Author Topic: Interesting Coincidences  (Read 10372 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Coincidences
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2013, 06:39:38 PM »
Ryan from Gwalior was also the only male Blue Barracuda frontrunner in Season 3. And James from Ponce de Leon was the only male Green Monkey frontrunner in Season 1. So Season 2 wasn't the only season where that happened.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »
Don't think this has been mentioned yet, but here's some interesting coincidences regarding "The Leopard Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley" and "The Diary of Dr. Livingstone." Both had Blue-Green-Purple-Silver on the Steps of Knowledge, Blue vs. Purple in the temple games, and both winning teams sweep their temple games. Also, both Blue Barracuda teams in both episodes finish second in the moat and Steps of Knowledge.

Also, we all know the Purple Parrots always lost to the Orange Iguanas in all 8 temple game appearances. But, whenever the Purple Parrots made it to the temple, the Orange Iguanas lost 9 out of the 11 moat crossings. The only two episodes where the Orange Iguanas did make it out of the moat, featured Green-Orange-Purple-Silver on the Steps of Knowledge, those episodes being "The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de Medici" and "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi." Also, both Oracle Bowl and Catherine de Medici used to air together on Nick Gas pre production order reveal. I'm pretty sure I brought this up once in the Legends Trivia thread.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2013, 03:19:10 PM »
Another interesting thing about Annie Oakley and Dr. Livingstone was that both players in those runs used the Mine Shaft elevator. Also, both Chandra and Brett were the only contestants to complete the upper corner room in their respective runs. For Chandra, it was the Room of the Secret Password. And for Brett, it was the Viper's Nest. I know Ty from Lucky Medallion also completed the Viper's Nest, but that doesn't count because he wasn't forced to do it. Nor did it unlock anything anyways.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 09:55:19 PM »
*Bump*

Here's some interesting tidbits regarding the SOK pair Red-Blue-Orange-Purple:
- Two golden artifact were from Season 1 (Golden Cup, Golden Jaguar)
- Two lucky artifacts were from Season 2 (Lucky Medallion, Lucky Pillow, filmed the same day to boot)
- The Purple Parrots advanced 3/5 times from this pair. :mrpurple:
- There were 4/5 artifact grabs from this pair too. (credit goes to TRJ for this tibdit)
- Two were Red Jaguar runs, and two were Blue Barracuda runs. (credit goes to TRJ for this tibdit)
- Both the first AND last episode filmed had both this pair, and were Red Jaguar runs.
- Not only that, but both Belshazzar and Catherine the Great were the only runs where the team won more than one pendant.
- Furthermore, both Belshazzar and Catherine the Great were the only runs out of that pair to not come down to a tiebreaker.

Most of these facts brought to you by the trivia thread. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2014, 09:58:35 PM »
I can't believe I never noticed how Belshazzar and Catherine the Great were the first and last episodes produced respectively and they used the same combination. :lol: It is only fitting though that our show begins and ends with the same combination.  :mrred:  :mrblue:  :mrorange:  :mrpurple:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2014, 09:59:08 PM »
I have one involving tiebreakers

Silver lost two when they were incorrect and Blue won 2 when their opponent was incorrect. Yet Blue and Silver never had a tie between them. 

Also, Silver lost to Red & Green, and Blue beat Red & Green.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2014, 10:00:48 PM »
I can't believe I never noticed how Belshazzar and Catherine the Great were the first and last episodes produced respectively and they used the same combination. :lol: It is only fitting though that our show begins and ends with the same combination.  :mrred:  :mrblue:  :mrorange:  :mrpurple:
Yeah, it begins where it ends, right? :mrred: :mrblue: :mrorange: :mrpurple:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2014, 10:10:55 PM »
Here is another coincident about the "Discarded Seal" production day:

- Discarded Seal, Mysterious Manuscript, Dried Apple Half, and Missing Portrait's teams all went to the temple with two pendants.
- Two of these episodes featured Green Monkeys and two of them featured the Blue Barracudas in the temple.
- Discarded Seal and Missing Portrait were both temple games sweeps while Mysterious Manuscript and Dried Apple Half were 2-0.5 temple game scores.
- Mysterious Manuscript and Dried Apple Half both shared the exact same temple sequence and both teams beat the Silver Snakes in the temple game.
- Discarded Seal and Missing Portrait's teams both encountered three temple guards in the temple, while Dried Apple Half and Mysterious Manuscript's teams only encountered two guards.
- Missing Portrait (Blue/Purple) and Mysterious Manuscript (Blue/Silver) was the only time that the Blue Barracudas faced these respective teams in Season 3.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2014, 10:17:14 PM »
Also, here's something to add to those above stats: Both Green Monkey frontrunners were male, and both Blue Barracuda frontrunners were female. And the pattern of teams entering the temple literally went Green/Blue/Green/Blue on that day. And all frontrunners were taken out with less than 1:25 left on the clock. Of course, Dried Apple Half had less time than that. But it's still less than 1:25, so it still counts. ;)

EDIT: Post 12,000 of the Heart Room! :mrpurple:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:27:39 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2014, 09:26:21 PM »
Here's some more interesting coincidences I found. This time, regarding the SOK pair Red-Blue-Green-Purple:
- Purple didn't advance from it in Season 1. Yet in Seasons 2 and 3, Purple always advanced from it.
- Two of those were Purple Parrot temple runs (Blackfeet Chief, Sacred Ring), both from Season 2. And the only time that pair occurred that season.
- Purple advanced all three times from that pair in Season 3, yet lost the temple games each time.
- Furthermore, Purple lost to Green twice (Lost Hornpipe, Good Luck Watch), and lost to Blue once (Hans Holbein).
- The only win to come from this pair was Lost Hornpipe.

And here's some coincidences regarding Red-Green-Orange-Purple:
- Purple advanced 4/6 times from this pair.
- The only times Purple didn't advance from this pair, were both Red Jaguar runs, (Hannibal, Missing Weather Maps).
- Three of those episodes featured Orange/Purple in the temple games, all with Orange winning.
- Two of those contestants featured a Matt on the show. (Silver Horseshoe, Dolley Madison, both Orange Iguana players, both from Season 2).
- Silver Horseshoe was the only win to come from this pair.

I think I got that right. I know, I keep bringing Purple into this. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2014, 12:53:10 AM »
Red-Green-Orange-Purple was a pretty lousy combination. The only good episode was Dolley Madison. It was definitely not a good day for the Purple Parrots either. I am pretty sure Xerxes was part of this day also.  :oops:

Also, another interesting thing about Red-Blue-Green-Purple was that both Hans Holbein and Ponce De Leon were 2/4 episodes where the teams had to get the artifact from the bottom level out of the center of the tmeple.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2014, 01:50:51 AM »
Here are some comparisons of "The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid" and "The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley":

- Both teams were Purple Parrot teams.
- Both teams finished first in each of their rounds on the show.
- Both teams swept at least one round. (Annie Oakley's team swept the temple games, Snakeskin Boots' team swept the SoK)
- Both artifacts were made of "Skin" that belonged to an animal.
- Both episodes were produced back-to-back.
- Both episodes used a couple of temple games that were not used in other temple games that day.
- Both episodes talked about a historical figure from the wild west.
- Both females were frontrunners that met a temple guard in the Laser Light Room.
- Both times the teams did not try to find a key in the Dark Forest and plowed through the wall instead. But Tony tried the shortcut to the Shrine from the Mine Shaft, but Chandra failed to try it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:56:17 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2014, 01:52:58 AM »
And both female frontrunners went first, and ran into a temple guard in the Laser Light Room. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2014, 07:03:04 PM »
Here are some coincidences regarding Applewood Amulet and Tall Turban:
- Both had Red-Green-Purple-Silver on the Steps, Green/Purple in the temple games with Green (obviously) winning.
- Both were Green Monkey victories in Season 2.
- Both had male frontrunners.
- Both frontrunners ran into temple guards in the fourth room they entered.
- Both teams took 1.5 pendants to the temple.
- Both had artifacts on the top floor.
- Both episodes that came after it (Electrified Key/Ivory Elephant), had Red-Blue-Green-Silver on the steps.
- Both with the Blue Barracudas going to the temple.

Not sure if that was mentioned yet, but there you go. :P

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2014, 09:26:50 AM »
One question during the Applewood Amulet SoK asked, "Which of these men was the leader of Mexico when Cortez invaded?" The choices were Atahualpa, Geronimo, and Montezuma. Each of these people had their own legend on the show: two prior to the Applewood Amulet production day (in Season 1) and one a few days later.