Author Topic: Nick Arcade Remake  (Read 1104 times)

Nick Arcade Remake
« on: July 09, 2009, 12:41:54 PM »
here's a question to debate...

as we all know my favorite Game Show outside of legends is Nick Arcade but here's something that is guaranteed to make one think

if a person were to want to do a revival of the game show what would said person need aside from permission from BOTH Viacom and Nickelodeon
and a lot of money

one thought that comes to mind is that NA (Nick Arcade) used A LOT of computers to do the stuff they did so that's one of the most important things to be sure

but what else?

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Nick Arcade Remake
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »
Arcade Games. Lots of Arcade Games.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Nick Arcade Remake
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 06:39:25 PM »
well another thing would be a good host and i mean damn good cuz in my eyes nobody was better than good ol Phil cuz that dude was funny from start to finish

Offline snick54

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
Nick Arcade Remake
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
I think a remake of Nick Arcade could definitely work today, with new technology like online gaming and the Wii.

Nick Arcade Remake
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 06:37:32 PM »
question being what all would you need to make it happen?

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
Nick Arcade Remake
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 08:23:56 PM »
Quote from: ""super red jaguar""
question being what all would you need to make it happen?

If someone in Hollywood that is a gamer and a producer wants to revive the arcade franchise and remake Nick Arcade.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline Asian Legends Fan

• Olmec
  • Vittujen kevät ja kyrpien takatalvi, perkele!
    • View Profile
Nick Arcade Remake
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 10:36:12 PM »
I'd say they should use a lot more interactive stuff, like the Wii, so it feels like you're really immersed in the games. Gives the full gaming experience, IMO.
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

Favorite Season: Season Two

There's no recess and no rules in the school of life.
Brothers and sisters in metal together will conquer the evil as one.

As I begin this journey through my times
Notes will be spilled under childish rhymes
Of all the things that make me mad
Incomprehensible and iron-clad

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
Nick Arcade Remake
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 10:38:47 PM »
Don't forget the arcade games. Now that the arcade has died in the U.S., it seems to be popular in Asian countries like Japan, we might need an uprising for the arcade.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline Asian Legends Fan

• Olmec
  • Vittujen kevät ja kyrpien takatalvi, perkele!
    • View Profile
Nick Arcade Remake
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 10:40:11 PM »
Something like Dance Dance Revolution maybe? I tend to be very partial to interactive games.
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

Favorite Season: Season Two

There's no recess and no rules in the school of life.
Brothers and sisters in metal together will conquer the evil as one.

As I begin this journey through my times
Notes will be spilled under childish rhymes
Of all the things that make me mad
Incomprehensible and iron-clad

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!

Offline Toltendo

• Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
Nick Arcade Remake
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 10:41:26 PM »
Quote from: ""Asian Legends Fan""
Something like Dance Dance Revolution maybe? I tend to be very partial to interactive games.

That could be a good idea to put that in. Racing games are good too.

Nick Arcade Remake
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 05:11:20 AM »
well that's good but one thing was that in the video challenge to do the wizards challenge properly they have to have game with a constantly visible score  on screen so that eliminates a good MANY games already

how about the main game itself

the main game consisted one of the two teams controlling "Mikey the Video Adventure moving him all around the screen in every direction except diagonally

what say the remake gave mikey a new look gave him new enemies to run into and get beat up by new worlds to explore you know the whole works
(for reference se my post Nick Arcade: Mikey's World)