Author Topic: Episodes that would've been better if the Purple Parrots won  (Read 1266 times)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
There are tons of episodes that would have been infinitely better if the Purple Parrots had won the temple games and went to the temple instead of the team that actually did. Here I will list those episodes and the reasons why.

Season 1:
The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart - So, the temple run in this episode sucks. Why!?!? Because the chubby girl takes up the whole three minutes in the temple and doesn't even reach the artifact! If I were her partner, I'd be extremely pissed. This is also one of those episodes I remember from my childhood. I was soooo disappointed when the Purple Parrots didn't make the temple and I know they would have done a better job.

Robin Hood & Marian's Ladder - If I had to rank all the vicories, this would be near the bottom. This was one of the easiest temple layouts EVER. The hardest task that this team had to do was walk on the wheel in the Wheel Room!  :shock:  Not only do I hate it for that reason, but I also hated how smug that kid was when he was walking across the finish line. Now, if this was a Purple Parrots victory, I might feel differently about it because then it would have meant that the Purple Parrots scored a win in the first season, but... it didn't happen.

Season 2:
The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy - RIGGED! The Orange Iguanas unfairly won that last temple game, and this was yet another EASY temple win. Might I add that Paula is overrated!!! This was also the second of what seems to be countless tie-breaker losses for the Parrots.

The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba -  I couldn't believe that the Purple Parrots lost the final temple game. They had such a big lead and they blew it.  :(

Season 3:
The Marble Armrest of Xerxes - This temple run is pretty pathetic... True that the layout was unwinnable, but I'm 100% confident that the Purple Parrots of this episode would have done better than the Green Monkeys did (especially with the revelation that Levi on the Parrots was Zac from the Secret Map episode's brother). I also think it's funny that they greased the Pharaoh's Secret Passage so much that the Green Monkey kid couldn't even get his footing (this is the first episode someone tried to climb the slide after Zac did it the previous day). Once again, the Purple Parrots lost a tie breaker. :(

The Smashed Printing Plate of Fredrick Douglas - I don't care that the Purple Parrots got destroyed in the temple games, Jason sucked and Dana was singularly the most unlikable contestant ever on Legends. That's all I gotta say.

The Enormous Feather of the Me Linh - *sigh* Another tie breaker loss... I'm just assuming that the Purple Parrots in this episode would not have stood there like idiots in the Quicksand Bog.

The Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis I - We'll never know if the Purple Parrots would have had as much trouble in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers as Katie did...

Honorable Mentions:
The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor - I would NEVER change the outcome of this episode, but I would have really liked to see this Parrots team in the temple.

The Melted Head of Madame Tussaud - This Orange Iguana team sucked, but if they didn't make it to the temple, we would have never seen the hilarity that was Jennifer yelling at her partner. <3

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
Episodes that would've been better if the Purple Parrots won
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »
Well this doesn't bode well for discussion, does it?

Re: Episodes that would've been better if the Purple Parrots
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:33:27 PM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
Season 3:
The Marble Armrest of Xerxes -  I also think it's funny that they greased the Pharaoh's Secret Passage so much that the Green Monkey kid couldn't even get his footing (this is the first episode someone tried to climb the slide after Zac did it the previous day).

Or mabye he just sucked at climbing slides. Pat was a pretty lously player anyway, his inability to climb would not supprise me. It just would have been nine times funnier if he had an extra Minute and spent it trying to climb the slide.

Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
The Enormous Feather of the Me Linh - *sigh* Another tie breaker loss... I'm just assuming that the Purple Parrots in this episode would not have stood there like idiots in the Quicksand Bog.

The Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis I - We'll never know if the Purple Parrots would have had as much trouble in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers as Katie did...

The Melted Head of Madame Tussaud - This Orange Iguana team sucked, but if they didn't make it to the temple, we would have never seen the hilarity that was Jennifer yelling at her partner.

Now these three episodes I acctually believed the Iguanas deserved to go to temple. The purple parrots in the feather only won the final temple game. The ones in clovis tried to cheat and tussaud was one of the few times where the boulder dodge game wasn't rigged so that the player on the left would win. The only other time a team on the right side won that game, and the only other time it was played fairly was in the metal beard.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 05:51:42 PM »
I was HOPING someone would start a topic like this. I agree with just about all of yours. Its really a shame when the Purple Parrots choke so badly in the temple games, yet the latter team goes to the temple and screws it all up. I'm gonna go ahead and list my episodes where purple should have won, and my reasons:

Season 1:
The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan: I can't believe this episode got left out of the list. Or maybe this temple run was so bad it wasnt worthy of be mentioned? Which then I wouldn't blame you TPP. Anyways, we all know about this one. Four room in three minutes, ANY team would have been better than them. John and Tia barely won the temple games with a pendant score of 1.5-1.

The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart: I agree, the frontrunner WAS too slow. But to be fair to her, that was a pretty hard layout. I mean, the shrine/tomb passage didnt open up and the temple guard placement was a little cruel. But still, that frontrunner was far too slow to be first.

Robin Hood and Marians Ladder: I also agree with this one. I can't stand this temple run. The players were FAR too slow and only won because all they got were "hit the actuator" tasks. That run was gonna be a victory regardless of what team went to the temple. With a harder layout, there was no way this team would have won.

Season 2:
The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy: THANK YOU for putting this episode on the list! Paula FELL off the horse, and Kirk failed to realize it. Purple Parrots definately should have gone to the temple here. This temple run was soooooo easy, and honestly, I can't believe people like this episode. Paula was everything but fast and she too only got "hit the actuator" objectives. Lets give Paula the same artifact location, and the exact the same path, but in a Season 3 temple. NOW how much time would she have left on the clock? :roll:

The Crown of Queen Nzinga: Yeah, this temple run sucked. How hard is it to see the half pendant in the Swamp? All the other teams found it, and used it in the next room when the trees were housed with temple spirits. And couldn't Renee just bust through the wall too? I'm pretty sure she could have won there too. She had plenty of time. Also, when someone as dumb as Claude grabs a half pendant in the swamp, and Aqila goes past a half pendant and then goes BACK for it, then yet Renee passes a half pendant that so EASY to see, thats saying something right there. :|

Season 3:
The Marble Armrest of Xerxes: I EXTREMELY agree with this one. This temple run is the epitome of pathetic loss and is one of my all time least favorite episodes. It should have been the Purple Parrots, not the Green Monkeys. Noelle was one of the slowest runners I have ever seen on the entire show. Seriously, how hard is it to swing on a mere rope?!? Pat just didnt make up for lost time at all, and I think its hilarious how he couldn't even climb of Pharaoh's Secret Passage. (Although like mentioned above, it was probably greased). Yeah, this WAS a hard layout, but Candace and Levi would have done LIGHTYEARS better than this pathetic team. I can't believe someone as much as Zac's little bro, blew their chance at winning during SUCH AN EASY tiebreaker. I can't even watch this episode, knowing whats gonna happen at the end of the temple games.

The Smashed Printing Plate of Federick Douglas: And then, on the very next episode the following day, the Purple Parrots score no pendants whatsoever. Dana was just SO ANNOYING, and then she couldn't pull her own weight in the temple run. :roll:

The Enourmous Feather of the Mi Linh: Okay, I realize the Purple Parrots only won the team game, but theres no doubt in my mind they would have moved faster in the temple. Come on, how hard is it to get past the Quicksand Bog? And oh yeah, yet another tie breaker loss. I don't even wanna get started on that....

Honorable Mention:
The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba: I strongly agree that this temple run is overrated. Shane was way too lucky with his long path and lack of temple guards. Honestly, this and "Robin Hood" BOTH get my vote for "most forgettable temple victory ever." Though I do think they slightly deserved to win despite all this....

The Lily Crested Crown of Clovis the First: This was a pretty forgettable episode anyways, and the layout didnt even look that hard. From what I see, it looked like another "Gwailor" path.

The Melted Head of Madame Tussaud: Yeah, this temple run was no good, but I just thought it was HILARIOUS watching Jennifer yell at her partner. So agreed yet again. :lol:

Wowo, long post, and I still would like the Purple Parrots even if they did win more times. I'm not trying to sound like a n00b or anything, but this is just my opinion.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 05:58:31 PM »
I feel the same way about Silver Horseshoe, even though I'm an Orange Iguanas fan. They didn't deserve to win.

I strongly disagree with PPF's opinion about Very Tall Turban though, Shane did well (except maybe figuring out the Shrine) and moved quickly.

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 06:03:21 PM »
Yeah, he was pretty fast, but I couldn't help but find his layout easy. Besides, I put that in the "Honorable Mention," and I still thought they somewhat deserved to win. (Like I said above). Silver Horseshoe, yeah that one was way too undeserving of a win, period.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 06:05:14 PM »
How is it easy? He passed through nine rooms to get to the Turban, which is a good feat. The other guards were probably in the Crypt and hidden in the Dark Forest. Imagine if he had been taken out. Who knows if Jamie was as fast as her brother?

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 06:07:39 PM »
I slightly disagree with the opinions on the Silver Horseshoe outcome. Sure, Paula got away with falling off the horse, but the Parrots still could've made it to the temple if they had won the tiebreaker.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 06:25:45 PM »
Quote from: ""The Bamboo Forest""
How is it easy? He passed through nine rooms to get to the Turban, which is a good feat. The other guards were probably in the Crypt and hidden in the Dark Forest. Imagine if he had been taken out. Who knows if Jamie was as fast as her brother?
Sorry, I just don't like that one. I just felt there were much better wins then this one. And I'm always forgetting about this episode when going through all the temple wins. Though it is true about the 9 rooms stuff. No offence of course. =/

Quote from: ""The Silver Monkey""
I slightly disagree with the opinions on the Silver Horseshoe outcome. Sure, Paula got away with falling off the horse, but the Parrots still could've made it to the temple if they had won the tiebreaker.
Or even better, they sweep the temple games and take two pendants with them to the temple. But either way....

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 06:00:40 AM »
I knew I could count on you PPF.

I didn't add the Cricket Cage of Khan because I think I wiped that episode from my memory. I honestly didn't remember the Purple Parrots even made it to the temple games in that episode.

And the Tall Turban episode was definitely too easy! He didn't have to pass through 9 rooms, but he did! And he still didn't meet a second temple guard. Then compare him to Chandra from the Leopard-skinned Cloak episode who took the exact same path through the temple, had to complete the Jester's Court objective, and she was still faster than Shane and she got caught by a temple guard one room away. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 10:29:13 AM »
haha thanks TPP! Its good to know were on the same page. And yeah I understand about not adding Cricket Cage too. I almost didnt want to add it on the list because I didnt think it deserved to be mentioned.

As far as Tall Turban and Leopard Skin Cloak goes, Shane completed 9 rooms of his own, 4 of those with rather simple tasks. (Hit actuator in ledges, wade way through swamp, plow through a wall, ride elevator). He also only ran into one temple guard too. It just looked easy because of the lack of temple guards. With Chandra, she also passed through 9 rooms, 2 of those being the more simple tasks. (Plowing through wall, and riding an elevator). Chandra had more stuff to do and she still lost one room away. I mean, it was Chandra's own fault for taking the long way, but still, neither layout looked particularly hard. Maybe they figured going through 9 rooms and winning solo was too easy, so the next person who attempted it would have a temple guard tacked on one room away. And as both players entering the Kings Storeroom goes, what about the time they entered the room? I know Chandra entered the room at around 0:53, and I think Shane entered the room at around 0:40. No offence to those that liked the Tall Turban temple run, but I gotta wholeheartadly agree with TPP.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 01:56:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Purple Parrots Fan""
As far as Tall Turban and Leopard Skin Cloak goes, Shane completed 9 rooms of his own, 4 of those with rather simple tasks. (Hit actuator in ledges, wade way through swamp, plow through a wall, ride elevator). He also only ran into one temple guard too. It just looked easy because of the lack of temple guards. With Chandra, she also passed through 9 rooms, 2 of those being the more simple tasks. (Plowing through wall, and riding an elevator).

3 simple tasks (you're forgetting she went through the Pit rather than the Rock Quarry), so she didn't have quite that much more work to do than did Shane.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nickgtp
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 02:17:46 AM »
Issues with the S3 Iguanas, TPP? :wink:

I kinda agree with everything except "The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba". It was a good solo run, and @ TAW - second'd.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 06:47:52 AM »
How about the Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa? The Parrots had a 1-0 lead in the games before completely blowing it in the 3rd game and the tiebreaker.

Sure, the Barracudas managed to get to the artifact, but there's still a good chance that the Parrots could've done better.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 08:58:15 AM »
You know what, I was gonna include that one. But then I figured that Chris and Tracy gave it a good effort, at least they grabbed the artifact. Though it was Chris's own fault for going up to the Heart Room for no reason. (And, entering the temple the wrong way). lol Still, this team did a MUCH better job and were more deserving of entering Olmec's temple than the other teams TPP and I listed above.