Author Topic: Wild Jungle EP: The Cannonball of the Adventure Galley  (Read 821 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Wild Jungle EP: The Cannonball of the Adventure Galley
« on: April 29, 2009, 12:37:09 AM »
LOTHT Wild Jungle Edition

Season 2, Layout 1, Episode 22

(The camera moves through a mass of thick palm trees, revealing portions of an ancient mayan temple as a waterfall and animals are heard. The jungle ends, and Olmec is revealed)

Olmec: Legends of the Hidden Temple!

(The camera shifts to the temple and its rooms as the pendant crashes together)

Olmec: With your guide, Kirk Fogg! And here he is now.

(The pendant now splinters to reveal Kirk climbing out of the Jungle Crevice and running up the Steps of Knowledge)

Kirk: Thank you very much! Thank you! Nice to see you! Thank you, Olmec. Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple: Wild Jungle! The rooms are filled with lost treasures that are protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards. Only Olmec knows the legend behind each of the treasures in his temple. Which one are we going to hear about today?

Olmec: The legend of the Adventure Galley!

Kirk: Ah, The Adventure Galley! Well, today's adventure has been set, and one of these six teams will have the chance to retrieve the Adventure Galley! Will it be The Red Jaguars? The Blue Barracudas? The Green Monkeys? The Orange Iguanas? The Purple Parrots? Or the Silver Snakes? They're going to have to pass some tough mental and physical tests, and in the end, only one team will earn the right to enter Olmec's temple, but first they have to cross the moat, and Olmec will tell us how they have to do it today.

Olmec: Before you lie the remains of an ancient Roman road. When Kirk gives the signal, walk carefully out to the broken slabs. If you fall in, or if a hand or knee touches the road, you must go back and start again. When the first partner has crossed, the second partner will cross the same way. When both partners have crossed, run over and hit the gong!

(Kirk hits the Silver Snake?s gong to demonstrate)

Olmec: The first four teams to hit their gongs will go on to the next round!

Kirk: Are you ready, teams?

Teams: Yeeaaahhh!!!!

Kirk: Olmec, are you ready?

Olmec: Rock on!

Kirk: On your marks, get set, GO!

(Event Occurs)

Kirk: We've got our four teams! Tough match there; hopping on a destroyed Roman Road isn't easy, but going on to the Steps of Knowledge are the Silver Snakes??and the Purple Parrots??and the Orange Iguanas??and the Red Jaguars! Blue Barracudas and Green Monkeys gave it a great effort too. They will not be going away empty handed though, here's what we have for them:

(The Blue Barracudas and Green Monkeys will each be receiving a $50 gift card from Target)

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 12:15:17 AM »
Kirk: As the quest continues, it's now time for Olmec to tell us about the Cannonball of the Adventure Galley. But teams, pay close attention because your knowledge of the legend can bring you a step closer to the Temple.

Olmec: One of the most well-known pirate ships ever was the Adventure Galley. Captained by bloodthristy privateer, Captain William Kidd, the ship was used in most of Kidd's travels. Kidd sailed all over the seven seas, capturing treasure and plundering ships, and eventually the Captain grew to love his ship. The one day, the impossible happened! The ship sprung a severe leak right off the coast of Madagascar, and soon the crew abandoned their beloved ship. Leaving it lost at St. Mary's Island, the famous boat was stripped and burned, and debris fell out of the ship and into the sea, including some of its now burnt 34 cannons and cannonballs. One of the cannonballs managed to find its way to the temple! Your quest is to find the Scorched Cannonball of the Adventure Galley and bring it back here.

Kirk: Thank you Olmec, so tell us, where is the cannonball?

(Camera shows the cannonball, then zooms out to show its location)

Olmec: The Scorched Cannonball of the Adventure Galley can be found in the Secret Spring.

Kirk: Oh, the Secret Spring! Well! Teams, you are now standing on the Steps of Knowledge. In a minute, Olmec will ask you a question about the legend you just heard. If you think you know the answer, stomp down on the ancient marking in front of you. If you're right, you'll move down to the next level. If you're wrong or run out of time, I'm going to give the other teams a chance to answer. The first two teams to make it to the bottom level will be one step closer to Olmec's Temple. Olmec, we are now ready for your first question.

1. Was the Adventure Galley captained by...
Captain Kidd
Captain Cook
Captain Kirk

2. Was Captain Kidd a....
Privateer
Sailor
Supermarket Owner

3. What was the nickname for the Adventure Galley?
The Goldigger
The Adventure
The Legend

4. On what island was the Adventure Galley lost?
Long Island
St. Mary's Island
North Island of New Zealand

5. Which other pirate had one of the ships abandoned on St. Mary's Island?
Blackbeard
Christopher Condent
Christopher Colombus

6. What is the other name for St. Mary's Island?
La isla de Santo Maria
?le Sainte-Marie
Console de Saint Mary

7. Which of these African nations is home to St. Mary's Island?
Madagascar
Nigeria
South Africa

Kirk: We've got our two teams who are going the Temple Games! They are the Purple Parrots.....and the Red Jaguars! The Silver Snakes and the Orange Iguanas gave it a great effort too, and they are not going home empty handed. We got a cool prize for both of them, and here it is.

(The Orange Iguanas and the Silver Snakes will receive a prize package from Regent Sports)

Kirk: These two teams are going to be playing for the rights to enter Olmec's Temple, right after this!

(Pendant joins)

(Commercial Break)

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:59:06 AM »
(Pendant Splits)

Kirk: Welcome back to Legends! Now the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest. But before we get started, I want to meet our teams here. On the Red Jaguars, we have Jacob. He is 12 and likes to play basketball, but also loves running. Tell me more, Jacob!

Jacob: Uh...well, I started running at an early age as a baby even, and I guess it's carried on until now!

Kirk: So do you like the "race" type running, or long-distance running?

Jacob: Both, but I prefer races because I won a medal in the school track meet.

Kirk: Whoa! For which race?

Jacob: The 4 X 400 relay.

Kirk: Oh, this guy knows that teamwork is important! And Jacob's partner here is Jessica She is 13 and loves to go waterskiing. Tell me about that, Jessica.

Jessica: I started when I was about 11 during summer with my family, and I've loved it ever since.

Kirk: Are you good at it?

Jessica: My brothers are slightly better, but I'm okay myself.

Kirk: Sounds like a sporty team we have here. Let's hear it for the Red Jaguars!

(Applause)

Kirk: And over here, we have the Purple Parrots - and one of the Purple Parrots we have today is Leon! He is 13 and enjoys collecting coins and snow globes, but also loves scuba diving! Tell me more about that, Leon.

Leon: Well, I just like to see the inside of the ocean up-close.

Kirk: (laughs) Yeah, it's much better than TV isn't it?

Leon: (laughs) Of course!

Kirk: And Leon's partner is Lauren. She is from New York City and she loves baseball as well as basketball. So tell me, which one do you like better?

Lauren: I don't really have a favorite, but I play baseball much more often than Basketball.

Kirk: Are you on the school team, or...

Lauren: Yeah, and I play with friends on weekends and stuff.

Kirk: Sounds good. Let's hear it for the Purple Parrots!

(Applause)

Kirk: Okay! Teams, you can go ahead and get ready for your games, and I'll explain what's going to happen here. In the temple games, teams are competing to win Pendants of Life. (Kirk holds up a pendant). They need those pendants to protect themselves from the dreaded temple guards as they make their way through the temple. There are three temple games, and Olmec will tell us about Temple Game #1.

Olmec: All pirates take a carefully planned route with them on a voyage. Your voyage has already been planned, so all you have to do is survive it. When Kirk gives the signal, you will climb up and down through the maze and make your way through the Seven Seas. When you reach the bottom, unhook yourself from the maze! The first player to do so, or the player that's further along at the end of sixty seconds wins!

Kirk: Every voyage has some ups and downs along the way, but I've never seen anything like this before! Well, we'll see what happens. Let's put sixty seconds on the clock!

(Clock bangs down)

(Event Occurs)

Kirk: OHH! The Red Iguanas - I mean Jaguars - got out of the maze first! That gives them the half pendant! The next game is also worth a half pendant, so the Purple Parrots will be able to catch up. Olmec will tell us about it. Olmec?

Olmec: Large ships, even though they are stronger, can still sink! In front of you is a box, which could at any moment, spring a leak! You must predict the hole which the leak will spring from. When Kirk gives the signal, take your stopper and plug a hole. If it's the right hole, it will be plugged and no water will appear. But if you made the wrong guess, it will squirt you! The team with the most correct predictions at the end of sixty seconds wins!

Kirk: Oh, my! They're going to get really wet here! Well, they might. Let's put sixty seconds on the clock!

(Clock bangs down)

(Event Occurs)

Kirk: Wow! Okay, Jacob and Leon got really wet here! But the Red Jaguars got four correct predictions, the Purple Parrots got two, the Red Jaguars get another half pendant! There's still one more temple game left - Mr. Olmec, please tell us about it!

Olmec: Captain Kidd used to torture other ships' crew members. You are sitting on one of his torture devices! When the time starts, your device will start to spin. The player with the most players on the device at the end of sixty seconds wins!

Kirk: Ahh! This might be the only way to escape Captain Kidd's torture machine! Maybe, maybe not! Let's put sixty seconds on the clock!

(Clock bangs down)

(Event Occurs)

Kirk: That was just a minute of torture! But all of them managed to live through it without falling, so they both get a full pendant of life each! That gives the Red Jaguars two pendants, the Purple Parrots had one, the Red Jaguars are going to the temple!

(Cheers)

Kirk: The Purple Parrots did a great job too, here's a great gift we have for them:

(The Purple Parrots will be going home with a $100 voucher from Pizza Hut each)

Kirk: The Red Jaguars are going inside Olmec's temple, but will they retrieve the cannonball? We'll see, right after this!

(Camera pans to a open beak in the Room of the Tropicana Birds)

(Pendant joins)

(Commercial break)

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 01:42:47 AM »
(Pendant Splits)

Kirk: Welcome back to Legends. The Red Jaguars have proven themselves worthy, and now have earned the right to enter Olmec's Temple. But before we get started, Olmec will give us some information on how to retrieve the Scorched Cannonball of the Adventure Galley!

Olmec: You could start by running up into the Room of the Tropicana Birds. Press down the correct beak, and pass into the Jungle Crevice. There, swing across, and climb into the Mouth of the Jaguar. Place the four fangs into the mouth, and you might descend into the Lion's Lair. Correctly place both heads, and pass into the Vine Drop. There, you might climb down through the wall of plants, or pull the vines to enter the Shriiiiine of the Siiiiilver Monkeeey! Assemble the statue, and you may be headed for the Catfish Cove, where you could race down the Falls into the Secret Spring, where you can grab the Cannonball of the Adventure Galley. You might plow through the stone wall into the Sacred Safari, find the key - but be careful! One of the elephants could be inhabited by the spirit of a temple guard! Next, climb into the Tropical Forest. If you escape, you will gain entry to the Chameleon Chamber. Change the color of the correct chameleon to release the doors. Then, crawl through the Crevice, climb through the Mining Chamber, race down the stairs on back through the temple gates! The choices are yours and yours alone. You won two pendants in the temple games. Who's going first?

Jacob: I am!

Olmec: Very well, Jacob! When Kirk gives the signal, you'll race through the gates into the temple, and make your way towards the Scorched Cannonball of the Adventure Galley! Hidden inside the temple are temple guards assigned to protect three specific rooms. You can trade your pendant for an extra life and go on but if you're caught without a pendant, you'll be taken out of the temple...and it will be Jessica's turn to enter and try her luck. If you can reach the cannonball, all the doors of the temple will instantly unlock and the temple guards will vanish. Return through the gate with the Scorched Cannonball of the Adventure Galley in three minutes, and you will both be handsomely rewarded - and here's how!

Dee: For just going into the temple, you'll each be getting a Nintendo DS Lite game package! Complete with a brand new Nintendo DS Lite, and two new games! From Nintendo. If you grab the Cannonball before three minutes is up, you'll also be getting a small prize package from Nike Airwalk, including a pair of comfortable Airwalk shoes and a book bag! From Nike Airwalk. And if you bring the Cannonball out of the temple before three minutes is up, you'll be going to Cancun! You'll be staying at the Krystal Cancun, with swimming, and daily trips departing for the Mayan Ruins! From Krystal Cancun!

Kirk: They're ready for all that! But first they'll have to get the cannonball! So get ready - get in position! Mouthpieces in! Let's put three minutes on the clock!

(Clock bangs down)

Kirk: Olmec, lower the gates!

(Olmec moans as the gate lowers, and the lights switch off as he stops humming)

Kirk: Thanks, Olmec! You ready? On your marks, get set, GO!

(Jacob rushes up quickly and slides down to the Mining Chamber. The camera switches to a different view, and a TEMPLE GUARD pops out from the bottom ledge!)

(He tosses a pendant downwards, then hits the actuator to the Jungle Crevice and crawls downward with 2:44 left)

(Jacob trips a little bit, but manages to climb up the wall and onto the ledge. Hitting the actuator to the Lion's Lair, he quickly changes his mind and opens the door to the Mouth of the Jaguar)

(Racing up, he grabs two fangs and places them in the bottom spaces with 2:30. Jacob then grabs another two and places them into the mouth before the door to the Lion's Lair slides open with 2:25)

(Disappointed, he climbs down the ladder slowly and pulls off a lion head. He places it on the stage-left lion, and it immediately roars with 2:16. He grabs the second and correctly attaches it, before the roar is heard and the door to the Vine Drop swings open)

(Jacob heads into the Vine Drop with 2:03 remaining. The first vine won't open the door, and neither does the second. "He's having a little bit of trouble there," comments Kirk, as he tugs the third vine and the door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey bangs open with 1:49)

(He rushes down the stairs and grabs the base of the monkey. Placing it on the pedestal, he runs to the back of the room to grab the middle - but a TEMPLE GUARD jumps out to capture him with 1:40)

(Jessica immediately jogs up the stairs and slides down into the Mining Chamber. "Nice path cleared out there for her," says Kirk as Jessica climbs up into the Lion's Lair with 1:22 remaining)

("Still plenty of time," comments Kirk as she crawls into the Vine Drop. "Go, go!", he cheers, as Jessica enters the Shrine with exactly one minute remaining)

(She goes to the back of the room and grabs the middle, and tries to place it upside-down on the base. "Dosen't work that way!" yells Kirk, and Jessica turns it around. She wastes about 14 seconds before she realizes it's upside-down, with about 0:42 left on the clock)

(Jessica then goes for the head of the monkey, and tries to jam it down, but it slips sideways in the process. She pulls the head out slightly, turns it around, and jams it down with 0:35 remaining)

(The door to the Catfish Cove slams open, and she heads up the stairs right as the third TEMPLE GUARD reaches out to her. She gives him her pendant, then grabs a fish with 0:29 remaining. Realizing the objective, she quickly hits the actuator to the Falls, and dives head first down the slippery slide with 0:21 as she hits the wave of balls in the Secret Spring)

(She wades towards the front of the room, grabs the SCORCHED CANNONBALL with 0:17, and falls in the direction of the wall. As if on cue, her hand touches the wall and it gives way)

(She climbs into the Sacred Safari with difficulty and 11 seconds on the clock! She then attempts to climb into the Tropical Forest - but TIME IS UP!)

Kirk: Aww! She didn't make it out with the cannonball! But they did grab it, and they now have the DS's, and the Nike package. I'm tired, we have to get outta here, so see you next time for another great Legend of the Hidden Temple: Wild Jungle style! Buh-bye!

(Credits scroll as the camera pans to a very misty Chameleon Chamber)

Olmec: Hmmmmmm....

(Stone Stanley logo)

Dee Baker: Legends of the Hidden Temple: Wild Jungle was recorded in front of a live studio audience, in Universal Studios Florida.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 01:40:41 PM »
Because I'm such a nice guy, here's a diagram for you:

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 04:49:46 PM »
Quote from: ""The Silver Monkey""
Because I'm such a nice guy, here's a diagram for you:

Oh, you're too kind....

Artifact Name: The Scorched Cannonball of the Adventure Galley
Result: Reached Artifact
Time Remaining: N/A
Pendants Won: 2

Summary:

Jacob was a pretty average Legends contestant, as he was fairly fast and had a good idea of what to do in each room, except the Vine Drop. The only mistake he made was to change his mind and go up to the Mouth of the Jaguar, and then get forced down into the Lion's Lair again. He was taken out in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey with 1:40 left, and Jessica took all the remaining time to make it to the Cannonball, grab it, and start to run. Time ran out shortly after.

I find it funny that they would use ANOTHER artifact related to Captain Kidd, as they did already in the first season. Furthermore, the third temple game, with the "Torture Machines", I don't think was quite appropriate for a kids-aimed game show!