ''three seconds later,'' though. There's no way he could descend from the second floor and run all the way over there in that time.

Offline mikeofnash

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 02:03:02 PM »
In seasons 2 and 3, whenever Kirk asks, "Are you ready?", and then they play a recorded blip of kids saying, "Yeah!" Also, canned cheering during the Temple Runs, when it was obvious that there was no audience.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 02:06:57 PM »
In seasons 2 and 3, whenever Kirk asks, ''Are you ready?',' and then they play a recorded blip of kids saying, ''Yeah!'' Also, canned cheering during the Temple Runs, when it was obvious that there was no audience.

Yes, and there was a very distinguishable fake cheering noise (which sounded peculiarly like a howling sort of noise) that was used in the third season only. I only remember it because it was an incredibly annoying sound.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite example of bad editting on the show?
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 02:22:25 PM »
Personally, i just love the bad editting and voice overs that occured on Legends constantly. One of my favorite examples happened in a season 1 episode (I don't remember which.... but it might've been "The Golden Cricket Cage of Kahn").  It was during a moat crossing. The Green Monkeys were going to be the 4th team to cross, but for some reason, they were disqualified! :shock:  Then, the purple parrots ring in 5th and are allowed to advance instead of the green monkeys. What's weird is that, when the green monkeys are running to hit the gong (as Kirk is announcing their d/q) only the boy player runs to hit it. Neither of the monkeys look very excited and their gong light doesn't turn on. Then it shows a bad shot of the parrots ringing in and their gong light turns on. Then is does a far shot where you can see all the teams and their gongs. The green gong is lit and the purple gong is not. They obviously made the green monkeys and the purple parrots redo hitting their gongs so that they could get the shots of their gongs lighting up... Pretty funny if you ask me.... and i really dunno why they green monkeys were d/q'd either... it's pretty unclear.

It was in John Henry's Lost Hammer.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.