Author Topic: My Pit of Despair Theory  (Read 5153 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:15:39 PM »
Everyone knows that some girl threw up in the Pit of Despair (or maybe some other Pit, Kirk couldn't even remember his opening lines). We'll probably never know who it was, but this is what we know:

~It was a girl :wink:
~It was in the Pit room :wink:
~The time stopped, then she had to get back into the Pit and keep running

Now, this is where I STRONGLY DISAGREE with Renegade Pancake that it was Cristina. His reasoning is that she puked in the Pit of Despair--which was S2 L1, then it was tacked on the last day of filming--in S2 L5, which indicates the layout change. But this is impossible--Kirk Fogg himself said that she kept running.

Right now, I am thinking of "Tarrah" from "Freydis". My reasoning:

~Strange editing shows her turn away after hitting the actuator to the Laser Light Room, then cuts to her halfway through its doorway a milisecond later
~Perhaps the reason why she jumped across the Pit instead of simply grabbing the rope was because she wanted to avoid the spot where she puked. At her age when she was on the show, I have to admit I was pretty freaked out when someone puked, and avoided the spot whenever possible. (i.e., Can we cross the street later, can we not go to that bus stop, etc., etc., etc.)
~Tarrah did look kinda sick after the run....
~Maybe she was kinda slow during the run because she didn't want to puke a second time....

This is my thoughts on the subject, feel free to add on comments. :wink:

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:30:58 PM »
OK, one more reason I just realized.....

Notice how Tarrah holds onto her chest almost as if she was going to throw up again, right before the Stone Stanley logo appears.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:16:06 PM »
I've been meaning to bring this up, but I really don't think it was Tarrah that puked in the pit. Tarrah did run pretty slow in the temple, but thats just how she was. Not everyone is gonna be super fast in the temple, no matter what the reason. As far as holding her chest goes, she was probbaly just tired. I mean....jumping a pit and breaking a big artifact is quite some tiring work. The person who I think puked in the pit, was Christina from, "Secret Battleplan of Nathan Hale." I think it was her for these reasons:
~ The layout change. This may sound dumb, but maybe after the temple run (the season 2, layout 1 version of the run), they could have asked her if they wanted to re-film the run on another day. (So the season 2, layout 5 version of the run could have been a restart).
~ There really is no other reason why the run had to be restarted and/or postponed. If it were for time constraints, wouldn't they have postoned the temple run for "Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny," the last run for the day? (Since the battle plan temple run was second for its day).
I used to think it was Tarrah, but Christina puking in the pit, (and the layout change from S2, L1 to S2, L5), could have been a reason to restart the temple run for a different day. (I know they made the puker keep going after they cleaned up the pit, but still). That's probably where Renegade got the idea that thats why the "Battle Plan" run had to be filmed at a later day. Like, the temple run could have been filmed originally in S2, L1, and after making her keep going after puking, once the run was over, they could have asked her if they wanted to film the run again. Only this time in S2, L5, it could happen.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 10:08:20 PM »
I do realize the layout change, I just downloaded that episode yesterday and observed it closely, as well as the Milk Bucket, and I realized the newest factor. She just suddenly grabs for her chest, then suddenly she dosen't look sick anymore and gets all excited.

My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »
If you watch the Silver Horseshoe episode the Pots in the Kings storeroom are black, But in the Silver Cannon Ball of Grandy Nanny their green. All I'm saying is at some point the silver snakes in the battle plan episode ran through the temple and made it to the kings storeroom. Thats all i'm gonna say.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 11:51:36 PM »
Quote from: ""Purple Parrots Fan""
I've been meaning to bring this up, but I really don't think it was Tarrah that puked in the pit. Tarrah did run pretty slow in the temple, but thats just how she was. Not everyone is gonna be super fast in the temple, no matter what the reason. As far as holding her chest goes, she was probbaly just tired. I mean....jumping a pit and breaking a big artifact is quite some tiring work. The person who I think puked in the pit, was Christina from, "Secret Battleplan of Nathan Hale." I think it was her for these reasons:
~ The layout change. This may sound dumb, but maybe after the temple run (the season 2, layout 1 version of the run), they could have asked her if they wanted to re-film the run on another day. (So the season 2, layout 5 version of the run could have been a restart).
~ There really is no other reason why the run had to be restarted and/or postponed. If it were for time constraints, wouldn't they have postoned the temple run for "Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny," the last run for the day? (Since the battle plan temple run was second for its day).
I used to think it was Tarrah, but Christina puking in the pit, (and the layout change from S2, L1 to S2, L5), could have been a reason to restart the temple run for a different day. (I know they made the puker keep going after they cleaned up the pit, but still). That's probably where Renegade got the idea that thats why the "Battle Plan" run had to be filmed at a later day. Like, the temple run could have been filmed originally in S2, L1, and after making her keep going after puking, once the run was over, they could have asked her if they wanted to film the run again. Only this time in S2, L5, it could happen.

You know, about the layout change, I'm really not sure, but here's some information about Blackbeard and Belshazzar.

Blackbeard:
~First episode recorded
~Kirk mentioned that it took them 18 hours to film it

Belshazzar:
~Layout changes from Layout I to Layout V

Perhaps the reason why the temple run of Belshazzar was postponed was because they didn't have enough time to finish up Belshazzar's temple run, hence indicating the layout change.

Plus, those were the first two episodes to START production, therefore they were taped on the first day.

Now take a look at the Battle Plan.

Battle Plan:
~Layout Changes from X to XIV right after the temple games
~The artifact is moved from the Throne Room to the Shrine

Considering that they were both filmed on the first days of their respective season, could the Battleplan reasoning be the same as Belshazzar? But then Battle Plan wasn't scheduled last for its day. Hmmmm....

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 08:24:02 AM »
The thing that I find weird about Blackbeard's Treasure Map is that when I saw it not too long ago, everything in that episode was in Season 1, Layout 5. The moat featured the "lay on a tube and pull yourself across with a rope" moat that was also featured in episodes such as "Oracle Bowl of Delphi," and "Ponce de Leon's Water Fountain of Youth." Also, during temple games 1 and 3 in "Blackbeard's Treasure Map," you can see the Treasure Room, Room of Harmonic Convergence, and the Wheel Room/Trouble Bridge, indicating that it was indeed filmed with Season 1, Layout 5. But with "Golden Cup of Belshazzar," the moat featured that "ancient staff, kneeling on a raft" moat that was also in "Galileo's Cannonball," and "Dead Man's Hand." Also, during temple games 1 and 3 for that episode, you can see the Room of the Golden Idols, The Throne Room, and the Wall Climb without ropes, indicating that it was Season 1, Layout 1 up until the temple run. So I find it odd that "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" would be the first ever episode, despite it having all the same layouts. Where as, "The Golden Cup of Belshazzar" is filmed in Layout 1 up until the temple run. (Don't get me wrong, I understand the "start production, taped first day" thing, but still). As far as "Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale" goes, that episode was the second of its filming day, and "Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny" was last. If there was really time issues, wouldn't the temple run for "Grandy Nanny" be postponed? Or maybe Christina was already sick before the temple run even started so maybe thats why they had to postpone it?

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 09:15:00 AM »
Well, with "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" being the first episode, I think it was more of a pilot episode done a while before the rest of what would be the first season.  So, I think the filming was like this:

Pilot episode
Blackbeard's Treasure Map

Layout I
The Golden Cup of Belshazzar
Galileo's Cannonball
Wild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man's Hand

So, it was probably still time constraints that affected the Golden Cup.  Something along the lines of "we've spent too long on this episode, we need to finish up the others." With "Blackbeard's Treasure Map," the layout would later appear as the fifth in the whole season; I don't think they wanted to get rid of it, but wanted to start out the actual season with something easier based on Sabrina's awful Temple Run. (Of course, every episode with that layout had the same result...)

At any rate, I think it was "The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale" with Cristina puking in the Pit.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 09:25:55 AM »
I think that blackbeards treasure map was a whole other episode outside the original pilot. I think that the original unused pilot was called Blackbeards treasuremap, and due to productions restraints they had to make another episode later on in the season with the same name with a new group of kids and everything. The pilot was probably rudementry and never aired on nickelodeon.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 11:38:21 AM »
Yeah, thats what I figured. It was probably a pilot that they did a couple of weeks before the real show began, but because of production restraints, (like yall just said), they scrapped the original pilot and re-filmed it with Season 1, Layout 5. And "The Golden Cup of Belshazzar" still having time constraints makes sense too. Man, it seems like everything was so thrown together in the first season. I mean, look how long it took to get the Season 1, Layout 1 episodes filmed.

My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 03:47:09 PM »
You know, if you watch the pilot for double dare it looks nothing like the show that was eventually made. I wonder what the pilot for Legends looked like..

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 03:56:32 PM »
Quote from: ""notundercovercop327""
You know, if you watch the pilot for double dare it looks nothing like the show that was eventually made. I wonder what the pilot for Legends looked like..

...If there even was one. I mean, just think how expensive the set was, with the Temple and everything. I can't think of any other Nick game show that can compare.

Online The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 08:28:28 AM »
Looking at TBF's thread about the Golden Pepperoni episode, I think that it might've been Aqila who puked in the pit. What other reason would two crewmembers have for being in the pit after the run ended?

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 09:23:05 AM »
I guess that could explain why Aquila was so slow and went passed the artifact. She could have been too phased out or distracted from puking in the pit. But was there any editing in the pit that could have indcated something had happened to that degree? (Besides not seeing her for a short while when she was going back for the half pendant she passed up).

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
My Pit of Despair Theory
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »
*Bashes self in Forehead*

TSM, I never thought that the reason why two random people were in the Pit was because that Aqila could have been the one who puked! My goodness, I am stupid.