Author Topic: Returning Events  (Read 712 times)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Returning Events
« on: August 26, 2008, 04:28:33 PM »
What events do you want to andor think to return for My Family's Got Guts?

Looking at this video, it looks like Slam Dunk, Zero G, and Peak to Peak are returning.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Returning Events
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 07:26:17 AM »
I think they'd have to bring back simple things, too, like basic training, though it's difficult to say which events will have enough flashiness to be on the show. It looks like Nick is making an American Gladiators for kids with this incarnation more than any other. Anyway, I expect to see Basic Training, Jump Jump, and--what was the one where you had to throw balls at your opponent?--that one.

One question I have is whether either the pool or track will be back. I don't see any indication they will be (and quite frankly, I don't want to see hairy dads try to fit on boogie boards).

Returning Events
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:10:45 PM »
Nickelodeon has a list of events and their descriptions on their website (www.nick.com/guts). I think all of the events are remakes of the old ones, with a more extreme twist and new names (I kinda wish they'd have kept the old names):

Sky Slam: Sounds like Slam Dunk
Flying Football: Seems like Fumble or Spirals
Supertoe PK: Sounds like Shoot out
Free Run City: Seems like Zero G meets Tornado Run
Vert Ball: Sounds like Dodge it

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Returning Events
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
Looking at the descriptions on the official site, Sky Slam sounds like a combination of Rebound and Slam Dunk to me.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
Returning Events
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:40:31 AM »
ACES!