Author Topic: Which Crag was better?Aggro or Mega?  (Read 434 times)

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nickgtp
Which Crag was better?Aggro or Mega?
« on: July 07, 2009, 06:02:43 AM »
Basically what the title says :D

And no, not just for "which name sounds the coolest"! State reasons, please.

I liked Mega Crag the best because it seemed the most challenging of the three, I mean? just Boulder Canyon itself looked like an improvement from the basic rock-climbing based Aggro Crag used in the early seasons. The "petrified lava" (the metal pointy things) added much more challenge, and it was much more disorienting with the Nuclear Flying Crystals in place of the rockslide. And of course, you mustn't forget the straight-up (even obtuse to some extent) rock climb up to victory? Stone Ledge. The players actually had to climb an overhang to the top. Not to mention that the Mega Crag looked better than the color-coded Aggro Crag. It was nice to have the lights off in Season Three.

For that, I prefer the Mega Crag over the others.

Offline silverMarker

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 03:11:59 PM »
The Mega Crag by a long shot.

It seemed like a real challenge. The Aggro Crag, especially in Season 1, seemed way too easy and straight forward. The Mega Crag was like a really confusing maze of sorts. And the special effects, like the "Nuclear Flying Crystals" made the Crag look extra spectacular.

Even the Super Aggro Crag (Global GUTS) looked really bland and easy compared to the Mega Crag, IMHO. Mega Crag all the way.

Offline Asian Legends Fan

• Olmec
  • Vittujen kev├Ąt ja kyrpien takatalvi, perkele!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:37:30 PM »
From all the episodes of GUTS that I have watched, the Mega Crag not only looks better, but it's way more challenging than the Aggro Crag. From what I've seen, the Aggro Crag can be completed in like 15 seconds by some of the contestants.

The Mega Crag really impressed me. They took so much time on making it look well and work well. Even in Seasons 1-2, all they did was release a package of fake rocks rolling down the Aggro Crag. In Season 3, they really set the norm with special effects and computer-controlled obstacles. Mega Crag gets my vote.
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

Favorite Season: Season Two

There's no recess and no rules in the school of life.
Brothers and sisters in metal together will conquer the evil as one.

As I begin this journey through my times
Notes will be spilled under childish rhymes
Of all the things that make me mad
Incomprehensible and iron-clad

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!