Author Topic: Bold Proposition To Bring Back Legends- PLEASE READ  (Read 2750 times)

Offline OlmecsThrone

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
Bold Proposition To Bring Back Legends- PLEASE READ
« on: July 17, 2009, 07:37:19 AM »
First off, I have no idea if this is in the right place or not.

Now, it's obvious that Nick and Viacom are doing nothing with this great property, and the numerous petitions on the Internet have just gotten us 2 weeks of reruns on Nick.
I have no idea how this would work and how we could do this, but my idea is that we, as the devoted fans of Legends, BUY THE PROPERTY FROM THE OWNERS.
Now I know to do this we'd need more than pocket change, piggy banks, allowances, etc., and we'd need a TON of money, but if everyone chips in as much as they can, then I'm reasonably sure that in maybe a few years time we could buy the Legends property from Stone Stanley, Viacom, Nick, or whoever owns it.
Being a sophomore in high school, I probably couldn't own it by myself, so if some of the older members on this forum were to assist in this, then maybe something could be worked out so that everyone who donates could be a partial owner.
Like I said before, I have no idea how we could do this, so anyone who knows about buying properties or has a good understanding of the legal system should please help us out.
Please reply if you can help out in any way or reply if you know that there's no possible legal way to buy Legends because I'm not quite sure myself.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 09:49:19 AM »
Pipe dream!

This'll cost millions.  Furthermore, what would we DO with the property once acquired?

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 10:04:24 AM »
I think Legends should be taped in Universal Studios in California. It would be better to film it there for the sake of a better budget of prizes, even though the production cost was so high. And Kirk Fogg lives in L.A., so he doesn't have to travel away from home. I really think Legends could go into syndication. Maybe both a Nick version and a synd. version can be made. One for the 11-14, 15-17, and maybe the college kids.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline OlmecsThrone

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »
I know it's highly doubtful, but with the property we could start up a new series.
We could use rooms that the people that make the fanfics came up with in the temple, use temple games that we came up with, etc., and make the perfect Legends series to broadcast to those who loved the show when they were younger and to those who have never seen it before to get them interested in the original series.
This is one of the only other "logical" options because obviously petitions are getting us nowhere and Viacom/Nick/Stone Stanley (someone please tell me who officially owns Legends) have a great thing on their hands but don't plan on using it.

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 10:51:17 AM »
Well we would need the rights to the show, a studio company to provide the space, equipment, etc.. It would be best to get whoever owns the show, to remake it.

Now I hope this tread won't close because we could have a broad discussion about this.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 11:28:36 AM »
It's a bold proposition, but I don't think it's possible.
First off, it would cost us out the wazoo to buy the rights to the show, and even if we could raise up enough money, we probably wouldn't know what to do with the rights.
Second, most of the people on this forum are just a bunch of teenagers. It's highly doubtful that unless we can use our older members (21 and up) as a mouthpiece, that we can catch Viacom's attention with this offer.
Call me pessimistic, but that's just the way I see it.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline OlmecsThrone

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »
Change of my plan: all we need to do is find an exec or someone high up in the business who coincidentally has the same ideas as us. It's still unlikely, but more possible than buying the show.

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 02:07:38 PM »
It won't happen.

First off, think how many rights you'd have to bypass.  Why would Nickelodeon want to air a show that hasn't made any new episodes in fourteen years?  That's a very poor way to compete with the rapid children's market.

Hell, Cartoon Network has expanded its programming to "Cartoon Live".  They are now airing non-cartoons in order to compete with Disney; they're the largest threat to other networks in this program.

A fourteen-year-old game show that twenty-some whiny kids want back?  Not going to happen.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 02:15:11 PM »
Seconded.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline OlmecsThrone

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 02:28:39 PM »
Alright, alright. Forget the idea of buying rights or anything. Just a thought I had earlier today.
Here's an idea that might be a bit more realistic. Maybe.

All we need for this one is someone who's good with animation.
See, we all have some good ideas for rooms, temple games, moat crossings, and artifacts, so what we could do is take some of the fanfic on these forums and turn them into animated episodes of Legends.
It's kind of cheesy and it would take a lot of work, but this could be the closest thing to a revival of Legends that we'll be able to get.

Anyone comment who could help out with this. Anyone who writes LOTHT fanfic also comment if you'd be able to take your fanfic and turn it into a script.

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 02:34:02 PM »
What kind of distribution are you talking?  YouTube/Veoh/etc. exclusive?  Then you have the same issues as we've had with posting episode clips online.  It's messing with the brand.

You can't just take the name of something already existing and make something that's deemed to fall in the same realm and be legal.

Offline OlmecsThrone

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »
Geez, dude. I'm just trying to get something started. I don't have anything planned out. I just came up with this idea 5 minutes ago. I don't have some master plan written out. Maybe you can help out with this instead of just saying all my ideas will fail.
See, we could market these as fanfilms, cause in a way, these are. That's my idea. Message back, Renegade Pancake, and tell me my ideas won't work. :D

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »
The only way I can see it working is in a similar vein to Transformers having all those different universes with same-named characters.  That said, I don't think the same concept could be attributed to Legends.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline OlmecsThrone

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 02:55:30 PM »
Or maybe this could be an underground thing. Everyone on the forum who wants episodes adds their e-mail addresses on a list, and once a new episode is made, it gets sent to everyone on the list. We'd make it clear that we can't post any of this anywhere.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 02:57:32 PM »
Then there's not much point is there?