Author Topic: Selected Secrets  (Read 905 times)

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Selected Secrets
« on: July 13, 2009, 06:40:43 PM »
Nicklegends Feedback Form
This page used to use GeoCities' form feature to send me an e-mail of the choices visitors entered. The problem is that the e-mail didn't always send properly, causing me to waste my visitors' time, which I didn't like. I had this up and down intermittently for a while.

Spelling Correction Form
I used this for a short time when I was still tracking the episodes. Remember, the episode list on my site was the first complete list on the internet, so I had nothing to go by for most of them.

Comments Form
This was a simple form meant to take the place of e-mails. I was worried about my e-mail address being public on the internet, but I finally chose to post it because of GeoCities' aforementioned inconsistency with sending the form e-mails.

Advanced Statistics Utility
A form I never completed. It was meant to make generating the code for the advanced stats easier to do, but I eventually decided on a different option altogether.

"Old-New" Jewel-Encrusted Egg summary
Jake and I experimented with a number of different templates for the episode pages.

Episode Formatting Test
This might be my favorite page the public wouldn't otherwise see. All the episode pages on the site supply unique information to an imported JavaScript method. I used this page to test the method. Notice my satire...

Old Episode Page
Most of you were probably familiar with these pages. Notice how there are no pages with "l4" in the URL. This is because I originally thought, way back when, that there were ten temple layouts in Season One. Silly me.

April Fool's Background
A prank background I posted for one April Fool's day.

Index with Bad Background
This is what the index page looked like with the ugly background.

Unused Picture
A picture I never used on the website. Crazy, huh? It was originally meant to replace the diagrams in episodes I hadn't yet watched, but I instead decided not to make pages for those I hadn't seen.

EDIT: For some reason, I can't get the picture to work. Strange. The file exists; I promise.

Optical Illusions
An experiment I tried.

Background Poll
Remember that ugly background image from earlier? This was the fake poll I held the night before. Choosing an option does absolutely nothing but take you to the next page.

Results
...And, the corresponding results page. Originally, I wanted the top bar to slowly increment over the day using JavaScript, but I didn't have enough time to do that, so I edited the bar automatically.

Unfinished Quiz
I hardly remember making this. I guess I lost interest.

Original Temple Game MIDI
I updated this to a new version at some point because it was inaccurate.

Forgotten Layout
Remember how I said there were no Layout 4 entries in my old episode list? That's because I was looking for the combination on this page.

---------------

Alright, that's about two-thirds of the secrets. There are plenty of others that I'll share with you when the time is right. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:21:27 PM by The Ancient Warrior »

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Selected Secrets
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 07:24:40 PM »
Wow, thats a lot of hidden pages. LMFAO at the "Episode Formatting Test." And I like the Advanced Statistics Utility the best. Can't wait to see more "secrets."

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Selected Secrets
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 07:28:35 PM »
I think I was just blinded by the "Index with Bad Background". :P

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Selected Secrets
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 07:33:04 PM »
The optical illusion worked like a charm.  XD
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Selected Secrets
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 07:35:10 PM »
It's a little Behind-the-Scenes with nicklegends!

Aren't there a few rarely-visited pages as well? Like the temple games page? :P

There's a lot we don't know about the site, looking at all those secrets!

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Selected Secrets
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 07:41:52 PM »
Yeah, the Temple Games page isn't that popular, and nor is the list of episode notation guidelines. It's a bit obsolete, anyway.

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
Selected Secrets
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 08:12:26 PM »
Hey thanks for sharing some of your hidden pages.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram