Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 125615 times)

Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #750 on: September 20, 2006, 11:58:56 AM »
if you ask me a close lose is more exciting than close win

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #751 on: September 20, 2006, 12:17:24 PM »
Quote from: ""outer space""

Really? That was often the case in Legends, but even then I can't say that close acquisitions of the artifact were more exciting than one-second wins... I'd have to think about that.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 20, 2006, 02:55:34 PM »
Of the three heart-pounding episodes, only the Golden Earring had the team actually grabbing the artifact, the other two were CLOSE losses without grabbing the lost artifact.

Offline TBombMadeEZ

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 20, 2006, 07:38:53 PM »
It would be awesome, if you could erase your memory, and watch them all again, and rate which ones are your favorite.

That way you could watch each show from beginning to end, and you wouldn't know who won each round of games, and would be excited for a temple run, just like you were when you were young.

Too bad that is impossible.

I personally think, the race to the gate, is much more exciting and heart pounding than grabbing the artifact in time.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 20, 2006, 08:14:29 PM »
Yes, if only there was a way we could erase our memories and watch episodes anew...

"Smithers, get the amnesia ray."
"You mean the revolver, sir?"

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 21, 2006, 01:12:13 AM »
Quote from: ""outer space""

ARE YOU CRAZY :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :x

One-second wins rule!

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 21, 2006, 04:11:42 AM »
Well, I'm pretty sure i had seen the Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl episode when i was younger and had forgotten all about it, so when i saw it for the first time in years a couple months ago, it was like seeing it for the first time. :D

PS, the one-second wins are awesome too. I can't decide which i like better... I just know that Galileo's Cannonball really doesn't excite me all that much. :roll:

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 21, 2006, 05:24:01 AM »
I really like all the one-second wins, with the exception of "The Milk Bucket of Freydis".

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 21, 2006, 07:39:21 AM »
You don't liek the Milk Bucket!?!?! *scoffs*

That's my favorite one. :P

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 21, 2006, 08:11:53 AM »
The Applewood Amulet is my absoulte favorite one-second left victory, although the layout in that episode was too easy.

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 21, 2006, 10:26:12 AM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
Well, I'm pretty sure i had seen the Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl episode when i was younger and had forgotten all about it, so when i saw it for the first time in years a couple months ago, it was like seeing it for the first time. :D

PS, the one-second wins are awesome too. I can't decide which i like better... I just know that Galileo's Cannonball really doesn't excite me all that much. :roll:

WHAT :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :!:  :!:  I LOVE Galileo's Cannonball and the Milkbucket of Freydis!  They're my second and third favorite episodes!  Out of the four one-second wins, I like the Applewood Amulet least.

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 21, 2006, 10:28:19 AM »
Quote from: ""tss1011""
I really like all the one-second wins, with the exception of "The Milk Bucket of Freydis".

YOU'RE CRAZY!  Okay, then if you tell what you think, I'll tell what I think.  I DISLIKE THE MUCH-HERRALDED HELMET OF SIR GAWAIN!  Yes, it's true.  I don't like that episode.

Offline juan833blue

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 21, 2006, 10:31:34 AM »
9/21-2006
The Comet Embroidered Battleflag of William the Conqueror
(A second runner's mistake in the Ancient Warriors room cost them the trip on the Big Red Boat, but still grabbed the flag in the Chamber before time ran out.)

The Golden Spiderweb of Robert the Bruce
(This show had the biggest cheater in Legends history.  Jeremy of the Green Monkeys cheated in the first temple game, then he passes up a half-pendant in the pit and a Temple Guard in the Quicksand Bog ends the run with less than 30 seconds left, but they would not have reached the spiderweb anyway.)

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 21, 2006, 10:35:57 AM »
Quote from: ""kamehemeha""

YOU'RE CRAZY!  Okay, then if you tell what you think, I'll tell what I think.  I DISLIKE THE MUCH-HERRALDED HELMET OF SIR GAWAIN!  Yes, it's true.  I don't like that episode.

Um...OK.  Wow, do you always go ballistic whenever someone states an opinion contrary to yours?

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 21, 2006, 10:43:52 AM »
Two more "new" episodes.  Looks like GaS is finally starting to get its act together.

And, yes, Jeremy is completely to blame for the Golden Spiderweb loss.  He cost his team the sorely needed second half pendant in his Temple Game by nefarious means, and then, he passed up the half-pendant that should've been his in the first place, and deservedly got ejected by the third temple guard, ending the run.  Of course, the spiderweb was hidden in the center of the Temple, so the team probably wouldn't have made it out, but they could've at least made it to the artifact if it wasn't for Jeremy's boneheadedness.  Last note: Listen for a hilarious Fogg-Up when Kirk intros the Temple Games.