Author Topic: Toughest Layouts  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
Toughest Layouts
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:35:22 PM »
As the name goes, this thread is all about the toughest layouts. Take note it includes the placement of temple guards, the number of rooms, the difficulty of rooms, the room where the artifact is, and the number of temple guards before getting there.

If there's a similar thread, I'm sorry.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 01:08:25 AM »
First is the Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein. If Rachel went into the Ledges first, she would have been taken out of the temple in the Room of the Secret Password instead of the Room of hte Ancient Warrior. And she and Keith would have to overcome 10 rooms anyway.
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 01:18:50 AM »
Ponce de Leon and the Fountain of Youth. Let it speak for itself.

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline Long Live Olmec

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nickgtp
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 03:30:24 AM »
Also, the Lucky Pig of Emilia Earheart was quite tough too.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 05:42:46 AM »
Quote from: ""Red Jaguars Fan""
First is the Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein. If Rachel went into the Ledges first, she would have been taken out of the temple in the Room of the Secret Password instead of the Room of the Ancient Warrior. And she and Keith would have to overcome 10 rooms anyway.

There were a lot of difficult arrangements in the episodes preceding this one, too. Take a look at the Spider Web arrangement and the Discarded Seal arrangement. Both were nearly as difficult. I wonder why the staff was so hard on the players during this streak? Was it because they overestimated the advantage the players had retrieving the artifact from the center column of the temple? It seems like that was a pretty universal problem: in only one third-season episode was the artifact successfully retrieved from that column of the temple, and it required somebody has fast as Gator to do it.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 06:10:44 AM »
The Bullet-Riddled Handbag seemed as tough, too.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 09:41:54 AM »
For me, the toughest layout would be any filming day with the "floating green tubes and plank" moat. That said, episodes "Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible," "The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein," and "The Dried Apple Half of William Tell," were the toughest layouts. I also agree with, "Lucky Pig of Amiela Earhart" and "Ponce de Leon's Water Fountain of Youth, and I found "The Golden Goblet of Attila the Hun" pretty hard too.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 11:11:02 AM »
My bids for hardest Temple designs go only to "The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein" and "The Discarded Seal of Ivan The Terrible." Both were really tough, since Keith and Rachel had to go through every single room just to reach the artifact, but Travis and Elisa were both excellent players and they STILL didn't make it in time.  I can't make up my mind between the two.

Quote from: ""nicklegends""
Quote from: ""Red Jaguars Fan""
First is the Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein. If Rachel went into the Ledges first, she would have been taken out of the temple in the Room of the Secret Password instead of the Room of the Ancient Warrior. And she and Keith would have to overcome 10 rooms anyway.

There were a lot of difficult arrangements in the episodes preceding this one, too. Take a look at the Spider Web arrangement and the Discarded Seal arrangement. Both were nearly as difficult. I wonder why the staff was so hard on the players during this streak? Was it because they overestimated the advantage the players had retrieving the artifact from the center column of the temple? It seems like that was a pretty universal problem: in only one third-season episode was the artifact successfully retrieved from that column of the temple, and it required somebody has fast as Gator to do it.

They probably felt they were getting too many wins early in the season and then overdid it with trying to balance things out.  The results were those downright brutal designs which they'd balance out again with the super-easy last day of production.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 11:40:09 AM »
IMO, Scheherazade's layout was rather difficult, too.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 04:48:19 PM »
Oh yeah, any artifact in the center of the temple is hard. What makes it harder is that you might enter it via the bottom floor.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 01:00:48 PM »
The Discarded Seal was by far the hardest. That team didn't make a single mistake or error in the entire run and they were both fast players and even still they didn't make it.

Also, I feel an extremely difficult run that gets overlooked a lot was The Golden Cup of Bel Shazzar.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 02:38:09 PM »
What made the Golden Cup tricky was the long dead end and the reverse psychology idea behind the dead end NOT being the direct path.  I'm convinced Sean could've gone down from the Treasure Room, but just didn't try to before time ran out.  From there, he probably could've gone up from the Tomb of the Ancient Kings.

But yeah, the reverse psychology tactic behind that was what made that run tricky.  Sean and Catherine weren't bad players, but that trick foiled their plans.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Toughest Layouts
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 04:03:54 PM »
I agree with both. You'd think they're in the clear since they didn't try the direct path, but nope, didn't work. That seemed to happen a lot in Season 1. The contestants try for the lower level, with the artifact in the shrine, but their well thought out plans end up not working. At all.