Author Topic: In Retrospect  (Read 570 times)

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
In Retrospect
« on: May 03, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »
All right, we may have mentioned this before, and if we did, my bad.

But looking back two years ago, what do you think was the meaning behind Nickelodeon?s short revival of Legends on cable Nick? Was it nothing more than just cycling through their early morning schedule of playing cancelled shows, or was there another meaning behind it?

Any ideas at all?
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
In Retrospect
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 04:20:39 PM »
Hmm, I have no idea. There could have been a meaning behind it, because I find it odd that Nickelodeon would go through all their old shows and just randomly pick legends to play during their morning hours. (And then, suddenly take it off their schedule after what, 2 weeks?)

Offline geniusonwheels

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
In Retrospect
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 04:28:18 PM »
Nickelodeon has a bunch of shows of yesteryear (I love that word).

I have enjoyed many different shows that use to or do appear early in the morning, and I always feel bad when that show isn't running anymore.

Nick brought back Legends because it is Legends. Legends always seem to have a consistent record of being a popular show. They figured, instead of playing ChalkZone or Rocket Power, they could bring back one of the more successful shows on Nick.

Logically, they went backwards on Legends. The first new Legends on Nick was the Encrusted Egg. By playing the shows in reverse production order, they could stop whenever they wanted to. If they started with Galileo's cannonball, and made it all the way to the end of a season, they might have to keep going due to fans, or they may have to stop, despite of fans. By going backwards, they made all the calls, and the fans couldn't really have any control.

Why only 17 episodes? Not a clue. Maybe they thought not enough people were watching for them to keep the show running on a profit per se. Nickelodeon, as we know, have always been questionable about keeping shows on air.

We can only hope that now that Nick is making new versions of old TV game shows, then maybe...

In Retrospect
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 05:04:07 PM »
All My life I prayed Legends would re-air on nickelodeon. That was around the time my grandmother passed. I always assumed it was some sort of weird universe trade. Albiet its awful to think The life of my grandmother was worth 20 episodes of a childrens gameshow. I guess we'll never know.