Author Topic: My Pit of Despair Theory  (Read 5154 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 01:44:02 PM »
Well I think there was once where there were mismatching pots (the colors were about the same but the style was different I think)

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 08:23:42 PM »
Sorry for the extremely long post.

But didn't the temple games in the Silver Cannonball episode start first for its production day because of how Kirk introduces the temple games? They could have filmed the temple games and temple runs in any way. That's probably why the Bifocal Monocle episode had the Secret Map temple run summary while the other episodes in its prodution day (War Fan, Battle Flag, Much-Heralded Helmet) had the original temple run summary. The temple run could have been moved to another day and they used the same orange glow for the run. And since the Secret Map temple run summary is filmed in every Season 3 episode except those three and the Lion-Headed Bracelet episode and since the Lion-Slashed Jacket episode started filming before the Secret Map episode, I'm not sure if Cristina puked because the Battle Plan temple run could have been filmed last and they had to stop because of time constraints.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 09:40:03 PM »
No, "The Silver Cannonball of Granny Nanny" was last of the day.  I can understand why people would think it was the first episode of Season 2, but back in '07, the last year before Nick GaS switched to The N for most people, Nick themselves revealed the production order of the show.  That's how we know the order.

"The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack" was the first episode of Season 3.  For the rundown using the usual video, that can only be explained by the video being put in slightly out of order (or they went back and redid the video for only that one episode).

EDIT: Welcome to the forum, Red Jaguars Fan! I'm sorry if I came off as snobbish by what I already said; it's great to have you here.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2009, 10:24:05 PM »
Could there be any other girl besides Cristina, Tarrah and Aqila that could have puked in the Pit? It is possible we're missing someone.
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 05:56:38 AM »
Quote from: ""Red Jaguars Fan""
Sorry for the extremely long post.

But didn't the temple games in the Silver Cannonball episode start first for its production day because of how Kirk introduces the temple games? They could have filmed the temple games and temple runs in any way. That's probably why the Bifocal Monocle episode had the Secret Map temple run summary while the other episodes in its prodution day (War Fan, Battle Flag, Much-Heralded Helmet) had the original temple run summary. The temple run could have been moved to another day and they used the same orange glow for the run. And since the Secret Map temple run summary is filmed in every Season 3 episode except those three and the Lion-Headed Bracelet episode and since the Lion-Slashed Jacket episode started filming before the Secret Map episode, I'm not sure if Cristina puked because the Battle Plan temple run could have been filmed last and they had to stop because of time constraints.

I think that Nick GAS was right, because in the temple run of "Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy", Olmec's lights didn't switch off when he lowers the gate, and that was the only episode where that happened.

Could there be any other girl besides Cristina, Tarrah and Aqila that could have puked in the Pit? It is possible we're missing someone.

It is very possible. I thought it was Tarrah because of the weird editing, some people thought it was Cristina because of the X - XV layout change, and TSM [and I] thought it was Aqila because of the two guys in the Pit at the end of the show. If anyone finds any other suspicious editing or whatnot, feel free to discuss here.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 11:30:10 AM »

Perhaps Katherine from Belshazzar? Why else would the temple be in Layout V when the rest of the show filmed in Layout I?

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 12:29:23 PM »
They probably didn't have enough time to film the temple run for Belshazzar. (Remember when Kirk said the first episode took 18 hours to film?) I don't think it was any contestant in Season 1, I have a feeling it was a Season 2 contestant.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 10:47:25 PM »
Quote from: ""The Silver Monkey""
Perhaps Katherine from Belshazzar? Why else would the temple be in Layout V when the rest of the show filmed in Layout I?

I don't think so, the room with the wheel was officially called "The Pit of Despair", but Kirk called it "The Wheel Room" or "The Wheel" so much that I think he wouldn't remember that it was called the Pit of Despair. I think he was probably reffering to the versions with green balls in them, hence making it a Season Two player. Keep in mind that he always called the room that was officially "The Pit" by the name of "The Pit of Despair" often too.

EDIT: Nevermind, if the layout changes, then she must've thrown up in the Layout I run. Still, I've got my money on a season two girl.

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »
I'm starting to get convinced that it was Cristina because the pots in the Storeroom in the Golden Stallion run were a different color that the ones in the Silver Horseshoe run. The only reason the production staff would have had to replace them was if the room's objective was completed in a Layout I version of the Battle Plan run.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 10:52:23 PM »
Honestly, I don't think that the crew would be so flexible to allow a re-do. I think they would be more like "If you puked, you puked. Too bad."

Nick aren't nice people anyways...:)

P.S. If it really was Tarrah, isn't it ironic that the girl who puked had to retrieve a bucket?

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 12:15:39 AM »
Quote from: ""The Bamboo Forest""
Honestly, I don't think that the crew would be so flexible to allow a re-do. I think they would be more like "If you puked, you puked. Too bad."

I agree with TBF. They never let the runs with production errors restart. Such runs are The War Fan of the 47 Ronin and The Golden Stallion of Ali Baba.

I'm not even sure they noticed these errors. THe one time they did was the War Fan episode. And yet they gave the kids in that episode the 2nd prize! Don't they have some kindness towards the kids, especially the younger ones?

So, Cristina could have puked, but if she did, why would they restart?

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 12:26:53 AM »
Actually, they did restart the run, they probably wouldn't have let them re-do it after the restart.

I mean seriously, they stopped the clock after the girl threw up, then let her start from that point already - that would already let the person rest and calm down, meaning she would be less tired when she started running again. Isn't that already a little unfair?

My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 08:04:52 AM »
There was no production error in the golden stallion.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2009, 08:36:33 AM »
Maybe Christina was sick before the temple run even started, so maybe then the production crew put off the temple run. There is just no excuse to put off the temple run if it wasn't last of its day. And I'm sure they had a perfect time fitting the "restart" over. They probably just tacked it in on the last filming day of Season 2. I still think it was a restart, its not that hard to re-film just a temple run. It's not like they filmed the whole episode over again. If they really had no time to film ANY temple run that filming day, then "The Silver Cannonbal of Grandy Nanny" would've been our Layout XIV temple run.

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2009, 12:46:12 PM »
But then how do you explain the pots in the Storeroom in the Golden Stallion run being different than the ones in the Silver Horseshoe run?

Unless Paula inadvertently knocked one of the pots over while escaping with the Horseshoe, I don't see a reason why the production staff would change the pots out for the Golden Stallion's run, outside of the objective being completed in a Layout X version of the Battle Plan run.