Author Topic: what was your favorite temple run victory  (Read 656 times)

what was your favorite temple run victory
« on: June 04, 2009, 04:04:36 AM »
this question is for those who support certain teams (you know who you are those of you who have the team sig bars in your sigs cuz i'm guilty too)

what was your favorite episode featuring a victorious temple run by the team you support?

for me i know that a Red Jaguar victory is often hard to find despite the fact they had GOOD people on there but if i had to pick one mine would have to be the legend of the Helmet of Genghis Khan

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:02:28 AM »
I'd say my favorite victory, (well, Purple Parrot victory), would have to be, "The Snakeskin Boots of Billy The Kid." Kelly and Tony were a strong team the WHOLE episode and the ending is a real nailbiter. (Tony almost pulling an "Icarus" while exiting from the ledges). The other two Purple Parrot victories are good too, but I think "Snakeskin Boots" is my favorite out of the three.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:20:56 AM »
Can I have 2? The metal beard of the Egyptian queen as it was the best team run where the girl manages to pull the artifact out of the temple, plus the fact that the purple parrots were so young, had a difficult layout and only had one pendant proved That even Purple parrots are a team you don't wanna fuck with.

The other being the lucky medallion of atocha. Ty was probably only player to have his plan go off perfectly.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 11:59:03 AM »
My favorite Blue Barracudas victory? They're all pretty good, actually.

"The Diary of Dr. Livingstone" was okay; while Brett did a very nice job getting to the artifact, he stalled so much getting out with it when the run could've been done with more time left.  That bothered me a bit, but hey, at least he didn't go down again from Medusa's Lair.

"The Belly Button of Buddha" was another one that wasn't quite as good, but Jennifer did a nice job.  Of course, she took some wrong turns and wasn't the fastest, but she did pretty well.  Also, longest time before running into the first Temple Guard (at which point you can't help but get the "too little too late" vibe), and Kirk calling the Troubled Bridge "the Stairs." lol

I still see Mitchell from "The Moccasins of Geronimo" as a great strategist.  Certainly he went through a very simple route, but he chose that route by taking a very irregular path.  Not to mention, he was very calm when he met the first Temple Guard.

My favorite's either "The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor" or "John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine." The girls in both runs were very solid players, and it was fun to see Missy win because she was so nervous all day long, while the John Sutter episode was just funny throughout because of things like Kirk's commentary and the infamous tarp.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: what was your favorite temple run victory
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 02:16:54 AM »
I am surprised I never once posted in this topic. I came across it while browsing some old topics in the Heart Room and thought it was interesting for us to rank the wins based on our favorite team alone. This is how I would rank the Red Jaguars wins:

"The Jeweled-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great" - Easily my most favorite Red Jaguars victory. Both Kris and Kristin made a kickass team in the temple and both put on a great performance. Kris was fast and smart in the short time in the temple, as evident by him making it back to the platform (when he didn't need to) and making it to his third room in around thirty seconds. Kristin was equally as good as Kris, and followed up on his path well. She took the Shrine passage and was fast the whole time. I also love that dive she made in the Pit also, best dive on the show. Overall, a great victory from a great episode.

"The Helmet of Genghis Khan" - Many people don't like this episode, but I think this team did a good job. Becca moved pretty well in the temple and made it all the way one room away from the artifact. Taylor was able to reach the Shrine and grab the Helmet and bring it back with time to spare. I love the ending to this win though and the team was so excited, they couldn't stay in camera frame.

"The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland" - Its a fun win, but there is nothing that really stands out from it though. Yakerra's layout was pretty simple, and she did hesitate a few times in the Shrine. But she did move fine for the most part and was even smart enough to take the Dark Forest shortcut. Like "Genghis Khan" though, I like the ending to the run more where she is playing with the spider from the Crypt.

"The Mask of Shaka Zulu" - I really don't care about this win at all to be honest. It just feels tainted to me and I don't even see this as a quality win. Bobby may have had to dealt with the Wheel Room and Holes of Python, but he really wasn't that great. If he was forced to take the long way in the temple, then there was only a slight chance he would've won. Definitely one of the worst wins on the show.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 03:05:48 AM »
Wow, I forgot all about this thread. :shock: Good call bringing it up for the newer members who might want to give their input on this. As for me, I still stand by "Snakeskin Boots" being my favorite Purple Parrot victory, 3 years later. Easy layout or not, I thought it was a great temple run.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »
Even though they are not my favorite team, I might go back and rank the Green Monkey wins later on. They have a lot of good wins and runs on the show, so that will be kind of hard to rank some of them.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:00:35 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 11:32:02 PM »
I might do the same thing with the Silver Snake runs...

Anyone wanna take the Orange Iguanas? LOL
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 01:19:22 AM »
Here is my ranking for the Green Monkey wins. They had a lot of good and quality wins on the show, so none of them were truly undeserving or bad like other teams had in their runs.

1. "The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain" - The best team to enter the temple were on the Green Monkeys. This team proved no matter how hard a layout is, if you are fast and smart than your team can win. Jessica moved fast in the temple and made the central shaft look easy. When she was taken out, Jarrid raced to where Jessica was left off. He may have made a detour into the Secret Password, but that can be overlooked due to how amazing him and Jessica were. My only problem with this win is that we never see teams like them in the temple.

2a. "The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak" - Center of the temple runs were never easy, but Amanda and Gator managed to pull a win off. Amanda was kind of slow, but she still fared pretty well in the temple. Gator was amazingly fast though and he really hauled ass once he got into the temple, knowing that three minutes was not enough time to dawdle around. The team's excitement at the end of the run adds to the excitement factor of this win.

2b. "Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress" - I didn't know whether to rank this one higher or lower than "Apanuugpak", but I put them on the same number. This team may have not had a "Pirate Captain" layout, but this win was still one of the best wins on the show. Candace made it far in her short time in the temple. David was the star of the run though and I would say that he could one of the best male contestants on the show. IMO, that was the best temple exit on the show and this win was very exciting. I literally thought that this team had no chance in winning but David really put his butt into gear and won!

4. "The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta" - Andrea was a solid contestant and she knew what she was doing in the temple. She was smart enough to wave her partner's half-pendant back to him and she didn't look clueless in any of the rooms of the temple. The solo win kind of brings down the quality of this run, but she still did good nevertheless. Too bad though that the win is kind of forgettable.

5. "The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata" - This was definitely the closest win on the show. Robert moved about an average pace, but he left a path to Olivia-Emma all the way to the King's Storeroom. Olivia-Emma moved a little faster than her partner, and she reached the Amulet with a small amount of time left on the clock. She races out of the temple, climbs through the Ledges, and jumps down the stairs at the last second. Even though the team made a few glaring mistakes like missing the half-pendant, they still had a close finish.

6. "The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza" - This temple run felt like the producers wanted the team to win, but I won't shortchange the effort the Green Monkeys put into the temple. Any season three trek up the central shaft was never easy, and this team managed to pull it off. I am ranking this one lower than the others because I never really found this run to be exciting and the layout was too simple. Either way, its still a decent win.

7. "The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba" - Let's be honest, Shane was extremely lucky in the temple. He was lucky that the last temple guard was not in the Shrine or King's Storeroom. The path he took was dangerous and screwed some other players over like Gareth and Chandra. Its never a good idea to add unnecessary rooms onto your path too. He kind of moved slow and some areas and this temple run was definitely not exciting. A decent solo win that is kind of overrated.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 03:01:11 AM »
Anyone wanna take the Orange Iguanas? LOL
Sure, don't mind if I do:

1. The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus: What can I say? This is far and away one of the most exciting wins ever on the show! Elizabeth and Jason were a solid team, and I especially loved their enthusiasm along with it. Not much else to say except that Jason's grabbing of the Pit rope with the dog leash itself was genius. Great teamwork and great effort all around.

2. The Lucky Medallion of Atocha: Another solid win. After Ty drops his pendant, has it thrown back to him before a temple guard takes it, he blazes through the temple. Talk about memorable, especially for its beginning. Really have nothing negative to say about this run, this team totally earned their win.

3. The Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain: This was a good win and a good effort by Tiffani. However, I consider this run a tad overrated. While it was great that Tiffani got back on the pendulum, she really didn't move all that fast. Plus, she was lucky not to run into any temple guards. But still, kudos to her for bringing SUCH a huge artifact out of the temple. Plus, this does bring back some nostalgic memories for me. Considering this was one of the very first episodes I ever saw. However, I have seen this episode 1029384756 times and it was way overplayed back in the Nick Gas days. Which kind of ruined the episode for me a bit. So it is clouding my judgement of ranking this run higher.

4. The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy: I'll never for the life of me understand what's so spectacular about hitting a bunch of actuators and riding some measly elevator. Simply the most uninspiring victory ever next to "Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder" and "The Mask of Shaka Zulu." Next.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 05:35:40 PM »
That's how I would exactly rank the Orange Iguanas win. At one time, "Sir Gawain" would've been ahead of "Atocha" for me. But Nick GAS kind of killed that episode by showing it every five minutes. Plus, Ty was great in his episode aside from dropping his pendant.

And yeah, I never ever liked "Butch Cassidy" since day one. It was not exciting and each room of the temple Paula entered had little to no enthusiasm to it. All she did was move on her merry way in the temple. Why people try even comparing this run to "The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor" is beyond me.

Maybe I will do another team later, like the Blue Barracudas.