Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125205 times)

Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #1140 on: December 31, 2006, 03:59:15 AM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
The Quicksand Bog passge did open up in the Spider Web episode. You can see a clear shot of it in the credits.

Also, NONE of the "Climb up from underneath the center room" temple runs are possible. They always end in like the Dark Forest.  The Ivory Elephant, the Golden Spider Web, the Missing Portrait.... The Fountain of Youth episode doesn't count because that was a season one episode.... too easy. Of course, the temple gaurd placement was horrendous.

If every one moved like gator from the mussle shell armor then they could pull it off

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #1141 on: December 31, 2006, 04:40:55 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
Quote from: ""Olmec""
The Quicksand Bog passge did open up in the Spider Web episode. You can see a clear shot of it in the credits.
I heard they opened up certain doors in the credits, so you don't know for sure, I think...
That is true--I think they flip the "all-doors open" trigger when it makes exiting out of the temple easier for the contestants and cameramen, or for whatever other reason. I think they did not do it most times because the temple must have taken a very long time to manually "reset," that is, to slide all the doors shut after they had been opened.

Why would they do it here, though? Jeremy could just plow through the wall, pull a Henry the Eighth's Great Seal and run over to close the show with Kirk and Christine. (I still say it wouldn't have mattered and Jeremy wouldn't have gotten the Golden Spider Web even if the team won 2 Pendants and the diagonal passage was open.)

Also, NONE of the "Climb up from underneath the center room" temple runs are possible. The Fountain of Youth episode doesn't count because that was a season one episode.... too easy.

Not easy for Season 1 players, since most of them didn't have a clue what they were doing.  Plus the Temple Guards were in the Cave of Size, the Observatory and the Room of Harmonic Convergence.  The boy (I forget his name) could'nt avoid the Observatory and the Room of Harmonic Convergence and still get to the Bottle of Water of Ponce de Leon in the Heart Room. Unless he began in the Cave of Size (but he wouldn't cus the upper route had easier objectives,) any frontrunner would be taken out only one room away and the second player would be stuck with about a minute on the clock. (Not enough time to pass through 9 cleared rooms and finish the objective of the tenth and climb up a ladder, grab the Bottle, climb up another ladder and go through three rooms, down the stairs and back through the Temple Gates.  Even Jennifer from The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl wouldn't be able to pull it off if she was paired with this guy.)
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 31, 2006, 05:06:06 AM »
If they're gonna show the same episodes over and over again, could they at least choose ones a little less pathetic?

12/31/06

The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan
The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 31, 2006, 06:02:42 AM »
I love the Dried Ear of Corn episode. It's tragic. So close....

Anyways, it really proves how much the temple gaurds can mess a team up. I mean, It was the same temple design as The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, except the Dried Ear of Corn team ran into all 3 temple gaurds. It really cost them.

Something I never noticed before, when the temple spirit in the tree grabs Tess, Kirk says "Give it the pendant" and Tess mumbles something. Today, I was finally able to understand what she said. She said "Where do I put it!??!" then you can hear the crew yelling at her: "In the tree! Go! Go!" :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 31, 2006, 08:38:51 AM »
Something I never noticed before, when the temple spirit in the tree grabs Tess, Kirk says "Give it the pendant" and Tess mumbles something. Today, I was finally able to understand what she said. She said "Where do I put it!??!" then you can hear the crew yelling at her: "In the tree! Go! Go!" :P

I don't blame her for getting confused.  Given that they stuffed a spotter in the trees (see Michael Lupia interview on the Shrine of the Silver Monkey,) you'd think you could just put the Pendant in the tree's hand and go on.  There should've been some hook on the outside of the tree that you could hang the Pendant on if you get caught.  It would've made handing in the Pendant a lot quicker and easier.

« Reply #1145 on: December 31, 2006, 10:44:08 AM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""

I don't blame her for getting confused.  Given that they stuffed a spotter in the trees (see Michael Lupia interview on the Shrine of the Silver Monkey,) you'd think you could just put the Pendant in the tree's hand and go on.  There should've been some hook on the outside of the tree that you could hang the Pendant on if you get caught.  It would've made handing in the Pendant a lot quicker and easier.

I disagree the puting the pendant on a hook would take forever puting it in the trees mouth doesn't take that long.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 31, 2006, 10:47:29 AM »
Oh I guess, I was just thinking the players wouldn't be saying "Where do I put it?" if there was a upward-curved hook next to the hole.

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 31, 2006, 02:30:04 PM »
Boy, that's a good way to end 2006....NOT!!

« Reply #1148 on: December 31, 2006, 03:22:05 PM »
Quote from: ""Headbanger15""
Boy, that's a good way to end 2006....NOT!!

not this again. can we discuss this in another topic

Offline Nickgas-misser

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 01, 2007, 01:27:39 AM »
1/1/07
The Diary of Dr. Livingston
The Trojan Horseshoe
:)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: January 01, 2007, 05:30:06 AM »
OMG YAY!

Great start to the new year!!!!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 01, 2007, 06:56:11 AM »
YES!! Two episodes I've never seen before!

Who was it that said we'd get diffrent episodes starting 1/01/07? Was it math? Either way, haleluyah!

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #1152 on: January 01, 2007, 07:02:38 AM »
I'm just happy to see that Nick GAS made it into 2007.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 01, 2007, 07:10:27 AM »
I suppose after reducing the number of Legends episodes the show, they'd do the same to their other shows and then the channel would close shop.  But this is a real twist! And now my "haven't seen" list will be a bit shorter when I catch the episodes at 3:00, it'll look like this:

Again, a question mark next to an episode means I'm not 100% sure I haven't seen it.

Alexander and the Gordian Knot
John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine ?
Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
The Codebook of Mata Hari
The Collar of Davy Crockett
The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin ?
The Golden Goblet of Attila the Hun
The Golden Stallion of Ali Baba
The Helmet of Joan of Arc
The Ivory Elephant of Scheherazade
The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
The Moccassins of Geronimo
The Pendant of King Kamehameha
The Plumed Headdress of Cosarara
The Ruby Earring of bin-Zibab
The Sacred Ring of Sultan Sulayman
The Shriveled Hand of Afua
The Silk Sash of Mulan ?
The Silver Saddle Horn of Hannibal
The Stolen Arm of Shiva
The Stone Marker of Leif Eir?ksson
The Very Tall Turban of Ahmad Baba
The War Fan of the 47 Ronin

Seen: 96-99 episodes

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #1154 on: January 01, 2007, 08:51:19 AM »
Interesting way to start off the new year, what with two victorious episodes that haven't been seen on television in quite some time.

I seem to recall the Diary of Dr. Livingstone victory not doing anything for me.  It was just kind of there and rather boring.  The Trojan Horseshoe's run was a little boring as well, from what I recall.

Oh well, enjoy the new episodes while you can.  I predict we'll get "new" episodes tomorrow, and then we'll be back to the cycle of fourteen or so we've been getting for months.

Oh, and I've seen 111 episodes.  The following really need to air on GAS, for I haven't seen them AND I don't own their runs.  (There are more whose runs I don't have, but one step at a time.)
- The Keys to the Alhambra
- John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
- The Lost Logbooks of Magellan
- The Silver Saddle Horn of Hannibal
- The Golden Goblet of Attila the Hun
- The Jeweled Necklace of Montezuma
- The Bent Shaving Pan of Jedediah Smith
- The Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis I (has ANYONE seen this episode?)
- The Lion-Slashed Jacket of Sacagawea