Author Topic: Season 2's layouts: A theory  (Read 504 times)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Season 2's layouts: A theory
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:23:18 AM »
I was just reading the Golden Pepperoni thread and it jogged my memory on two similar, but separate theorys I have concerning season 2's layouts. So here we go:

For layouts 4 and 5, I have a theory that the crew received the prop for the Mandarin Hand room later than they wanted.

Think about it. Season 2, Layout 4 was exactly the same as Season 2, Layout 5 except that it had Medusa's Lair instead of the Mandarin Hand. Adding to this is that Layout 4 only had four episodes. I think that the four episodes with Layout 4 were supposed to be in Layout 5, but the Mandarin Hand prop was received too late, which would also explain why it's missing in the intros to the Golden Earring and Milk Bucket episodes.

My other theory concerns the first two layouts of the season. I think that the crew wanted to use Medusa's Lair in Layout 1 instead of the Heart Room, as the layouts are exactly the same except for that room space. Since Layout 1 only had 4 episodes (3 if you don't count the Battle Plan episode), it would make sense if they were supposed to be filmed with Layout 2, but the Medusa head wasn't installed in time for Layout 1's filming day. Another piece of evidence is that while running down the rooms of the temple in the Golden Stallion episode, Olmec calls the Heart Room Medusa's Lair.

So that's my theory. What do you guys think about this? Is it plausible? Do you think this is really what happened? Leave a comment with your opinion!

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.