Author Topic: New Legends Research  (Read 5810 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: New Legends Research
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2014, 12:12:27 AM »
I completely forgot that this thread existed. :o There are many interesting stats in here. I feel like we can use this thread for different types of research and statistics? I found the Silver Monkey assembly time to be an very interesting stat in particular. I think I am going to go episode-by-episode and calculate the amount of time it takes each contestant to assemble the Silver Monkey.

Here is what I got so far after analyzing the first three production days of Season 1. The time for the monkey assembly starts the second a contestant touches the base.

EpisodePlayerTotal Time
"Galileo's Cannonball"Jammin John17 seconds
"John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine"Jennifer32 seconds
"The Star of Sultan Saladin"Lea17 seconds
"The Helmet of Genghis Khan"Taylor26 seconds
"The Trojan Horseshoe"Shawn14 seconds
"The Pendant of Kamehameha"Tina18 seconds

Here are my observations:
- Jennifer's (Lost Gold Mine) Silver Monkey assembly time surprised me. She first grabbed the head part of the monkey, but dropped it on the ground. She then kind of struggled putting it together correctly and kept jamming the head down the right way. She has the slowest assembly so far.
- Shawn (The Trojan Horseshoe) has the fastest time so far. Even though we don't talk about his win too much, he moved at a good pace in the temple. I guess being 15 made the episode be a little easy for him?
- The first five Silver Monkey assemblies came from temple winners. :lol:

I will continue with Season 1 later.  ;)

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2014, 02:15:33 AM »
I have to imagine that the Season 1 players were showed how to assemble the monkey. Nobody had ever done it before, how could they just know what to do?
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2014, 02:48:32 AM »
Yeah, the Season 1 teams had a walkthrough of the entire temple before they entered it. According to Nick from "Great Seal" at least. They probably showed the contestants how to assemble the Silver Monkey too. But since Season 1 was a learning experience for both the contestants and producers, they probably didn't really show them extensively how to assemble it. The Season 1 kids definitely had a steeper learning curve than later season teams who could look back at old episodes to see how it is done. I am not surprised to see a lot of long Silver Monkey assemblies from Season 1.

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2014, 11:27:37 AM »
I wonder if when the layouts changed, the contestants were given a more thorough walkthrough of the temple?
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2014, 01:44:28 PM »
I would have to imagine that all the teams were at least walked through it.
Top 10 episodes:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2014, 11:58:18 PM »
I wonder if when the layouts changed, the contestants were given a more thorough walkthrough of the temple?

I feel that the later part of Season 1 did a better job in explaining the rules and giving the contestants more background knowledge of the temple. If you notice, most of the later Season 1 teams weren't as confused by the temple as the earlier Season 1 teams. Not to say that they were better, but you could notice the difference. And the later Season 1 temple runs had better Silver Monkey assemblies IIRC. By S1L8 and S1L9, the episodes felt like the Season 2 temple almost.  ;)

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2014, 11:28:36 AM »
Considering 4/6 of the last episodes of season 1 were wins, I wouldn't be surprised. The other two...well...Chris (and Kirk Fogg, to a lesser extent), and Ron happened.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:55:45 AM by JCW555 »
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2014, 12:49:38 PM »
Moving on, I covered more of Season 1 all the way until Joan of Arc:

EpisodePlayerTotal Time
"Galileo's Cannonball"Jammin John17 seconds
"John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine"Jennifer32 seconds
"The Star of Sultan Saladin"Lea17 seconds
"The Helmet of Genghis Khan"Taylor26 seconds
"The Trojan Horseshoe"Shawn14 seconds
"The Pendant of Kamehameha"Tina18 seconds
"The Lost Logbooks of Magellan"Jessica33 seconds
"Henry VIII's Great Seal"Nick19 seconds
"The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart"Kristen29 seconds
"Ponce de Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth"James17 seconds
"The Belly Button of Buddha"Jennifer22 seconds
"The Stolen Arm of Shiva"Evan27 seconds**
**Never completes Silver Monkey
"The Helmet of Joan of Arc"Mandy9 seconds**
**Never completes Silver Monkey

My observations:
- Despite getting criticism for having the slowest Silver Monkey assembly, Jessica from Lost Logbooks takes one extra second longer to complete the Silver Monkey than Jennifer from Lost Gold Mine. Jessica grabbed the first piece with 56 seconds and finishes assembling it with 23 seconds left. It would've been faster if she put the head down the right way.
- The Blue Barracudas so far have the slowest Silver Monkey assembly time. The fastest player was Jennifer from Buddha who finished with 22 seconds!
- Evan from Shiva would've definitely held the record if he had more time. He was not even close before time expired.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2014, 12:53:55 PM »
Evan from Shiva would've definitely held the record if he had more time. He was not even close before time expired.

I'm pretty sure that honor would go to Larry.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2014, 12:58:51 PM »
Considering 4/6 of the last episodes of season 1 were wins, I wouldn't be surprised. The other two...well...Chris (and Kirk Fogg, to a lesser extent), and Ron happened.

The S1L7-SL19 episodes are MUCH better than the first four layouts of Season 1. I mean look at how bad some of those early runs turned out?

- Golden Ship
- Golden Cricket Cage
- Lost Hammer
- Blackbeard
- Alhambra
- Dead Man's Hand (Due to production errors)
- Lost Logbooks
- Jean Lafitte

From S1L7 and onwards, the only real bad run in my eyes was Silver Saddle Horn. And even then, Vicky just had bad luck with choosing a route that was nothing but a detour. It sucked, but she still moved fast and I don't think she was a total lost cause. The runs above just had a horrible outcome. And look how many times the artifact was grabbed too starting with S1L7?

- Sir Edmund Hillary
- Golden Jaguar
- Shaka Zulu
- Cobra Staff
- Blue Pearl (close enough anyways)
- Lost Lariat (although should've been a win. -_-)
-  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
- Lawrence of Arabia
- Snake Bracelet
- Raccoon Collar
- Anne Bonny (see Lost Lariat -_- )

Hell, we didn't even get our first failed escape run until Sir Edmund Hillary. There was definitely a big difference between the earlier half of Season 1 and the alter half.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
Evan from Shiva would've definitely held the record if he had more time. He was not even close before time expired.

I'm pretty sure that honor would go to Larry.

Larry or Kelly from Montezuma. ;) But Larry wasn't even close even after having a minute to himself. I would really like to see how much time he would've used if he had additional ones to use. :lol:

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2014, 07:51:05 PM »
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to make a giant statistics/research thread? We could have room completion times, records, temple game matchups, and everything else that we could research? I think having an easily accessible database would be good for the forum and give us some new topics to discuss.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2014, 07:56:12 PM »
I support that idea
Top 10 episodes:

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2014, 05:50:06 PM »
I'm going to start it some time soon. I would really appreciate it if anyone else could contribute to it when possible.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2014, 06:16:11 PM »
I was thinking about posting stats about the number of times a certain temple game was used. Like how the Bamboo Maze temple game was only used in Great Seal and Lucky Pig. Same with the maze game in Thornwood Gavel and Bandit Queen. And Lord knows how many times the "pull yourself up the slope" game was used in Season 1. :P