Author Topic: My Pit of Despair Theory  (Read 5152 times)

My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 07:31:24 AM »
The thought accoured to me, when Aquila doubles back into the pit for the Half pendant of life we do not see and vomit or any men cleaning said vomit. So the cronology doesn't make sense. If she puked than she wouldn't be able to go back for the pendant. Plus wouldn't they clean the pit before they sent her back into the temple?

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 08:43:08 AM »
Maybe she puked after she went back for the half pendant. Also, they wouldn't show someone elses puke on TV, even Kirk said that got edited out eventually. And once the run was over maybe they wanted to sanitize that section/clean it more for the next group of kids. Also, when Kirk was telling us about the girl who puked in the pit, he said this girl was "hysterical and freakin out." Tarrah doesn't/didn't seem like the freaking out type, while Christina and Aquila, seemed like they would overreact over something like puke.

My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 10:08:08 AM »
But if she pukes after she grabs the half pendant than she's no longer in the pit of despare where the even accoured. The awkward Edit that accoured happened before she when back for the pendant.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 01:02:04 AM »
Umm....excuse me...

Am I missing something here? What Awkward Edit??

EDIT: Do you mean the sloppy camerawork that dosen't show Aquila in the crawl tube for a moment?

EDIT #2: Shouldn't the puke incident be a 3rd or 4th episode of the day? Because (and I'm not sure I havent listened to the interview in awhile) didn't Kirk say something like good thing no one saw it? Or is just my mind playing tricks on me? And keep in mind that Kirk basically called any room with green balls in it the Pit of Despair, so it could either be the Pit or the ACTUAL Pit of Despair (the one used in S2 L1-L2)

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 03:32:04 AM »
The reason actually why I thought it was Tarrah to some extent (and sometimes my reasoning is insane) is because - you might notice in that "Cutest Boy/Girl Thread" I mentioned Tarrah in my list - at the player interviews! PPF has a picture of Tarrah at the interview in the DVD cover I made her (in PPF's signature). But then later in the King's Storeroom, she turns around and looks tired out, and her hair looks messy (I don't know why, but her hair was actually in the helmet when she answers, "I am!", but now suddenly it's kind of messed up. (I know, I'm crazy, right?)

Here are some screencaps (sorry about the user interface thing, I had to really quickly take these)

"Cute" Tarrah at player interviews:

"Okay" Tarrah during Olmec's advice:

"Messy" Tarrah during temple run:

"Sickly" Tarrah after temple run (off topic: Chris looks like he's overly happy lol)

Notice how she looks more than tired at the end of the run, she really does look ill (tired eyes, looking down, paler face, etc.)

Screencaps aren't everything, if you do have the episode downloaded or in a DVD collection or something, you can watch it and see what I mean.

So do you think I'm crazy?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 01:08:07 PM »
Hey nice screencaps! (Especially the first Tarrah picture, during the interview). lol The reason she looked so tired after the run is because she picked up a rather large artifact, with not so much time to spare, and jumped across the pit and fell. If I had recorded a solo victory with 0:01 left on the clock, completed 7 rooms just to reach the artifact, picked up a big artifact and jumped into the pit, I'd be tired too. As far as the helmet thing goes, she probably just kept adjusting it all episode. Also, Kirk said in the interview that this girl was freaking out and everyone had to like calm her down. Tarrah doesn't/didn't seem like the freaking out type, even over something like puke. I have this episode downloaded too, (and I've screencapped it), but I don't see that much evidence that it was Tarrah. (Her suddenly leaving the pit was probbaly just some bad editing). Maybe I should pull my screencaps of Christina out and possibly compare her to Tarrah?

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 05:01:59 PM »
The only issue with the editing claim is that the clock runs at exactly the same rate through the bad cut.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 07:00:32 PM »
It did? :shock:

I'm really not sure who hurled in the pit now.  That odd edit reminds me of the Shaka Zulu cut.  I still think Bobby cheated in that ep with opening the door and Nickelodeon wanted to cover its own butt, but there couldn't have been a similar reason for the cut with Tarrah.

But if it was Tarrah, then there really wouldn't be a logical reason for the run for "The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale" being postponed.  I think I'm still thinking it's Cristina by virtue of that, but I want to figure out what the edit in "The Milk Bucket of Freyd?s" was all about.

Unless someone could give a better possible reason for why the run for "The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale" was in Layout XIV rather than Layout X.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 07:31:26 PM »
The only reason I can think as to why the run may have been postponed is they ran through the temple layout ten, didn't win, and one of the parents hounded the nickelodeon staff untill they finally said "O.K. will let them run temple again." But that reason doesn't make that much sense. I will say one thing, At some point the silver snake in that episode entered the temple layout ten and made it to the kings storeroom. Seeing as the pots which remainded unbroken in the silver horseshoe are black, whilst the posts in the silver cannonball are green.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 01:42:11 PM »
Also, I think the pots were green for the "Golden Stallion of Ali Baba" temple run as well. (Neither player entered the Kings Storeroom in that run, but you can see it in the temple footage/rundown). Since the black pots were never touched in the "Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy" temple run, why would they randomly replace pots that haven't been broken? I still think it was Christina, because there is just no other reason why the temple run had to be postponed. The layout XIV version of the temple run was probably just a restart.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »
Yeah, I agree.  James probably got taken out after completing the King's Storeroom objective (or at least after smashing one of the pots), and then Cristina puked on her part of the run.  It works; I can't think of a better reason for a retry.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 03:24:21 PM »
Or, maybe Christina went first during the layout X temple, then puked in the pit. When she eventually kept going, she then completed the Kings Storeroom objective, hence the pot color changes for the next runs of that day. So when the Layout XIV temple run came about, Christina probably didn't want to have the same problem, so she made James go in first instead. I know its not uncommon for a guy to go in first, but Christina was probably afraid she was gonna puke in the pit again and have the same bad memories and deja vu.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 01:15:39 AM »
Wait, weren't the pots in nathan Hale some sort of beige? Were there any other S2 L5 episodes that also had that color pots?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 10:21:02 AM »
I think you misunderstood.  What we're saying is that James and Cristina originally did the Temple Run on the day they should have, but were given a retry for some reason.

On the original run performed on the first day of Season 2, they had to have gone into the King's Storeroom, because the pots from "The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy" were replaced with new ones by the time "The Golden Stallion of Ali Baba" was recorded, but Paula didn't destroy any of the pots in the room.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 01:07:10 PM »
Not to mention, I doubt they'd replace pots that haven't even been broken yet. If no one entered the Kings Storeroom, (or just never smashed the pots), wouldn't they just leave them be?